Chapter 10

You And I 2

 

Time- 10:20PM, 280111
---


The first thing I did when I realised I was awake was to strain my closed eyes and exhaled heavily as I could still feel the discomfort in my stomach. I began to sigh and frown as my eyes slowly flapped opened weakly. I saw the white ceiling and I knew where I was. Looking ahead was the window. I closed my eyes again, feeling weak. I heard the door opened after a while and opened my eyes with difficulties again.

"Unnie..." I whispered, watching Jin Hye bringing a flask in.

"You're awake?" Her eyes enlarged in anxiety and paced quickly to me, placing the flask on the side table. "How are you feeling?" She asked, looking worried. She bent down to the bed a little as she grabbed my hand. I smiled faintly.

"I'm fine..." My voice still weak and soft. "Don't worry." I heard her sighed and she sat on the chair next to me.

"What happened to me?" I asked, knowing something was wrong since I vomited. When I saw myself pouring out white foam, I knew this was serious. She looked at me and I can't make up the expression on her face.

"You are poisoned..." She said softly, her tone somewhat feeling sorry for me.

"I guess correctly..." I gave a bitter smile as I looked away. I was told that usually people would vomit white foam when they were poisoned. I guess it was some extreme anti-fans' doings.

"Jung ah. Don't think about other things. Just concentrate on recovering, alright?" Jin Hye spoke, knowing that I was once again, upset about fans hating me so much.

"Okay..." I said, almost inaudible. My heart ached for something that I couldn't control. This fact made myself even sadder, making myself sighed.

Everything lightened when Jin Hye changed the topic. She was saying how well developed Singapore was. There was a short silence when we 'ran out' of what to say. Then she started to speak again.

"Yah, I'm so envious." I turned to her and looked at her wonderingly.

"What? You wanna try lying here too?" I joked, as though she was envious of me being able to lie on a well developed hospital's bed.

"You can even joke now. You look like you are really fine." She said and then rolled her eyes. "And why would I want to lie on a sick bed?" She asked in disbelief.

"I'm just joking..." I smiled. "So what is it about me that made my beloved Jin Hye unnie to be envious? You don't easily get envious..." I said, looking at her, curious to know what was in her head.

"I'm referring to Seung Hyun." My eyes showed curiosity. "Don't say that he always bullies you anymore. He is just so caring." I used to say Seung Hyun bullies me as he doesn't want to give in to me when we are bickering. He always wants to win.

"Huh?" Did something happened when I was unconscious?

"I withnessed him showing his love for you. So be satisfied already." Jin Hye said.

"What is it?" I asked and this was what she said.


I was in the state of unconsciousness when Seung Hyun came to visit. He slid the door opened impatiently and rushed to my bedside. The room was empty and Jin Hye was in the toilet. She heard noise and poked her head out of the toilet. Knowing it was Seung Hyun, she let her guard down and went back to dry her face. As she was about to head out, wanting to greet Seung Hyun, she decided to stop and watch from the toilet. Seung Hyun reached for my cheek and held it, watching my pale face. Even though all Jin Hye could see was Seung Hyun's back, she could imagine Seung Hyun's facial expressions. He then slowly bent down more, his forehead placed lightly on mine and Jin Hye could hear him sighed. A sigh filled with heartaches, she said. He even rubbed his nose gently on mine and caressed my left eyelid. He slowly pulled away and reached for my hand, looking at me as he sat down on the chair. He just watched me, holding my hand in between both of his and placed it against his lips. Knowing the 'show' had ended, Jin Hye smiled a little as she stepped out.

"Seung Hyun- ssi." She called. He turned back, slightly taken aback that someone was in the room. He let go of my hand and stood up, greeting Jin Hye as he bowed.

"Is my presence making you uncomfortable?" She asked, noticing Seung Hyun just standing there, not knowing what to do as his eyes wandered around.

"No. It's not that case." He said, his hands stretched infront of him a bit, waving.

"Please sit." She offered and sat down on the couch behind the chair Seung Hyun was about to sit. He bowed and sat down, turning to me. Silence...

"I saw the performance. It's great." Jin Hye said, smiling. He turned and smiled back.

"Thank you."

"Don't worry too much, she's fine." She said again, watching his back as he continued to stare at me.

"What happened to her?" He turned and asked. Jin Hye looked away, not knowing if she should tell him. "Can you please tell me?" He 'pleaded' when she saw her hesitating. He just looked so worried so she told him. His eyes widened in surprise at the news.

"You said she's poisoned? Deliberately?"

"Substances that are usually found in washing powder and detergent were found in her stomach..." She told him. Seung Hyun just looked away, like he had probably guessed who had done it. His eyes changed, sighing with a tinge of anger.

"The amount that she consumed was quite huge and she has to be sent for some treatment to remove the substance." Jin Hye further revealed. He just nodded slowly and turned back to me, reaching for my hands again. He stayed with me for about an hour before he received a phone call. He excused himself to pick up the phone near the door and Jin Hye heard what he said.

