A nightmare, Kai's first day in school, HunHan's first date

Heaven's Boys

 

“Kyungsoo-ah, your spaghetti is so yummy,” a bespectacled angelic face boy commented as he slurped on the noodle.

 

“Kyungsoo, you’re really a good cook,” he continued. 

 

“Have more then,” Kyungsoo said.

 

“I will, but I want you to feed me,” the boy opened his mouth.

 

Kyungsoo took his fork and twirled the strands of pasta and fed the boy.

 

“It tastes especially good because you’re feeding me.”

 

“You’re such a sweet talker,” Kyungsoo said.

 

“I’m not. I mean it. Let me feed you,” the other boy said.

 

……

 

“Jino,” Kyungsoo muttered as he tossed and turned in his bed.

 

……

 

Kyungsoo stood up and threw a tantrum, “I don’t care. I want to go for a swim. And you’re coming with me. You’ve been neglecting me for a long time because of your training. You’re always listless when we meet up. Don’t you know how lonely I feel? Do you even care about me anymore? Do you even love me anymore?”

 

“Kyungsoo-ah, I’m sorry for neglecting you. But I’m really trying my best. I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t care or love you. And I don’t regret coming on this trip. We had an enjoyable time together.”

 

“But don’t you know time is precious? Once you debut as an artiste, you won’t have time for me. And I’m going off overseas to study cooking…I want to spend whatever time we have together.”

 

……

 

 “But I have kept you company haven’t I? I know that you feel lonely and insecure, and I have kept you company even though I was tired. It was difficult for me too. Kyungsoo-ah, I’m not a good swimmer. You’re not a good swimmer either…what if something happens?” Jinho reasoned.

 

“So now I’m the unreasonable one? You sound as though I’m forcing you.”

 

“Kyungsoo-ah…”

 

“I hate you Cho Jinho. Don’t talk to me. You’re no fun to be with. You can go back to Seoul by yourself. I’m going for a swim. I wonder why I agreed to be your boyfriend,” Kyungsoo shouted as he stormed off.

 

……

 

“Jino!” Kyungsoo screamed as Jino was being carried and laid on the sand. Someone started to perform resuscitation on Jino. Kyungsoo who was dripping wet collapsed with his knees in the sand.

 

Just then, everything suddenly became pitch black. Kyungsoo whispered, “Jino.”

 

Kyungsoo could hear the sound of water pelt the ground. The sound of footsteps grew louder. Kyungsoo looked up and saw a figure approaching him.

 

“Jino!” Kyungsoo called out.

 

The figure was dripping wet as it approached Kyungsoo.

 

“Jino.”

 

“You did this to me,” the figure said coldly and monotonously. “Why did you do this to me, Kyungsoo-ah?” I loved you so much.”

 

The figure then stretched out his hands to grab Kyungsoo’s neck. “You! I’m in this state because of you. You don’t deserve to live Do Kyungsoo.”

 

The figure then began to throttle Kyungsoo’s neck causing Kyungsoo to splutter. “You piece of crap. Now die. Die!”

 

……

 

“Jino!’ Kyungsoo shouted and opened his eyes as Kyungsoo sat up from his lying position.

 

He glanced around him. Streams of light entered the room through the window. Kyungsoo glanced at the clock. It was six in the morning.

 

Jongin stirred from his sleep, as he turned to Kyungsoo and asked as he rubbed his eyes, “Hyung, are you okay? Did you just scream? Did you have a bad dream?”

 

“Kai, I’m fine. Go back to sleep. I’ll go fix breakfast. I’ll call you when I’m almost ready.”

 

Jongin nodded as he turned to his side and fell back into sleep.

 

Kyungsoo dragged himself to his study desk and opened the drawers and quickly picked up a bottle, opened it and popped two pills into his mouth.

 

“It’s just a dream. It’s just a dream,” Kyungsoo chanted as he stared into reflection in the mirror. He was in a daze; his eyes were bloodshot and he looked pale.

 

……

 

“Come to your senses, Do Kyungsoo,” Kyungsoo mumbled to himself. “It’s not your fault. Yesung-appa, Ryeowook-appa, Kyuhyun-appa and Sungmin-umma have said that you’re not to be blamed.”

