Chapter 15

You And I 2

Time- 8:35PM,
---

Today is the day I'm going back to Singapore. You ask if I am happy? Yes! I'm more than happy! But still, I still have to finish today's work before leaving for my homeland. It was only 9AM in the morning but I am here with Seung Gi, sitting at the back of the dance studio. Yes, we are 'spying' right now.

"Have you thought of the number of members in the group yet?" I whispered to Seung Gi. He shook his head, eyes fixing on the trainees dancing to a song without the trainer coaching. I turned back to the trainees, watching them.

"I think the one in red T-shirt is good." I said softly, eyes watching the every movement of the guy in red. His steps and actions were swift and clean.

"You noticed him too?" Seung Gi turned to me. "I'm watching him all along."

"Right?" I smiled and the both of us turned back to the front. When the song ended, we thanked the trainer and trainees then went off. I took out my notebook and flipped to a page.


Project Group [Name tbc]

Genre: Dance

Gender: tbc (perhaps a female one)

No. of members: tbc

Things to note:
- passion ---> possessing my level of passion (or somewhere there)
- personality ---> good- natured, passionate, well-mannered, considerate, determined, persevering, hardworking etc
- ability ---> just be capable enough to complete the role as a singer
- talent ---> multi-talented (like Seung Gi)


These were just some notes made by me. I showed it to Seung Gi as we were walking up to the empty conference room.

"Are you looking for a husband?" He laughed. "Considerate, good- natured, well-mannered..."

"Of course it would be good if the members are really like that." I said, pushing the door opened.

"We have been observing the whole morning but there's only one of them that I think is not bad." He said, sitting down on a chair.

"The guy in red, right?" He nodded.

"We are doomed. We can't find enough members." He laughed nervously.

"Don't you think we are quite arrogant?" I laughed. "We can't even dance well but we expect them to dance better."

"Yeah...!" Then we laughed.

"Shall we start an audition or something?" I suggested.

"There will not be enough time." He said, shaking his head. I sighed. Another thing to cause a headache for us. We dazed for awhile before my eyes lit up when I suddenly thought of something.

"Ah...!" I turned to Seung Gi, who turned to me as well. "Oppa, just wait for my update okay? I think I found a way out." He tilted his head wonderingly.

"What?"

"I have to go for the script rehearsal." I looked at my watch and realised it was time to go. "Wait for my update, alright?" I smiled, standing up.

"Tell me, then I will not be curious." He said, looking up at me.

"Will you dream of me at this rate?" I asked playfully, pushing the door opened. "I'm off." I waved, going up to the president's office first. I dug out my phone, dialing a number.

"Oppa." I called when the call was answered. "Are you free later on?"

"What time? I'm having a recording right now."

"I will end schedules around 1PM." I said, reaching the last door of the hallway.

"I don't know when will the recording ends. I will send you a text when I finished work, okay?"

"Okay." With that, we hung up and I knocked on the door, turning the doorknob.

After telling the president my idea, he agreed and told me to proceed with it. I then left for KBS building.

"Annyeonghasaeyo." I bowed as I entered the conference room. A few of the co-stars had already arrived. Kim Soo Hyun was one of them. He was the male lead.

"Please take the scripts." One of the staffs who I believed was the producer said to me. I bowed and went to the table to grab four different script books. One of the female staffs led me to the seat beside Soo Hyun. Soon, the rest came and the normal introduction went on. The rehearsal then began. We don't need to face anyone, just look at the scripts and read with expressions, like how the scripts were written.

"In the law of the Republic of Korea, law 591 states, what you are doing now is unacceptable. I have every right to charge you." I read from the line in a serious and monotonous tone. Soo Hyun smirked.

"It's rare for a person like you to know the law so well. Isn't it a pity for you to work here?"

"Thank you for your concern, but no." I rolled my eyes at the papers in my hands, following the instructions.

"Good." The director said in satisfaction as I looked up. "Now, Scene 79. Min Ah-ssi, Yi Jung-ssi." I flipped to the page and briefly looked through the scene.

"What are you doing with that guy?" I started asking, totally not liking her to mix with someone like him.

"I went to a club and he sent me home." Min Ah answered, like nothing was wrong.

"Who allowed you to go to a club?" I asked again, eyes getting intense as I demanded for an answer.

"Unni, I'm already 18 years old. I have freedom too." She reasoned.

"No, you don't. You are staying at my house, so you follow my rules." I stated. "Just because I am working, that doesn't give you the chance to wander around outside. You are still a high school student."

"You can work there and yet, I can't go and have fun?" She asked mockingly.

"Yes. Since I am working, I have all the rights to go there. And you, shouldn't be going to places like those. Don't you know what kind of place that is?" I questioned.

"If that is such an inappropriate place to go, then what is unni doing there?" She talked back. "At least I don't serve people nor I allow people to touch me freely like you do!"

"Piack." I made the sound effect of a slap, my stares turning into glares. "I, work at those places for this family."

"Stop finding excuses!" She shouted back. "With the degree unni is holding, you can easily get a job with hundred times that salary!"

"I, don't feel disgraceful of my job. Because I use those money to feed you and Grandpa. And, I never allow anyone to touch me." I said coldly. I looked up as the scene was completed. I saw the director nodded in acknowledgement and whispered something to the producer.

The rehearsal session went on for three hours. I packed my things and took my phone out. I saw the message I was expecting.

"Yi Jung-ssi," I was about to read it when I heard someone called me. I turned and saw Min Ah smiling as she walked towards me. I bowed.

"Annyeonghasaeyo." I smiled and she bowed as well.

"I have been looking forward to work with you since I was a trainee. I'm a fan."

"Ah..." I smiled humbly. "Thank you."

"I heard a lot about you from the seniors in the label." Her smile remained and I thought she was really nice and beautiful.

"Thank you. I have been listening to you songs and I love them." I said truthfully. She smiled.

"Thank you."

"Min Ah yah." Someone called when she was about to talk again. A man poked his head into the room.

"I'm sorry but I have to go." She bowed. I bowed and watched her leave. I picked up my bag and headed out. I read the text message and a small smile appeared on my face. My steps were light as I skipped my way down to the car park.

I parked my car at the apartment and waited. I watched the cars passing, looking for the one I was waiting for. My phone rang as I was staring at the road.

"I'm sorry." The person said after I picked up the call. "I'm rushing back already. Where are you?"

"I'm in the car park." I said.

"Reaching, reaching... Just three minutes..."

"Okay. No worries, take your time and be careful." With that, we hung up. I leaned back on my seat, eyes still watching the road. I listened to the music for another five minutes when I finally saw the car driving in. I walked out of the car and locked the doors before walking towards the car which was parking.

"Oppa." I called as he came out of his red car. Seung Ri turned and smiled.

"Sorry for the long wait."I smiled, shaking my head. "Hi oppa." I said to Ji Yong who exited from the car next.

"Hey." He smiled. "Why don't you wait upstairs? The rest should be at home."

"They have gone to get Ringer's solution jabs, I think. That's why I called her to wait here instead." Seung Ri said and the three of us headed inside.

"What is it that you want to discuss about?" Seung Ri asked again when we reached their dorm. He led me into his room.

"I thought of asking you to bring me to your academy some day." I said and he looked at me wonderingly. "Our agency is producing a dance group and we are looking for potential people." I explained. I took out the notebook and showed him the contents.

"So you mean you want to debut my talents?" He asked as he looked at the notebook.

"If they meet the criteria we set."

"But the nearest branch is at Gwang Ju. I don't think we have time today. I still have something on later." He said, returning the book to me.

"It's okay. Seung Gi oppa are I are the ones in-charge. So if you could spare some of your free time..."

"Sure. Can you call Seung Gi-ssi to contact me?"

"Sure." I smiled. "Thanks oppa."

"Don't put your hopes too high, knowing you are so picky and choosy. Those who get chosen would have a hard time since you have high expectations." I just smiled and shrugged. "So going back to Singapore today? When is your flight?"

"Five." I looked at my watch and it was already 1:47PM. He nodded slowly.

"I shall go out then. Thank you so much. You made my day." I said, seriously glad that my headache had lessened before I returned to Singapore. I can now enjoy my time in peace...!

"No problem. I'm the best, isn't it?" He patted my shoulder, smiling.

