Meeting Face to Face

Neverland~Angels Against the Fallen

Kibum POV

Hearing Eli and AJ’s news, made an evil smirk come across my face. I haven’t seen a human before. I’ve heard stories about them though. They’re supposed to be stupid creatures who only believe what they can see. Well, wait until she sees us. She’ll probably run screaming. Ha, now that’s something I’d love to see.

“Hyung, are we going to go or not”, Eli whined. “Yeah, we want to get there before the goody two shoes show up”, AJ replied. I just rolled my eyes. “Alright, let’s go.”

The three of us took to the skies and headed off in the direction of Alexander’s house. To our disgust, we saw Soohyun and the rest of the angels in the distance. I flew faster, hoping to start a little trouble. Eli and AJ knew what I was doing and flew up beside me.

“What do you trouble makers want now”, Soohyun spoke up as we approached. “We’re just out for a little flying, is that a bad thing”, I asked smiling. They just rolled their eyes. I tried not to think about going to investigate the human. Hoon could read our minds and I did NOT want them finding out about her before we had a chance to have our “fun”.

“Yeah, well just keep flying”, Hoon said, narrowing his eyes at me. “We’ll see you later”, I replied sweetly. They just rolled their eyes again and kept flying.

Hoon POV

I waited until Kibum and his goons were out of earshot. “Guys, they were planning on going to see the human. I read it in Eli’s mind.” “I figured that’s where they were headed. We’ll just have to make sure they don’t get there, at least before we do”, leader Soohyun said. My three brothers looked at each other and nodded. “I hate when you make me use my powers for bad purposes”, I complained. “Do you realize what they’d do to this human”, Soohyun tried to reason. I rolled my eyes. “Fine, but I don’t like this.”

I focused all my energy on Kibum’s mind again. I was trying to alter the moment when he found out about our neighbor. I erased this memory and replaced it with a new one. Now he really thinks they’re just out flying around.

“Done, can we go now?” “Good work hyung”, Kevin said patting me on the back. We continued flying in the direction of Alexander’s cottage. Soon, we could spot it in the distance.

Kevin POV

We came upon the cottage. We didn’t want to frighten her, so we landed as quietly as possible and simply knocked on the door.

Autumn POV

As I was looking around my new accommodations, I heard a light knock on the door. I cautiously peeked out the curtain and saw four beautiful guys dressed in all white. I thought I was seeing things. I rubbed my eyes, but there they were. I slowly turned the doorknob and was greeted with four equally beautiful and white smiles. “Thank you God”, I thought to myself.

A boy with blonde hair and angel like appearance spoke first. “Hi, I’m Kevin”, he said holding out his hand. I shook it, a bit confused. Who were these boys? The next boy to speak to me was just as good looking as Kevin, but had a manlier appearance. “Hello, I’m Soohyun. Pleased to meet you”, he said kissing the top of my hand. I smiled shyly.

The other two just kind of stood there, with curious looks on their handsome faces. “Oh, I’m sorry. Where are my manners? Please come in.” I motioned for them to come in and as they walked past me, I smelled the most wonderful aroma emanating from them. It was kind of like a mix between baby powder and fresh rain with a hint of earth?

“I’ve never been inside Prince Alexander’s house before”, one of the guys who had brownish red hair exclaimed. He looked around in amazement. “Um, well make yourselves at home, I guess. Since it’s not really my house anyway.” They sat down on the available chairs with such elegance, it was as if they were afraid of breaking them. Well since Prince Alexander and that changeling kid said I was the only human, I’m going to guess and say they’re some kind of immortal.

“I’m Autumn by the way. If you don’t mind me asking, what are you guys?” This time, Soohyun spoke up. “We’re angels. We live about a day’s walk north from here in a big castle. You can’t miss it.” Woah, angels?! That would explain the white clothing and the ‘heavenly’ smell. “So you’re like immortals”, I questioned. “That’s another way of putting it. There are us, the angels and then to the south are the fallen angels. They’re Neverland’s trouble makers, but hopefully you haven’t had the displeasure of meeting them yet”, Kevin replied.

“No, I don’t think so, although, I did have this weird feeling I was being watched earlier. Then I heard the sound of huge wings outside. I looked up and I saw a creature with big black wings.” “It was most likely them. That’s probably how Kibum found out that you were here.” “Kibum? Wait, I’m confused here.”

The last angel stepped up to me. He had an innocent appearance, but he also had noticeable biceps. He took my hands in his and concentrated on my face. Suddenly, the view of the cottage living room was gone and I was seeing images pass in my mind while the voice of the angel I was holding hands with, who identified himself as Hoon, was explaining these pictures to me. An image of three guys, similar to the angels, passed my vision. However, they weren’t like the angels, they were dressed in black and had velvet black wings. Hoon explained to me who they were. Eli, AJ, and their leader, Kibum. One of them was probably spying on me this morning.

After he was done telling me about the fallen angels, my vision returned and I was back in the cottage. I felt lightheaded and dizzy. I almost fell, if it wasn’t for the angel with brownish red hair that caught me. “Be careful. Hoon’s mind melds take a lot of you”, he said smiling sweetly. Confused, I replied, “Mind melds?” “Hoon has the power to manipulate people’s memories and read their minds. You know that feeling when you know what you want to explain to someone, but they’d have to see it in order for them to understand what you mean?” I nodded. “Well, that’s basically what mind melds are. Instead of explaining in words, if Hoon ‘melds minds’ with someone, he can explain what he means using images”, Soohyun told me. I looked at Hoon with astonishment. He blushed and looked away.

“So if Hoon can do all that, then what can the rest of you do?” “I have power over music. For example, if I sing a sweet ballad, I can make someone fall asleep, but if I sing a powerful and loud song, I can make them feel excruciating pain”, Kevin replied. “Not really much to explain, but I can control a person’s emotions. Also, I’m the leader of the angels”, Soohyun answered. Last but not least, the angel that saved me from falling. “I’m Kiseop and I control the weather. You can always tell what mood I’m in by the forecast outside.”

I just stared at them in disbelief. They had so many wonderful and interesting powers. I was starting to feel even more out of place here than I already felt when I first arrived.