My Guardian Angel

Neverland~Angels Against the Fallen

Autumn POV

I hit the ground face first, getting a nice mouthful of soil. “Oh Autumn I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to pull you back that hard.” I stood up and brushed myself off, spitting out dirt in the process. I finally got a good look at the person who’d pulled me back; Hoon. Well, I can honestly say I’m very surprised that he’s here. To ease the tense atmosphere that seemed to form whenever we were around each other, I joked, “Are you sure Dongho isn’t the only immortal here that has superior strength?” He smirked. “Sometimes I wonder.” “By the way, what are you doing out here so late. I thought you and the others went back to your castle?” “We did, but then I heard you scream, so I came running to see if you were okay. Judging from the fact that you were running like a crazy person through a pitch black forest at night, you were paid a visit from Kibum and his goons.” I nodded. 

“I found them standing in the cottage after you left.”  “Did they hurt you”, he asked, checking my arms and legs for broken bones. “No, Kibum was acting weird though, but Eli and AJ were actually paying more attention to the cottage than to me.” Hoon sighed. “Well, you were very lucky to get out there. Once they set their eyes on their “prey”, as they like to call it, they usually get what they want.” I looked at him in disbelief. “That’s it. I’ve got to get out of this place”, I said marching on towards the cottage. “Uh, Autumn?” “Don’t try to stop me Hoon.” “I wasn’t. I was just going to say, the cottage is this way”, he laughed, pointing in the other direction. “Oh, I knew that”, I said, walking in the direction he was pointing in.

Hoon POV

Kibum will pay for this. She’s scared out of her wits and she has no idea what she’s just started. She definitely cannot stay at the cottage tonight. We continued walking through the dense forest until we arrived back at cottage. There seemed to be no sign of the fallen angels anymore. “You shouldn’t stay here by yourself tonight, you know in case they come back.” She yawned. “You’re right. I’m a little sleepy now, so I’m going to--” She exhaustedly fell to the ground. I picked her up in my arms, carrying her like a newborn baby. She hugged my neck and snuggled her head into my chest.

I found the bedroom and gently laid her on the bed. I removed her shoes and covered her with the blanket. I tried to leave, but before I could walk out she grabbed my wrist. “Don’t leave me alone”, she mumbled. I sighed and sat down next to her on the bed. She laid her head in my lap. Who seriously just drops on the ground, fast asleep that quickly? I searched to find Kevin’s thoughts in my mind. I should've known. He sang a lullaby for her to make her fall asleep. I don’t know whether to thank him or be angry with him. Well, I’ll leave those thoughts for the morning; I didn’t realize how exhausted I was. My eyelids became heavy as I drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

Kevin POV

“Hyung, you’ll thank me later.”