"Er... Well..." I pretended to smile nervously. Then he started to sing 'I'm the best' by 2NE1. I chuckled, walking out.

"Seung Hyun ah..." I heard someone called. I turned and saw the door to Seung Hyun's room opened. His manager;s back was facing me and he was bending down by the bed. It's two already." After a few more times of shaking the lying person there, the manager came out.

"I gave up." He said to the others on the sofa. "Someone, I will treat you a meal if you get that person out of the bed."

"Did he faint again?" Seung Ri's manager asked with a chuckle. They then turned to Ji Yong who was ironing his clothes behind them, behind the sofa.

"Don't ask me to wake him up. I'm busy here." Ji Yong quickly said. "Ask Jung." He added. The managers then all turned to me.

"Why me?" I stopped walking and stared at them. "I don't want." I rejected immediately, walking passed them to the door. I swear, when the first time I was called to wake Seung Hyun, I nearly called the ambulance because I really thought he had fainted or something. He doesn't even stir...!

"Jung ah..." Seung Hyun's manager called, coming after me. Please don't beg me for something like that...!

"Please help me." He pleaded. "He has to sign the contract so I can hand it to Mr Yang." I sighed, seeing the brown document envelop in his hand.

"What time must you summit this?" I asked.

"Mr Yang wants it by 3PM." He said.
-
"Okay, I will try." I emphasised the word 'try' as I don't have the confidence to wake Seung Hyun up even after an hour. He handed me the envelop and I took it then walked into Seung Hyun's room. I placed the documents on the desk and squatted before the bed, his face before mine. I reached for his arm.

"Oppa." I called in a normal tone and volume, patting his arm. No slight response. "Oppa." I called louder this time. I sighed softly when I still get none. I patted his cheek lightly, trying to get him up from his deep, deep slumber. I started to push his hair off his face, pulling them back and tangled my fingers in his hair at the back of his head, hoping the movement will just cause him to move his eyes under his eyelids a bit. Just a bit will do.

"Oppa, can you hear me?" I asked gently, patting the back of his head. He finally squinted his eyes opened. And when he saw me, he turned to the other side, causing my hand to let go of his hair. His back facing me as he pulled the blanket over his head. What? He doesn't recognised me? I stood up and sat on the edge of the bed, patting the side of his waist. Not patting him to sleep, but patting to disturb his sleep.

"You have to sign a contract, right?" I asked as I continued to pat him. "Quickly get up and sign it. Then Byung Yung oppa can hand it to Mr Yang." Just like I expected, no response given.

"You can sleep for five more minutes. Then you will really have to wake up." I said, pulling my hand back. It was just difficult for him to get up even though he had already woken up. I experienced this before so I can understand. I gave him sometime to slack in bed and when five minutes had passed, I placed my hand on his waist again.

"Oppa." When he gave no response, I started patting. "You can sleep after you have signed it." I said, trying really hard. I started at his motionless figure and I gave up. I really salute my mother to be able to wake me up for 15 years, since I was just like him back in Singapore. I stood up from the bed and walked to his desk. I spotted the potted flower there and it was kind of withering.

"Oh? The flowers had withered." I commented, even though he most probably would ignore me. He was awake by then, I know. And he was just trying to go back to sleep since he was tired.

"What is the contract about?" I asked, stopping him from sleeping again by talking to him. I picked up the envelop and turned to him. He was still in that exact same position! Okay, relax... Breathe in... Breathe out... I sat on his bed again with the envelop and patted his waist with my other hand.

"What did you do all day to get yourself this tired?" I asked. He must be working non-stop for him to be this sleepy. I continued to pat him until he caught my hand and turned to me, his eyes still closed. Pulling my hand and pressing it on the mattress, he stopped me from disturbing him further. I smiled faintly at him.

"Wake up, sleepyhead." I called quietly again. His eyes slowly fluttered opened and his half-opened eyes stared at me blankly. "Have you sleep well?" I asked, wearing the same smile. He shook his head, snuggling to the side of my thigh.

"Sign the contract first, then you can sleep all you want." I reached for a pen lying on his desk. "Here." I handed him the pen and the envelop. He lifted his head on my lap and reached for the pen and envelop, pulling the documents out. He held the papers above his face and read it, then rolled off my lap and lied on his stomach as he removed the cap, penning his signature. He then passed them to me after.

"Getting your signature is really a hard task, Mr Choi." I remarked, slotting the contract back into the envelop. He sat up, his hair in a mess. He looked at me with sleepy eyes and although it wasn't my first time seeing him like his, I still had the urge to laugh.

"The flowers are withering." I said again.

"I'm getting a new one soon." His voice dry and hoarse. "Why are you here anyway?" He asked.

"I have something to talk to Seung Ri oppa." I said and he just nodded, not asking further. He got off the bed and went in front of the mirror, combing his hair.

"Shall we go shop for a flower? Do you have time?" He asked, still fixing his hair.

"Hm. My flight is scheduled at five." He nodded, opening his closet and took out a biker jacket, putting it on over his hoodie.

"Let's go then." He came and took the envelop from me, giving me a smile. I smiled back and stood up, following him out. The people in the living room all looked up when they saw someone coming out. They turned at the clock and Seung Hyun's manager and Ji Yong softly cried a 'yes' while Seung Ri's manager sighed.

"Hyung, we won. 30000 won please." Ji Yong stretched out his hand to Seung Ri's manager.

"Don't forget about me." Seung Hyun's manager said with a laugh.

"I got it, I got it." Seung Ri's manager said sharply, admitting defeat. He grabbed his wallet from the pocket at the back of his jeans.

"What's going on?" Seung Hyun asked, handing the contract over to his manager.

"Ji Yong and I bet how long Jung will take to get you out of bed." His manager answered.

"I bet half an hour and they bet twenty minutes." Seung Ri's manager added.

"Then exactly how long we took?" I asked.

"To be exact, eighteen minutes." Ji Yong said. "Since our guess is nearer to the actual timing, we won...!" Seung Hyun and I chuckled softly as we shook our head lightly.

"Anyway, Jung is a pro." I turned to Seung Hyun's manager who said that. He held up the document, smiling. "Only you can wake him up in record speed."

"Record speed?" I asked with a laugh.

"It's considered fast already. We used to take at least half an hour to wake him up."

"Do I get a prize then?" I asked, smiling.

"I will treat you a meal."

"Deal!" And the both of us laughed.

"I can't believe you all tease me just because I can't wake up easily." Seung Hyun walked out from the kitchen. He shot me a look while I just flashed a kiddish smile.

"Wait a moment." I told him before going to the balcony in the living room. I called Seung Gi and told him about the plan.

"SaJangNim knows about this?"

"Yeah. I will text you Seung Ri's oppa number."

"Okay." I walked back into the living room, going to Seung Hyun.

"Done?" He turned to me. "Shall we go then?" I nodded and he took my hand. We exited the dorm and went downstairs. We walked to where his car was parked and got inside.

"Woah... I have not been here for ages." I said as I buckled the seat belt.

"Thanks to you, I have saved lots of petrol." He smiled as he turned to me, starting the engine.

"Yes. I really enjoyed being your free labor driver." I replied sarcastically.

"Of course, you are working for TOP." He talked back conceitedly, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Yeah, right. And the driver is Yi Jung."

"I feel the most honored and lucky to have employed you."

"You better be." I spat. He chuckled, turning the car around the corner into the streets.

"You know where to buy flowers? I actually don't know where I am driving to."

"There should be shops nearby. Where do you get the one on your desk?" I asked, looking at him.

"That's from the other end of Seoul." He said with a laugh.

"Drive around. There should be some around the corner." I said casually, looking out at the shops along the streets.

"I want a nice one..."

"Flowers are flowers." I said, rolling my eyes. "As a girl, I don't even care about flowers."

"What you are interested in, is money, right?" He glanced at me.

"I have told you many times, I would be happier if you use a ten thousand won note to fold a flower for me." I said.

"And I couldn't believe that this was what your mother told you." He muttered. I laughed out loud when my mother told me that when I was still little. From then on, I will always quote that sentence whenever anyone ask for my opinion on flowers.

"Well, it's true."

"How can a women be so dry?" He asked, shaking his head a little.

"I got that trait from my mother." I talked back.

"Yeah..." I was looking out for any florists when I finally spotted one.

