Who's It Going To Be?

Neverland~Angels Against the Fallen

Hoon put me gently on the ground outside the cottage, flying away as soon as he knew my feet were planted firmly. I didn’t understand why he was on edge; maybe he was afraid of Prince Alexander? I didn’t see why he’d have to be scared of him, he seemed nice enough. Oh well, now it’s just waiting for Alexander and Dongho to show up and because I wasn’t 100% sure what their total powers were, I didn’t know how they’d arrive.

“Autumn, it’s nice to see you again”, a voice behind me said. I turned around to see Alexander with Dongho by his side. “Prince Alexander, Dongho, how nice of you to stop by. Thanks for your hospitality”, I replied bowing. “Oh the cottage? You’re welcome”, Alexander said with a smile. “Have you figured out a way to get me out of here yet?” They shook their heads.

“Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be a way to get you out of here, but I won’t stop until you’re safely back in your own world. That’s my top priority right now.” I probably had a noticeable look of disappointment on my face because Dongho said, “So it seems you’ve met the angels and the fallens.” I nodded. “That’s uh, part of the reason I want to leave.” They cocked their heads to the side. “What did they do now?” “Nothing, I just want to go home.”

I suddenly started to feel homesickness and tears were threatening to overflow out of my eyes. Where was Soohyun when you needed him? “Shh, don’t cry Autumn. Look, we’ll figure out something. In the meantime, you need to figure out which side you want to apart of.” I was a little confused as to what he meant. “Which side I want to be apart of?” “The angels or the fallen angels”, Dongho clarified. “I’m human!! Why do I want to apart of either side?!” “It might make living here for the time being easier if you know which side you’re on”, Alexander explained.

“Can’t I just stay neutral? I like being human.” They just rolled their eyes. “To put it simply, life here will be like hell if you stand in the middle of the immortals. They’ll fight to win you over and in turn cause immense chaos in Neverland.” I puffed out my cheeks in frustration. Alexander was really getting on my nerves this morning.

“Fine, I want to be part of the angels because they’re the only ones who’ve been nice to me.” “Woah you can’t just pick which one you want to belong to.” “But you just said--” “I know what I said. You have to be accepted into their group. You have to show them why you belong with them.” “And how do I do that?” “You have to go through several trials to show them your special skills and attributes.”

I was getting pissed now. “Hold up just a minute. I didn’t come here on purpose. I DON’T EVEN WANT TO BE HERE!! So I’m as hell not going to go through a bunch of stupid trials to prove that I’m worthy of anyone. So instead of bossing me around, figure out a way to get me the hell home!!” “You’re brave to speak to me like that. Autumn, I will warn you once and only once; know who your enemies are because in Neverland, they can make your life a living hell.” And with that, they left.

“What the hell?? That guy has totally lost his marbles”, I seethed, returning to the comforts of the cottage. I walked into the bedroom, flopping down on the freshly made bed, laying my hands across my stomach. I was just about to fall asleep when I heard the faintest noise from outside; like the sound of wings. I stayed completely silent, listening for any voices. Then I heard the cottage door open and close. I became frightened and grabbed the nearest weapon I could find; a pillow. I quietly opened the bedroom door still listening for any noises. Suddenly someone grabbed me from behind. I tried to scream, but the person’s hand covered my mouth. I could only breathe through my nose, inhaling a strong cologne scent, totally different from the scent that came from the angels.

The figure whispered in my ear, “Calm down, I’m not going to hurt you.” His voice sounded familiar, but I couldn’t identify it. He finally dropped his hand from my mouth, allowing me to turn around to get a look at him.

“Eli?” He nodded. “What do you want”, I asked cautiously. “I wanted to see if you were alright, after what happened yesterday with Kibum hyung. I apologize on behalf of him.” “Oookaay, so you almost suffocated me to death to apologize to me?” “Well you always scream when you see us and I didn’t want any of the angels to come to your rescue when they have nothing to rescue you from”, he replied, nervously scratching the back of his head. “Well, you haven’t given me a reason to be afraid of you or AJ, yet.” “We’ll try not to hah. Well, I better go since I know you’re okay.” “Okay, oh wait before you go. I wanted to know what powers you and the other two fallen angels possess.” Eli smirked proudly. “I thought you’d never ask. I can create natural disasters, Kibum hyung has power over fire, and AJ is extremely intelligent.”

“Hmm, intelligent you say. I love smart guys”, I said with a wink. Eli looked at me shocked. “I’m kidding, although I do like guys who are intelligent.” “What kind of guys do you like”, he questioned. “A guy who looks and acts all tough, but is really sweet and dorky.” “Interesting I’ll keep that in mind. I’ll be going now. Good bye Autumn.” “Bye Eli.”

Eli POV

So she likes sweet, but tough guys. I’ll show her I can be her ideal type. Just wait and see.