"I'm staying with her." He decided with a firm voice. The person on the the other line seemed to be insisting that he returned.

"She is terribly sick and I'm going to be with her. Everything else can wait." He wasn't raising his voice or something. Just sounding a little frustrated that that person couldn't even give in to his little request. When he ended the call and came back, Jin Hye spoke up.

"Go if you have something on."

"It's not urgent." He said, emotionlessly.

"Jung wouldn't like it if you put your schedules to a halt because of her." He turned back, looking at her. "Go. I will tell her that you had came when she woke up." She smiled. Seung Hyun was stuck in the middle, not knowing whether to stay or not. He knew well that when it was time for him to leave, he had to leave. But he can't bear to, since I was in this state. He thought for a while and stood up.

"I'm sorry that I have to leave now. I will come again tomorrow." He said, bowing.

"Becareful on the way." Jin Hye smiled and he held my cheek again, staring at me for a moment before letting go. He bowed again before leaving the door.


I was smiling, My mood lightened when I knew that Seung Hyun actually did that to me.

"You're so blessed." Jin Hye said as she eyed me in jealousy.

"Yes." I smiled happily and looked down.

"Anyway, you will be having a treatment." She reminded.

"What is the treatment all about?" I asked.

"To wash your stomach." My eyes widened.

"Huh? Wash?! How?"

"Insert a tube into your mouth, I guess..." My eyes widened more.

"Huh?! It's painful! No!" Just at the thought of it gave me frights.

"Then the toxic will stay in you. Why do you want those inside you?"

"I don't want...!" I whined.

"Don't add on to my stress by doing that. Go whine infront of Seung Hyun...!"

"Unnie..." I continued my whines.

"Of course you have to undergo the treatment. What do you mean by you don't want?" Her eyes narrowed, 'coaxing' me. I pouted, a part of me freaking out as I thought of the pain.

 

Seung Hyun did not come and it was time for me to enter the operation theatre for all the stuff. I was pushed on the roller bed to the theatre.

"We will wait for you outside." Jin Hye and Yoo Hyun were there and I nodded, smiling faintly. The door closed and I was alone with those doctors and nurses.

"How will this treatment goes?" I asked, when we were on the way in.

"A tube will be inserted into your mouth, through your gullet and medication would be poured through the tube to your stomach to cleanse it." The male doctor smiled. How can he still smile? God...

"It's painful, right?" I asked, frowning with fear.

"Don't worry, we will give you a jab before starting." He assured. I know a jab would confirm be given. What I mean was the pain I had to endure when I wake up...! I just nodded and soon, we were inside this scary place. Sound of the tools hitting each other could be heard as they prepared the neccerssary. I saw a nurse held up a springe and came closer to me. I closed my eyes and waited for the needle to poke into me. Trust me, I could even cry because of a jab. I was this afriad of pain. The effect was quick. Before they finished perparing, I had already went to sleep again...

 


I felt sore in my throat and my eyes struggled to open.

"Are you awake?" I heard someone said when my eyes were half opened. I turned to where the voice came from and saw a blur man, looking down at me. I smiled when my vision became clear as Seung Hyun came to view. I pushed myself to sit up and he helped me. My hand was held by him and my free hand immediately reached for my throat, pressing lightly on the sore area. He stood up and got me a glass of water and placed it on my lips, tilting the glass up slowly as I drink.

"Thank you." I whispered, can't speak any louder as it really hurts. That was my maximum volume already.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asked, bending down to have a better view of my face. I nodded and managed to smile.

"Sit." I said, motioning to the chair. He sat down, his hand still holding onto mine. He just stared at me and I can see that he was really worried sick.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You gave a shock of my life." He said plainly.

"It's not that I want it." I choked a little at the pain as I unconsciously spoke a little louder as to defend myself.

"Are you okay?" He stood up again, reaching for my shoulder. "Where does it hurts?" My hand on my neck as I tried to sooth the pain by rubbing the area in a downwards motion. My head bowed a little as I frowned, bearing the sore. He seemed to understand and took over, rubbing the area like how I did.

"You don't have to be this worried. I'm fine already." I said with difficulties when the pain subsided a little.

"You're okay when you can't even talk properly?" His eyes narrowed, his tone a little high.

"Why are you angry?" I asked, even though I knew that he was just worried.

"How can that person fool around with one's life?" He was upset with 'that' person.

"Oppa, I'm fine..." He just looked at me, sighing. Reaching for my cheek, he caressed it as he looked at it intently.

"I'm sorry..." He whispered. "You shouldn't be going through all this." I understood what he meant. I wasn't hundred percent sure but the anti-fan of mine may be a fan of his. He was apologising on behalf of that particular fan.

"It's not your fault..." I said. What had he done wrong?

