Chapter 3

You And I 2
Time- 4:40PM
---

Looking out of the van, snow came falling from the sky.

"Unnie! It's snowing!" I cried in excitement. It was snowing! I always have this craze for snow. I must be looking like a child right now, but it doesn't matter! What matters is, it was snowing! Haha!

"First time seeing? It snowed last week too. What's with the amazement?" My manager sitting beside me turned to stare at me weirdly. "You're 24 already, Yi Jung ah." She reminded me about my age and I pouted.

"Age is just a number. I'm young at heart you see..." I smiled like a kid which earned chuckles from her.

"If only we could be like her..." Yoo Hyun, the male manager driving the van looked at the reverse mirror, shaking his head lightly as he said to Jin Hye.

"Of course the both of you could be like me too...!" I exclaimed. The excitement had got into my system and everything got so high. "When one is young at heart, everything seems so simply and great!"

"But yet, we have to continuosly remind ourselves that the society is cruel. Through your experience you should know..." Yoo Hyun 'emptied a bucket of cold water' over my head. Yes, I knew the society is more than cruel but still, it's good to be positive.

"Then the more we should think positvely and be young at heart!" I 'argued' my way through and the both of them just shrugged and smiled, somehow agreeing.

"Not to late. You still have a recording, remember?" Jin Hye looked up at me when I got down the van.

"I got it. Bye unnie, bye oppa!" I waved cheerfully and closed the door. I'm going to visit Seung Hyun at the set and buy lunch for a total of 87 crews. No problem, I have a car, remember? Load all the food in and off I go! But I have to go for 'Strong Heart' recording today too, so not be to late... I walked to the carpark where my car was and drove down the streets to get the food. Large order of fried chicken and kimbap. Of course, drinks too! After that, I drove to the set. Easily, I found the crew and parked the car. I got out to check if it was really them. When I saw the casts from afar, I turned back to my car and got the food out.

"Good afternoon." I bowed as I greeted, entering the shooting location. The man seated on the car, staring at the monitor with some other crew stood up when they turned and saw me. They returned the greeting and helped me with the stuff. I don't see Seung Hyun anywhere but I'm sure I am at the correct place. "There's more. I will go and get them." I told one of the crew and turned to return to my vehicle. A few of the crew were nice enough to offer help and loaded the food out despite them being busy.

"Seung Hyun- ssi." The man beside me suddenly called to nowhere. I turned to where he was looking at and saw Seung Hyun and the other casts monitoring themselves on the monitor.

"Okay. Let's have a break!" The director said aloud and the crew scattered around before coming to where the food was. Seung Hyun smiled to me as he came.

"You're here..." I smiled as I rubbed my hands, blowing.

"Eat." I pointed to the food at the table behind.

"Thanks for the food." This could be heard from the people as they sat and enjoyed the food. I smiled and bowed.

"Enjoy the food and eat lots." I said to them, feeling happy that they appreciated it.

"Sit." Seung Hyun brought me to an empty table and started eating. He offered me some but I just shook my head.

"On diet." He rolled his eyes at that.

"You have been on diet for years." He informed.

"I can even gain weight by drinking water. I really have to watch what I'm eating." It's true. I can gain 2 kg by just drinking water. I'm not lying... Seung Hyun just ignored me and continued to eat. "Where's the other casts?" I asked, looking around, not seeing them since the crew got their food.

"Porbably have something to do..." He looked around too. I looked up the sky, snow was still falling! Because of this, I started smiling and slowly, smiles became giggles. "What's wrong?" He asked, shaking my shoulder lightly.

"It's snowing!" I told him, eyes still up the sky. I heard him chuckling.

"What can I say about you?" He asked, still smiling at my silliness. We were sheltered by an umbrella so the snow would not land on the food, but the view was still as good!

"Same group as my managers." I muttered. "Young at heart." I reminded.

"Yeah yeah..." He drank a mouth of water. I watched as he ate. Silence... "Busy later?" He broke the ice.

"Hm. 'Strong Heart' recording plus night practice. Don't know why practice is recently planned at night." I wondered. Dancing at night is really tiring.

"Becareful on the way home." He reminded and I nodded.

"I got it." I then turned behind when someone called me, to see Lee Hye Ri and Kim Ji Hoo walking towards our table. I quickly stood up and greeted them.