 

But at the next moment, a voice in his head was telling Kyungsoo, “No. It’s not fault. You had been too playful and inconsiderate.”

 

Although his mind was in a whirl, Kyungsoo went about his routine for a Monday morning. He would normally prepare breakfast for Kyuhyun, Sehun and for himself as they had to leave the home earlier than the rest. Today was also Jongin’s first day in a new school, so he would be cooking an extra portion for Jongin too. But being a helpful person, Kyungsoo would also made extra food for Chanyeol and Baekhyun who would rise later as their classes start later. Joon-myun and Sungmin would only wake around noon and so they did not need breakfast.

 

He started to brew coffee. Kyuhyun always likes to have coffee in the morning. He then reached for the toast and put them in the toaster to give in a brown and nice crisp to the bread. Halfway through, he remembered he had to wake Jongin up, and so returned to their shared room where he spent about five minutes waking the younger boy up. It was not easy to wake Jongin up from his beautiful slumber.

 

He then returned to toasting the bread. When he was finally done, he cracked some eggs, and whisked the content together in a mixing bowl with some cream, salt and pepper.

 

“The dreams are recurring,” Kyungsoo sighed. “It is that time of the year again.”

 

It would be Jino’s second anniversary. It was time to pay Jino a visit, Kyungsoo thought.

 

He started the fire and he poured half the bowl’s contents to make a fluffy spread of scrambled eggs. He repeated the process a second time.

 

Kyuhyun entered the kitchen followed by Sehun. They helped to bring the food out to the dining area as Kyungsoo quickly pan-fried some slices of ham.

 

He opened the fridge and reached for the packet of milk and punnet of strawberries and blueberries. He then brought out a packet of rolled oats and brought all the food to the dining table as Sehun and Kyuhyun helped bring the cutlery, plates and glasses.

 

Last but not least, Kyungsoo brought the coffee in. By then Kyuhyun, Sehun and Jongin were already seated.

 

Kyungsoo noticed that Jongin’s uniform shirt was not tucked in and looked a little creased.

 

“Kai, did you not iron your shirt?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

Jongin shook his head.

 

“But it looks so untidy,” Kyungsoo pointed out.

 

“I’m fine with it. Back home, I didn’t bother ironing my uniform unless my mum did it for me,” Jongin replied.

 

“That won’t do. It’s your first day at a new school. You would want to leave a good impression. Scratch that, you should always look neat and presentable every day, not just the first day,” Kyungsoo said.

 

With that Kyungsoo walked over to Jongin and ordered, “Take your shirt off. I’ll iron it for you.”

 

Sehun chuckled and he teased. “Hey, that’s not fair. Why is Kai getting such special treatment? Can you iron my uniform for me too, please?”

 

“No way Oh Sehun. You can iron your uniform yourself or get that Lu Han guy or someone who’ll do it for you,” Kyungsoo teased back.

 

“What Lu Han guy? I don’t remember such a person,” Sehun quickly tried to brush off the name off.

 

“Didn’t you run after him that night?” Jongin interjected.

 

“I was asked by Joon-myun hyung to return him the money. I’m not interested in him. Appa, will you be bringing Kai and me to school since it is Kai’s first day?” Sehun asked, hoping to change the topic.

 

Kyuhyun nodded. “I’ll drop both of you off. I have to finalise some paperwork with the school administration.”

 

“Kai, take the uniform off right now,” Kyungsoo said sternly.

 

“I don’t want to hyung,” Jongin refused.

 

“If you don’t do it by yourself, I’m going to have to take it off you,” Kyungsoo warned.

 

“You wouldn’t dare,” Jongin challenged.

 

“Says who?” Kyungsoo countered as he started to grab Jongin’s shirt.

 

Kyungsoo tackled Jongin from behind while Jongin struggled to break free from Kyungsoo’s grip. The tussle resulted in Kyungsoo ing two of Jongin’s shirt buttons while accidentally touching Jongin’s chest. The touch caused both of them to blush a little. Kyungsoo quickly withdrew his hand.

 

“Fine, I’ll take it off for you to iron,” Jongin replied as he ed the rest of his shirt and took it off to reveal a lean and toned body.