"Still, I'm sorry..." He sat beside me on the bed and rubbed my left eyelid gently before kissing it. I smiled, my eyes closed. When I opened my eyes, my chin was lifted and saw him inching nearer to me. My eyes gradually closed again when our lips were about to meet. I exhaled in contentment as I sat still. His hand went to the side of my neck and held it so lightly as though it would break if he exerted the least pressure. His other hand went across my back, supporting me. He moved his lips softly. I couldn't even response enthuasiscally due to the pain. A little movement would already kill me, let alone a hot kiss. Fortunately, he understood and went slow.
-

My eyes slowly opened to see him when he pulled away.

"Thank god you're fine..." He whispered, his thumb caressing my cheek as I smiled warmly. He captured my lips again, moving his lips a little faster this time. I caught up with him and gasped a teeny weeny bit when the pain suddenly struck me. I had forgotten about the sore in my throat...! I did not pull away, just continue to kiss him, the pace decreased a bit. I felt his hand on my neck moved to where my throat was and stopped. I was thinking what the hell was he doing, but he started to the area downwards, soothing the pain I was feeling. I was so taken aback by his thoughtfulness. I was also so touched that I stopped kissing without me knowing, my eyes already opened, staring at him. I always knew he was thoughtful, caring and nice to me, but never had I expected him to do this, to even thought of this. His eyes flapped opened slowly, noticed me not participating. Our eyes locked and I could feel him smile against my lips and closed his eyes again. His speed went down, probably thinking I was in pain as he continued to sooth the pain he thought I was having. I practically felt myself got weak at his tender touch. My breath got heavy even though we were not having an intense moment. Hell, my heart raced so rapidly again...! My hands went to his waist, gripping on his shirt for support, feeling myself becoming jelly. My eyes closed as I returned the kiss, falling deeper into the bliss that surrounded me, us. I forgot about the whatever pain that stuck in my throat that I was able to catch up with him as our speed got faster. How long had we been kissing? I don't know. I wasn't going to stop anyway even though I was starting to get breathless but Seung Hyun's lips stopped out of a sudden. I don't know what happened so I opened my eyes and almost the same moment, his lips left mine and heard footsteps nearing.

"Really? Then pigs can fly." I heard Yoo hyun's voice. Seung Hyun's face was still closed to mine and we literally froze, staring into each others' eyes. I eyed to the side, looking over his shoulder and again, almost immediately, the voices faded as they just saw us.

"Opps..." Jin Hye whispered awkwardly as Yoo Hyun just stared at us, somehow surprised.

"We are sorry..." Yoo Hyun uttered, feeling awkward as well. Well, who could be more awkward than us? We were so awkward plus so embarassed.

"Please don't be. We should be sorry..." Seung Hyun stood up. What the hell was this kind of situation? My gosh...

"Oppa, what is that in your hands?" I asked, smiling nervously as I tried to change the subject. I motioned to the plastic carrier he was holding which looked like food.

"Oh, this?" He held it up. "Lunch." He smiled as he made to way to me. Seung Hyun looked down at me and I happened to look up. He smiled and looked away.

"Eh~ Relax... It's not like we don't know you guys do such things. Don't be so tensed." Jin Hye said, trying to lighten up the mood when she noticed us stoning with nervousness. The mood was starting to get fine as Yoo Hyun began to set the food but with her saying that, it only got us more embarassed. Even Yoo Hyun's chuckles were so fake and full of awkwardness.

"Yeah. We know how close you two are so..." I closed my eyes and sighed in embarassment, my lips slight curved upwards.

"Alright, alright... Start eating, people... You can continue all night when we were gone." Jin Hye said, handing Seung Hyun a box. Our eyes went big as we stared at her.

"Huh?!" Seung Hyun and I got a shock and exclaimed together. The way Jin Hye said it really made me want to disappear into thin air. I glanced up at Seung Hyun and he was combing the hair at his side, looking down.

"I was trying to make the situation better. It would be fine when you just laughed it off. It's true the two of you are kissing, so why be this shocked?"

"Unnie!" I called, trying to stop her. The way of her solving things like these is a little weird and I don't seem to be use to her unique method.

"I'm just joking..." She said, looking at me. "Have a great time eating." She said to all and brought the box in her hands to the couch, and to eat as though nothing happened.

"Happy eating." Yoo Hyun said and went to the couch beside her, and started to eat as well. Seung Hyun and I just glanced at each other before looking away.

"Thank you for the food. I will enjoy it." Seung Hyun said before eating.

--

As I was on drip, I can't take any food. I pouted as I looked at them eat and turned away. I also want to eat! Well, I was just thinking it this way, but I wasn't hungry or I was like craving for food.

"Sorry, you don't have any." Jin Hye smiled, seeing me pouted. What was there to smile?! Teasing me again!

"No... Nevermind..." I muttered. What trouble I had got into myself that I can't even eat...?

"Jung ah?" I turned to Seung Hyun when he called me. "What's wrong?" He asked, noticing me 'sulking'.

"Nothing..." I smiled and shook my head lightly. Then I heard someone coughed a laughter.