"There." I pointed to the front and he pulled the car along the road. We stepped out and walked towards the entrance. Different types of flowers were displayed outside the shop. I saw sunflowers and was really attracted to them. Okay, when I say I would rather have a flower made of cash notes, I mean I don't really care about them. But if you really were to ask what kind of flowers I prefer, I will choose sunflowers. I followed Seung Hyun, looking around inside. My mind was all on the sunflowers already. I was walking passed the aisle as I heard a greeting of a female who was most probably the shop owner as the bell rang when we entered. I didn't see the owner those. I spun my head to the side when I heard a crashing sound. A young lady, with an apron on was staring at us in shock before the racks and beside her foot was a broken pot of flowers.

"Are you okay?" Seung Hyun asked. I walked towards her.

"Are you alright, miss?" I asked and she nodded slowly, eyes still wide. I smiled then bent down to pick up the broken pieces. When she saw me did that, she seemed to come back to her trance.

"It's okay. I will get it." She squatted down, trying to stop me.

"Do you have a broom?" I asked. She nodded and quickly ran into the storeroom. Seung Hyun pulled me up.

"Be careful. You will cut yourself." I bent down again to have a clearer look at the carton of potted flowers, the same as the one that slid off the lady's hands when she saw us. The petals were blue in colour. They were daisies and they were beautiful. I love daisies! First is sunflowers, followed by daisies! I picked one of them and admired it.

"It's pretty..." I whispered in awe." Buy this." I said to Seung Hyun.

"Sure. I will get it for you."

"Not for me. Replace this with the one in your room." I said. The lady came back with a broom and a dustpan, clearing the mess.

"May I help you?" She came back to us when she was done.

"I'm looking for a potted flower." Seung Hyun replied.

"Is it a gift?"

"Ah... I want to put it in my room." The lady nodded and looked around the shop for a suitable one. Seung Hyun was touching every flower with care as he passed the rack. As if the flower will break or die, he felt the petals gently.

"This one is nice." He said and I turned to him. It was daisies as well, but the petals were light purple with a tinge of pink.

"It's daisy." The owner said. "They just arrived last week." She smiled and after walking a few more rounds to decide, Seung Hyun finally settled with the daisies he had his eyes on just now.

"May I know what are those you are stocking up just now?" He asked when he was at the counter. "Those blue ones."

"Those are daisies as well." The lady smiled as she accepted the cash Seung Hyun handed to her.

"Oh..." He nodded, waiting for her to pack everything. I was still at those aisles looking at the flowers as I waited for him. The potted flowers were really nice to view. Potted cactus were cute too. I walked to the counter to see the lady arranging a few stalks of sunflowers with daisies into a bouquet.

"There." Seung Hyun pushed the bouquet into my arms. I looked at him wonderingly. "Aren't you eyeing on them since we arrived?" I saw the lady smiling at his actions and I turned away, feeling my cheeks getting warm.

"Thank you." I said softly, controlling my lips from curving upwards but ultimately, I failed. The lady thanked us, bowing. We bowed back and left.

"I'm sorry but I don't know how to fold flowers with cash notes nor there are any money flowers available." He said as we walked out, with him following behind me. I was hugging the huge bouquet in my arms like a baby. I looked at them as I smiled, feeling so sweet in my heart. Okay, I don't really like flowers but hey, I'm still a girl. Seung Hyun placed the potted flower in the backseat while I got inside. I was still smiling to myself when he came in.

"So happy?" I nodded lightly, touching the petals. The yellow of the sunflowers and the orange and blue of the daisies were so bright.

"Thank you..." I whispered, still looking at the flowers with soft gaze.

"I merely bought you flowers." He said with a chuckle. "Are you going to tear at that?" He teased but I just ignored. I was in a good mood...!

"But why the sudden flowers?" I asked, finally turning to him.

"I saw you looking at them." He said. "Where shall we go now? To get your luggage at home?"
--
"I have already checked them in in the morning." I told him.

"Morning?" He laughed. "Okay..."

"But," I started, glancing at the flowers in my hands then to him again. "How am I going to bring this back?" I pointed to the plants I was holding.

"You have to claim and pay tax."

"You mean I will have to pay tax for sunflowers?" I pretended to ask in slight disbelief, even though I already knew it. Just... It doesn't make sense and I might be the first ever to bring flowers overseas. He stopped at the traffic junction.

"Then do you want to put them at home first?" He asked, bringing his wrist up to look at his watch. "There's not enough time for it anyway." I pretended to sigh. He chuckled and started driving when the green light shone.

"So In Cheon International Airport?"

"Hm."

When we reached, we headed to the counter to get those flowers claimed first.

"Excuse, I would like to ask if I could check this in as well." I pointed to the flowers in my arms. The lady behind the counter took the flowers to another man and they talked for a while before coming back to me.

"Yes. Can I have your boarding pass please?" I handed her the pass and she got the procedures done. "You have to pay an additional charge of 70000 won." She slid a paper across the top of the counter to me. She must be kidding. 70000 won for a bunch of flowers... I dug for my wallet and when I was about to pull out a card, Seung Hyun beat me to it and handed his card to her.

"Why?" I asked, holding his arm. I saw the lady already keying in the details.

"You are complaining about it throughout the whole journey here." He said. He turned to the lady when she slid the receipt for him to sign.

"I did not complain for the whole journey. And plus, I was just joking." I defended, glancing at the lady, who seemed to be surpressing her laughter. "Why are you doing this to me in public? It's so embarrassing...!"

"Please handle the flowers with care. It's really important." Seung Hyun ignored me and slid the paper back to the lady after signing.

"Yes." The flowers were placed into a transparent bag printed 'Fragile' on it before it was brought away.

"Thank you." He said, taking his card and I bowed before going off. He went towards the cafe at the other end of the airport and got inside. I can only follow him. The waiter brought us to an empty table and we sat down.

"Do you have sunglasses or something?" He asked.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Put them on when you arrived." I nodded.

"But you said no one can recognise me since I do not have any make up on." I said, wanting to know his reply.

"Those walking beside you will know." He said after making our orders.

"Psh..." I turned away, looking at the interior design of the cafe. Nothing special. A typical, conducive cafe for people to chill out.

"So how are you feeling?" He interviewed. "Excited?"

"Hm." I smiled, nodding energetically. The drinks came and we sat there, chatting.

"So what time you have to go? I have to go in soon." I said as I took the last sip from my vanilla latte.

"A recording at six." He said. "You will be flying in the sky and I'm still left with an hour of free time. So don't worry." I nodded and we stood up to foot the bill. After that, he walked me to the departure hall.

"Take care of the flowers. I want to see them still healthy when I arrived there." He said, turning to me.

"Alright." I nodded. "But it's not my fault when I found them broken when I received them at the belt."

"Shall I sue the airport for that? I surely told them to handle with care." He joked.

"Sure. Then I will just pretend I don't know you." He rolled his eyes.

"I shall see you again after three days then?" He asked, taking a step towards me.

"Yeah." He cupped my cheek and caresssed it.

"Text me when you arrived there, okay?" I nodded. "Go on in." I waved at him then handed the boarding pass to the security at the entrance. They returned it to me after checking and I went inside, waving to him one last time before disappearing from his sight.

I reached Singapore and walked out to the arrival hall. I did not wear sunglasses, just put on a cap. I will only attract more attention if I wear shades, right? It was already night and I saw my mother there, waiting. A wide smile broke on my face as I rushed to her, giving her a hug.

"Waited for a long time?" I asked, pulling away. She shook her head, then reached for my handbag.

"What's that?" She asked, seeing the flowers in my hands.

"This?" I glanced at the flowers in the plastic and gave her a smile. "Seung Hyun gave them to me."

"Seung Hyun... Your boyfriend?" I nodded. As my mother can't really pronounced Korean properly, she chose to address Seung Hyun as 'your boyfriend', 'her boyfriend'. It doesn't sound friendly but, well...

"Flowers are a waste of money." She commented while I just smiled, laughing in my head.

"He said he doesn't know how to fold cash notes and cheques into flowers." I said.

"Then tell him to give you the money he used to buy those flowers instead." I laughed and when she heard my laughter, she joined in as well. We took a cab home. Chatting with my mother was really nice. She is like a good friend to me, always ready to lend a listening ear and a shoulder to lean on. We talked about what we were going to do and she asked about my job and recent life in Korea. She also updated me on my father. I'm going to see him soon and I can imagine his expression when he sees me. My insides started to tremble and I thought I went pale.