 

Kyungsoo gulped silently and quickly turned his face away in embarrassment. He quickly grabbed the shirt and headed to the room to iron Jongin’s shirt. 

 

……

 

Jongin’s first day in school passed rather smoothly. He was in a different class from Sehun due to their different majors. Sehun majored in design and animation with a minor in dance performance while Jongin majored in dance performance with a minor in production.

 

Luckily for Jongin, he had been dancing at a young age, and he had a talent in dancing, so it would not be too difficult for him to catch up if he puts in some effort. The instructors offered to give up some additional coaching as well.

 

Sehun showed him around school during lunchtime and the two of them together attracted quite a bit of attention from the students. By the end of day Jongin had already made friends with his classmates.

 

The school bell sounded signalling the end of the day. Jongin quickly picked up his bag and dashed off to Sehun’s classroom, politely excusing himself from his classmates who wanted to take him out.

 

Sehun was checking his watch. He remembered his appointment with Lu Han and did not want to leave the other boy waiting.

 

Just as he stepped out of his classroom, he bumped into Jongin.

 

“Kai, what are you doing here?” Sehun asked.

 

“Well, shall we go home together? I don’t know my way back to Heaven,” Jongin said.

 

“Oh! Well, that…” Sehun stuttered.

 

“Or do you want to go somewhere first?” Jongin asked, noticing Sehun’s hesitation.

 

“Well, I have an appointment with someone,” Sehun said as he glanced impatiently at his watch.

 

“With who?”

 

“Someone. A friend.”

 

“Can I tag along? I really don’t know how to get back home from here,” Jongin said.

 

“You can’t come along. Just take the subway to XXX Station and transfer to the XXX line. And then you alight at XXX Station. I’m sure you would be able to find you way home from there. I really have to go,” Sehun said as he impatiently brushed Jongin off.

 

“Sehun, wait. How do I get to the subway station from here?”

 

Sehun his lips in annoyance. “Just follow the crowd.”

 

“What happens if I get lost?” Jongin asked.

 

“You’re such a wimp. And you’re older than me,” Sehun remarked. “If you’re lost, just give umma a call. He’ll be around. Bye. I have to go.”

 

And with that, Sehun sprinted off leaving Jongin feeling silly and dumbfounded.

 

……

 

Lu Han was seated at a bench outside Sehun’s school. He was wearing a blue shirt with a while t-shirt underneath and a pair of jeans. He had his green MCM backpack with him and he was wearing a cap. He looked pretty lonely. But he did not go unnoticed by some of the students who were gawking at him. 

 

Sehun ran out of the school gate and turned his head to search for Lu Han. He spotted Lu Han’s solitary figure at the bench and ran towards it.

 

“Sorry, I’m late,” Sehun apologised. “School just ended and I was delayed by a friend. I hope I did not make you wait for too long.”

 

Lu Han just smiled at Sehun. Sehun looked really handsome in his uniform – dark coloured pants, his white long sleeve shirt with a tie and a yellow vest and blazer over the shirt. “It’s fine. I just arrived not too long ago.”

 

Sehun nodded. “So where do you want to go?”

 

“I know of this coffee house. It has a nice ambience and nice cakes. But it is a bit far from this place,” Lu Han suggested.

 

“I’m okay with travelling. I’m not in any hurry.”

 

“Let’s go then.”

 

Sehun and Lu Han walked off when Jongin exited the school gate. He could spot Sehun walking next to someone.

 

But he did not manage to take a good look at the other guy. He looks familiar, Jongin thought. Where have I seen him before?

 

……

 

“So what do you want? It’s my treat,” Lu Han said as they eyed the display of cakes at Prince Coffee House.

 

“They all look so pretty and appetising. I really don’t know,” Sehun said.

 

“Shall I order one of each?” Lu Han asked.

 

Sehun shook his head. “We can’t finish them all. You decide. I’ll eat anything.”

 

“And what would you like for a drink?”

 

“I like bubble tea, but they don’t serve it here,” Sehun sulked. “I guess I’ll have an ice-blended tea. You decide for me.”

 

Lu Han nodded. “Can you find us a seat? They have seats upstairs too if you can’t find any on this level.”