"Mind if we share a table?" Hye Ri asked.

"No. Please take a seat." I pulled out the chair beside me and offered them to sit.

"It's so cold..." Ji Hoo said, placing his hands near the heater on the table.

"He's here to share the heater." Hye Ri told me and I laughed softly. We chatted as they ate.

"Yah, it's you who knocked into the flower pot." Hye Ri said to Ji Hoo who was sitting the closest to the heater.

"If it wasn't you who stood at the wrong side, would I even be close to the plant?" Are they bickering right now? Seung Hyun and I were practically watching a show infront of us as we smiled to ourselves every now and then. Soon, they finished their meal.

"Thanks for the food. It's yummy." Hye Ri and Ji Hoo thanked.

"No. It's nothing." I smiled and bowed slightly. Seung Hyun and Ji Hoo then started to smoke.

"Noona, do you want?" Ji Hoo offered Hye Ri.

"Just had one just now." She rejected and sipped on the mineral water.

"Yi Jung- ssi?" He then extended the cigarette box, which I rejected politely too.

"I don't smoke. Thanks." Ji Hoo smiled and kept the box. We chatted for like 20 minutes and I don't know how it started, Ji Hoo chatted with Hye Ri and I was with Seung Hyun.

"My mum is coming next week." I told Seung Hyun.

"Really?" He drank a mouth of water before answering me. I nodded.

"Staying for about a few weeks."

"Only your mum? Your dad?"

"Maybe my cousins. My mum had not mention about my dad." I looked down, can't help but felt sad about it. For 8 years, my father doesn't seem to accept me.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly, tapping my shoulder. I managed to smile and looked up to him. Giving him an assuring nod, I reached for my bag, hugging it. Suddenly feeling empty... Ji Hoo and Hye Ri had excused themselves as their managers were looking for them. "It would be good to see you family." He changed the subject. Taking another puff, he smiled to me.

"Wanna meet them?" I asked. I had seen his family members. They were nice to me and I'm actually quite close to them, except for Charlie, his dog. I have phoebia for dogs.

"Sure."

"They would be as nice as your family members..." I assured.

"Are you saying Charlie is nice too?"
-
"Charlie is nice, of course." I stated, despite not knowing him. I mean he is a dog, you can't expect me to understand him...

"But you don't seem to like him..." I coughed a laugh and said.

"It's not that I don't like him. It's that I'm scare of dogs. Yes, Charlie is nice, but I'm still afraid."

"Okay... I'm just joking..." He eyed me and took a puff again. I looked at him smoked. The way he in and blowed out. To me, he seems lonely when he smokes. As if he's lost, not knowing what to do and smoking is his only friend. Although others doesn't seem to see this, I always felt that he is so stressed and only through smoking, he feels relaxed. "Jung ah." I snapped back when he called me. "Why are you looking at me this way?"

"Nothing. Just..." He smiled and turned the other side to blow out the smoke. "Oppa?" He turned back and looked at me wonderingly. "Have you been sleeping well these few days?" He nodded.

"Why the sudden question?"

"You look tired, and stressed." I noted.

"I'm fine." He simply answered. Then, he deeply on the stick again. I wanted to ask, what had happened but he still had to work so I don't wish to affect his mood. You might think that he is only smoking and that I think too much. Everyone who smokes looks like this, but to me, it's not. He may be always smiling as he smokes with s, his colleagues, but to me, he doesn't always smile. Like now, obviously there's something bugging him. When he is feeling fine, he doesn't look like that. And I always feel bad when I see him like this. I can't bear to see his stressed and troubled look. I covered his cold hand with mine. I just looked to the front and from the corner of my eyes, I saw he turned his gaze to me then looked to the front again. He finished the stick, rubbed the lighted tip against the base of the ashtray and dropped it in. I let go his hand to open my bag.

"There you go." I pulled out something and extended it to him. He saw it and coughed a laugh, reaching for the packet.

"You have chocolates when you are on diet?" He looked at me, amazed.

"Don't tell my managers. Especially oppa." I said. "It's a secret between just you and I. Shh..." I placed my index finger on my lips, eyeing around from the corners of my eyes, like I can't let anyone sees me having a packet of chocolates with me. He chuckled softly.