"You will have to face him someday." My mother started, reaching for my hand, already read my mind. "Don't worry." She continued when I remained silent. "I cannot promise that he will be friendly when you arrived but give him some more time to adjust to the fact." I'm not complaining or something, but after giving him eight years to adapt and adjust, and he hasn't seem to accept me really made me scared and worried. It made everything hopeless. My mother did not let go of my hand after we dropped off from the taxi. She held it as we walked towards the lift. She gave a little squeeze on my hand as she unlocked the gate and door of the unit. Opening the door, she led me inside. Releasing me, she got my luggage into my room. I looked around the living room, breathing deeply unconsciously. Oh... My... God... I'm back...! I turned to the closed door of a room.

"He's inside." My mother said when she returned. I walked towards the chocolate brown door ever so slowly. I know I have to to do this. I knocked on the door timidly. No response. I took another deep breath, gathering all my courage as well as to clam my nerves. I turned the door knob slowly. I peeked through the small gap and saw my father's back facing me, reading the newspapers.

"Dad, I'm back..." I said softly, afraid to disturb him. He turned a little to the side, so little that I couldn't see even his cheek. "How are you?" I asked, trying to keep myself from freaking out. I waited for his response and turned to the side to see my mother beside me, patting my shoulder.

"I will not disturb you then. Goodnight." I added before slowly closing the door. I sighed in both relief and sadness, turning to the living room. My mother smiled to me, bringing me to sit on the sofa.

"I promise things will get better." I gave a nod, forcing a smile.

"I placed your things in your room. When your boyfriend comes, he will sleep in the computer room." I nodded, listening. "I have got some of your clothes from the cardboard and placed it in your room as well so you can get them easier." I nodded again, clearing remembering that my cardboard was in the computer room.

"But can I still wear those? They are like from eight years ago..."

"You lost so much weight. Of course you can." She said, eyeing me. "How heavy are you now?"

"48KG."

Gosh... You were like 68KG before you went to Korea...!"

"Please don't remind me of that... I was so fat then..." I shook my head. She chuckled.

"So when is your boyfriend coming?"

"Friday." I said, drinking the cup of tea my mother had served me. She nodded.

"Are you tired? Do you want to sleep?"

"Okay. I have not been sleeping for the past few days." I yawned.

"Why?"

"I have to finish the work by today so I can come back."

"Poor thing... Quick, go have a shower and turn in already." My mother urged. I stood up, going into my room to get the clothes my mother had placed in the big plastic box beside the bed.

After getting a shower, I lied on the mattress laid on the floor. Everything was like before. The clothes I was wearing had the smell that I missed so much. And so did my room. My mother had pulled the mattresses on the floor just like eight years ago. We lied beside each other. I sniffed on the pillow and the mattress, inhaling the smell of home.

"Wow..." I whispered in awe. My mother chuckled softly.

"It was eight years ago when I last slept with you. My baby was only sixteen then." I stared at the ceiling, memories flooding back.

"You must be really worried to find me missing when you woke up that day, right? You must be bursting from anger when you saw my letter too."

"Of course. I will never forget that day. I thought you were crazy to actually do such things. I still have the letter with me. You don't know how mad and panic I got as I read it. I'm going to show that to your boyfriend when he arrives." I smiled, hugging my bloster tighter. I missed the detergent smell so much...

"I really called the police then. I demanded them to get you back from Korea by the end of the week. When the police contacted those in Korea, I was praying everyday that they would manage to find you. But then, when I read your letter again one morning, you called me to give you five years. I know you really wanted the job, that was why you are willing to go far for it. Giving up everything you have here. So I cancelled the report and hoped for your call everyday. You didn't even take your phone with you. Lucky you didn't take really long to call back. If not, I will not even know whether you are still alive or not."

"I'm sorry."

"You should be."

"You were really strict then and you will never allow me to go if I told you my idea."

"But still, I didn't expect you to run away just like that."

"I'm sorry..." I sniffled when I felt my eyes got moist. My mother turned to me and pulled me into her embrace.

"Already a big girl but you still cry?" Her voice soft and warm, causing me to sob harder. She patted the back of my head, coeing me.

I woke up at 3PM the next day. Wow... A good night sleep. I though I fainted and couldn't wake up. That was the effect of home, allowing us to sleep in peace. The house was empty and my mother left me a note saying she and my father had went to work. She bought lunch for me and after eating, I went out. I took a cab to my nanny's house. Okay, I have this nanny that took care of me from two months old till I was seven. I was really super duper close with her and her family and would stay over at their place for a week or so during school vacations after I started staying with my parents. I rang the bell and waited in anticipation. I have called them and they should be back home by then...

"Oh my god!" I nearly jerked back when the door was suddenly flung opened and a scream was heard. It was my nanny's eldest child, Josephine. She quickly opened the gate and pulled me in.

"I miss you so much! How long have passed since we last see each other?" She hugged me tightly.

"Often on webcams but in person after eight years, sis." I said, chuckling.

"My dear, you are here..." I turned around saw my nanny walking towards me. I ran into her arms, giving her a tight hug.

"Mammy...!" I called in delight. I called my nanny 'mammy' as well, but the spelling is different from 'mummy'. So I will call her 'mum' if my mother is around to avoid confusion. My nanny is my second mother, like a godmother.

"Pig!" My head shot to the kitchen to see the second child, who is a son, Alvin, walking out from his room. "Why are you here?" He asked like when I was still little. Tsk... Can't he see that I am bony everywhere? Still calls me a 'pig'... Tsk.

"Not to see you." I snapped, rolling my eyes playfully. Another man in his twenties, came out and that was the youngest son, Adrian.

"Oi. Come here for what?" He eyed me, obviously teasing. I rolled my eyes again.

"Not to see you!" I repeated louder this time. They all laughed, seeing me pouting. They pulled me to sit. I began digging inside my bag, wriggling my eyebrows as I turned to Josephine.

"Sis, you are going to love me so much." I said mysteriously. She looked at me wonderingly, then her eyes suddenly lit up.

"You really get Jung Min's autograph? For real?! Give it to me!" She shrieked, extending her hand to me. I pulled out a CD album and slapped it onto her palm, revealing Park Jung Min's latest album. She screamed, jumping up and down then pouncing on me.

"Woah woah..." I gently pushed her back. She opened the album and squealed, seeing the autograph. To reveal something to you, this fangirl over here is already thirty three years old.

"Here." I passed another album to Alvin. He like Jung Yong Hwa from CN Blue, so yeah, I helped him get it. "It's so embarrassing for me to get this." I said, remembering the time when I waited for Yong Hwa to finish his hosting to get the signature.

"Why?"

"I told him I have a friend who is a fan and he asked if I am one as well. I don't really go crazy for him and I don't know what to answer. In the end, I just say a little. You really have to see the look on his face. It's so embarrassing. He was like surpressing his chuckles from seeing my blank face." He chuckled, eyes fixing on the album with all the members' signatures . I walked to Adrian to pass him two albums.

"There you go. Big Bang and 2NE1."

"Thank you so much. I don't expect you to really get them."

"The signatures are easy to get since I know them." I smiled. "Expect for CN Blue's one." I shot a look to Alvin, who made a face to me.

"These are promotion CDs. They are not available in stores. You guys have to treasure them." I said to all three of them.

"Yes madam!" They saluted and all of us laughed.

"Okay, kids." My nanny came back with a tray with glasses. She served us the drinks and we sat down and chatted.

"I was just joking when I demanded for Jung Min's autograph. I really don't expect his." Josephine cried, giving me another suffocating hug.

"Okay, okay." I pulled away with much difficulties.

"So how is he? Is he really cool?" She asked, eyes glittering.

"Don't say he is cool." I pretended to be pissed and rolled my eyes. "Every celebrity is so cool but when you get to know them, it's a total different feel. He keeps bullying me!" She chuckled.

"Because he forces you to cook for him?" Yes, she watches a lot of variety shows so she knows what I have said on television. "Be happy that he is willing to eat your food." I snorted. We chatted for a long time and they even showed me that they bought every album that I released and called me to sign all of them. They called me to stay for the night. Since it was a rare opportunity, I agreed and informed my mother about it. After that day, I went to visit my grandparents. Again, they called me to stay over at their place. Because they are my beloved grandparents, I have to agree. There was no way I can reject them.

