Meeting Face to Face Pt. 2

Neverland~Angels Against the Fallen

Eli POV

Hidden by the cover of nightfall, we watched until the angels flew back to their castle. We intended to give our new neighbor a traditional fallen angel greeting. “Alright, they left. Let’s go”, Kibum announced. Because of Hoon’s little memory erasing stunt, we had to re-explain everything to him. Flying made too much noise so we walked quietly up to the cottage. We noticed an open window so we crawled through. One by one, we tiptoed through the cottage, looking for the human girl. “Hyung, she’s not here”, AJ stated after we’d examined every room in the cottage. Just then, we heard the front door open and close, then footsteps getting closer and closer until-- “AHHHHH!!!”

I ran over and clamped a hand over . “Shhhh, we’re not going to hurt you”. She looked at me with frightened blue eyes. “Are you going to scream again”, I asked. She shook her head no. I dropped my hand from her face. She still looked at us with uncertain eyes. “Fallen angels”, she asked pointing towards our trio. “The one and onlys”, Kibum replied. “Wha---what do you want with me?” “What, can’t we greet our new neighbor”, he asked innocently.

Autumn POV

These fallen angels were intimidating with their all black attire and their midnight black wings. To tell the truth, I was very frightened of them, yet I didn’t know why I had to be scared in the first place. It wasn’t like they kidnapped me or tried anything funny with me. I guess it was just something the angels said, about how they liked to cause trouble. I was so lost in my own thoughts, I had completely forgot they were even there.

“So what’s your name”, one of them, a fallen angel with short black hair, asked sweetly. “I’m Autumn”, I replied cautiously. “I’m Eli”, he told me. “That’s AJ and our leader, Kibum”, he said pointing to the fallen angel with short brown hair and then one with short black hair like himself. “So how do you like the angels so far? Aren’t they a pain? Their “good will” gets on my nerves”, Kibum asked, circling me like I was his prey. I backed away towards the front door. “Uh, well, they seem nice, I guess.” “Meh, you’ll soon see what a pain they are”, he said shrugging his shoulders. The only one paying any attention, too much attention for that matter, to me was Kibum. AJ and Eli were too busy exploring the cottage. Once in awhile they’d look me up and down, then they’d return their gazes to something else.

“We’ve never had a human before”, Kibum said, smirking devilishly. “In Neverland”, Eli added. I looked at them confused. “We’ve never had a human in Neverland before”, AJ finally reassured. Kibum just rolled his eyes. “Look, I don’t want any trouble, so you guys should just leave before-- “Before what? You call the angels to save you. Ha, puny human girl. Even the angels can’t save you now”, Kibum retorted.

I gulped and backed further towards the door as Kibum walked towards me, a hungry look in his dark eyes. Turning his head back to his fellow fallen angels he said, “What do you say, guys. Here or back at the castle?” “I won’t no part of this”, AJ replied. Kibum snarled at his dongsaeng. “Same here. Let’s go hyung”, Eli added in. “Oh well, more for me then”, he said, turning his attention back to me. I reached behind my back to feel for the doorknob. As quietly as I could manage, I turned it and once I knew it would open, I burst out the door and into the night, running as fast as my legs could carry me into the dark forest.

If I could hide out here until morning or at least until one of the angels finds me, I should be safe. I couldn’t hear if Kibum was behind me. All I could hear was my pounding heart and my feet as I ran along the forest floor. I stopped to catch my breath and to listen for any sign of Kibum, AJ, or Eli. I found a tree stump to sit on. I listened for any movement, even of an animal rustling through the trees. A few short minutes later and I hadn’t heard anything. Just as I was about to walk back in the direction of the cottage, I heard the crunching of leaves, far too big to be a small animal. It was coming closer and closer towards me. I started fast walking in the opposite direction, but to my dismay, the creature sped up its pace too. Soon, it was like it was right behind me, closer than my own shadow. It was even closer than that because it grabbed me from behind, knocking me down into the dirt covered ground.