Prince Alexander

Neverland~Angels Against the Fallen

He was waiting for me by the entrance of the main hall. When he saw what I had found, he was dumbfounded. I put her down gently and turned her around to face him.

“What is this we have here”, he said, eyeing Autumn with curiosity. He sniffed the air. “Ah, I can smell human.” Turning to me he said, “How did you come upon her?”

I told him about the flash of light in the sky and then how I found her on the outskirts. “I was thinking that the flash of light could have been a portal opening. What do you think?”

“It very well could have been, but it’s rare that a portal to the mortal world opens here.” Now turning back to Autumn he said kindly, “Tell me, what is your name?”

Shyly she replied, “I’m Autumn.” “Ah, like the season. What a lovely name. I’m Prince Alexander, ruler of everything and everyone in Neverland. Pleased to make your acquaintance”, he said bowing to kiss her on the top of her hand. At this, she giggled. I just rolled my eyes.

“Now tell me Autumn, how did you get here”, he asked. “I’m not sure really. All I remember was I had gone to a carnival with my friend and he dragged me into one of those bogus fortune teller shops. While she was reading my fortune, her crystal ball lit up and the next thing I remember was waking up here.”

Alexander pondered her explanation for a second. “I’ve read about this somewhere”, he said darting into his library. Autumn and I exchanged confused looks before following after him. From the outside, the room looked only a mere 10 feet in height, but when you walked inside, it was about the size of 3 story building, books filling every available shelf. When you live forever, you have to find something to do with your time.

Alexander was scanning through book after book, looking for something in particular. I swear, he’s probably read every single book in this library, thrice times over. “I’ve found it”, he suddenly exclaimed. He climbed down from the ladder, meeting us at the bottom.

“I stumbled upon this book while I was doing some spring cleaning one day. It’s one of our history books. A long time before U-Kiss came to rule Neverland, there were other immortals called DBSK, who wrote these books. Anyway, they wrote about the only way for a human to get into Neverland. They say that once every 1,000 years on the spring equinox, a small portal opens letting anyone who sees it, gain access into Neverland. Before the Great War, using the power of five, they sealed off all portals with protective magical barriers that no human could penetrate. Because they destroyed each other in the war, no one has been unable to unseal it, not that we want to. It appears that the crystal ball had some magical properties to it and when it sensed another magical being close by, it transported the closest thing through the portal.”

“Wait, hold on. So what you’re saying is, I’m some kind of magical being”, Autumn questioned in disbelief. “In technical terms, you’re immortal, but basically, yes, unless your friend is”, Alexander answered.

“This isn’t real. I’m dreaming right now, so maybe if I pinch myself, I’ll wake up.” Autumn closed her eyes and pinched her arm. When she reopened her eyes, she was still in Alexander’s library and still in Neverland. Then, she fainted.

“Why do they always faint”, I asked him rhetorically. “I don’t know, but I’m sure I have a book about it somewhere.” “Hyung, save your scholarly stuff for a better time; right now, we have to figure out what we’re going to do with her.”

We stared at her lying on the marble floor. “Well, we’ll have to figure out some way to get her back to her own world, but in the meantime, take her to the Great Divide. Let the angels and fallens decide what to do with her.” “Don’t you think that’s a bad idea? They’ll probably end up starting a war over which side she belongs to.” “They won’t if they know what’s good for them.” “Touché. I hope you know what you’re doing hyung.” “Please, I’m the almighty Prince Alexander.”

Like I was instructed, I again hoisted Autumn over my shoulder and started my journey. Luckily for me, I also possess super speed so what would take a normal person a day to walk, would only take me a few minutes. Soon, we arrived at the Great Divide. Alexander had a small cottage built so if he ever needed to watch over the two sides more closely, he could do so. I entered the house and immediately searched for the bedroom. When I found it, I gently laid Autumn down on the bed. If she really was immortal, she sure as heck didn’t show it. It just seems awfully coincidental that her friend insisted they go to that fortune teller on this particular day. Hmm, maybe I’m just being paranoid. Well, she’d better rest now, because once they find her, there will be no more peace in Neverland.