"See, this is the difference..." Yoo Hyun said to Jin Hye. I looked at them wonderingly. They eyed me.

"There's nothing we could do. We aren't Seung Hyun..." Jin Hye said, feeding herself again.

"We knew her longer and yet the difference is so huge..." Yoo Hyun said, shaking his head lightly. I got what they were saying already. Just because I reponded to them with a sad face and responded to Seung Hyun with a 'super' smiley face, they got jealous!

"Oppa!" I called and glanced at Seung Hyun. Oh my... They should stop already! Stop teasing us! The two of them just ignored me and when I looked up at Seung Hyun again, he had a curious and lost look. I smiled to him and shrugged, avoiding.

I was sitting on the bed, my legs dangling as I watched Seung Hyun talked on the phone, facing the window. When he turned back and walked to me, I smiled. I was getting late and I knew Big Bang had some schedules on.

"Didn't you have things on? Go on. You can't be late." He looked away, obviously in a dilemma.

"You spend enough time here already. You can't keep the others waiting." I urged him to leave. It was not like I can't understand. I'm working in this field too, of course I know what it is like to be in this industry.

"Would you be okay here?" He looked down at me, his eyes soft and filled with certain worries.

"Of course. What are you talking about...? I'm really fine already, oppa."

"I will come again." I nodded. He squatted infront of me, looking into my eyes.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't accompany you even when you are sick."

"Eh~ What's there to be sorry about? Of course, I can understand..." I smiled and reached for his cheek, cupping it. "You have to go when it is time." He stood up, making my hand dropped and embraced me, pushing my head lightly to his torso. I wrapped my arms around his waist and turned to press my cheek on him.

"You already did your part by visiting already and I knew it by heart. It's enough already." I whispered. He slowly pulled back and bent down to me. He smiled, rubbing the tip of my nose with his thumb.

"You are such a dear..." I smiled like a kid at his words. I thought I was floating in air. Why my heart flutters so easily? This isn't a good sign... Haha!

"What time must you reach there? It's already 6PM." I said, glancing at my watch on the sidetable.

"About 8PM." My eyes enlarged.

"Faster leave. You still have to prepare...!" I pushed him off, more anxious than him. He chuckled.

"Maybe you can be my manager. You make a good one."

"I don't want. I want to be a singer." I replied. It was my dream, you see.

"Who doesn't know your passion and determination for singing?" He talked back, picking up his bag. Then, he turned and came to me.

"I'm leaving." He held the side of my head with one hand. "I will call you again." I smiled and nodded.

"Takecare and fighting." He nodded and headed for the door. I watched him and he left after turning back one last time before the door slid closed.
---

Okay, you see... Staying in the hosiptal, locking yourself up in a ward is really this boring and time-wasting. Guess what am I doing now. You couldn't even guess that. I'm actually counting how many breaths I took it. Sound like I'm about to die right? Haha. Anyway... It was 1PM and I woke up for quite a while already. I wasn't expecting anyone except for both my managers who went to have a break out in the garden or something. Yoo Hyun actually smokes. It wasn't long after I gave up my silly mind to count the whatever oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen and such that I took in. I looked up when I heard a knock.

"Mummy..." I called, eyes wide opened with surprise.

"Hey..." She tried to smile but I knew she wasn't feeling good about me lying here. My aunt appeared beside my mum. Not the one that came to Korea a few months back. This aunt doesn't really have good impression of me. She is my first aunt actually. The one who came to visit is my second aunt.

"Hello, aunt." I still called and smiled. Well, she doesn't like me, I don't like her too... She smiled back.

"How are you?" She asked. 

"I'm fine already. Don't worry." I smiled.

"You're even on drip..." My mum came to sit on the side of the bed and looked at the bottle of liquid dripping into me.

"What exactly happened? I heard you're poisoned." My mum added.

"Just... It just turned out like this." I smiled and shrugged.

"The fans?" She asked, looking at me.

"Mummy, it's really nothing. My agency is looking into it already." I said, even though I don't know if my agency had taken any actions. My managers just told me not to worry and they would take care of everything. I don't want my family members to worry about such things. I know what to do with such situations. She just sighed and reached for my cheek.

"Are you sure? You look so weak..." I reached for her hand on my face and held it, smiled as I nodded. We were interrupted by another knock and a doctor with a nurse came in.

"Miss Lee, how are you?" The doctor and nurse smiled to my mum and aunt and then turned to me, smiling.

"Good. Thank you." I smiled as he came to me. My mum stood up and stepped aside.

"You look more radiant." He smiled and checked on my pulse.

"Really? Does that mean I can discharge soon?" I looked up him as he plucked out the needle and changed the drip.

"Maybe another day or so." He looked up me, looking fiendly. I just smiled. I had always mentioned about the date of my discharged and he knew how much I wanted to leave. He took over the fresh drip from the nurse and I looked away, as he poked the needle into my flesh. I gasped softly as the cold metal entered my vein.

