Chapter 2

You And I 2
Time- 8:10PM
---

"Oppa..." I called my manager once I reached the waiting room. Today, there is this 'Peek at Idols' life', remember? This programme is where artists would be sharing their private life. The male manager was here instead of the female one. I wanted Jin Hye unnie! Actually, I have two managers, but one of them, which is the male one, had to go to Japan to prepare another artist that he is in-charge of. I don't know who he is in-charge. They were not suppose to say. So after the debut of that whoever celebrity, he came back. After three years... When I first saw him when I debuted, I was like oh my... I'm dead. He is so strict, so firece. And I mean soooooooo... But good thing he left to Japan after about three months, so I got to enjoy my time with unnie! This 5-years, he was kind of giving me a 'torture-session', especially when Seung Hyun and I were dating in private. God... I don't want to be reminded of those times, please...

"Go get changed." I stepped in and he was digging for something in his bag. He handed me a set of clothes without turning back to even glance at me. I took the clothes and quickly put them on then sat infront of the mirror. My hair and make-up were then done. I have short hair now. All because of my last comeback. I want my long hair back... I became kind of cool-looking with this hair. It looked like Ga In's and Narsha's hair style. As there was still time, I sat at the couch behind alone while my manager was like so damn busy. I spinned my phone, looking into the air. My manager then glance at me, thinking what the hell I was doing. I bet he must be thinking I was waiting for 'someone's' call, but I'm not. My phone just happened to be in my hand and I fiddled with it. Must be be so sensative about it? And, what does it got to do with him about me dating with Seung Hyun? Okay, I shall stop now. I'm getting rude already... He came and handed me a piece of paper.

"There's night practice today?" I asked, looking at the schedule he just passed to me. I don't remember having anymore stuff to do after this recording.

"It's extra. Just for three hours." He said as he sat on a chair infront of me. Three hours of practising was enough to make me faint already. The dance for my next comeback is really something. Ballroom dance plus a little of tango. Kpop dance is a lot more easier... I just nodded without voicing out my complaints. Soon, the recording started and I was escorted to the set by my manager.
-
"Yi Jung- ssi has became the recent hot topic. A CF queen, a owner of a store and is also the girlfriend of Big Bang's TOP." Yoo Jae Suk, the MC said as he turned to me. I bowed and smiled humbly. "You must be rich right?"

"Thank you... It's the fans and agency's support that made me what I am today." I laughed as I replied. "Not exactly rich. I still have a long way to go to be considered as wealthy people."

"This year, you filmed a total of 4 CFs. It must be really tiring for you. Do you just accept offers or you have your considerations to think before you decide? Like the amount of money?" Jae Suk read from the card in his hands.

"I would most slightly accept the offers I got, but I also take note of the concepts and themes. If I don't have confidence that I can bring out the themes and concepts well, I will reject it. No point doing something that I don't have confidence in. I mean, I put in my best in everything. If I really think that there's no way I could do a good job, I would not have started it. Time and schedules are also the concerns."

"I see. Then, have you so far rejected any offers?" He asked.

"Just one." I answered, showing my index finger.

"What is it?"

"It's a lingerie brand." I said. "I always felt uncomfortable exposing my body. And the concept is 'y and intimate under the sunlight'. So the sleep wear and stuff are quite skimpy. I was 21 at that time so, I wasn't use to that stuff yet."

"Oh. If you can choose, what kind of CFs would you prefer?"

"I'm used to doing those regarding food. Like drinks and snacks. But I'm also fine for a change. If someone offers me a lingerie brand now, I might accept, since I'm much older." We laughed.

"My daughter loves to eat the chicken brand that you endorsed. The frozen one." He told me, looking at me.

"Thank you. I myself love frozen food a lot. Convinient and delicious." I agreed.

"I heard that you are good at cooking. Did TOP-ssi always pester you to fix his meals?" I laughed nervously.

"I enjoy cooking and would be happy to cook for others too. Jung Min oppa is the one who always want me to cook for him. Seung Hyun oppa is still okay." I told him.

"Jung Min?" He seemed to can't make out which Jung Min I was talking about.

"Yes. SS501's Park Jung Min."

"Ah... Park Jung Min- ssi..." He understood and nodded his head. "Alright."

"But," He looked up at me. "There's one thing that no matter how hard I tried, the taste is just not right." I confessed.

