Delusion and Rejection

Heaven's Boys

 

Kyungsoo had just finished his bath and was now lathering his face with a cleansing scrub. As he washed the remaining foam off his visage and patted it with a dry towel, he stared into his reflection in the mirror.

 

Kyungsoo really hated what he saw. He looked rather pale and haggard. There was a small pimple appearing on his left cheek. His eyes were listless and soulless. There were dark rings around his eyes. He sighed as he reached for some toner to apply on his face. He then slapped a thin layer of BB Cream on his face to try to mask the horrible condition of his face.

 

He reached for the gel and began to style his hair.

 

“You’re ugly, don’t you know that,” a chilling voice said.

 

Just then the reflection in the mirror changed to that of another boy smiling menacingly.

 

“Jino!” Kyungsoo exclaimed as he stumbled backwards in shock and fell onto the floor.

 

Meanwhile, outside the bathroom, a certain tall giant was crossing his legs and banging on the door urgently as though his life depended on it.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah, are you done? You’ve been in there for ages. Are you going to come out? Quick! I need to pee. My bladder is going to explode!” Chanyeol shouted as he continued pounding on the door.

 

“Do Kyungsoo!” Chanyeol shouted.

 

“Hyung, what’s going on?” Jongin asked when he noticed the commotion that Chanyeol was making.

 

“It’s Kyungsoo. He’s been hogging the toilet and bathroom for ages,” Chanyeol complained with a scrunched up face.

 

“He’ll probably be out soon,” Jongin said.

 

“But he’s not even responding. He’s also taking longer than usual,” Chanyeol said.

 

“What?” Jongin exclaimed.

 

Jongin suddenly remembered what had happened to Kyungsoo a few nights ago and he started to worry. He frantically banged on the toilet door. “Hyung! It’s Kai. Are you okay? Open up! Don’t do anything foolish!”

 

“Ya! Kai. What’s going on here?” Chanyeol demanded as he sensed the panic in Jongin.

 

“It’s not the time to explain. Chanyeol hyung, can you please get Joon-myun hyung here?” Jongin requested.

 

Chanyeol stood dumbfounded until Jongin ordered, “Now!”

 

As Chanyeol sprinted off to get Joon-myun, Jongin continued to knock on the bathroom door pleading for Kyungsoo to come out and not do anything foolish.

 

“You’re…not…real…” Kyungsoo stuttered.

 

He closed his eyes and chanted. “This is all my imagination. This isn’t real. This is all my imagination. This isn’t real.”

 

“I’m as real as you are,” the voice said threateningly.

 

“I don’t believe you!” Kyungsoo shouted and he reached for the nearest item and hurled it at the mirror shattering the glass and causing the bits to fall over the floor.

 

Jongin only hammered on the door harder when he heard Kyungsoo shout and the breaking of glass. He was really fearful. “Hyung. Can you hear me? Can you open up? Don’t frighten me. Please don’t do anything foolish.”

 

“You’re not Jino!” Kyungsoo shouted with a slight quiver in his voice. “He’s already dead. Jino loved me. If you’re him, you wouldn’t do this to me.”

 

“I’m Jino. I’m the Jino which you loved Kyungsoo-ah. Have you forgotten that you used to cook for me? Have you forgotten that challenged each other at singing competitions?” the figure continued to say in a chilling and hostile tone.

 

Kyungsoo peeked at the glass shards on the floor. All the shards seemed to have the reflection of Jino in it.

 

“I’m the Jino which you killed. I’m the Jino who died because of you. I told you that we shouldn’t go to the beach. I warned you about the strong waves, but you insisted on swimming. It’s you Do Kyungsoo! If you weren’t about to be drowned, I wouldn’t have waded in to the waters and lose my life as a resort. You killed me Do Kyungsoo! Because of your childishness,” the voice said resentfully and accusingly.

 

“I was wrong. I was wrong,” Kyungsoo broke down and sobbed. “I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s too late to say sorry,” the voice reprimanded.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry.”

 

“You didn’t even visit me this year. You want to forget me and move on with that person named Kai right? And to think I love you so much that I gave my life up for you.”

 

“No…! I love you. I still love you.”

 

“Liar!” the voice bellowed. “Didn’t your heart go thumping when he kissed you on your forehead that night?”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“You’re mine Do Kyungsoo. No one can take me from you. I’m going to kill Kai!” the voice threatened.

 

“No…! Please don’t. I beg of you. Kai is innocent. It’s my fault. I’ll do anything as long as you don’t hurt Kai,” Kyungsoo begged in between sobs. “I’ll visit you tomorrow. I promise I won’t forget you. I’ll love only you.”

 

“It’s not enough.”

 

“Then what do you want me to do?’

 

“You know it well what I want,” the voice said chillingly.

 

Tears flowed down Kyungsoo’s eyes and face. “That’s right. I owe you…I guess this is it…”

 

Kyungsoo smiled. “A life for a life.”

 

Joon-myun was now standing outside the toilet. He grabbed Jongin by his t-shirt and thundered as he face contorted with rage. “Why did you tell me now? Didn’t I tell you to inform me if Kyungsoo was starting to act up? You bastard! Now you’re telling me that Kyungsoo is in there and might hurt himself.”

 

Joon-myun wanted to punch Jongin but thought the better of it. He loosened his grip on Jongin’s clothing and pushed Jongin to the floor and started to pound on the door. But getting no reply from Kyungsoo, Joon-myun shouted angrily at Jongin, “Why are you still on the ground? Help me break the door down you idiot.”

 

Both Joon-myun and Jongin slammed their bodies on the toilet door repeatedly until the lock finally broke and the door flung open. They were horrified at what they were about to witness.

