Trust In Me

Neverland~Angels Against the Fallen

I was watching everything that was going on. As fragile as they look, the angels seemed to really know what they were doing. It was actually kind of frightening to see them like this. Seeing the fallens fight, well, that didn’t faze me one bit. I was slowly backing up into one of hallways when I bumped into something---or someone. I turned around to see Eli staring at me, but he had worry, not hatred in his eyes; the emotion I thought he’d had earlier when he looked at Hoon and I. He had a few scratches on his face and his shirt was torn in a few places, exposing his ripped biceps. Who knew supernatural powers could create that kind of physical damage. “Come with me”, he said motioning me with his hand. I didn’t necessarily trust him, let alone any fallen angels, but at this point, I just wanted to get the hell out of here.

I followed him to a small staircase that led out into the night. It seemed darker than usual and it was raining hard, but that could be the fact that there were thick rain clouds covering every portion of the sky. Eli grabbed my hand tightly, making sure we wouldn’t get separated. I wondered if he had night vision because he seemed to know where he was going; if not, then it was like the blind leading the blind because I couldn’t even see my hand in front of my face.

Eli kept running, dragging me along with him. “Eli where are you taking me”, I yelled, but he probably couldn’t hear me through the loudness of the rain falling around us. I was getting tired and the rain almost made Eli lose his grip on my hand. I would not like to get lost in this place thank you very much. Every now and again, the lightning would light up the sky and a few seconds later, everything would go pitch black again.

I must’ve been slowing down because all of a sudden, Eli picked me up bridal style and continued running. I don’t understand why he wouldn’t just start flying, but then again, the rain would probably weigh down his wings. My face was getting pelted by freezing rain now so to avoid it, I buried my face in Eli’s chest. He smelled of rain, of course, but I could still smell a hint of cologne on him. It was comforting in a way. It made me think of my brother, who wore a brand similar to the one Eli had on.

At this memory, I started tearing up, but my face was already wet so it didn’t make that much of a difference. It felt like forever until Eli finally stopped. I must’ve fallen asleep because when I woke up, I was on dry ground and there was a small fire a few yards away from me. I rubbed my eyes and took in my new surroundings. It seemed I was in a cave of some sort; that or a rocky overhanging. Then I noticed that Eli was nowhere to be found. “Where the hell am I”, I thought to myself. Suddenly, I heard a voice, but it didn’t sound like Eli’s…it almost sounded like Hoon’s. I turned around, but no one was there; no one in front of me or behind me. “I must be hearing things”, I thought.

“No, Autumn, you’re not hearing things. It’s really me”, Hoon’s voice said in my head. My eyes widened as I realized Hoon was communicating with me through my subconscious. This place just gets weirder and weirder. “Autumn listen to me, where are you”, he asked, his voice frantic. I walked out of the “cave” and looked around. It was still night time, but at least the rain had stopped. I just hoped that the little fight between the angels and the fallens was over. “I don’t know where I’m at”, I replied to him. “Okay, I need you to do something for me.” “Uhm, okay”, I replied hesitantly. “I want you to look at what’s in front of you and what’s behind you. Make sure you get as much as you can in one glimpse. When you think you’ve got a good picture, blink your eyes. I’ll see the picture in my mind.”

I was utterly shocked at this point. “You want me to do what?!” “Basically use your eyes as a camera. Hopefully it’ll work because if you can hear me in your thoughts and reply to my voice, then you should be able to send me a “mental snapshot” and that way, I’ll be able to figure out where you are.” “Hoon, it’s a little dark out if you haven’t noticed. You won’t be able to see much of anything.” “Autumn, just trust me, okay.” I nodded, but then I realized he couldn’t receive nods so I said, “Alright.”

So as I was directed, I stood outside and focused on the cave. When every important landmark was focused in, I blinked my eyes. Then I turned around and did the same thing with the trees in front of me. I waited a few seconds to hear if Hoon got my “mental snapshots”.

“Autumn, stay where you are---I’m coming to get you.”