"Everything is good." He said as he updated the form that was stuck at the wall behind the headboard. "Rest well." He smiled to me again after placing the form back in place.

"Yes. Thank you." I thanked and they went off. My mum came to me and smiled.

"So returning back to Korea after you discharged?" I nodded.

"Yeah."

"Shouldn't you rest?"

"I'm resting already. See, I'm wasting time here." I smiled. I knew she doesn't like the amount of workload I had to manage, but there wasn't anything I could do about it.

"Knowing you, you would start working the moment you step on Korea..." My mum said.

"Yeah, you should rest. Look at you..." My aunt narrowed her eyes. She was worried. Although she doesn't really like the fact that I ran away from home just to pursue a 'stupid' and 'unrealistic' dream, which they used to consider my big dream as, she is my aunt afterall and maybe just a little tinge, she still does worries for me. But sometimes, I really can't stand her sarcasm, that's when I rebel.

"I would take care of myself more. I promise." I assured, smiling. "Oh ya, don't tell granny and grandpa, okay?" I suddenly thought of my favourite grandparents.

"I don't know. If they asked, I'm not going to lie." My mum said and I pouted. My grandparents get worried much more easier than my mum. They really dote on me, which really made my heartache to see them worry or sad, especially when it is to me. Just like this, we chatted and they stayed till about 8PM before going back. My aunt left earlier than my mum though, since she still had something else at home. They met my managers when my managers came back from their break.

"Your mum seems nice." Jin Hye said as she sat at the couch at the side.

"My mum is nice." I replied matter-of-a-factly, looking at her. She chuckled, nodding.

"Unnie," I called, suddenly thought of something important. She turned to me.

"Hm?"

"Are my schedules cancelled?" Yes, this is important. I knew the news must have broke out to the public, saying I was poisoned and stuff. But, I really have many things to do. Promotions, commercial films, recordings of variety programmes, practising, the duet that Ji Yong and I are supposed to do, the songs that I have to record for my upcoming album and one thing, the goods that would be arriving next week at my fashion outlet. I really don't have time...!

"It's not cancelled. Just postponed." She said.

"Oh my goodness..." I held my forehead as my eyes closed.

"You can do all you want when you recovered." Yoo Hyun said and Jin Hye nodded, agreeing with him. I was starting to get stressed already. Postponed? Then the workload would increase and better still, lesser time for me to complete them. Just great, hell great! I kept quiet. Then, my phone rang.

"Hello?" I said in English, knowing who the caller was.

"Oh my god! Yi Ting?!" The person shrieked in Chinese as though she never heard my voice before.

"Hey, Stella." I smiled, looking down at my lap.

"Where are you!" She asked in a loud voice.

"Gosh, lower your volume please..." I distanced the phone away from my ear, narrowing my eyebrows.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry..." She calmed down before speaking again. "So where are you? I heard that you are poisoned. Hell!" I chuckled, hearing her cursed.

"Where else? The hospital, of course." I said.

"Which hospital?"

"You're coming?"

"Of course! You're poisoned!" She shrieked again.

"Okay... Speak softer. You are telling the whole world that I'm poisoned."

"Which hospital are you at? The girls would be coming too..."

"Mount Alvernia." I told her.

"Coming soon." She said and just hanged up the call. I looked at the phone like, what-the-hell before shaking my head lightly and placed my phone on the side table.

"My friends are coming later." I turned to my managers and told them. They nodded.

"I guess you are just as busy even though you are resting." Yoo Hyun said, smiling.

"Of course." I said, smiling back proudly. "I'm popular among friends too..." He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah."

Soon, that bunch of friends came. Not even noticing my managers' presence, Stella's eyes widened when she saw me.

"Oh my gosh!" She came to me, looking at the drip then to me. "What happened to you!" I glanced at my managers, which were having a slightly taken aback look.

"It was worse a few days ago." I replied in Chinese.

"Jung Ah, we will take our leave first. Rest early. We would come again tomorrow." Yoo Hyun suddenly stood and spoke. He and Jin Hye bowed to my friends and went off.

"God, I don't even know there's someone else here." Stella said, turning to me.

"That's why. It's embarassing." I said back, eyeing her.

"What?" She retorted. "By the way, did you see them bowing to us?" She turned to my other friends. "It's the first time others actually bowed to me." She said in amazement.

"No, when we were in Korea, those salesgirls bowed to us too..." Vivian said, remembering the trip they spent there. Oh ya, there was another friend who was a part of 'Four-Leaved Clover' too, who is Jane. Not my cousin, Jane. She is my friend. She wasn't able to join my friends for the trip but she made it here to visit this time. The reunion between me and Jane was at the hospital, after 8 years. It was the first time I see her in person after I left Singapore.

"Koreans always bow, right?" Jane asked and I nodded.

"Anyway," Stella, spun back to face me. "We bought fruits here. It seems like you aren't able to eat now, so have them when you can." She placed the basket of fruits down.

