WELCOME TO THE FAMLIY

YOU CHANGE MY HEART

She could finally see the view of Nickhun’s house from her position. She wants to run away because of her nervousness, she feel her body stiff from her position.

 

She was thinking of things that might happen once she meets his parents especially his mom, whatever reason she throws at Nickhun she couldn’t do anything but to accompany him. The truth is she was not ready to face his family. What will his mom reaction once she found out that she was pregnant? And what will happen if they found how they met.?

 

What exactly did Nickhun told his parents, for this thing to happen? It will be better if Nickhun told her few days later so that she could be able to prepare herself or maybe she could come up with some excuses.

 

She only find out that the door of the passenger seat was open, and Nickhun was lending his hand in front of her and waiting for her to accept it. “Let’s go”

 

“Wait a second” she was really nervous “I’m not even in proper clothing, is it okay?” she was only wearing a three fourths sleeve blouse and a pair of slacks.

 

“Well, I know what’s underneath here” he said while caressing her tummy. “Anyway, you look fine alright? There’s nothing to worry”

 

“Easy, for you to say” she snapped, trying to ease her own tension.

 

He laughed “let’s go”. He pulled her while holding her hands. They made their way in front of door. They suddenly stop in front of the closed door. “For you not to be nervous” to her surprise, he held her arms, angled her in front of him and kissed her full on the lips.

 

That was really a good way of easing her tensions. But then again, she realized it only made her heart pound even more. It sent thousand shivers down her spine just like when he first her. She automatically closed her eyes.

 

Before she knew it, the kiss had ended “better?” he asked as he caressed her cheeks.

 

She took a deep breath and both of them exchange gazes before he opened the door. He led the way as they stepped inside and her hear started to pound again.

 

The interior of the house was breathtaking but she was consumed by worry to notice the beauty of it. And then she was a group of people who turned their attention to them when Nickhun shut the door.

 

She couldn’t think of anything that the moment aside from running away when she notice an old woman. She was sure that it was Nickhun’s Mom.

 

She feel that Nickhun tighten his hold on her hand, somewhat it made her lessen the nervous she feels. She feels that every step she makes was so hard.

 

“You must be Victoria” a girl around sixteen years old talk to her. “Hi my name is Cherleen, please be patient with my brothers, there are time that he really do stupid things” then she offered her hand for a hand shake.

 

She instantly like this girl. She knew that it was Nickhun’s Sister. She didn’t expect that she will like her on the very first meeting. That also made her lessen the nervous she feel and gladly accept her hand,

 

“Nice to meet you Cherleen” I can do this

 

“Is she the one you told me about, Nickhun? She heard the question. When the old woman moves closer to them, she notices where Nickhun inherit his nose and eyes.

 

“Yes, mom this is my girlfriend Victoria”

 

If not for the situation, maybe she take notice on how Nickhun said the word “ girlfriend”, it was so natural for him to say those words and she didn’t even feel that he was forced to said those words.

 

She smiled at his mom and forced herself to calm before asking her for a shake hands. She also did the same thing with his dad. After a minute, his dad ask them to join them for dinner, they made their way to the dining table. Nickhun hand where on her waist while they are walking.

 

While eating even though she won’t look up she could feel Mrs. Vera eyes on her, she notice that the way she look at her was like examining a figure, she was looking at her from head to toe not missing any single spot, while Nickhun and his Dad was busy talking about business. There is a long silence that surround around Mrs. Vera which scare her.

 

“What do you do, Victoria? Mr. Horvejkul ask when he turn his attention to Victoria,

 

“I’m a preschool teacher sir”

 

“A very noble profession, my mother was also a teacher and by the way Victoria, there is no use to be too formal with me, call me dad, it seems that you will end up being my daughter in law by the looks of it”

 

They all laugh with Mr. Horvejkul statement; she was thinking if she could believe those words.

 

“Unnie, if you don’t mind, can you please teach Oppa some good manners and right conduct. He really needs those things” Cherleen joke

 

The dining room was filled with laughter, even Nickhun laughed wholeheartedly, so that’s how family was when they are eating dinner together, she was use to dine with her brother ever since her parents die. She imagined the times when they eat together and have fun together, but their faces weren’t clear from her memory, she somewhat feel sad, for sure if her parents were still alive they will dine like this, joked around and share a lot of things together.

 

She feel Nickhun hands over hers, he was squeezing her hand tightly. She lift her head and Nickhun smiling at her, he lean on closer to her and whisper “they like you”

 

She quickly turn her gaze on Mrs. Vera who are looking at them, she has no clue on what Mrs. Vera thinks about her, she never say a word after Nickhun introduce her as his girlfriend, she was sure that a lot of things are running on her mind right now and she has no clue for it.

 

“I’m glad to see my son with a girl like you” Mrs. Vera told her “ I always told her to find someone perfect for her, and as I can see you perfectly fit with my son, like what your dad said, there is no need to be formal with me, call me mom” Mrs. Vera told her.

 

“Me too unnie, I’m glad to see Oppa with you, I hate it when he was with some random cheap girls.

 

She heard the loud laugh coming from Nickhun, even his parents join him to laugh, but she couldn’t shake off the things that Mrs. Vera told her, there were no sign of pretension. She never expect to hear those words, all the worried and uneasiness she feel that time was blown away by the warm welcome she receive. Nickhun was right they will like her.

 

“Seems like my son know how to choice a woman” Mr. Horvejkul said proudly

 

“That’s right. I wouldn’t forgive your son if he chose some random girls, I’m glad she met Victoria”

 

She throws at them her signature sweet smile. She feels nice that they didn’t treat her bad but something crossed her mind, will they think the same if they found out that she was pregnant?

 

“Welcome to the family, Victoria”

 

“T-thank you” she secretly caressed her tummy. It was still unnoticeable that she was pregnant because her tummy wasn’t big yet but to her surprised Nickhun did the same thing, they both look in each other eyes and Nickhun plant a sweet kiss on her lips “thank you”

 

She has no clue why she thank her. She just smiled at him and continue eating that evening was filled with laughter and jokes. She wishes that they could always have this kind of time together. She prays that like her they will be able to accept the baby she was carrying like how Nickhun accept his child.