 

Sehun managed a find a private corner where he and Lu Han could talk. Lu Han came over a few minutes later with a tray of drinks and cakes.

 

Lu Han placed a tall glass with light brownish looking liquid in front of Sehun. “I hope you like this. It’s hojicha. It’s actually roasted green tea. I ordered the ice-blended version for you.”

 

Lu Han then placed his cup of cappuccino in front of himself as Sehun took a sip of his tea.

 

“It’s really good and refreshing. It has a nutty flavour. It reminds me of bubble tea. Ah. I’m so happy,” he beamed contentedly and excitedly.

 

Lu Han smiled as he made a mental note of how child-like Sehun was.

 

“Let’s not neglect the pastries,” Lu Han said as he passed a small fork over to Sehun.

 

“What are these?”

 

“This is the Mont Blanc. It is made up of chestnut puree. This is the lemon tart and the other is the sacher torte. If you like chocolate, this is for you,” Lu Han said.

 

“Could I have the sacher torte, please?” Sehun asked as his eyes lit up like a puppy.

 

Lu Han nodded. “You can try the others as well.”

 

“Thank you,” Sehun said as he took a bite of the cake. “It’s so rich.”

 

Suddenly, Sehun felt a little guilty looking at the pastries and drink which Lu Han had bought. “Sorry for making you spend so much money. I hope you don’t have to end up eating instant ramen because of this treat.”

 

And Sehun felt surprised at what he had just said.

 

Me? Oh Sehun, feeling guilty that a guy is spending money on you? How could that be? It’s not possible. Snap out of it. It’s natural for someone older to spend money on someone younger.

 

Lu Han chuckled, “Well, how do you know I like to eat instant ramen? Looks like I have an excuse to have instant ramen for my meals the entire week.”

 

Sehun glanced up looking horrified. He reached into his pocket and took his wallet out, “Let me pay for half of this at least.”

 

Lu Han reached out and closed Sehun’s wallet. “I said I would pay for it. Don’t worry about me.”

 

“But you have to eat ramen…”

 

“I said I want to give you a treat as a form of apology. I nearly made you lose your job.”

 

It was Sehun’s turn to break out into a laugh. “So you admit that you’re wrong about the whole incident. Well, no worries. I wouldn’t lose my job.”

 

“No offence, but your attitude was really that bad that night. Are you like that to all customers?”

 

“No,” Sehun said.

 

“But you did get a scolding because of me, right?” Lu Han asked.

 

“It’s not a big issue. Anyway I won’t lose my job that easily. The owners won’t throw me out.”

 

“Why are you so certain?”

 

“Because I live there,” Sehun replied.

 

“Live there? You live in the club? Don’t you have a home to go to?” Lu Han’s eyes widened. 

 

“My home is upstairs. I live upstairs with the other guys you had seen on your second visit. Joon-myun hyung, known as Suho to you, Baekhyun hyung, Chanyeol hyung…”

 

“Oh!” 

 

“Some of us have been abandoned by our families. Some of us left our homes. So Heaven is like a refuge, a home to us,” Sehun said.

 

“So did you run away or were you abandoned?”

 

“Neither,” Sehun replied as he took another sip of tea and bit of his cake. “My parents don’t know what I’m doing and that I’m putting up there.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well guys here's the update. Sorry for keeping everyone waiting. I hope you enjoyed this update. My next update will be a bit longer as I'm off to Bangkok for a few days - basically to catch the M Countdown One Asia Tour in Bangkok. So I'll be doing some other things like shopping as well I guess. 

I would say the beginning of the chapter is pretty intense. Can anyone guess what went on between Kyungsoo and Jino/Jinho.

Did you like the little KaiSoo moment I threw in there? 

And HunHan finally meet again. I wonder if Sehun would slowly melt because of Lu Han. 

Stay tune for updates. Please remember to leave me your comments and subscribe to the fic if you have yet to do so.

Thanks.

 

Do check out  and comment on my other fan fics if you have not already done so.

My other fan fics

KyuMin: Almost a love story

KyuMin: 60 Days 

It's You (너라고) Neorago (a YeWook fan-fic)