"You should come visit when you arrived..." My grandmother said when we were in the living room, watching television.

"You and Grandpa went shopping yesterday. That's why I only came today." I said. "I went to nanny's place and stayed for the night." I told her further. My grandmother nodded.

"How are they?"

"They are fine. As noisy as always." I laughed.

"They dote on you a lot." She said and I nodded.

"Dear," My grandfather called from the kitchen. I stood up and went inside. "Here's your coffee." He handed me a cup. I love the coffee he makes. Although it was just coffee powder, only he can produce that kind of taste and fragrance. He handed another cup to my grandmother and the three of us sat around the table, talking.

"You will be coming on Saturday, right?" I nodded at my grandmother's question.

"Yes, of course."

"Are you bringing your friend?" I nodded again, knowing she was referring to Seung Hyun. "What he likes to eat? I will cook for him."

"Don't trouble yourself. He will eat anything. Don't stress yourself over it." I said, assuring her. My grandfather just listened to us like usual as he is a quiet person. My grandmother nodded. After about an hour, we went to bed. My grandparents have the habit of sleeping early. So when it was 9PM, I retired into the room as well. When my grandparents turned off the lights in the house, no one is to turn on any of them. Unless you are going to the toilet. So even if I was alone in the room, I couldn't turn on the lights. Because I woke up late again today, I could not go to sleep yet. So, I was listening to some music as I lied on the bed. Well, after listening to the songs, I got bored and began to dig inside my bag for nothing, just wanted to see what was inside. I saw the scripts I brought with me. I pulled all four books out. I have the habit of bringing the scripts with me everywhere I go. I'm this secretive of my jobs. Anyway, I am not allowed to reveal the scripts to anyone. I thought I can just read the scripts until sleepiness gets into me, so I sat by the window, using the moonlight and began reading them softly.

"I'm sorry, but I don't accept or entertain private requests." I said this sentence a few times, using different tones to find the best one. I was about to say the next line when my phone rang. I jumped, quickly crawling towards the centre of the bed to get my bag. I emptied it, pouring everything out. I don't want to disturb my grandparents' sleep. I grabbed the vibrating device and answered it immediately without even looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I whispered, covering my mouth a little to prevent my voice to ring in the dead silent house.

"Why is your voice like this? Where are you?"

"Oh, oppa." I sighed, a small smile broke out as I recognised the voice. "I'm in my granny's place and they have slept."

"Oh. So what are you doing then?"

"I couldn't get to sleep. So I'm reading the scripts." I told him, looking out of the window.

"Oh, okay. How is it over there?"

"Super happy! I stayed over at my nanny's place yesterday and we played the whole night...!" I told him excitedly, whispering though. "And I think I gained weight. I ate so much...!"

"Will I see a pig when I reached there tomorrow?" He asked with a chuckle.

"A still bony pig. The real pig is you."

"Mine are muscles, not fats."

"Mine are muscles too." I retorted and he laughed at the other line.

"Okay. I got to go. I'm in the recording studio right now."

"Okay then."

"You will be picking me up tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah. I will see you tomorrow." I smiled. After bidding farewell, we hung up. I fell back on the bed, smiling as I closed my eyes.

"Granny, I'm going off then." I called when I reached the door. "Grandpa, I'm going." I said to my grandfather who came behind me.

"Be here tomorrow." He said and I smiled, nodding.

"Bye." I waved and went off. The time was 7PM and I just finished my dinner with my grandparents. Seung Hyun will be reaching around 10:30PM, so I can do some shopping before heading down to the airport. I hopped into a taxi and went to the shopping district.

I was restraining myself from buying too much as I will still have to head to the airport later on. It will be embarrassing if I have more shopping bags than Seung Hyun has his luggages, right? I was walking along the streets brightly lit with colourful light bulbs and with many Christmas decorations around. I entered another big building, hoping to find what I wanted. I went to the second storey, which was selling house decorations and furnitures. I headed towards the racks filled with vases. To be honest, I only remembered about Seung Hyun's flowers when I walked passed a florist along one of those streets I went just now. The bouquet was still lying on the bed, without a vase! I have been looking around for one in the other malls but I don't like the designs. So, I'm trying my luck here. After much choosing, I picked up a small squarish translucent blue vase and walked to the counter. I made payment and the vase was packed into a box. Good thing that it was light and easy to carry. I thanked the cashier with a smile, taking the carrier. It was already 9:55PM and I took a cab over to the airport. It took me around 20 minutes to reach there. I stood by the arrival hall and waited. The plane had landed and I just had to wait for Seung Hyun to pop out from the gate. It was a short wait until I saw a man with shades and a cap on, pulling a luggage with him as he walked out. I smiled towards his direction. He saw me and smiled back. He was in 'disguise' while my face was put on display.
---
"Hey..." He smiled, glancing down at the shopping bags in my hands. "You went shopping?" I nodded.

"Hm. While waiting for you. Let's go then." He smiled and we walked together towards the taxi stand. The queue was long but we didn't wait really long since many taxi drivers came here to get customers. We got in and I told the driver the address after placing the luggage in the boot. I texted my mother, informing her that we were heading home.

"Don't get too excited. My place isn't very big." I playfully told him when he said he was nervous and excited about the visit.

"Who wants a big house?"

"Tomorrow is the big day." I reminded. "Perhaps you will get more nervous and excited then?"

"Yes." He smiled, pulling me nearer to him. "I'm so tired after the flight." He mumbled, lying his head on top of mine.

"Right? We will head home and you quickly get a shower and rest." I felt him nod. "Oh ya," I lifted my head to her. "My mother and I doesn't sleep on beds. The bed in my room is for decorating purpose. So that means you don't have a bed in your room. I can change rooms with you if you want to." He shook his head, smiling.

"You sleep on mattresses too huh?" I nodded, matter-of-a-fact. I only started to sleep on beds when I got to Korea. "It doesn't matter. I used to sleep on mattresses with my mum and noona too."

"Do you regret not staying in a hotel instead?" I asked, eyeing him playfully and laughed a little. Shaking his head again, he said.

"Why do I want to give up the chance of sleeping with you for a bed?"

"Try saying this infront of my mother. She will slaughter you alive." I answered. "I'm sleeping with my mum." I told him.

"Fine. I will allow you to sleep with her this time. I still have many chances to share the same bed with you when we get back to Korea." He said casually which I widened my eyes slightly.

"No...!" He chuckled.

"Yes, you will."

"I'm going to kick you in the if you come into my room with me from now on. Be it in Singapore or Korea."

"Then I will just have to drag you into my room then." He said normally. I looked at him in horror. "I have the whole of YG behind me. And also, Yeh Jin." He added. "She will confirm plan something if I ask her for help. Before you and I know it."

"That girl..." I played along with him. "I will ground her."

"Dear, there's something called a phone." I playfully glared at him, knowing I was at the losing streak. I turned away childishly, pouting. He laughed softly, pulling me back to his shoulder and patted my head. He smelt the scent of my hair.

"This shampoo smells nicer." He commented flirtatiously. I leaned in to smell his shoulder as well.

"Your perfume smells the same." I controlled my giggles.

"I thought you like it?" His voice soft and deep.

"When did I say so?" I asked back. I really didn't say I like it. He chuckled softly and I pulled back, since we were in public. The driver seemed to be peeking at us.

"Is it just me or the driver is really looking at us?" I asked softly, even though I was speaking Korean and the driver will not understand.

"I think I saw him peeking at us in the mirror a few times." He said. "So what did you buy?" He changed the topic, looking at the bags on the seat beside me.

"Bags, clothes, shoes. Oh ya, and a vase."

"Why a vase?"

"Your sunflowers." I said. "They have been lying on my bed for the passed few days."

"So you have been neglecting them huh?" He eyed me. "Will I still be able to see them alive when I reached there?"

"As far as I know, they are not dead." I said. Well, I have been away from home for two days... So, who knows?

"I feel sorry for them. They have met you..." He shook his head lightly, sighing.

"You know I don't care about flowers..." I stuck out my tongue, earning a look from him.

We walked hand in hand.

"We have reached." I stopped at my unit along the corridor. I turned to him. "Ready?"

"I finally understand how you feel when you came to my house for the first time." He said nervously. I smiled, holding his hand tighter.