"Thank you. Sit." I offered with a smile. And together, we chatted. They were eating the fruits and I was just watching them eat. What did they said? For me? I think all those juicy fruits would be gone by the time they left.

"The guts of that person to touch your drink. Use the same guts to admit it!" Stella raised her voice as she got mad. I just chuckled.

"The organisation should strengthen their security. How could they even let such things happened?" Vivian added.

"Yeah. Fans aren't supposed to enter..." And another added by Jane.

"We can't be hundred percent sure that it's a fan's doings. Maybe a staff, since he or she can enter the backstage so easily." I said calmly.

"God, aren't you angry?" Stella asked, looking at me in disbelief. "I would really make sure that person gulp down the same amount of detergent he gave you if I know who the hell that damn person is."

"Things like these happened. I'm prepared already." I smiled and said, hoping that they wouldn't be that worried.

"You're crazy..." Stella rolled her eyes.

"Oh ya, we had forgotten. You don't worry since you have others to take care of you, huh?" Vivian flashed a playful smile. I looked at her and rolled my eyes.

"Oh ya. I had forgotten about TOP." Stella nodded her head slowly. See, they were teasing me...

"Oh! Would TOP be coming later?" Jane suddenly clasped her hands and her eyes lit up. "He should at least come right?"

"I don't know. It depends." I said. Damn, I forgot that Jane is a super duper huge fan of TOP. Well, not more crazier than me when I was in my trainee's days.

"Shall we stay here tonight? We will just accompany you all night." Jane added.

"What?" I looked at her, trying to surpress myself from smiling but failed. "You mean you are staying here just to see TOP?" She smiled at me like a kid.

"Well, don't be jealous when TOP shows his affections to Yi Ting. I know you won't be able to take it..." Vivian said, teasing Jane.

"You would surely go out of control..." Stella said, eyeing Jane. "God! Are you the one who poisoned our dear friend?!" She suddenly exclaimed, fooling around. Then the three of us started laughing while Jane just retorted, feeling wrong.

"What the hell! Why would I do that!" We just kept laughing.
----

My friends had stayed for like till 11PM before going home since they had work the next day. Jane really wanted to stay here, I can tell. But in the end, she was dragged out by the two of them. The drip was removed. No more needles in me! Yeah! Now, I can also move around without the need to bring the drip around with me. Good. I stared out of the window, staring at the sky. No stars, no moon whatsoever. Just like a piece of dark cloth covering the sky. Time check, 3AM right now. I slept for a few hours before waking up again. Staying in bed really made me feel more sick.

"Hey..." I turned abruptly to the side to see Seung Hyun entering. I relaxed and smiled. He just gave a small fright.

"What are you thinking about?" He didn't even put down his bag and came to me, looking down at me. "You don't even know when I opened the door.

"Nothing much. Just dazing." I replied, still smiling. "Schedules completed?" He nodded.

"Yeah, just ended everything." He smiled and swept my fringe to the side. "How's your day?"

"Great!" I smiled wider. "My mum and aunt came to visit and my friends came after that."

"Hm... Great."

"And, I got the drip removed!" I held up my hand to him, moving it. He chuckled.

"I guess you are able to eat again..." I nodded energetically. He pulled me to the bed, setting me down. He sat on the chair and looked at me.

"What?" I asked, smiling a little.

"Nothing." He said, still staring at me.

"So how's your day?" I asked.

"Torturous." I chuckled softly.

"Then you should go rest. It's okay if you don't drop by." I said, looking at him.

"Then you would be dazing like just now for the whole night..."

"It's good to be able to daze. I don't have many opportunities to do that." I smiled. I won't even have time to sleep, how could I even daze? He just smiled and looked down. I reached for his hand.

"Why? Tired?" He just continued to smile, shaking his head lightly. Liar...

"Do you want coffee?" I asked, standing up. He opened his eyes and looked up at me. "Wanna go to the vending machine?" He said nothing, just stood up and took my hand, heading out.

"What do you want? Coffee too?" He asked when we reached the machine.

"I'm not going to drink coffee anymore..." I chuckled softly, shaking my head. I was poisoned by a bottle of mocha... Let me stay away from coffee for a bit first.

"How about others? Tea?" I shook my head.

"There's nothing else?" I asked for fun, although I saw that there were coke and other soft drinks available. I can't drink them though. He turned back to the machine, staring at it, pretending to look for something else for me.

"Coffee, tea..." He said in English. Then he turned back, flashing me a playful smile. "Or me?" My eyes widened in amazement, laughing again.

"Who taught you that?"

"Ah... Seung Ri was fooling around with this sentence a few days back."

"You guys are really..." I was really dumbfounded.

"So," He started. "Coffee, tea or me?" He switched to English again.

"You." I played along and started giggling.

"I got it." He laughed and pressed the button for ice coffee.

"My drink?" I asked when he got the cup and began sipping it.

