Don't Go

Neverland~Angels Against the Fallen

My face lit up when I saw Hoon land a few feet in front of me. He ran up and embraced me in his strong arms. When he pulled back to face me, I noticed that he had a busted lip and he looked worn down. I gently caressed his cheek with my right hand, which he grabbed and entwined in his own.

“Don’t ever scare me like that again missy”, he scolded with a serious tone, but then chuckled at the end. “I’ll try not to”, I replied as he lightly kissed my forehead; the same spot that Eli had kissed moments before.

“How did you get all the way out here anyway”, Hoon said looking around with curiosity. “It’s far away from our castle, in fact it’s not even on our side. It’s part of the fallen angels’ territory--wait, who brought you here”, he asked, his tone suddenly turning tense. “E---Eli”, I squeaked out, afraid of what his reaction would be.

I saw his fists clench and unclench; his jaw tighten, but then he shook his head, like he was trying to shake those words out of his ears. He turned around to face me again and it was evident that he wasn’t happy about Eli, a fallen angel, taking me somewhere in the middle of nowhere in the pouring rain, where he could do what he wanted to me. I still didn’t completely trust Eli, but as far as I knew, he seemed like a good guy and he knew and understood what I was going through.

“Calm down Hoon. I’m completely unharmed, just a little confused and frightened at the moment. If it wasn’t for Eli, I could’ve been hurt seriously, what with you and the fallen angels fighting. Eli was smart to get me out of there. You should be thanking him right now.”

He seemed to be trying to figure out my words; like I just spoke a foreign language and he was trying to translate them. Finally, he sighed and came over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist; pressing his forehead against my own.

“You’re absolutely right; I should be thanking him right now, for keeping you out of danger, but I will forever despise him for starting the fight. He kept instigating, adding more fuel to the fire until both sides exploded.” I looked up into his eyes. “What happened Hoon”, I asked cautiously. He sighed again and placed my head onto his chest. “Let’s not talk about it okay. It’s too stressful.” I unwrapped his arms from me and looked at him with a dead serious expression. "Hoon, there’s something you’re not telling me, isn’t there?” “Come with me. It’s better if you see for yourself.”

He grabbed my hand and with me in tow, he flew into the sky, headed back towards their castle. Why was it that I had a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach? When we landed, I could see all the damage that was done to the castle; the wall that the fallen angels busted out; rubble covering both the outside and the main hall, what was left of the party decorations, torn to pieces. Hoon took my hand, squeezing it comfortingly and walked me through a hallway at the other side of the castle. We passed a few doors, each with different and unique designs on them. I figured that behind them, was a bedroom that belonged to each angel. I was correct because we stopped in front of one that was decorated with musical notes; obviously Kevin’s room.

Hoon knocked lightly and we entered. There in the room were Soohyun and Kiseop standing over Kevin’s bed. As we got closer to the bed, I could see Kevin laying there, badly injured. I ran to his side and started crying. I grabbed his hand tightly. His eyes were closed and his breath was noticeably labored. He was covered in a cold sweat and he had 3rd degree burns on his arms and a few on his chest.

I sobbed my eyes out, seeing him dying and I couldn’t do anything to help him. “Oh Kevin, I’m so sorry. Look at what I caused. Oh Kevin you can’t die. Please don’t leave me.” Kiseop came up behind me and put a hand on my shoulder. I stood up and cried into his chest. He ran a gentle hand through my hair.

“Shh, Autumn calm down. Kevin will be alright”, Kiseop whispered in my ear. “But---look at him. How can anyone survive injuries like that?!” “Being an immortal has more advantages to it than just our powers. In about a week, he’ll be healed. For now, all he needs to do is rest…we all need to. We’ve had a long day.”

“I agree, for tonight, you can sleep here. It’s too late to fly you back to the cottage”, Soohyun explained. “Hoon can show you to your room.” Hoon nodded and grabbed my hand once again. Just as we were about to close Kevin’s door, Soohyun spoke up again, “And no funny business you two.”

Hoon’s face turned bright red while I just giggled. He led me through another hallway until we stopped in front of a bedroom door. I turned the doorknob to find a room that you only imagine in fairytales; well we are in a castle after all. I walked over to the bed and immediately plopped down on it. It was so soft, like it was made of nothing but air; like I was lying on a cloud.

I must’ve been smiling because Hoon chuckled. “Do you like the bed? It’s made entirely from clouds, courtesy of Kiseop.” I stared at him in disbelief. “A bed made from clouds?! That’s not possible. Clouds are made from…well I didn’t pay attention in science so I forget, but it’s not humanly possible.” He laughed again. “Autumn, you keep forgetting this is Neverland, anything is possible here.”

He tucked me into bed and kissed me goodnight. Before he closed the bedroom door he said, “Get plenty of sleep tonight because your trials start tomorrow. Sleep well my princess.”