"You can get ready while I unlocked the door~" I sang.

"Thank you very much." He said, rolling his eyes. I laughed softly, pushing the door opened when it was unlocked. My mother was seen rushed out from the kitchen when she heard the door opened. Seung Hyun bowed at the sight of my mother.

"There you are..." My mother smiled and said in a welcoming tone. Seung Hyun bowed again and my mother helped pulled his luggage into the room. Seung Hyun bowed to thank her.

"Thank you." He said in English.

"You are welcome." She smiled and turned to me. "Your father is on night shift today. So turn in first." I nodded, feeling a little sad and also relieved. My father was working in a 24-hours provision shop and he had told his supervisor that he would prefer to work in the day since he started the job. He must be still unhappy with me to even avoid my boyfriend and the fact that I don't need to face him made me relieved too.

"Is it okay?" I asked, bringing him into the room.

"Yes, of course." He looked around. The cardboard was at the side while the computer was at the other. There was also a functioning television set which we seldom used. A mattress was laid between the desktop and cardboard with a pillow and a bloster. A blanket was also placed at the other end of the mattress. He turned to me and took my hands. "So how's your father?" He asked gently, knowing the relationship between my father and I.

"He's the same." I managed to smile.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking straight into my eyes, like he was looking through me. I nodded, still having a small smile on. "Really?"

"Yes, I am." I nodded again. "Don't worry, okay?" He just stared at me, as if trying to read my mind. He then released one of my hands and pulled me towards him by the waist, the other still holding my other hand. My face lightly against his chest. We stayed quiet and I just stayed still, letting him comfort me.

I turned to the side and pulled the phone I put in between gap of the mattresses. 12PM. My mother had woke me up earlier to tell me that she had went out to buy lunch and I went back to sleep after giving her a slight indifferent nod. I pulled myself up on feet and opened the door, going out. The door to Seung Hyun's room was still closed and I went to the toilet in the kitchen to wash up first, assuming that he was still sleeping.

"Oh..." I uttered, looking at Seung Hyun with eyes widened a little, really not expecting him to be up already. He was up before me! I must call Byung Yung oppa to tell him this! He flashed me a small smile as he brushed his teeth. I was about to walk away when he pulled me inside. I got his message and took my toothbrush. Both of us brushed our teeth together. I let out a short sharp cry when he inched towards my cheek with his lips covered with foam from toothpaste. I quickly jerked away, pushing his shoulder. He quickly placed his index finger on his lips, motioning me to lower down my volume. He rinsed and wiped his mouth with a towel. I don't know why he had suddenly became so childish because he poked me on the side of my waist when I was bending down to rinse my mouth. I jumped a little and turned to him, playfully giving him a glare while I wiped my mouth. I slapped his stomach, causing him to hug it. He glared, nudging my shoulder. I elbowed him back as I walked out. When I looked up, I saw my father standing before us with a straight face. I came to a halt, realising that he saw us fooling around. Seung Hyun saw my change and looked up as well, seeing the same person. He quickly bowed.

"Dad, you're back." I managed to say without stuttering. He just stared at me, then looked at Seung Hyun one last time before walking passed us to the toilet, closing the door. I silently heaved a sigh of relief, looking up at Seung Hyun.

"Did it scare you?" I asked and he looked down to me, staring at me for a second before a smile appeared. He patted my head, then pulled me out of the kitchen. He came into my room and sat on the side of my bed. He reached for the vase of flowers on the desk, gently rubbing the petal between his fingers.

"Did you sleep well? You woke up quite early today." I said, sitting on the chair at the desk.

"Yes." He smiled, patting on the seat beside him.

"So where do you want to go? We can go to my granny's place during dinner time." I asked as I sat beside him. He thought for a while.

"I don't know. Maybe hang around in cafes?" I nodded.

"Okay." Just then, I heard the gates opening. "I think my mother is back." I stood up. "She bought us lunch...!" He chuckled softly, hearing my childish voice. He stood up. We went out and had lunch together at the living room. My mother kept picking dishes for me and Seung Hyun and Seung Hyun kept thanking her. I peeked at my father as I chewed on the meat my mother placed in my bowl. My father was eating silently, keeping his eyes away from all of us. I think I was going to suffer from indigestion soon.

"So where will you two be going after this?" My mother asked. I glanced at my father one last time before turning to my mother.

"We will be hanging out in cafes." I replied.

"Have you went to Sentosa?" My mother asked Seung Hyun, which Seung Hyun only stared at her.

"He went before me." I answered for him. "I have not gone to the Universal Studio and he told me that it was fun there." I turned to Seung Hyun. "Right?" I asked him in Korean.

"You have gone to Sentosa, haven't you?" I asked again, seeing him staring at me with a wondering look.

"Ah... Yes." He turned to my mother and said, giving her a smile. She smiled back in response. "You have not been there?" He asked me. I shook my head as I drank a mouth of soup.

"Do you want to go then?" He asked again softly.

"To ride on roller coasters?" I looked at him. "No thanks." I said with a soft chuckle, shaking my head lightly. Oh please...

"You tried bungee jumping three times and you are scared of roller coasters?"

"I can jump the forth time but no viking and roller coasters and stuff like that for me." He smiled inwardly.

"I freaked out at the platform but you were all so relaxed and now, you are scared of those?"


Flashback


"No, I'm not scared. I jumped twice already." I said casually, walking towards the door together with Seung Hyun.

"Is it? But why don't we go to the highest one?" He asked.

"I went to the highest one with Jin Woon oppa." I said. I had jumped with Jin Woon at the one with a height of 62 metres during 'We Got Married' recording years ago. And I told Seung Hyun to come to this one with a height of only 54 metres.

"When?" He suddenly turned to me, eyes widened. "Couple one, you mean?"

"Yeah." I nodded, matter-of-a-fact. "During 'We Got Married' recording." He stared at me and I can sense his arising jealousy.

"Why? Are we still going up?" I surpressed my laughter as we stood rooted to the ground.

"Good job." He muttered.

"If not, you want me to hug you and jump down when my head is filled with Jin Woon oppa?" I talked back, defending myself. I was kind enough to bring him to another bungee jumping station, alright? I have said on the interview during the recording that I might not be able to go back to the place with my future boyfriend as there will be memories. The second time was when Bong Sonn wanted to try bungee jumping and asked me to accompany her. She dragged me to the 62-metres bungee jumping station but chickened out in the end and decided to go to the 52-metres on instead. Since Bong Soon is a girl, I agreed when she first said to go to the highest one.

"Filled with?" His eyes widened more. "Do you seriously mean 'filled'?" He asked, surprised that I actually used the word 'filled'.

"I could've said flooded." I said nonchalantly. "Are we still going in?" I asked, motioning to the entrance. He shot me a look before pulling me inside.

After putting on the straps around us, we got inside the lift and up we went.

"Who did you go with the second time?" He asked, his face visibly getting tensed as the lift slowly rised.

"Bong Soon." I said, looking forward.

"Can girls do the couple one too?" He asked.

"No, we jumped alone." I said, which earned him a surprised look on his face.

"How can a girl be so brave?" I chuckled softly.

"It is you who are timid." I laughed again when he glared at me. "Trust me, when I was jumping the first time, I was like you. Bong Soon also hugged me so tightly and nearly chickened out the second time." I continued, seeing that he was really getting nervous. "I think you are going to chicken out too." I noticed after glancing at him, trying not to laugh.

"I think so too..." He said softly, clasping his hands together. The door of the lift opened and we stepped out. I overlooked the landscape, looking down at the river. I glanced to see Seung Hyun's face getting paler.

"We can just come again the next time." I said, trying not to hurt his pride.

"How is it to jump down?" He asked, his voice getting softer as we were nearing the platform.

"It feels like you are committing suicide." I told him as I hugged his arm to calm him.

"Then you mean I actually suggested to commit suicide with you?"

"Well, you are the one who want to try. So I guess, yes."

"How did you manage to jump down twice?" He whispered in disbelief, his eyes slightly staring down.

"Don't think about anything. Once you think, you are not going to jump." I said. The instructor helped us connect the ropes together. I peeked down and seriously, I was getting dizzy because of the height. Although this wasn't the highest, it was still high...! Even after jumping two times, that doesn't mean I totally don't have any feelings towards this activity. The scariest part was actually getting up here, preparing to jump. It wasn't that scary once you leap off. I turned to Seung Hyun to check on him and he was taking in deep breaths with his eyes closed.

