Clearing the Air

Neverland~Angels Against the Fallen

I don't know how long I sat in the forest. After a few hours I contacted Hoon through my thoughts and asked him to come and get me. I guess he could tell how lost and frightened I was because no longer than ten minutes later, he was there in front of me. I ran up to him and hugged him as tightly as I could.

I just cried into his shoulder while he caressed my hair, calming me down for the time being. He then picked me up and we flew off to the angels' castle.

Hoon led me to my room. I plopped down on my bed, face first and buried my face into the pillow. I could feel Hoon sit down on the bed next to me.

I didn't really feel like talking so it was a good thing that Hoon could read my thoughts.

"Alexander told me there's no way for me to return home. I'll never see my family again", I thought. "That's total bull. There has to be some way to get you back home", he replied in my thoughts. "I have a feeling there's something he's not telling me." "Hmm, that is definitely possible. I guess it's up to us to get you back home."

I looked up from my pillow and saw Hoon's concerned face staring back at me. I smiled, even though I felt dead inside. He motioned for me to come closer. I scooted closer and rested my head against his warm chest.

"I know Soohyun kissed you", he suddenly said in my thoughts. I looked up at him to clarify that I'd heard him right. He nodded. "How'd you find out?" "Kevin told me." "He told you or you read his mind", I questioned. "Okay so I read his mind. I was a bit concerned because you seemed to be acting weird and then I saw you walk into Kevin's room last night." "Oh. You're not mad at Soohyun are you?" "Nah, we all like you Autumn; in one way or another. But, it's your choice who you choose to like back."

I just nodded. Truthfully, I didn't really know who I liked. All that was on my mind right now was getting home; that was my top priority. As I thought this, I felt myself yawn. I didn't realize how exhausted I actually was until I was lying on this soft bed. I closed my eyes and instantly, fell asleep.

When I awoke the next morning, Hoon wasn't lying beside me. Getting up, I stretched as I walked towards the kitchen, a strong, but sweet smell wafting through the hallways as I went. Smelling this, I padded the rest of the way and sure enough, there was Kevin back at his place by the oven, spatula in hand and apron around his slim waist.

"Kevin oppa", I yelled, startling him as he just went to grab cookies from the oven. The tray ended up on the floor, taking the cookies with it. In a matter of seconds I heard little nails scraping against the kitchen tile and then a little fluffy face appeared.

"Omo my cookies!!", Kevin yelled trying to shush Belle away from the cookie she was munching on. I picked her up, letting her my hand in the process.

"I'm sorry Kevin", I said hanging my head. Kevin just chuckled. "Autumn it's alright. I'll just have to start ove---ouch!!", he suddenly screamed.

Kevin was nursing his wrist. That's when I noticed the side of it was red. He must've burned himself on the hot oven when I scared him.

"Here let me", I said just as he was about to run his hand under water. I put Belle down on the floor and grabbed his hand carefully. I placed my hands over his burn. He winced because the wound was still tender. I concentrated and soon I could feel a tingle shoot through my fingers. A few seconds later, I removed my hands to see only a small scar on Kevin's wrist.

He looked at me with wide eyes. "Woah, how'd you do that?" I shrugged. "Apparently I have some kind of healing powers." "When did you figure all this out?" "Yesterday. It kind of uh, just happened I guess."

He still stared at me like I had grown two extra heads. “So I guess this is how you must’ve felt when you saw what our powers did." "Hmm, something like that", I laughed. "By the way, where's Soohyun?" "He should be in the library", Kevin replied, still examining his newly healed wrist.

"Okay thanks Kevin." I was just about to leave the kitchen when Kevin spoke again. "And take his dog with you", he said trying to pick up the strewn cookies that Belle was in the midst of eating.

I giggled. "Belle, come on", I called. Hearing her name being called, she followed me as I headed to the library. I had to set Soohyun straight and clear the awkward air.

When I reached the library, I knocked on the door. About a minute later, Soohyun opened it, a surprised expression evident on his face. Either way, he motioned me in, Belle following behind me before taking her place by the fireplace.

"Look Autumn, about the kiss it--" "Soohyun it's okay. I know it wasn't some emotional whatever. But we both know it can never happen again, right?" "Oh absolutely!! I'm so glad you understand. I know I shouldn't have done that, what with you and Hoon being together and everything." "Well technically we're not together, we're just close that's all."

Soohyun shot me a 'do I look stupid' look. "What?!" "Come on Autumn. I know better than that. It's obvious you both like each other." At this, the person that popped into my mind was Eli. "It's more complicated than that", I thought. Out loud I said, "Well now that that's settled, I have another matter to address with you."