It All Becomes Clear

Neverland~Angels Against the Fallen

Autumn POV

"Eww I can't believe you just ate that", I exclaimed as Kiseop gobbled down a piece of pancake that had fallen on the floor. "Five second rule remember", he replied smiling. "Ugh why did I ever tell you about that", I said shaking my head, but laughing while smiling back at him. The other angels just laughed along.

That morning, I had woken to the angelic faces that only belonged to the angels themselves. Kevin had somehow managed to get out of bed without waking me; I'm a light sleeper, and brought me breakfast in bed. So now here the five of us sit, on my bed eating our delicious breakfast and laughing at each other. These are the few moments I'm going to miss when and if I return home.

As I swallowed a gulp of orange juice, I noticed that Hoon's face had gone completely blank. Over these past few weeks, I've become accustomed to Hoon's blank expressions; usually nine times out of ten it meant he was reading someone's mind; I just hoped it wasn't mine.

Soohyun must've noticed as well because he said, "Whose thoughts are you picking through now?" Hoon's expression turned dark as he got up and ran out of my bedroom door. The three boys and I just looked at each other, shrugged our shoulders, and ran out after him.

Hoon was headed for the front door. As we got to the last step on the stairs, he threw it open, revealing Eli who was just about to knock; oh . This is not good.

"Oh ahem, hello", Eli said, nervously. Hoon just glared at him. Soohyun and Kiseop didn't know what to make of this and Kevin just shot me a confused look. I shrugged my shoulders. "What do you want, trouble maker", Hoon scoffed. "Can--can I come in?" "Why should we let you in", Kiseop asked in a heated tone.

Eli just glanced at me apologetically. I knew I had to intervene. "Guys please let him in. He won't cause any trouble." "How do you know that", Hoon asked me. "I just do", I said a little harsher than I intended.

Soohyun sighed. "Well I guess if Autumn trusts him, we should too. Come in Eli, but if this is a trick, you'll be sorry." Eli bowed and walked in cautiously.

I could feel someone burning a hole in the back of my head. I turned around and Hoon was glaring at me. I let the others go into the kitchen and I stayed behind.

"What's wrong", I asked Hoon in my thoughts. "Why do you want him here? He's just looking for trouble", he thought back. "I don't think so. You should give him a chance. He's really not as evil as you think." "What are you two like "buddy buddy" now or something?" "Yes actually. What's it to you?" Hoon grabbed me by the shoulders and stared straight into my eyes; his expression pleading.

"Autumn, listen to me. Don't trust him. He and the rest of the fallen angels are nothing but trouble." I roughly removed his hands. "No Hoon you listen to me!! You never even gave the fallen angels a chance. You just assumed they were bad just because they're different from you. Sure I don't trust Kibum as far as I could throw him and I'm not sure about AJ, but I like Eli, okay. And you wanna know something?! I trust him and that should be good enough for you", I thought back angrily.

"Why are you so attached to him?" "Because--". I couldn't tell Hoon about Eli being human; that's in Eli's place to say. "Because he's not what you think he is. On the inside, he's really sweet." "What are you like in love with him or something?" I couldn't look Hoon in the eyes when he asked me that. "No--no that's silly." "Then why can't you look at me Autumn?! Look at me and tell me you don't have feelings for Eli."

"I can't", I whispered out loud. "What did you say?" "I said I can't!! I can't tell you I don't have feelings for Eli because I do!! We kissed last night. There I said it!! We kissed and it was something I've never felt before. I really like Eli and he's just something you'll never be."

And I said this all out loud for everyone to hear. The three angels and Eli came running out to where Hoon and I were standing. Hoon however, just looked at me with a pained expression on his face. That's when I finally realized what I had done. "Ho--Hoon I'm sor--" "Save it", he replied, hurt.

"I kissed her", Eli suddenly blurted out. We all turned to look at him. "Huh", everyone asked in unison. "I--I kissed Autumn. I knew I shouldn't have but I like her. And I have something else to tell everyone, but you might want to have a seat for this."

We all looked at each other unsure and walked to the kitchen and sat down at the dining table and listened to Eli as he began his story.