"I'm getting a little scared now..." I said with a nervous laugh, looking away, my hands on my hips while I kept calming myself mentally.

"You cannot be scared. What are we supposed to do if even you get scared..." He exclaimed softly.

"So, when the both of you fall off, don't let go of each other." The instructor reminded, tugging hard at the rope of check if it was properly and tightly attached. "At the count of five, tilt your body to the side and let your body drop." He told us to hug each other. "Now, one, two-"

"Wait a moment." Seung Hyun voiced, laughing nervously. I began laughing as well. "You mean I will just drag her down with me? Bringing her in my arms?"

"Yes." The instructor nodded. I hugged Seung Hyun tighter, taking another deep breath. I closed my eyes, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I'm ready. We can go if you are ready." I said softly, feeling the cool breeze messing my hair. I felt his chest heaved up and down, his arms encircled me even tighter.

"We are going." He informed.

"Okay. One, two, three, four, bungee...!" But we were not falling. Seung Hyun did not even move.

"Oppa. Don't think about it. Just jump." I said, my eyes half-opened.

"Okay, one more time." The instructor started again. "One, two," I felt my body being pressed harder against his. I knew he was going to jump this time. When he becomes quiet, that means he is ready for something he is determined in getting done. "Three, four," I shut my eyes tightly. "Bungee...!" I felt Seung Hyun tilting my body together with his, off the platform. I let out a short nervous cry, tightening my already tightly closed eyes. There, we were falling in the air. Seung Hyun and I didn't scream after that. I don't tend to scream when I am afraid. The rope pulled us up a few times, making us bounced in the air. When we were hanging like two worms on our legs, I started to laugh. I don't know why. Maybe it was just exciting. Seung Hyun was laughing along with me as we were slowly lowered to a boat.

"Is it fun?" I asked in between my laughter. He only continued to laugh, didn't reply my question. We leaned on the side of the boat, our soul had not fully returned yet.

"You mean, you experienced this twice?" He asked as we slowly made our way back to the entrance to the centre to remove the straps on us.

"Thrice already." I said whispering, the aftershock still engulfing me.

"Yi Jung-ssi," He called, making me turned to him.

"Yeah?"

"I salute you." He saluted while I just laughed.


End of flashback


I headed to Seung Hyun's room after dressing up. I knocked on the door.

"Prepared?" I poked my head to see him fixing his hair infront of the mirror attached to the door of the cardboard.

"Soon." He muttered, attention all on his hair. I closed the door and waited in the living room.

"I will be at granny's place to help out." My mother placed her things in her bag. "What time will you be there?"

"Around six to seven." I said, smiling a little. She smiled back, nodding.

"Your father will be out to get things done too." I nodded, still smiling. The door to my father's room was closed as usual. I stared at the door. When I heard a door clicked closed, I turned to the side to see Seung Hyun walking out, dressed in a fitting reans and a biker jacket with a purple graphic tee inside. I smiled, standing up. We went to put on our shoes and we were off.

"Oppa, don't you think the weather is a little too warm...?" I asked, glancing down at his attire. I was just in a blouse and a pair of jeans.

"Nope. I'm used to it already. The lights on the stage are so much warmer. See, I'm not sweating."

"But I am sweating already." I said, wiping the sweat on my forehead and showed him the back of my damped hand. He chuckled. We walked towards the train station and wow, someone just screamed followed by a few more shrieks. Cameras and phones were immediately held up and I bet loads of our pictures had been saved. I only smiled to them as I bowed slightly while Seung Hyun just continued walking, pulling me with him. We stood at the platform, waiting for the train. We were talking and those who recognised us were fangirl-ing at a distance from us. I was showing Seung Hyun a list of cafes I went to when I was still living in Singapore. He took the notebook and looked at it.

"I went to these to study when I was preparing for my examinations last time." I said "And I strongly recommend this one." I added like a child, pointing to one of the names when he flipped to a random page. "Hell, this outlet is good! The first latte I drank without sugar syrup is here...! It doesn't make me frown at the bitterness like every other cafes did. It' just so damn good...!" I exclaimed excitedly. I controlled my volume though.

"Hell? Did you just use a very rough word?" He asked. Uh Oh... "And did I also hear you say 'damn'? You just cursed." He pointed out.

"Hey, I'm back in Singapore. I mean, I have said many worse words than those when I was here." I immediately defended. Seung Hyun really hates women who curse.

"I will just let it slide since we are on a trip." He said sharply. "I still don't believe it when you confessed that you used to say those things when you are younger. But now that I have heard you, you really do sound like a regular." I snorted, can't help but to smile a little.

"Regular?"

"A regular profanities user." He talked back, eyes slightly widened.

"That was the past. And what I said just now, weren't really profanities." I defended again.

"It's all the same." He concluded. I just pouted. We boarded the train when it finally arrived and we stood by the side.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"To the one that made you sprout those very ugly words." I shot him a look, playfully snatching the notebook back. "But will it still be there? That was eight years ago." He said.

"I have just checked. They are still operating." He nodded. We looked out of the windows and I started to talk about the area. I don't really know a lot but I just tell him about the housing in Singapore.

"Unlike Korea, the houses in Singapore have a gate before the door. Just like the one at my house unit."

"Oh..."

When we reached the destinated station, there were people following us. The number of people just increased when we stepped out of the station. They were stalking us, actually. Most of them followed us since we reached the train station near my home. The people had been asking for pictures and autographs occasionally during the journey in the train. Some cautiously requested to only take with Seung Hyun. Well, I was not jealous like they thought so I just smiled and told Seung Hyun to take with them. We reached the bus interchange and boarded the bus with a few fans sitting behind us.

"Are you feeling uncomfortable?" I asked, referring to the fans.

"Nope." He shook his head. "But you look a little too comfortable." He said, which I chuckled a little.

"I interact with fans a lot." I told him with a smile. He smiled back. When we reached the cafe, that was when the number of people following us started to decrease. In the end, only three girls were still following us. We found a seat. We got the menus and after looking through it, we decided to order some cakes and latte. I told Seung Hyun to sit and I will pay this time. I went over to the counter. The fans were discussing on what to drink behind me.
----
"The cafe latte is good." I turned and chipped in. They looked up and were taken aback to see me talking to them.

"Oh..." They said softly.

"Shall we order together?" I offered again in Chinese. They looked more surprised. "It's okay. My treat." I smiled. I guessed they just couldn't believe their ears.

"It's... It's okay..."

"I would like to treat you guys, if you don't mind." I said again. They were fans, you see. They looked hesitant and shy about it but when I asked what they want to have, they told me to order whatever I had ordered. In the end, I ordered three latte and three different flavoured cakes. Tiramisu, oreo cheesecake and brownie. I helped them placed the trays on their table.

"I don't know what you all like. I hope these are fine."

"Yes, of course. Thank you so much." They thanked sincerely. I smiled and bowed a little at them, about to walk off when one of the girls called me.

"Can we take another picture with you?"

"Yes, sure." I smiled, nodding. I randomly took a plate which happened to have a brownie on it while the others took the other plates and one of them took the cup. The staff there helped us to take a picture with us all grinning while posing with the food. It was an instant picture so the girls asked me to sign on it, which again, I agreed gladly.

"Last long." They wished. I smiled and bowed before walking away.

"Wah..." Seung Hyun said whispering in awe as I sat down on the seat. "Are you trying to get a better reputation by doing all those?"

"What...? I did it because I wanted to. It's just fan-service. Why are you saying it that way?" I frowned, making him chuckled softly.

"I'm joking."

"You better be." I shot back.

"I bet ten dollars that there will be an article on this soon."

"What?"

"Yi Jung being super kind and friendly."

"Well, doesn't everyone knows that?" I pretended to be proud, boasting shamelessly. He snorted, rolling his eyes as he lifted the cup to his lips.

"It's good enough to curse, right?" I pretended to ask excitedly when he sipped on the coffee. My eyes glittering with anticipation.

"Not to that extend yet." He shot me a look.

"Psh..." I looked away, pouting a little as I took a portion of the tiramisu. Nice! We started to talk about all random things. Work, shops, friends, family, Big Bang...