"What can I say about you?" He asked again and ruffled my fringe. I pouted at him as I fixed my fringe. He took my hand and poured a few chocolates on my palm. "Secret... Shh..." He motioned me to eat and turned away, as if helping me to look out for my managers. I laughed softly before popping the little treat in one by one. Even if it was for awhile, I wanted him to laugh or just smile. Luckily yesterday, I did not have coins to board the bus so I went to the povision shop and just randomly bought a packet of chocolates so I can have some change. But now, I really have to put in more effort to burn the calories. I just ate 6 chocolates! Can you believe that? How much calories are these...? 95, 190, 285, 379... 570?! 570 calories! Oh my... Okay... Forget it. I can just burn it away...

"Oppa, I got to go." I looked up from my phone and told him. I stood up and he accmpanied me. I bid farewell to the crew and went off. "Okay. I can go alone from here." I turned to him at the end of the street. "Go." I 'shooed' him. I don't want to delay the filming. He nodded and waved to me. I waved back before running to my car. I pulled the door opened and looked back to watch his back until he entered the set and smiled to myself before entering the car.

After the recording, I proceeded to the dance studio to meet the trainer. I looked through the little glass fixed at the door to see if anyone was inside. I still knocked even though I saw no one. I opened the door and found a few pairs of eyes looking at me the moment I stepped in.

"It's Yi Jung!" I finally recognised who those people were.

"Yi Jung?" I smiled and walked towards them.

"Oppa." I called.

"We were talking about you and you came...!" Dae Sung said as he tugged on my hand while sitting on the floor. He tugged me to sit and I put down my bag, sitting next to him.

"Why are you here?" Young Bae asked.

"I'm here for night practice." I stated, matter-of-a-fact. They all nodded. "Then why are you all here?" I looked at them.

"For practice, of course. What else?" Seung Ri replied. I nodded.

"Did I remember the wrong timing? I remember the schedule says 10PM..." I said softly as I pulled out the sheet of paper from my bag, checking if I see the time wrongly.

"You remember the correct timing. We are just here to wait for the cheographer to pass us some stuff." Ji Yong smiled as he said, gulping the water down his throat. When the door swung opened, all of us looked up and quickly got on our feet.

"There's the..." The cheographer started and when he saw me, he smiled and patted my shoulder. "You're here." I bowed and greeted. "Here's the details. So, tomorrow the same time, we will meet here." He passed the paper to Ji Yong and we all bid farewell before they left. Oh... So Big Bang's and my dance were created by him... Then we started the practice. God, the trainer cheographer was really torturing me... I was half-dead by the end of the dance session.

"Unnie, I just ended the practice." I said into the phone as I walked to my car.

"Tomorrow, 9:15AM at the agency, there's a recording for the song." She reminded at the other line.

"Yes, I remember. You still said I need to go by myself because the both of you are not free right?" I smiled faintly to myself as I said.

"Yeah. So see you then." She bid farewell.

"See you." I hanged up the phone and entered the car. I slumped to the seat and closed my eyes. I'm so tired! My eyes fluttered opened and when I looked at the time on my phone, I saw an envelop icon at the upper right corner of the screen.

From Seung Hyun,

Hey. Finished practising? I get to go home today. I'm outside the cafe along the street where your university is. Call me when you're done with your stuff.

I quickly dialled his number. Would he be still waiting? It's been 3 hours since he texted me!

"Oppa." I called first when the phone was answered.

"Hey."

"Where are you?" I asked as I started the engine.

"I'm at the cafe."

"What? It's been a long time. You should go home...!" I became worried. I don't know for what. Maybe just worried for him for waiting so long.

"Why are you so angry?" He said, half laughing as he was taken aback.

"I'm sorry. I just... Wait for me, I'm going over." With that, I hanged up and drove to the cafe. I hopped out and ran to the cafe where he claimed he was at. From a few shops away, I saw a black figure leaning against the wall. I heaved a sigh of relief and brisk-walked to him. "Oppa..." I called, panting.

"Why are you running?" He held my arm, supporting me as I bent down to catch my breath. I managed to smile when my breathing got stable. "Silly. Already tired and you are running again...?" He 'lectured' me.