 

“Hyung…!”

 

“Kyungsoo-ah…!”

 

With a glass shard on his hand, Kyungsoo had started to slit his wrist. “Jino, I’ll join you soon. It will all end soon. I love you. Promise me that you won’t hurt Kai or anyone else.”

 

“Do Kyungsoo!” Joon-myun cried out once again as a tear fell from his eyes. Joon-myun’s shout caused Kyungsoo to pause from what he had been doing to look sadly at Joon-myun.

 

Ignoring Jongin’s warnings, and without any regards to his own safety of getting cut by the glass on the floor, Joon-myun raced towards Kyungsoo. Although his leg was cut by the glass fragments causing him to wince in pain, he continued towards Kyungsoo, bent down and wrestled the glass from Kyungsoo, cutting his finger in the process.

 

Joon-myun took the glass and flung it aside as he cuddled Kyungsoo and burst out into a loud cry. “Do Kyungsoo, what do you think you’re doing?”

 

Kyungsoo trashed about in Joon-myun’s embrace. “I’m sorry. Please let me die. I need to die to atone for my sins. If I don’t die, Jino would go after Kai. Please let me die.”

 

Kyungsoo tried to reach for another piece of glass but Joon-myun only hugged Kyungsoo tighter.

 

“Kai? What do you mean by Jino would go after Kai?” Joon-myun asked.

 

“Jino is jealous of Kai. He thinks that I like Kai. He said that he would harm Kai if I don’t die.”

 

“There’s no Jino. He’s already dead!” Joon-myun exclaimed.

 

“I caused his death. Please hyung, let me die. Let me do this. Otherwise, I won’t be able to be at peace,” Kyungsoo pleaded.

 

“I’m not letting you die. I’m not going to lose you Do Kyungsoo. What will happen to me if you die Do Kyungsoo?” Joon-myun shouted as his tears fell onto Kyungsoo.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah, I love you. Can’t you see that? Can’t you feel my love? Jino is already dead. But I’m here, Kyungsoo-ah. And I love you. Can’t you see me? Can’t you see my heart? I’m sorry for saying this to you only now. I should have told you earlier. I shouldn’t have let this go out of control. I’m sorry Kyungsoo,” Joon-myun confessed. “Please let me love you and take care of you.”

 

Jongin, Chanyeol and Sehun who latter gathered outside heard Joon-myun’s confession. A tear fell from Jongin’s eyes. He was burning up inside at Joon-myun’s words.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah,” Joon-myun pleaded, “Look at me. Please look at me. Please look this way. Please see my heart. Please accept me.”

 

Joon-myun then tightened his grip on Kyungsoo and pressed his lips on Kyungsoo's lips. Startled, Kyungsoo only shoved Joon-myun from their embrace as he shook his head vigorously. Reeling from Joon-myun's gesture, Kyungsoo shouted, “I can't! I can’t accept you!”

 

By now, Joon-myun was a complete mess. “Why? Am I not good enough for you? Is it because of my past?”

 

“It’s not you, hyung. It’s me. I’m not good enough for you. You’ve been so gentle, patient and loving towards me but I can’t reciprocate the same way. You’re just a hyung to me,” Kyungsoo who was still feeling shaken explained in one breath. 

 

“Besides I don’t want to hurt you. I’ve already caused the death of Jino. I don’t deserve love. I’m sorry hyung.” Kyungsoo said dejectedly as he stood up, and walked past Joon-myun as blood continued to ooze out from his wound.

 

Joon-myun grabbed Kyungsoo again and shot Kyungsoo a pleading and hopeful look, “Please just give me one chance. Just this once. Please, just this once. Can’t you feel my heart?”

 

“I can feel your heart. But I can’t be your boyfriend. I like you hyung. But I don’t want to hurt you. I still love Jino.”

 

“Jino or Kai?” Joon-myun asked.

 

Both Kyungsoo and Jongin who were standing outside the bathroom froze at Joon-myun's question. But Kyungsoo did not say anything more and brushed Joon-myun aside and left the bathroom without stopping to take one look at the three boys gathered outside.

 

“Kai,” Chanyeol whispered.

 

“What?” Jongin asked. He was still in a daze over what had just transpired.

 

“Go after Kyungsoo. His wound is bleeding. Go tend to him,” Chanyeol ordered.

 

“But what about Joon-myun hyung?” Jongin asked.

 

“We’ll see to it,” Chanyeol said as he looked at Sehun who nodded his head agreement.

 

“In that case…” Jongin then chased after Kyungsoo.

 

“Sehun, will you get something to tidy the glass up?”

 

Sehun nodded and headed off to get a broom and dustpan.

 

Chanyeol then traipsed carefully within the bathroom. He opened a cabinet to take out a smaller first aid kit. He crouched down beside Joon-myun who was still crying. He put his arm on Joon-myun’s shoulder as he opened the box with his other hand.

 

“Hyung, you’re injured. Come let me dress the wound for you,” Chanyeol gently offered as he took a cotton ball to dab Joon-myun cut. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think about this chapter? Like it? Hate it? This is such a dramatic chapter, isn't it? 

So Kyungsoo attempted suicide, Joon-myun confessed but got harshly rejected. Didn't your heart break for these two characters?

I wonder what this means for Kai, Joon-myun and Kyungsoo in the future. Would it lead to more conflict? Will it ever be resolved? 

Please be generous with your comments. And if you like this story, please remember to subscribe. See you then, until the next update. 

 

Do check out  and comment on my other fan fics if you have not already done so.

My other fan fics

KyuMin: Almost a love story

KyuMin: 60 Days 

It's You (너라고) Neorago (a YeWook fan-fic)