"You are really eager to get your drink huh?" He smiled playfully, winking at me. I rolled my eyes, lips slightly curved up.

"Psh..." I looked away.

"Let's go..." He said in a sing-song voice and before I knew it, my hand was pulled by him. The hallway was relatively empty since it was like in the wee hours. He brought me outside where the little garden was. It would be quite a lot of patients here in the day as nurses would bring them out for some fresh air, while for me, it was my first time here. He guided me to sit on a bench and sat down beside me, looking ahead.

"Oppa..." I called, looking up at the sky. He turned to me.

"Hm?"

"When is your flight back to Korea?"

"This morning. 8AM." He said softly, sipping on the coffee.

"Oh..." I smiled, closing my eyes. I guess I have to stay for at least one more day. Who guessed that I would end up here? I was so excited to return here but now...

"I had asked the president. I will be accompanying you back." My head shot to him.

"Huh?"

"Don't worry." He probably knew what was in my mind. "I had asked already."

"Mr Yang agreed?" I asked, shocked at the fact that he actually allowed it. I saw Seung Hyun looking away and immediately knew what was going on.

"You are leaving in the morning." I decided, turning to face the front.

"No, I will stay."

"Don't be childish. Just go." I replied calmly.

"I will return the day you returned. So if you want me to go back, recover fast." He shot back, in a calm manner, looking to the front as well.

"Oppa." I called firmly. "Why are you doing this?" I turned and looked at him.

"I know what I am doing. So stop talking about it." I sighed.

"I know you are worried for me. But you really don't have to. Look. I'm very fine." No way I'm going to allow him to put his schedules on hold because of me. How about the other members? The schedules he had wasn't only his, it concerned Big Bang. He just ignored me and looked away.

"Oppa...!" I called, trying to catch his attention. I took a deep breath before reaching for his hand on his lap. "Oppa, listen to me." I started, watching his reactions. Silence, no reactions.

"We all clearly know that we can't do as we like. Of course I would be glad that you could stay, but it isn't easy, since your scheule is packed. I'm on the same line as you. I can understand. You don't have to be sorry. You didn't owe me anything." I said softly, gently.

"This is what life is for us. Not only think for ourselves, but the fans too. The fans would be disappointed if anything got delayed." Although I don't know what schedules he had, I just wanted to convince him. "And the members. What do you expect them to do without you? It's not like they can just continue with the work. We should not be selfish."

"Why are you always thinking for the fans?" He turned to me abruptly as he shot, his tone a little frustrated. "It is those fans that are highly suspected of poisoning you!"

"Have you ever thought why they would do that?" I asked back. "Isn't it because they idolised you? Even if it's obsessive fan-doings, they did it because they like you." It was true, right? Would you even bother if you don't like that idol?

"You are getting too much... You are even siding the extreme antis of your's." I sighed again.

"What I'm trying to say is, if you think from a different point, it isn't difficult to understand them." He rolled his eyes and turned away. "You shouldn't make such fans wait. In fact, we should not make others wait for us." I looked at him, trying to get him to reconsider about his decision. He must be crazy to even defy Mr Yang. He would get killed. How can he talked as if he was given the permission when he isn't. Facing his silence, I knew he was thinking through. There wasn't anything else he could argue to stay here. He stood up, fishing a box out of his back pocket and pulled out a stick as he walked further away from me. His back faced me and seconds later, a puff of greyish-white smoke appeared, passing his shoulder to my direction. I let him be. From the beginning, we have different opinions. He sees work importantly, but not as important as the person he loves. Yes, he once chose his career over the girl he was dating. But that was also when he started to change his views. Because he gave up a girl that he once loved so much, he regretted and suffered. He doesn't want that to repeat and that is why he now thinks that love is more important than work. As for me, it's the total opposite. It might be quite cruel to hear and people would even misjudge me, but I would still choose work over love. I don't want to say it with my own mouth but... If I really have to choose, I would forgo Seung Hyun. I know you all couldn't understand. I can understand why you think that way. But, you don't know how much I had gone through just to debut. This is something that told me nothing could measure the importance of my career. Nothing. Not even Seung Hyun, not even my family... I love my family, my parents... Seung Hyun. But they wouldn't be an obstacle that block the road in my singing career. I feel that I have to be shot dead to think this way. But still... I can't give up my career, I just can't. And somehow, miraculously, we get along well. In fact, we get along super well. Just a few small arguements here and there but it seldom gets any more serious than this 'arguement'.

I watched how his back heaved upwards as he took an extra deep breath of the cigarette. When he finished, he disposed the bud properly and gulped down the remaining coffee and tossed the cup into the bin. I smiled when he walked back to me.

"Are you ignoring me?" I pouted when he just ignored me. He stared at me for a while before turning away. I have to act cute in this kind of situations.

"Oppa~" I poked his hand. "Why are you ignoring me~?" He stood beside me, glancing down.