"It's late and you are alone. That's why..." I explained. He smiled and patted my head again, then slung his arm over my shoulders. We walked to where my car was.

"How's practice?" He asked casually. I nodded.

"Good." I flashed an assuring smile. "Why suddenly you got to go home? I thought you have to stay with the crew?"

"We will be changing set tomorrow, so we would get a new dorm then." I nodded.

"Happy?" I asked. He looked at me wonderingly, not getting what I meant. "Are you happy about getting a short break?" I asked, clearer this time. He smiled.

"What is there to be happy?" He asked back, still smiling faintly me.

"You got a break. A rare thing...!" I said.

"Okay. I'm happy..." He smiled again at my silliness. What is in his mind?

"Oppa." I called, causing him to turn down to me. "Shall we eat ice cream?" Without waiting for him to answer, I pulled him into my car and drove to a nearby 24-hours provision shop. "You like this right?" I asked, holding up a particular brand. He looked at me, confused. But I just picked another one of the same brand and made the payment. Swinging the plastic bag, I pulled him across the road to a park. I walked to the swing and planted my on it. Motioning him to sit on the swing beside me, I gave him the ice cream. We started to eat, in silence. He was stealing glances at me all the while, I know. I pushed myself forward, kicking the ground.

"You're on diet..." He reminded. I ignored him and continued eating with him watching my every move. Then I sighed. "Did something happened?"

"What about you?" I stopped swinging and asked. He just stared at me. "What happened that made you so stressed?" I asked again.

"I'm fine." He sighed before answering. "Let's go. It's getting late." He got up and pulled me along with him. "I will drive you back." I blocked the door.

"I will drive. You rest." I got up the car and lowered the seat for him before he got in from the other side. He saw the lowered seat and pulled the handle to pull the seat back up. I stopped him.

"Sleep. I will call you when we reached. Home or dorm?" I asked, starting the engine.

"Jung ah." He called, hand covering mine on the steering wheel. "What's wrong? You are acting weird today." He noticed.

"What did I do?"

"First is the chocolate, then is the ice cream. You have stopped eating snacks for years." He looked worried as he asked. "We just laughed it off but there's surely something else." I let go of the steering wheel and turned to him.

"You want to know?" He nodded. "That's because I'm worried about you." I confessed. "It's you who is acting weird." That got him and he avoided my gaze. "I just happened to have a packet of chocolates and seeing that you are unhappy, I wanted to cheer you up. As for the ice cream, I wanted to ask you what happened that caused you so much stress that you don't even want to go home. But just like now, you avoided my eyes, you avoided the question." I had seen through him from the start, that he doesn't want to go home, or rather his dorm. "I'm worried..." Unaware about it, tears slowly welled up in my eyes. He remained silent. "Oppa, you can tell me." I tried to meet his gaze but in vain. "Your manager giving you stress?" No response. "The new drama?" Still no response. "The agency? The members?" I laid back on the seat, feeling tried too when all I got were our slow breathings. "Is it just stress? Pure stress?" He turned to me.

"I really can't hide anything from you..." He forced a smile. I narrowed my eyes. So which one of all that I had said was bothering him? "I'm having a hard time in the new drama. I can't understand the character and I can't get into it. I tried to think myself as the character and even keep away from you and all the people for 2 months, but still, my performance is not good."

"But, from what I saw on the television, it's fine. The director or the other staffs said this to you?"

"He did not say it directly to me, but I somehow sensed that he isn't satisfied." He closed his eyes.

"That's the problem with you. You pushed yourself too much. Slow down..." It worried me more now when I realised the source of his stress. "You always pushed yourself too much in your career. You are wearing yourself out." I placed my hand on his arm. "You are doing great, really. Just search online. Even professionals are impressed." I told him the truth. I really did came across articles about it. He held my hand on his arm and gently pulled it down. Smiling to me, he nodded.

"Thanks." I nodded as I smiled.

"Are you feeling better?" He nodded.

"To the dorm please." He told me and I re-started the engine and drove down the streets.

"You mean he is afraid of the new stove?" I asked, glancing at him in surprise.

"He doesn't even dare to turn on the stove to cook instant noodles." I laughed which he followed. I stopped at the traffic lights.

