It's War

Neverland~Angels Against the Fallen

Autumn POV

Even though I was happy Eli was living with us in the castle, it was kind of awkward. Hoon has been avoiding me since he came and every now and again, I'd catch him glaring at Eli whenever he and I were hanging out or talking; jealousy lining every feature of his handsome face.

At times I felt bad for falling for Eli because of Hoon. It's not like I wanted to have feelings for him, it just happened.

It was about a week after Eli had started staying with us. Kevin and I were sitting in the gazebo swing that was in his garden. We were admiring all of the flowers he'd planted. The weather was perfect, which meant Kiseop was in a good mood. All of a sudden, we heard thunder and shortly after that, lightning lit up the sky. Yelling could be heard from the castle. Kevin and I looked at each other and went inside to see what happened.

"I told you leave me alone. Ever since he came here, you've been a pain in my ", we could hear someone yell down the hall. We turned the corner and opened the library door. There we saw Kiseop and Hoon going at it in an argument. That would explain the sudden change in the weather.

"I don't trust him!! I can feel it in my gut, but no one wants to listen to me!!! He's bad news and you know it as well as I do", Hoon spat out. "Will you let it go. We have no other choice. Soohyun is our leader and what he says goes." Hoon scoffed. "You really think Soohyun wanted him here?! Autumn wanted him here so Soohyun gave in."

"I'm standing right here", I screamed. They both turned, not realizing we were in the doorway. "I know you're mad because I chose Eli over you but you don't have to be an ."

Hoon's expression went blank. "Hey I'm talking to you", I yelled as I ran over to him and shook him roughly. Someone pulled me back. I turned around and saw Kevin with a small smile on his face. I relaxed a little. Then Hoon's face returned to normal, but his expression was twisted in a horrific way.

"Hoon what is it", Kevin asked concerned. "The fallen angels", he barely squeaked out. "What about them", Kiseop asked. "They're--they're planning a war against us", he replied gulping back fear. The three of us looked at him with wide eyes.

"Are you positive", Kevin asked gripping my shoulders a little tighter. Hoon nodded. And that's when I darted out of there, almost knocking down Soohyun when I rounded the corner. "Woah, Autumn where's the fire?" "He's on his way." This was probably a bad time for a joke but to calm myself down a little I figured I might as well make one. He just looked at me confused. "Never mind, where's Eli? I need to talk to him." "Uh I think he's in his room." "Thanks Soohyun. I'll talk to later."

I didn't even wait for a reply. I just ran all the way to Eli's room and started banging on the door when I got there. It took him a few seconds to answer, but when he finally did, his face lit up when he saw me.

"Eli we're in big trouble", I said immediately, trying to catch my breath. "Why? What's wrong?" "The--the fallen angels. They're planning to go to war with us." Eli looked as if he'd just seen a ghost. "Say that again. I'm not sure I heard you correctly. It sounded like you said the fallen angels are planning to go to war with us." I nodded. "How could this happen?! Dammit!!! I knew coming here was a bad idea. I put everyone in danger because of it."

I put a reassuring hand on Eli's shoulder. "Eli it's not your fault." "Yes it is Autumn and now you and the angels will get hurt because of me." "Maybe I can try and level with Kibum", I offered. "Good luck trying. Once Kibum plans something, he doesn't stop until its carried out. There'll be no stopping him. The only way out is to fight them." "And--and what if we lose", I asked scared to know the answer. He turned to face me and gave me a sympathetic look. "Then there's no hope for any of us. We just have to get the upper hand from the start if we have any hope of winning."