Date With a Demon

Neverland~Angels Against the Fallen

Just like I said, when the sun started to set, I waited for Eli by the main entrance to the castle. I told the angels that I was going for a walk around the castle grounds and that I'd be back later. Knowing, Hoon, he probably read my mind and knew everything. If he did, he didn't say anything.

As he promised, Eli was there right as the sun set over the mountains. "Ready to go?" I nodded and he scooped me up and flew away.

For some unknown reason, I felt safe with Eli, despite what the angels say about their counterparts. We flew for a good twenty minutes and I got nervous as to where he was taking me. A few minutes later and we arrived in a small clearing off the main forest. When we landed, that's when I noticed a small structure.

"I built a small cottage out here for when I get tired of the castle. It's like my home away from home", Eli said leading me towards the tiny house.

He pushed open the door and I was actually surprised at how roomy it was compared to what you'd think from just looking at the exterior.

"I'm a little rusty at dating, but I hope this is okay", Eli said gesturing to the small table that was alight with candles shaped in a heart.

"Eli, its perfect", I exclaimed. Truth be told I've never been on a real date so this was all new to me. I sat down on the cushion that was placed on the floor as Eli sat opposite me.

"It's not too cheesy is it?" I shook my head. "It's sweet. I would never have thought you the romantic type." "Then there's a lot you don't know about me. I've been told by women that I act masculine and tough, but I'm really sweet and funny." "Really?! That's exactly what my ideal type is....wait, I told you what my ideal type was, didn't I?" He nodded and then chuckled.

"Oh I see what you did there. Nice try mister." "So I want to know more about you Autumn." The statement was so random and sudden, I was taken aback. And the fact that it wasn't a question made it more suspicious, until he added, "If you want to talk about it."

"Well there's not really much to talk about. I have a mom, dad, older brother, and a dog. I'm a senior in high school and I've never dated before." "Really?! That really surprises me why any guy wouldn't want to date you." "It's not that. I mean I've gotten a few offers to dances and stuff, but I really didn't like any of the guys and truthfully I focused hard on school. I never had much of a social life apart from a few close friends, but that's about the extent of it."

"Well any guy who dates you better treat you well and with respect or I'll send a tsunami his way." I giggled. "I'll make sure to forewarn him then."

"So what about you? Tell me some things about your life, you know, before everything happened." "I'm like you; mom and dad, older brother. But my parents always compared my brother and I. My hyung, Eric was always the overachiever and had to be the best in everything he did. And as you can imagine, that was a pretty hard expectation to live up to, so when I wanted to quit high school and become an actor, well, you can just imagine what my parents had to say to that." "They didn't approve?" Eli shook his head. "Not one bit. They said I had to think realistically and think about my future family. They told me that wanting to become an actor was all just a phase and I'd grow out of it. So to satisfy their high standards of me, I took up an internship at my uncle's law firm."

"How did that go?" "I hated it. It was pure torture going in there every day. But because it's what my parents wanted, I stuck with it. The only thing keeping me sane was practicing acting on the side without my parents knowing." "Did they ever find out?" "Oh yeah and I have my oh so perfect older brother to thank for that. He was home from Princeton and somehow he'd found my secret stash of the scripts I was currently studying. Right away, he tattled on me to our parents and I was grounded for five months. If that wasn't bad enough, they made me take up extra hours at the law firm plus they made me watch as they burned my scripts."

I was shocked. "Oh my God!! That's horrible!!" "Yeah I was furious with them. So once I turned eighteen, I moved out and stayed with my friend for a couple months until I saved up enough money to buy my own place." "If you're so angry with your parents, then why do you want to go home so badly?" At this he turned to me, looking deeply into my eyes. "They're my parents Autumn. Sure, they didn't approve of my interests and I was always a disappointment to them, but I still love and miss them."

"Well I'm thankful then that my parents aren't like that." He laughed. "Well your parents aren't Korean either." I looked at him confused. "Let me explain. Asian parents are really strict when it comes to their children's education and future." "My parents were never like that. They didn't need to be; I always was meticulous about my school work."

"I don't get it." "Get what", I asked. "Back when I was just a human, I could never be attracted, much less like, smart girls; girls that only focused on school and grades." "I'm lost." "What I'm trying to say is, I like you Autumn. A lot actually."

I was absolutely stunned. I just stared at him, not able to form coherent words, much less a sentence. "Eli, I---I don't know what to say." He put a finger to my lips. "You don't need to say anything. I just wanted to get it out in the open, that's all." "It's just, I don't know what to say." "It's alright if you don't feel the same way. Trust me, I've been rejected before. What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger."

He smiled his perfectly gorgeous smile at me. "Oh before I forget, I want to give you something." Eli pulled something off of his neck and placed it in my palm. In the candlelight, I noticed it was a necklace with a cross pendant on it. When I looked closer, I noticed it was inscribed with the words, "Ellison Kim; our angel".

"Eli, I can't take this. Your parents gave this to you." "I know, that's why I want you to have it. That way you'll always have a small reminder of me wherever you go", he replied taking the necklace and placing it around my neck. "Kind of ironic, don't ya think? Calling me their angel, considering what I am now."

I still couldn't believe that Eli gave me the one thing that still kept him close to his parents, at least in spirit. So I did what anyone would do if someone gave them a priceless gift; I gave him the biggest hug I could muster up.

Eli POV

Suddenly, she just hugged me. And you know what? I hugged her back. In that moment it felt so right.

When she pulled back, I looked into her eyes; those beautiful blue eyes filled with so much pain and sorrow. Without thinking, I leaned in and captured her lips.

She was obviously surprised because I could feel her hesitation and when she started backing away, I closed my eyes tighter and deepened the kiss as much as I could. Eventually I felt her put feeling into the kisses.

Autumn POV

After we pulled apart from the hug, Eli kissed me. I felt a bit hesitant and I knew he must've felt it too because as I started to pull away, he deepened the kisses even more. At that point, I knew it was pointless to fight it, so I gave in to my feelings and returned the passionate kiss. Oh, and trust me, it was absolutely nothing like Hoon's kiss.

While Hoon's was innocent and filled with concern, Eli's contained a fiery passion and a hidden lust in it.

Narrator POV

As Eli and Autumn kissed in that small cottage in the middle of the forest, they didn't even realize that someone was watching them and heard everything that was said.