The Angels' Powers

Neverland~Angels Against the Fallen

AJ POV

We just had a run-in with Soohyun and his gang of “I can do no wrong” angels. Psh, they sicken me with their always cheerful and sunny attitudes. We’ll have to wait until they fly back to their castle before we can go “introduce” ourselves to our new neighbor. Right now, we were just flying around, so boring. My wings were getting tired and I wanted to go home.

“Hyung, we’ve been flying around for hours now. I’m sure the angels are gone by now”, I complained. “Gone from where”, Kibum turned to me with a confused look on his face. “What do you mean gone from where? Alexander’s cottage where the human girl is living, duh”, I replied. “There’s a human living in Alexander’s cottage?! Why didn’t you tell me sooner!?” Eli and I exchanged perplexed glances. “Uh, hyung we did tell you. Why do you think we’ve been flying around for so long”, Eli asked our leader. “That’s exactly what I thought we were doing; just flying around.” I looked at Eli and in unison we said between gritted teeth, “Hoon.”

Autumn POV

The angels took me out of the cottage, hidden by the nearby forest so the fallen angels wouldn’t see us, and demonstrated their powers for me. First up, Kiseop and his weather controlling awesomeness.

“Alright, watch the sky closely”, he instructed. My eyes glued themselves to the view above me and the sun was shining brightly, then all a sudden a whole bunch of clouds appeared. They looked just like normal clouds, except for their rapid movements. A few clouds transformed themselves into little animals; first a bunny, then a turtle, and finally a puppy. They were so cute!! “Kiseop, they’re adorable”, I exclaimed, never taking my eyes off the sky. Then the scenery changed. Instead of cute animals, Kiseop had shape shifted the clouds in the form of a name; Autumn. I blushed seeing my own name written in the sky.

“Yah, show off. My turn”, Soohyun said annoyed. I chuckled at Soohyun’s small hint of jealousy. He turned to me and focused on my face, just as Hoon did earlier. His eyebrows were scrunched up as he concentrated. Suddenly, I felt like crying, tears threatening to flow out my eyes. They started trickling down my cheeks. As soon as it started, it was gone and I felt happy and lighthearted again.

“Hyung, why are you making her cry”, Kevin came up to my side and comforted me. “Well it’s better than making her angry. Wouldn’t you say”, Soohyun replied sarcastically. Kevin just stuck his tongue out at his leader. “Okay, it’s my turn now”, he said. He stood in front of me and started singing a soft ballad. My eyelids suddenly felt heavy and all I wanted to do was sleep. My body started to become weak as I crashed down to the ground, Kiseop catching me once again before I could fall; my limp, sleeping body in his strong arms.

Kevin stopped singing and I turned back to normal again. I smiled as Kiseop set me back upright. “You guys are amazing. I’m really jealous; all I am is a boring human.” “That’s not true. Humans are just as interesting as us angels or any immortal for that fact”, Kevin explained. “Well, I don’t have cool abilities like you do.” “That doesn’t matter. Humans have created so many wonderful things with their own hands. Everyone is special in their own way”, leader Soohyun said.

I felt content spending time with these guys and not just because Soohyun made me feel happy. I completely forgot about the possibly of being stuck here forever and I almost forgot about the fallen angels. I liked the angels, even though we just met. Kevin was sweet and definitely fit the stereotype of a typical angel. Kiseop was helpful and comical. Soohyun was a take charge kind of guy, being the leader, and he was comforting. Hoon, well I couldn’t read him that much. He seemed standoffish and unsure of me, just as much as how I was unsure about him. Like the others though, he had a handsome and angelic appearance. “Thanks for the compliment”, Hoon said out of blue. “Huh? What compli...hey that’s not fair”, I whined. “Oh yeah, we forgot to warn about what you can think about around here. It’s hard to have personal thoughts when you live with a mind reader”, Kiseop said. “I’ll remember that for next time”, I said shooting a look at Hoon, who just smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

“Well, we hate to leave you by yourself, but it’s getting late and we usually don’t like flying at night”, Kevin said. “Oh, do you guys really have to go”, I asked sadly. “Yes, but we can come back tomorrow and hang out some more if you want”, Kiseop replied, trying to brighten the mood. “Okay, I’d like that.” “Until tomorrow Autumn, by far the most beautiful season and girl there ever was”, Soohyun said, kissing the top of my hand again. I felt my cheeks burn with embarrassment as they opened their glowing white wings and took off into the sky.

Hoon POV

We just left Autumn for the night, hoping she’d be safe from the fallen angels. So she thinks I’m standoffish? Hmm, well I didn’t mean to come off as such, but I guess I was just shy around her. I’ve never met a girl, let alone a human one before so she’ll take some getting used to.

“Yah, hyung!! What was that all about”, Kiseop suddenly yelled to our leader. “What was what”, he replied smiling. “You know what.” “Are you jealous Kiseop-sshi?” “N--noo”, Kiseop stuttered. I read his mind. “Yes, how could you think that she’d like you instead of the rest of us!?” I smirked, but I kept my mouth shut. Truth be told, I think all of us are captivated by Autumn. She is quite beautiful and very interesting. She is more exquisite than most of the creatures that live here in Neverland.

We continued flying until we reached our castle. We went to our respective bedrooms and as soon as I crawled into bed, I fell asleep, but I didn’t get to sleep for long.