"Seung Ri and Ye Jin just couldn't get along." Seung Hyun said with a laugh and I was already laughing since we began on this topic. The both of them bickering are really fun to watch.

"I know...! I nearly died from laughing when they played table tennis the last time." I managed to say between laughter. I chortled harder when the scene surfaced on my mind.


Flashback


I at table tennis and I was kind of being kicked out from Ye Jin's team. See, I was bullied by them again. So in Ye Jin's team, Ye Jin, Young Bae and Seung Ri were left. Ye Jin and Seung Ri had been complaining ever since they happened to be grouped together. Young Bae, Ji Yong and I were sitting on the chairs at the side, watching them play. Seung Ri and Ye Jin were playing with Dae Sung and Seung Hyun.

"Oppa!" Ye Jin raised her voice as she stared at Seung Ri in disbelief after he missed the ball coming towards them. "How can you miss it? It's coming towards you...!"

"You are blocking me!" Seung Ri retorted. The three of us watching had already started to chuckle. The game then continued and maybe, Seung Ri and Ye Jin really lacked chemistry so much that they were the losing team even if Seung Ri was the 'Tennis's Son'. Everyone acknowledges that Seung Ri is a pro. Well of course, except for Ye Jin. Ye Jin sighed loudly when they failed to pass hit the ball and they got so frustrated that they were blaming each other.

"Oh my god!" Ye Jin screamed again, spinning her head to Seung Ri and glared at him. All of us were watching them as they started a petty fight. They were shouting at each other as they started another game.

"Yah, just stop screaming, will you?" Seung Ri said as he hit the ball back to the other side with the paddle. Dae Sung passed the ball back to them and when Ye Jin was about to talk back, Seung Ri missed. She groaned loudly and smacked Seung Ri's with the paddle in her hand. Seung Ri spun to her, watching her in horror. Everyone had fell to the floor, hugging their stomachs as they laughed loudly while the two of them scolded each other childishly.

"Why is a girl behaving like this?"

"Concentrate! We are losing!"

"If you lower your volume, I can win even without you!"


End of flashback


"Well, I don't know why, but I have a feeling that they will make one cute couple." Seung Hyun said, making me darting my eyes to him.

"What...? No...!" My eyes wide. "Seung Ri oppa is sixteen years elder than Ye Jin!"

"I'm just saying." He shot back innocently. "Don't you think they look like a married couple bickering over trivial things when they argued?"

"I know. I told Ye Jin to mind her manners but she is so feisty."

"It's okay. It's obvious that they are fooling around."

"Seung Ri oppa must be complaining at home, right?"

"No." He shook his head. "He might be annoyed when he was younger, but now, from what I see, he kind of enjoys it."

"Hm? It's doesn't sound right..." I raised a brow. "Oppa likes her?"

"I don't know. Ye Jin is an interesting girl, why not?" I snorted, rolling my eyes.

"Ye Jin is twelve years old." I reminded that Ye Jin was still a child. "Even if she was to get a boyfriend, the shouldn't be so huge..."

"Age is just a number."

"It's weird." I reasoned.

"You are more weird." He spat. "If they really like each other, there's nothing we can do about it. Even if you are her guardian. Can you control her emotions?" I looked at him sharply before turning away. Seriously, I don't like the idea. Seung Ri with Ye Jin? World War 3 would begin. And, it's just werid...! I know age doesn't matter, but a 16 years ? Oh my...

"So shall we go?" I asked after another hour of chat. Seung Hyun nodded, pushing the chair back. I turned to the table where the fans were and saw them turning to us. They waved and I did the same to them while Seung Hyun bowed a little before we went off.

"Why don't you offer to send them back as well?" He asked sacastically but I knew he was teasing. "Just flag for a taxi."

"Why are you grumbling over a few cups of coffee and cakes? Earn so much yet so stingy. It's my money anyway."

"I'm surprised. How many people actually do such things to strangers?"

"They are fans." I corrected. "Fans gave me so much. Of course we could give them things as well. We must treat our fans well."

"Yeah right. You and your fans. Fans are most important to you." He rolled his eyes. "Shouldn't you treat me like you treat your fans?"

"I see you are jealous huh?" I wriggled my eyebrows, teasing.

"Just unsatisfied." He played along, muttering.

"Why would you be unsatisfied?" My face immediately changed. "You are saying as if I have ill-treated you or something."

"You always bully me."

"It's oppa who is bullying me...!" I defended, widening my eyes in disbelief. He was such an expert in 'lying'. He stared at me and the both of us rolled our eyes at each oher at the same time.

"Tch!" Then we both turned away. We continued to head towards the train station.

"It's okay. The girls dropped their plans for the day and decided to follow us." I said when we were at the bus stop. It was true. I overheard them earlier.

"Well, they are the ones who wanted to follow." Seung Hyun mumbled nonchalantly.

"Why is a boy so petty?" I asked aloud, frowning at him. He pinched the palm of my hand which he was holding and I nearly yelp. I jerked a little, turning around to see if people saw me jumping on the seat. I then turned back to Seung Hyun and glared, sending him a kick on his foot. He laughed softly and pinched me again. We were in public and I couldn't do much. I pulled my hand away from his and 'sulked'. From the corner of my eyes, I swear I saw him smiling inwardly. Or rather, surpressing his laughter. I rolled my eyes slightly. Does he still looks cool to you? A total different feel from the Big Bang's TOP, right? Hell, he is the TOP we are talking about here...!

Okay, we are before the block which my grandparents' were staying in right now. I stopped in my tracks and looked up at the building. Seung Hyun glanced at me, then followed my gaze and looked up as well. I pointed to the third storey where many plants grew hanging over the railing. I like the orchids most. My grandmother grows beautiful orchids.

"See those plants from the third floor?" I asked, still looking upwards. "We will be heading there." I turned to him to see him staring up blankly.

"Very nervous?" He only nodded his head lightly, eyes not leaving where I had pointed.

"One piece of good news." I started, which he turned to me. "My relatives would love the one I chose." I smiled. "So actually, there's nothing to worry about." I hope that calmed him. What I said can't be more real. My relatives won't interfere such things. He smiled, his hand gripping on mine tighter.

"Let's go." He said and I led him up the stairs. It was only three stories so there wasn't really a need to use the lift. When were approaching the third floor, there was this familiar noise. They were unclear noises produced when a lot of people were talking at the same time. Like in a crowded market. I heard the sound of mahjong pieces hitting each other as well.

"I told you they are noisy." I said with a chuckle as I turned to him. He only chuckled nervously.

"It's sounds like there are many people."

"There are many people." I replied with a laugh, emphasising the word 'are'. I stopped at the landing and turned to him.

"I'm also nervous here but I guess you feel worse than me. One thing I can promise, the people in there are friendly." I assured. "It will be hard since there are communication problem, but I will be with you, okay?" He nodded, smiling faintly. After taking a deep breath, I said.

"Here we go." I turned towards the direction of the unit and the door was a few steps away from us. I saw one of my cousins sitting on the sofa, watching the television. I was facing her and when she saw someone from the corner of her eyes, she turned and I could see her eyes turned into delightful and excited ones, although I don't know it was because she was happy to see me or surprised to see Seung Hyun in real life. Anyway, I smiled. I also saw the number of shoes before the door and really missed seeing this scene. I turned behind to Seung Hyun to see him staring at the shoes. I know deep inside him, he was really taken aback by the amount.
===

Hello people! This chapter seems to be a little boring, but I think it contains some details and facts about the both of them. I promise that the next chapter will be better. Thanks for reading and hope you all enjoyed it. ^^

 

 

To secsnow, Hello. I'm glad that you enjoyed the previous chapter. And fret not, I don't have a thought of giving up this story. XD More things would happen in the next chapter! Thanks for supporting! ^^

 

To DeyDey, Hello, I'm glad that you enjoyed reading the previous chapter. More are to come in the future! Thanks for supporting! ^^



Schedulex2(C)


Started- 8:35PM, 250711
Stopped at '-', 21:53PM, 250711

Continued- 20:46PM, 280711
Stopped at '--', 22:05PM, 280711

Continued- 22:04PM, 290711
Stopped at '---', 12:17AM, 300711

Continued- 22:51PM, 300711
Stopped at '----', 1:02AM, 310711

Continued- 20:33PM, 310711
Ended- 21:43PM, 310711

Typed author's note and posted at 21:52PM, 030811