"What is it that you can't do well?"

"Kimchi."

"Huh? You can't do kimchi?" Jae Suk was shocked as well, knowing the fact that I at making Kimchi. "Which part of the making you can't do well?"

"It's not that I can't do well. The teacher from my high school watched me as I did every step to make sure I produce the correct taste." I said as he nodded. "The steps were correct, but the taste is just not nice." I, myself was wondering what was wrong.

"Really?" He asked in awe.

"Yes." My pitch a little high. "In high school, I was the top in terms of culinary skills. But if that semester includes kimchi making, my results were pulled down as kimchi-making has a higher percentage."

"Yeah. Every women in Korea has to know how to make kimchi, that's why it holds a higher mark."

"I don't know is it that I am not a Korean or what. I just can't get the taste right. Maybe my hands are made in Singapore and my classmates' ones are made in Korea." I joked, which made the MC laughed. "So I had a nickname in school." He looked at me, waiting for me to continue. "Best chef who can't make kimchi." This made him laughed like hell, hugging his stomach. I laughed too.

"The top chef who can't make Kimchi. Hahahaha!" He said in between his laughter and laughed out loud again. "Is there anything else you can't do right?" He asked again after he calmed down.

"No. Kimchi fried rice, ddokbokki... I can do all of them. Just kimchi."

"Oh. I had a good laugh. Best chef who doesn't know how to make kimchi..." He teased. I simply laughed. "Okay. Let's continue..." I said and looked at the cards in his hands again. "About the issue of you injuring your vocal cords. What actually happened?"

"This is the worst thing that could happen in my life." I told him. The mood changed as I remember the hard times. "I was recording for my comeback when I can't reach a key that I used to be able to reach usually. So I went for a check up and it was told to me that I injured my vocal cords. I heard that after an operation, I can recovered. But after the operation, my voice was still hoarse and I still can't reach the key. The doctor then told me that there are cases like these and that I might not be able to get back my original voice. So the comeback was on hold. I thought I wouldn't be able to stand on stage again." Tears started to well as I said. "All I did during those times were cry and sleep. I couldn't even eat. I remember myself not eating for 4 days."

"Then what made you try to sing again?"

"After about a month or so, I calmed down and thought that I shouldn't give up. Although I can't sing, I shouldn't lose hopes in myself. I was under treatment and started to write lyrics to songs. That was also when I started to plan my shop. Then one day, the producer in my agency came to me again and asked if I wanted to give it a try again. I was really nervous and not confident about it, but I still try to sing. Maybe it was the effort I put in during the treatment, that I unexpectedly reached the key...! I was so shocked and the producer was amazed and taken aback. But because the songs which were actually for my comeback were already sold, the producer immediately started to work on new songs for me. And that's when I successfully be able to stand on stage again." The set went quiet because of my sad story. The MC then clapped for me and the others followed.

"Yes. It must be hard for Yi Jung and but her spirit had helped her overcome everything." I smiled and bowed a little to him.

The recording continued till late night and I proceeded to the dance studio with my manager. Fatigue, hunger, I really wanted to rest already... Pratice went on and on and I finally was dismissed. I wiped my sweat as I picked up my things.

"Jung ah, I make a move first." I turned back upon hearing my manager's voice.

"Okay. Becareful on the way." I said and he went off. I picked up my things and went to the carpack. Getting into my car, I put my bag on the seat beside me.

To Seung Hyun,

Hello, oppa. Another tired day for us. Hope you are fine. Eat and rest well okay? Fighting!"

I sent the text. We have been used to sending messages like this to encourage one another. I tossed my phone back into my bag and started the engine.
---
Okay, a short chapter. No inspirations plus, I'm sleepy due to the effect of the medicine. Going to take a nap soon. Thanks for reading and hope you all enjoyed. ^^

To gelachoi, Hi. I'm also catching up with 'She's a Fool... Now What'. Going to finish the chapters and comment. :D Ji Yong may be a minor in this story. We would see how it goes. This chapter isn't very good. Just some facts about Yi Jung's past. More to come in the future. Hope I did not disappoint you. Thanks for supporting! ^^ Takecare.

Schedulex2(C)

Started- 8:10PM, 251110
Stopped at '-', 8:30PM, 251110

Continued- 12:08PM, 261110
Ended- 1:33PM, 261110