Safe In His Arms

Neverland~Angels Against the Fallen

Autumn POV

All I remember about last night was me running through the dark forest and Hoon finding me. The rest was a little fuzzy. That’s why I was more than surprised to wake up in the cottage with Hoon laying beside me fast asleep. What the heck went on last night? I sighed and rubbed my temples as I tried to recall last night’s events. I must’ve sighed louder than I intended to because Hoon’s eyes fluttered open. “Good morning Autumn. How did you sleep”, he asked, rubbing his sleepy eyes. “I slept like I haven’t been able to sleep in my entire life. Not that I’m complaining, but why were you sleeping next to me”, I questioned. He nervously rubbed the back of his head. “Oh that, see Kevin sung you to sleep and you basically passed out on the ground so I carried you in here, but you wouldn’t let me leave so I stayed the night.” “Kevin’s powers work from so far away”, I asked with wide eyes. He nodded. “I’ll have to have a talk with Kevin later”, I thought to myself.

“Are you hungry”, Hoon asked out of the blue. “Uh, yeah I guess. I mean I don’t think I’ve eaten since I got here”, I said rubbing my stomach. “Well then let’s go”, he replied, grabbing my wrist. “Go? Where?” “To our castle of course. Kevin makes the best breakfasts.” “But, even Soohyun said it’s a day’s walk from here.” “Who said anything about walking”, he said with a sly smirk. He pulled me along by my wrist until we were outside where he picked me up bridal style, spreading out his glowing white wings. My eyes widened as what was about to happen registered in my mind. Before I could protest, he leapt from the ground and into the air.

The morning air was freezing and the rush of wind that occurred because of Hoon’s wings just made it even colder. I started to shiver and hung tighter to Hoon’s body, burying my face in his chest to keep the wind from hitting my face. I could feel his arms wrap around me a little tighter. In a matter of a few minutes, he landed safely on the ground. I have never been so happy to see solid ground in my life. “Sweet land”, I exclaimed kissing the grass. “Hey, my flying isn’t that bad.” I stood up and gave him a smirk. “I know, I’m just kidding.” He ruffled my hair. “Come on, let’s go eat before breakfast gets cold.” I nodded as he led me into the castle. I ‘oohed’ and ‘awed’ at everything I saw in it. I could barely hear Hoon chuckle at my admiration of his home; a place he gets to see everyday. As we rounded the corner into the kitchen, I could smell the wonderful aromas of food, making my empty stomach growl.

“Autumn”, Kiseop exclaimed when he saw me. He ran up, wrapping me in a big bear hug. Hoon was walking over to his chair at the table and I could’ve sworn I saw Kevin wiggle his eyebrows at him. This place is making me see weird things. “Autumn, are you hungry”, Kevin asked. I nodded, pouting my lips and patting my tummy. “Aigoo so cute”, he said coming over to pinch my cheeks. I smiled at him and took a seat next to Soohyun and Kiseop. Kevin, with his cute apron, served us a breakfast of eggs, pancakes, bacon, toast, and orange juice. I didn’t now how they had access to this kind of food, but I was too hungry to care. I dug into my food immediately. I knew I was eating like a pig, but I hadn’t eaten in over two days so they would surely understand.

“So how did you sleep last night”, Kevin asked me, shooting a quick smirk at Hoon who glared back at him. Soohyun was clearly confused at why Kevin asked the question the way he did. “Kevin-ah, tell me you didn’t put Autumn to sleep last night”, he said in a stern leader voice. Kevin slunk in his chair. “Maybe”, he answered in a quiet voice. Soohyun just rolled his eyes. “It’s okay Soohyun oppa. Thankfully, Hoon was there. I’m glad he showed up when he did. I had a very unexpected visit from the fallen angels last night.” Everyone but Hoon’s eyes widened. “Did they do anything to you”, Kevin asked worriedly. “No, I ran out into the forest before Kibum could do anything. Eli and AJ didn’t seem to have any interest in me.” Loud thunder was heard outside and it was windy; almost like a hurricane. I looked to Kiseop, who had his hands clenched in fists. “Kiseop calm down. You’re causing a thunderstorm”, Soohyun stated putting a comforting hand on Kiseop’s shoulder, immediately relaxing his mood, turning the weather outside back to sunny and bright.

I looked to Hoon, whose face had a completely blank expression on it. Just as quickly as it appeared, it was gone and his expression was back to normal. “Guys, we’d better take Autumn back to the cottage. I just read Alexander’s mind. He and Dongho are headed that way to talk to her.” The other angels got surprised looks on their handsome faces. “Only one of us needs to go so who wants to do it”, Soohyun asked. I hoped that Hoon volunteered to take me back. “I’ll be happy to do it”, Hoon replied to me with a smirk. “Yah, stay out of my thoughts”, I said sticking my tongue out at him. He just laughed.

“You’d better go because it won’t take them long to reach the cottage." Hoon nodded and walked out of the castle with me. Once again he picked me up in his arms and took to the skies. I snuggled my head in his chest again. I could feel him laugh. I looked up to meet his face. “What are you laughing about”, I asked with an annoyed look. “It’s not even cold anymore and yet you still you bury your face in my chest. If I didn’t know better, I’d say you like me.” “Well you can read minds so you tell me what I would say”, I said, smirking. Hoon chuckled again and brought his face close to mine; close enough that our noses were touching. My cheeks became blushed and I hid my face in his chest again.

Although we just met, I feel something for Hoon, but I’m just not sure what that something is yet.