Who's the chick?

What pop star?

Pre-A/N: SURPRISE UPDATE! If you're a new reader (or an old one for that matter) and realised the writing style is now different and the format has completely changed, well it's because this chapter was written literally 4 years after the previous one. So many things have been gone through, and I as a coughmorematured writer(?) have honestly forgotten the details going on in this fic. I've reread through it countless times throughout the years but y'know, whether its "Umma" or "Hyung" or "Taeminnie" or whatever, details about what they call each other by or just the tiny details that you may realise are different, you can help by commenting about it so I may refer back and edit any accidental changes. It would be a great help /bows 90 degrees/ (IS BOWING STILL A THING BTW?). I've tried to match my writing style to be as simplistic as it has been.. somewhat. For any future fanfics I put out would probably be slightly more detailed. Just slightly... But format will be this way from now on ;) Please keep reading aight. btw this chapter aint that long

 

 

Who in the world would go around and.. and KISS A FROG? DO YOU WANT SALMONELLA? Alright. Calm down Lee Taemin. I'm sure, pretty sure, no one would kiss what's mine-

     "Taeminnie? What are you thinking about so intently?"

     The mentioned snapped back into reality, realising what he had just thought about. He buried his face into his  palms, letting out a steamy fume of embarrassment. Key settled into the khaki couch in the living room of his run down apartment. Admittedly, he could afford to move out into a nicer one. Heck, his boyfriend could probably get him a penthouse. Alas, Key had explained that the reason he wishes not to move out was because it would be a hassle to move out all his shoes and bags without getting all sweaty. Taemin decided it was for the best to never question his life decisions anymore.

     Key started to ramble on about the concert being delayed. "This is your boyfriend's fault. He stupid."

     "First, he ain't my boyfriend. Umma, how many times do I have to explain this? Second, I know."

     Conversations carried on like every Tuesday afternoon. Now we're all starting to wonder, do they even work or are they just useless? Admittedly, the author did not think about this fact 4 years ago. So, Key now works as a clerk at the shopping district and Taemin is working part-time at a cafe, his living expenses covered by his older brother, Onew who is a sales manager at an office tower next to a KFC. It was Key's off day and Taemin was about to go to work after their little hangout.

     "So about the kiss I saw," Key started. "You sure that wasn't you? I mean," He made a face. "It really looked like you were getting it on-"

     "Oh my goodness, don't say that. And no, it wasn't me! Pretty sure I'm not Dory." Taemin rolled his eyes.

     Key looked at the other confused. ".. What? Dory?"

     "You know. The fish? Nemo? Pixar? No?" Taemin tried to jog Key's memory while he just gave him a blank stare in return. "We went to watch it together as kids. Guess it wasn't important to you." Taemin started to fake a cry.

     "Oh no! Taeminnie, of course I-I remember. The fishes, th-they were like swimming and stuff! A-and-"

     Taemin chuckled a little and looked up to face Key. "Umma, it's fine. I was just playing." He looked at the wall clock above their heads. "But I have to get to work now. I might just get a bonus from the boss!"

     Key looked devastated because his emotions were played with. "You better treat me to dinner if you do! After what you've done T.T"

     Taemin gave a peck on Key's forehead. "Of course. I'm leaving now!" He put on his shoes by the entrance and waved the other goodbye. His workplace was about a 10 minute walk away, so off he went.

 

That chick.. or dude for that matter, who was it? Ugh, what wrong with me?!

     Taemin ruffled his hair as he was walking down the city streets, other padestrians paying him no mind. He continued walking with a fuzzy mind, until a display in some electronics store caught his attention. It was about the delay of the concert.

     Geez, he's so stupid to get everyone into this mess. All the managers, the funders, their fans..

     He yelled in his head that it doesn't matter to him! Looking forward, he spotted the sign that hung from the entrance of the cafe he worked at. Yup, that's enough exercise for today.

     "Taemin, welcome back! How's the fever?" The owner of the cafe happily greeted him.

     Taemin couldn't help but smile at the warm welcome. "I feel great now, thanks. Let me just go grab my apron." He made his way to the back, to the employees-only section that was always shrouded in mystery by customers. There, he met some of his female co-workers. They were talking about about the concert delay as well. But there was something else as well, a rumor of some sort that Taemin couldn't make out.

     Hot damn, how famous are these people. Is every person in South Korea going to the concert??

     Moving to the floor, he took the job of taking orders and waiting on customers. Even the customers were talking about the duo. SERIOUSLY, AM I BEING PRANKED? KEY? IS IT YOU? AM I JUST CURSED?

 

After a long day of work and endless frog torment, Taemin finally made his way out of the cafe. He stopped by Lotte to grab some groceries. By groceries, he meant chocolate, bread and more milk. Banana, of course. On the way home, he passed by a news stall. He rarely checks the news but something crazy caught his attention.

     BREAKING: HALF OF FAMOUS DUO, CHOI MINHO DATING SINGER SULLI?

     WHAT.

 

 

Post-A/N: Ok. idk man i just suddenly got motivation to write this fic at 3AM bc sleep is for the weak. and the biggest inspiration comes from sleep deprivation. honestly, i have a vague understanding of how this fic is gonna pan out. i mean it wont pan out much :| but yknow THE PLOT SHALL PROGRESS a little bit. im writing up the next chapter. and honestly im gonna be surprised if i manage to figure how to bring this back orz . old readers, welcome back, and why tbh. new readers, hello welcome to postponing haven. btw u guise can call me Khai ifuwanttoimean