DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES

YOU CHANGE MY HEART

She was lying on the rattan swing in the rooftop of their house. The ray of lights coming from the sun felt so good on her skin, as if it made her feel relax, all the tension she feels inside her body suddenly disappear. She closed her eyes and slowly her hands trail down its way on her still flat tummy and caressed it.

 

She was thinking lot of things these past few days. Since the last time Nickhun and her talk, she didn’t saw him anymore, she assume that he has no intention regarding their baby.  One thing that also confuses and made her think was the things him and Leetuk talk about. She couldn’t see any reaction on her Oppa even though he saw that Nickhun was not visiting her.

 

Until now, she still think why it was so big deal for Nickhun that she leaves him that morning , he doesn’t even have the guts to show up to her right after he found that she was pregnant.

 

Stop thinking about him Victoria, he’s not worth it

 

“Can I call for a truce?”

 

She quickly open her eyes after she heard the voice, when she look at that person, her heart almost jump out after seeing him, there was the Father of her baby, Nickhun was standing in front of the door. Hands on the pocket.

 

“How come you’re here?”

 

He walks to where she was sitting and sat on the lawn chair. She was confused. Why she was happy after seeing him. She suddenly felt happy with that thought.

 

“Your brother told me you were here. He was the one who let me in”

 

She stares at him “why are you here?”

 

She almost caught her breath when one corner of his mouth tipped up and he chuckled softly. The last time she saw him like that was in Jeju.

 

“I hope we could do some talking that wouldn’t end with us shouting or one of us getting upset”

 

From laying position, she sat on the rattan swing “Okay”. it seems like she mistook him. She thought he won’t show up again.

 

He met her stare and it ridiculously made her uncomfortable. It made her recall the night they shared. She looks away.

 

“I want to be our baby’s father”

 

She quickly looks at him. Her eye brow met “you are the father Nickhun”

 

“Don’t get me wrong. I want to be the father not just biologically. I want to be the Appa, Daddy whatever.

 

Literally her jaw drop, she couldn’t believe with what she just heard, her heartbeat suddenly beat fast. She couldn’t utter any words. She doesn’t know why she feels like there is something in her eyes that sting, something in her heart that hurts, even though she feel that, she know it was only because she was shocked of what she heard.

 

“I want to be a part of the baby’s life, as in every aspect of the baby’s life, and I want you to know that I’ll do whatever it takes to make sure of that”

 

She met his gazes, she was looking at him deeply, asking of he was sure of his words, she couldn’t see any doubt, but she doesn’t even know if she can trust his words, what if she will be just like Seohyun?

 

“It’s up to you, I won’t stop you if that’s what you want to hear, but let me tell you this, I don’t want you to say those words, if you’re not sure. Don’t do it if you just feel obligated”

 

“Of course, I’m obligated, that’s my child”

 

“You don’t understand me” she was getting annoyed “I’m not forcing you to be obligated just because this is your child, for you to understand me, listen.  When we met in Jeju, I was about to get married, but before I was able to get married, I found out that my supposed to be husband, got a girl pregnant, I got to know the girl, what worst is that my supposed to be husband, made a promise to her that he will marry her”

 

There is something about the words she said that made he’s expression loosen up. He became calm. “Did you get my point? she ask, “ if you’re in the same situation, please right now tell me, and one more thing, you said you want to be the father, but that doesn’t mean it only involves material or financial state, you should be like Oppa”

 

She doesn’t know why he smiled again “I don’t have any obligation and as for my commitment to the child that you want, I’ll make a promise on that because that’s what I want too.”

 

That enough for now, she thought. That was the important things for now; they don’t have any emotional attachment with each other for her to hope for more. When he said that things wouldn’t turn out like this, she thinks that he doesn’t want to be obligated with the child but he proves that it was a mistake. She looks at him again. She doesn’t know the guy with him that night. She just ruined his life, somehow she realize that it was her fault.

 

“I’m sorry Nickhun”. He looks at her in the eyes but he didn’t say anything.

 

“I’m sorry for everything; I know I ruined your life”

 

His eyebrow met “you did not ruin my life and I am not sorry” he could see that she was doubting his words.

 

She suddenly become very emotional “really?” she asked, choking the lump in .

 

He nodded “yes”

 

She looks like an idiot that time, she suddenly cries in front of him without knowing why. She thought it was just a normal, all pregnant woman are too emotional that’s what they say. Nickhun saw that, he quickly stand up and went to her side. He holds her hand while his other hand cupped her face.

 

“What’s wrong? Are you in pain? He ask with a worried face.

 

She was crying while smiling, how can she stop the tears from falling? She was looking at the man in front of him, she could see the worried look he posses just now and the way he said those things. How can it be so easy for him to accept all this without regret? He doesn’t get mad at him, just like Leetuk he accept it so easily.

 

Somehow, she felt blessed with what was happening to her right now. Even if the baby wasn’t conceived because of love, she knew the child would grow well- loved and well- taken care of.