BECAUSE I LOVE YOU

YOU CHANGE MY HEART

Victoria was tossing on the bed side to side; she was not in the mood as soon as she wakes up. Last night her friends call her and ask her if she could hang out with them, and if it’s possible for Nickhun to join them. She likes the fact that she could hang out with her friends ever since she lives with Nickhun, it was hard for her to spare time for her friends, she was not sure if Nickhun will let her go and spend time with her, it will be great if he could come and get to know her friends like how she get to know his friends when they visit them unexpectedly last week. She took a deep sighed.

 

Nickhun who come out from the bathroom heard the deep sighed Victoria let out. He sat side her and busy himself putting his sock and shoe, he once again heard a deep sighed from Victoria.

 

“Is there any problem?” he asks worriedly while putting his necktie.

 

She was awaken when she heard his voice, didn’t notice at all that he was already there. She got up and went to his side when she notices that he was having a hard time putting his necktie.

 

“Here let me help you” quickly took of the necktie from him and put for him. Nickhun smile at her loving and pulled her closer to him while she was busy putting the necktie on him.

 

“What’s with the deep sighed honey?” he asks.

 

Honey! Did she hear it right? Did Nickhun call her Honey? She just ignores him. She doesn’t want to misinterpret him so it’s better if she just stay quite.

 

Nickhun notice the uneasiness that made him worry. “Are you sure you’re okay?” he said while running his hands all over her checking her body temperature.

 

She smiled “I said I’m okay”

 

“Then what’s with the sighed I heard?”

 

Should she tell him about her friend’s plans? But she might get disappointed if Nickhun will say no, so it’s better if she just stay quite. “Don’t mind me, you should get ready you’re going to get late”

 

But Nickhun ignore her last word “I said what it is that makes you bothered like this?”

 

She sighed “my friends want me to hang out with them today” she said and sit of the edge of the bed.

 

Nickhun follow her “so you’re upset that I might not allow you right?

 

She nodded. “They also want to meet you”

“You’re upset that I won’t come with you?” he said.

 

Again she nodded. Nickhun chuckled but Victoria glared at him. “Can I borrow your hand phone for a second I want to call your doctor first before I give you permission to go on a date with your friends?”

 

She happily lends to him her phone. “What is your names friend by the way honey?”

 

“Well, Krystal, Luna, amber and Sulli but Krystal was the one who planned it” she explains

 

He just nodded and browses her phone’s contact number. She just let him do it; there is nothing to hide on her phone. Lips curved a smile when he finally finds out what he was looking for. “Hello” he said “this is Nickhun, yes I heard that you wanted to go on a date with Victoria with me?”  Her eyes were wide open when she heard him talking. “Yes, just wait for us and we will be there” with that he ended the call.

 

“What did you just do?” she ask

 

“I call Krystal to tell them that were going to be there honey”

 

She was dumbfounded “it’s about time that I get a know your friends, your already met mine –“he was about to continue but Victoria cut him off.

 

“Are you serious? They were way too different from your friends”

 

“Who cares, I want to meet them and that’s final” he stated.

 

She looks so helpless. There is nothing wrong on arguing with him “come on cheer up, I’ll promise I behave later okay? I need to go now see you later honey “he said and wink at her .

 

_ _ _ _

 

Nickhun didn’t disappoint Victoria, she pick Victoria in time. They are now arrived at the resto bar along gangnam-gum a place where Victoria and her friends usually hang out. They enter the place holding each other’s hand. Until Victoria caught the sight of her friends waving at them.  “Over here”

 

They both went to their side and greet each other “we miss you Vic” they said and hugged her.

 

“I miss you too guys, by the way this is Nickhun” she said and introduce him to everyone. Nickhun was happy that her friends seem to like him expect for the petite woman on the left of Victoria, ever since Victoria introduce him, he always receive a death glare from her.

 

“Come on lets grab something tasty, we don’t want are pregnant lady to be hungry here” amber tease. They all have a good time enjoying their meal while talking about certain things, but Nickhun felt so uneasy that time, he has no idea why Krystal was giving him those death glare, he didn’t remember doing anything wrong. They arrived at exact time, suddenly Krystal speak about something that caught his attention.

