In Heaven

Heaven's Boys

Jongin lifted his head up and groaned.

 

His head was throbbing badly.

 

He opened his eyes and blinked. And he was startled at the sight. 

 

Two boys were peering at him (Jongin) and studying him all over. Their faces were so close to his that Jongin could hear their breathing.

 

The first boy had copper bangs that were tousled. He had nice big sparkling round orbs and a grin plastered on his face which made him looked rather creepy.

 

The other boy next had almond-shaped eyes. His hair was swept straight, with streaks of auburn sticking out from his brunet bangs. He had a dorky smile to him.

 

Both were cute, Jongin decided. But he was still a little freaked out.

 

“Who are you?” he stuttered. “Where am I?”

 

The guy with the dorky smile said, “I’m Byun Baekhyun.”

 

Pointing to the guy next to him, the boy named Baekhyun continued, “And he’s Park Chanyeol.”

 

“And you’re in heaven,” a deep voice said.

 

It came from the boy named Chanyeol and it sort of caught Jongin by surprise. His voice just does not match his boyish cute looks.

 

And then his mind registered the word ‘heaven’.

 

“Am I dead? I couldn’t have died of alcohol poisoning, could I?” he mumbled to himself.

 

The two boys grinned at each other. Chanyeol then pinched Jongin on his cheek.

 

“Ya!” Jongin yelped in pain. “That hurts. What was that for?”

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol erupted into laugher.

 

“I can feel pain. I’m not dead!” Jongin exclaimed excitedly.

 

“What makes you think you were dead?” Baekhyun asked.

 

Eyeing Chanyeol, Jongin said, “He said I am in heaven.”

 

“And you are,” Baekhyun laughed. “Just not that Heaven, but Heaven, the café, pub and club.”

 

“Well technically, you’re not in Heaven. You’re on the upstairs of Heaven. The club’s downstairs. This is our living quarters,” Chanyeol said.

 

Jongin massaged his temple, his head still throbbing with pain.

 

“You passed out at our backdoor. You obviously had too much booze. For you safety, we decided to take you in,” Baekhyun said.

 

“Gamsa hamnida,” Jongin said.

 

“Baekhyun! Chanyeol!” a voice called out for the two boys.

 

The boys turned their faces away from Jongin towards the direction where the voice was from and greeted, “Umma!”

 

This caused Jongin to feel stumped. Why are they calling this weirdly dressed man – with an oversized pink t-shirt that droops all the way to his knees, with a pink hairclip clipping his hair to prevent his fringe from falling and a pair of pink bunny slippers – umma?

 

This place is strange, he thought to himself.

 

“Is the boy you brought home last night awake?” the man asked.

 

They nodded.

 

The said man started to walk towards Jongin who was still lying on the sofa. Jongin felt shivers run down his spine as he started to fidget and making plans to escape. But the pounding inside his head persisted.

 

Oh no, is he a ert? Is he psychopathic? What is he going to do me?

 

The said man was soon peering at Jongin before saying, “Annyeong haseyo. Lee Sungmin-imnida.”

 

Sungmin broke into a bright smile. “You must be thinking that this is all weird. Anyway I am one of the owners of this place. And Baekhyun and Chanyeol are just two of my adopted kids. Well, technically Baekhyun, Chanyeol, well, it’s too complicated to explain to you all at one shot.”

 

Jongin blinked in confusion.

 

The next thing he felt was a pair of arms round his shoulder giving him a hug.

 

It was Sungmin.

 

This is weird, way too weird, Jongin thought.

 

“I still don’t know your name,” Sungmin said.

 

“Kai,” Jongin mouthed out a random name. He felt uncomfortable divulging his real name at this point of time.

 

“How old are you Kai-ssi?”

 

“18.”

 

“You’re old enough to be my son,” Sungmin said.

 

Jongin felt really unnerved.

 

“Thanks for taking me in for the night. I better get going,” Jongin said uneasily.

 

Just as he rose from the sofa, he plonked right back into it to the splintering headache.

 

“Damn it,” Jongin cursed silently inside.

 

“Kai-ssi? Can I just call you Kai? It’s so weird to add ssi since you’re even younger than Baekhyun and Chanyeol,” Sungmin asked.

 

Jongin nodded.

 

“Are you having a hangover?” Sungmin asked in a concerned tone.

 

“Boys, can you get Kai some water and get him some freshly squeezed fruit juice?” Sungmin asked.

 

The boys headed off to the kitchen. Chanyeol returned first with two glasses of water. He handed it to Jongin and he gulped both glasses.

 

Baekhyun soon emerged from the kitchen with a glass of orange juice.

 

Jongin did not feel like consuming any more liquid. He felt quite bloated. But looking at the expectant faces of his hosts, Jongin had no choice but to oblige and finish up the drink.

 

“Kai, go have a rest. We’ll talk again when you get up,” Sungmin said.

 

Jongin nodded.

 

Turning to Baekhyun and Chanyeol, “Ok boys, I’m going back to sleep. Your Kyuhyun-appa would be wondering what took me so long just to grab a cup of water.”

 

“Remind Kyungsoo later that he is in charge of preparing brunch for us,” Sungmin said. “You guys better get your schoolwork done.”

 

“Ne umma,” the boys said. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry for the short update. But I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

And Sungmin would finally make his entrance. What do you think will happen in the next chapter? I hope you like the Baekyeol couple. 

Do you like this chapter? Remember to comment, okay? And if you're new here, please remember to subscribe to this story okay? 

I'm now in Germany. I would be flying home soon in a couple of days. After I get over with the jetlag and catch up with all the shows I have missed, the updates should start to become more regular. 

My next update should be next Wednesday and Thursday. 

 

Do check out my other fan fics if you have not already done so.

My other fan fics

KyuMin: Almost a love story

KyuMin: 60 Days 

It's You (너라고) Neorago (a YeWook fan-fic)