"Glad that you are laughing again. Seems like all the sweet stuffs are showing effect?" I asked, turning to him.

"It's not those. It's you." I looked at him, taken aback. He was laying down and his eyes already half-closed.

"When and where did you learn those?" I smiled secretly to myself and stepped on the paddle when the lights turned green. I glanced at him when he gave no response. He was asleep... Shaking my head, I continued to drive.
--
I turned back to him when I stopped infront of the steps of the building. Still sound asleep. He must have not been sleeping for a few days. This workholic... I then drove steadily to an empty parking lot and turned off the engine. 3AM already... I looked and my watch and thought. Then I yawned. Seeing him sleeps really made me sleepy too... Lowering my seat, I covered the glass infront of us with a black cloth and the windows with those what I called 'sun-blockers'. It's those small, black, squarish kind of net to block sunlight. I know I was doing too much. It was 3AM and no one would see us, but it's better to be safe. I'm used to this kind of lifestyle already. I lied down, turning to Seung Hyun's side. His eyesbags... I shook my head and took away the bag that had been resting on his stomach. I replaced the bag with the blanket I kept at the backseat of my car. I then tossed his bag to the backseat and something dropped out. I laid on my stomach and reached for that box. Goodness... I thought as I picked up the lighter and the empty cigarette box. It was a full-pack just in the afternoon. I saw it! I turned to him and sighed, feeling worried and somehow sorry for him. I once again lied on my back and stretched a little on the seat. Soon, I drifted off to sleep.

My eyelids suddenly snapped opened. Looking around, I realised I was still in the car with Seung Hyun. He was in a deep slumber. A deep sleeper indeed. I looked at my watch and god! It was 5AM already! With him still sleeping, what am I going to do? I still have a recording later on...! And I don't want to wake him up. It was a long time since he got some rest. I plucked down the black cloth and saw a few people getting out of the apartment as the day started. Just then, Seung Hyun's phone rang, which made me jumped. I pushed it out from his jeans' front pocket and looked at the caller ID. I wanted to pick up the call but when I saw that it was his manager who was calling, I hestitated. I would give a shock to his manager when he heard a female picked up his artiste's phone. The ringing then stopped and I unconsciously heaved a sigh of relief. I unlocked his phone and looked at the missed call. Using my phone, I dialled his manager's number.

"Hello?"

"Hello? Is this Choi Seung Hyun's manager speaking?" I asked, as I already recognised his voice.

"Yes. Who is on the line?"

"Good morning. I'm Yi Jung." I greeted, glancing at Seung Hyun from the side of my eyes.

"Yes. Is there anything I can help you with, Yi Jung- ssi?"

"Seung Hyun oppa is with me. We are in my car and he had fallen asleep..." I told him, my tone soft, like I did something wrong and was embarassed.

"Huh?" He paused and I thought he was angry. "Yes, where are you now?" He continued.

"I'm in the carpark under the dorm. Are you in the dorm?"

"Yes. I would go down right away." With that, he hung up the phone. Pushing Seung Hyun's phone back into his pocket, I got out and waited for his manager. Soon, he was seen pushing the glass door opened, walking towards me in a fast pace.

"He seems like he has not been sleeping for days and he dozed off when we were on our way back." I spoke up first when he stopped infront of me. "I would like to wait till he wakes up, but I have something else and I have to go now." I explained.

"I'm so sorry about this. I will wake him up right now." He said and he quickly ran to the other side. I stopped him.

"You can wake him up when it's time." I smiled as I passed the car keys to him. He wanted to reject but I quickly excused myself, running off to the main road and hailed a taxi.
---
Okay. Sorry for the long long wait... Thanks for reading and hope you all enjoyed. ^^

To gelachoi, Hi. Haha! Would Seung Hyun be drooling? XD ! I'm glad that I have your support till now... Thank you! :D I have always been reading your stories. Just that I wait for a lot of chapters to be posted and read them in one go. I'm reading it because I like it. You're as great too! Thanks for supporting! ^^ Takecare.

Schedulex2 (C)

Started- 4:40PM, 301110
Stopped at '-' 6:09PM, 301110
Continued- 8:23PM, 301110
Stopped at '-', 11:59PM, 301110

Continued- 8:11PM, 021210
Ended- 8:46PM, 021210