 

“Hey Vic, do you still remember we use to hang out here together with Kyu” Krystal ask

 

“Of course I do” he saw a smile on Victoria’s face when they suddenly talk about her ex – boyfriend.

 

“How can she forget those times like that, she keeps on talking about kyu over and over” Luna suddenly said.

 

“Who will be able to forget your first love that easy, I mean they were about to get married right? Krystal stated while looking at Nickhun. Nickhun on the other hand was having a hard time, he thought that they could get along but it was way too different, yes they are right who will able to forget someone’s first love, but he is trying his best to show to Victoria how much he was willing to make her fall in love with him.

 

“Do you still remember the times when kyu would treat us here and how he had a hard time gaining Krystal approval” amber said

 

“Of course he needs to work hard, I won’t easily give up my best friend” Krystal objected

 

“Yeah, that’s why you give him a hard time” Victoria defended

 

“He deserve that” while talking, a loud applause coming from the stage interrupt them, “ oh looks like there will be a drinking competition again” Krystal stated

 

“ kyu was the undefeated beer drinker her” Luna stated

 

“I remember that, he drink a lot just to defeat Krystal “ sulli stated

 

“That’s because he’s asking my help on how to propose for Vic” she said honestly

 

“Did he?”

 

“Yes he did –“she was about to continue telling the whole story but Nickhun cut him off.

 

“Excuse me ladies, I think Victoria and I should go home now, it’s getting late and she should take a really sleep today” that’s when she realize that Victoria was there, how can she be so stupid and take about kyuhyun in front of him.

 

“Is that so?” Krystal said in a called tone.

 

“yes so will you excuse us” with that he took Victoria’s hand and lend him outside, he couldn’t take it anymore, seeing how happy she was at that time, he couldn’t help get jealous, he wonder what kind of boyfriend kyuhyun was with her, how can he get her friends approval, why they like them so much, he keeps on thinking that until he burst into jealousy which cause him to took away Victoria and made up an alibi so they could go home. On their way home no one talks. Victoria felt guilty she was about to let her friends get to know him, but what happen they all end up reminiscing her past with kyuhyun that cause her to ignore Nickhun.

 

_ _ _ _ _

 

It was exactly one in the morning, when she suddenly awaken by the cold wind that coming from the window, seems like they forget to close the window, she got up from the bed and notice that Nickhun wa not there. She made her way down stair to look for him, there he was sitting alone while drinking, and she went to his side.

 

“You can’t sleep so you end up drinking? She ask

 

Nickhun was startled. He thought that Victoria wont woke up. “Yes I can’t sleep that’s why I want to drink few glasses” he lie, how can he tell her the real reason.

 

She took the glass from him when he was about to sip it again “but you need to wake up early tommorow, so stop drinking and let’s get back to sleep” she pursue

 

Nickhun smiled weakly. “Let me just finish this, and I’ll follow you”

 

She ignores his last words and took a sit next to him “i’ll wait till you finish that”

 

He didn’t answer, silence surround them, Victoria look at him. For the few times they are together she knows when he has a problem “there is something bothering you right?”

 

He didn’t answer. “Come on tell me”

 

“What kind of boyfriend kyuhyun was with you?”

 

She looks at him. What happen to him, why he suddenly asks about kyuhyun? “why?”

 

“I just want to know” he said

 

“Is it about what happen a while ago?”

 

“No, I just want to ask”

 

She cupped his face. “What we have is over; there is no use on talking about it”

 

“But you seems to look so happy when you talk about him with your friends” he said looking at her

 

“Are you jealous?”

 

“Will you believe me, if I say that I am jealous?”

 

Her eyes were wide open when he heard his reply. “Why are jealous?”

 

He didn’t answer him; instead he pulled her close to him. He kissed her full mouth telling her taste the brandy he drinks; it was a breath taking kiss, a kiss that tell her all the answer she needs.

 

“From now, stop talking about him in front of me, all I want to hear is everything about because if it’s about you I do care, want to know why?”

 

“Why?”

 

He didn’t answer her. He just carried her inside their room. He lay her down on the bed and pulled her close to him and kissed her again. He didn’t talk and just let her fall into a deep sleep again, after he was sure that Victoria was asleep, he whisper to her the answer she needed.

 

“Because I love you”