"Let's go back up."
-----

I glanced at him as he pulled me back, with me behind. His back had this 'lonely' feeling again. I quickly caught up with him and was beside him, and hugged his arm. I sensed him slowed down and when I glanced up, just like I guessed, he was staring down at me. I smiled like a kid, trying to lighten his mood. He smiled back faintly.

"So you are going boarding the flight later?" I asked when we were back in the ward. I just wanted to know if what I have said so far has gotten into him or not. He turned to me, staring a bit before looking down, as if to think.

"I can understand that I can't let the members wait. But I seriously cannot understand why you said I can't let the fans wait... Really, I couldn't understand." He said, looking up at me again.

"Of course you can't make them wait. Die-hard fans shouldn't wait." He gave me that lost look again.

"What do you mean?"

"Die-hard fans are the one who are supporting you the most. Just like you had said, they can even poison me just because I'm your girlfriend. Hey... Do you know that requires loads of courage?" I asked. "If someone came in between us, I wouldn't dare to poison the girl..." I said, trying to sound as casual as possible, hopefully, he would listen. He looked down, smiling bitterly.

"What else can I say?" He pinched my cheek lightly.

"What am I suppose to do when you are overly considerate? You are at the disadvantage..." He spoke softly, making the gap between us smaller.

"Well, I'm this kind-heartened..." I said proudly, as though this was very normal.

"The level of your consideration just goes overboard. Totally absurd. How can you talk as if you are showing admirations to the fans who have the bravery to poison you?" He asked in disbelief. His eyes slightly narrowed. I pouted.

"Well, it's true that I don't have such guts to spike other people's drink..."

"I'm dumbfounded. Speechless." He rolled his eyes and sat on the couch.

"Oppa~" There I go again with my cute-acting. This really isn't my type but...

"Don't be like this...~ You know I'm like this... There's nothing I can do to change that..." I stood infront of him and he doesn't even glance at me once...!

"Then what do you want me to do?" I pretended to be slightly pissed as he doesn't seem to understand. "I'm born like this...!"

"Do you need me to teach you how to be selfish and to love yourself more?" He looked at me, pretending to be frustrated at me with his starting-to-get-scary stares.

"Fine. Teach me." I challenged, sitting down beside him, eyes fixed on his face. He smirked, then turned to face me.

"You are challenging me huh?"

"I'm not... I just want to see what is there that can change my personalities." I turned away. I was then tugged abruptly on my wrist and I turned back, looking at him.

"I'm serious. If things like this happens again, I'm not taking it easily." His tone serious and it scares me. I don't know he would be this serious and 'mad' at me. My intention was just trying to get him to understand.

"You have to take care of yourself. Just love and treasure yourself more!" I looked down to avoid his eyes. Pouting, I muttered.

"You are here to love me anyway..." I have no idea why, but I just said it. Maybe this concept was 'installed' into my brain as my cousins and friends always say I don't have to worry since Seung Hyun's with me. Silence after that and I can sense his stares staring harder on my head. I peeked up a little through my hair and quickly looked down again. God, his eyes...

"What did you said?" His voice soft.

"Noth-nothing... I'm just saying for fun. Don't mind it..." I pulled my hand back as my eyes wandered around.

"I think I want to... Want to rest already..." I stood up and was about to escape when my wrist was grabbed and roughtly pulled back. I gasped softly and before I knew, I was seated on his lap. I held breath, staring at the face that was so near to mine with widened eyes. I saw his playful smile. What was he thinking about now?

"Want me to prove that?" He started with a... Sly smile?! I was still in shock.

"H-huh?" My voice so soft. My body stiff, every muscle tensed. Almost at the same time, he grabbed the back of my neck and crushed his lips on mine. I gasped in his mouth, hands automatically went to push his shoulders. Stop giving surprises like this! His another hand that was on my waist, holding onto me more securely. Ah...! Why is he making me shy this way...! I was still staring at him in shock when he pushed me down his lap to the cushion of the couch without breaking the kiss. Pushing me to make my back leaned on the seat, he leaned over and continued to take my breath away. My eyes had closed, one of my hands cupping his cheek while the other just dropped on my lap. When he finally pulled back to breathe, I threw my arms over him and buried my face into his shoulder. He patted my back as his breathing got stable.

"I will love and take care of you..." He whispered, making my heart melted. I was still panting a bit as I nodded.

"I love you too..." I whispered and felt him tightened his hold.
--------------
Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed it. ^^

 

 

Schedulex2(C)

Started- 10:20PM, 280111
Stopped at '-', 12:42AM 290111

Continued- 10:37PM, 290111
Stopped at '--', 11:38PM, 290111

Continued- Not recorded
Stopped at '---', 10:20PM, 300111

Continued- 8:39PM, 310111
Stopped at '----', 10:21PM, 310111

Continued- 8:24PM, 010211
Stopped at '-----', 10:22PM, 010211

Continued- 9:42PM, 020211
Ended- 11:24PM, 020211


Finished writing note and posted on 1:15AM, 030211