OUR FATEFUL NIGHT

YOU CHANGE MY HEART

He just watches her walk away from him, doubting. Doesn’t he has the same effect with girls, he’s not being boastful or what, but he knew that girls are always smitten by his looks, but no this one. She was different. He can’t stop giggling. It’s been a while seen he spotted her, and he can’t restrain himself anymore, that’s why he was there. He thought he could get her name. Actually, he wanted more than that. But when he approached her, he saw her drinking a bottle of beer. No, she had drunk a lot already when he came to her.

 

She declined his offer to walk her to her cabin. Very, very amusing, he thought as he watched the petite lady with a long shiny black hair stroll further and further away, he was interested so he followed her again.

 

It seems that she drank too much, the path she was walking is not the way back to her cabin, he walked past to catch her up, he was worrying for her, it was too dark outside and she was drank, something might happen to her. He thinks

 

“You’re walking on the wrong direction. There is no cabin in here anymore.” He said when he already catches her.

 

She stops. Look at him, felt annoyed. “Will you just stop following me” she shouted

 

He smiled “I told you, I can’t”

 

“Well, mind your own business and get lost”

 

“I can’t

 

“Stop bugging me, damn it!” she said to his face.

 

He winced, not liking to hear women, especially her curse. And he didn’t like it now. He felt it wasn’t her cursing even if didn’t know her. A ray of moonlight her face, glowing against the creamy skin. Her eyes reminded him of a restless angel one minute, but her was round and bunny like eyes, inquisitive then innocent the next. Her perfect nose was too cute for words, but her pouting mouth was really a work of art.

 

“You shouldn’t say nasty words”, he said softly “it doesn’t suit your angelic face.

 

She looks at the sky as if looking for someone to talk to “OH MY GOD, what kind to punishment in this?”

 

He once again laughed at her antics, now he does not doubt why he follows her, he find this girl really interesting.

 

“I’m not your punishment” he said.

 

Again she glared him a death glare “OH MY GOD, could you please leave me alone, for once, find someone else you can have fun with, not me! Because I’m not in the mood, and I’m not here to entertain you”

 

God, she really was innocent. How old could she be? No. how young?

 

“Why are you here, and alone? Don’t you have any company?

 

“What do you think?” she said sarcastically

 

“I don’t know, you tell me”

 

She sighed deep, she was really annoyed at him “what is it that you really want?”

 

“Nothing, I just want to ask your name?”

 

“Victoria”

 

“Nice name. It suits you”

 

“Who cares?”

 

Again he laughed

 

“Now that you know my name, get lost!” she said, waving her hand motioning him to leave.

 

“I’m Nickhun, by the way

 

“Oh. Puh-leeze” she said exaggerating

 

He doesn’t know if she was really drunk or she was really a stubborn one, but it doesn’t suit her angelic face.

 

“Okay! I’ll leave you but let me at least walk you to your cabin”. He was hoping that she will give in.

 

She was looking at him, no. she was examining him from head to toe, and he chuckled. He will never get bored with this girl he thought. She was an enigma, not to mention she was really beautiful.

 

“If you won’t leave me after this, I’m telling you, you’re really going to get it from me” she warned

 

He smiled and happily nodded his head. They start walking, both of them remained silent, he feels like he was a teenager again, who had his first crush, well, he wasn’t that old. He was only twenty eight and he thought there was nothing wrong in feeling like a teenage boy again, especially with this lady.

 

He tried to make a conversation. “Where’s your company”

 

“I’m alone”

 

He look at her for two reason, first she answer him in a nice way, second they are both alone who went there.

 

“Vacation?”

 

“Mending some wounds”

 

“Oh”, so she was there to heal a broken heart. Maybe that was the reason why she was being irritable “break up?

 

“Kind of “

 

“What a loser, your boyfriend’

 

She nodded. “A total loser”

 

When they reach her cabin, she automatically bid her goodbye “thank you, now you can leave me”

 

“My, my...” he stated “aren’t we being impolite?

 

“I said thank you already” she turns around ready to enter her cabin

 

“Hey wait”

 

“What”

 

“Can I just say goodnight”

 

She stop, she was something in his eyes, something that sparks, something that would be so magical if she let him showed her. She nodded

 

“Goodnight” he said softly. He couldn’t help himself. He slowly lowered his head and kissed her. He felt her stiffen but she didn’t push him away. He prepared himself for a slap from her for what he did. Kissing her was really an aggressive thing to do. They were both strangers to each other but she couldn’t blame him. That was what he wanted to do since he laid his eyes on her.

 

He waited for that slap but I didn’t happen. To his surprise, she slowly kissed him back and until that happen, he meant to savor the moment. He pulled her closer and kissed her even more. He could feel the drumming of her heartbeat. They kissed until he realized they were already inside her cabin.

 

And that night, that fateful night, he was totally lost in the passion they shared.