Family Matters

Diary (Collection Of One-Shot Fics)

This is a YongShin fic requested by Sakura07 

*****

Sunday morning.

Yong Hwa and Shin Hye woke up early and took a bath. They also woke up their seven-year-old twins, Hwayoung and Hyoyoung, and had them take a bath while Shin Hye prepared breakfast. And during breakfast, the whole family ate together. And after breakfast, they all prepared and went to the church for the service. Yong Hwa and Shin Hye were brought up as Christians, and they want to bring up their children to the right path.

After the mass, the whole family went to the mall to buy some goods.

"Yeobo, Eomma called up yesterday and requested if we can come over to the house for dinner," Yong Hwa told Shin Hye.

"Ah, geurae, geurae," Shin Hye said to her husband as she kissed his cheek. Then, turning to her kids, "Hwayoung-ah, Hyoyoung-ah, behave when we will be at your Halmeoni's house, arasseo?"

"Ne, Eomma," the two replied.

As they strolled to buy more grocery items, Hwayoung asked why she was named as Hwayoung, and Yong Hwa explained that Shin Hye was a fan of the girl group T-ara, and even if Hwayoung had been out of the group many years ago, she liked the bond of twins. And he went on the explain that at this time, T-ara and 5Dolls had merged, but Ham Eun Jung and Jeon Boram had left the group to pursue solo activities, and Lee Qri had retired from the spotlight.

"Ahhhh~~~," the twins echoed.

They got back to the car and Yong drove back home. Since their car had a TV set, they were able to watch the weddings of the century: all girls from SNSD were married to nine of the Super Junior guys. All of them had retired from the spotlight saved for Kim Heechul, who is now a movie producer.

"Omo, I thought Seohyun-ssi is going steady with Kyuhyun-ssi," Shin Hye remarked. "How come she is married to Shindong?"

"Molla," Yong Hwa laughed.

And more news came up. Sandara and Goo Hye Sun had teamed up as a producer and director, and CL and Teddy were also getting married. As to Gong Minzy and Park  Bom, there were no news since the two left for the United States to pursue design courses, following the footsteps of former After School member Bekah.

"Who are they, Eomma, Appa?" Hyoyoung asked, and the parents explained.

****

That afternoon, as Shin Hye was preparing dinner for the get-together, Yong Hwa facilitated the studies of their kids. The twins studied so hard because they want to make their parents proud.

"Tomorrow, I will be giving you exercises for multiplication," Yong Hwa said.

After an hour, the kids finished studies, and Shin Hye helped the twins get ready.

****

The kids played with their cousins and the other kids when the older people talked about serious things.

"Divorce?" Yong's eomma asked.

"Ne, Eomma," Yong Hwa said. "It is so sad that my friend Min Hyuk-ah had to divorce with his wife."

"After all that they had been through? After all that fighting for the love?" Eomma asked. "Aigoo."

"So sad..." Shin Hye said.

"Shin Hye-ya, be good to your husband, arasseo?" Eomma told her daughter-in-law sweetly. "But I can see you are caring. My son never called to inform me of any misconduct."

Yong Hwa blushed and placed an arm around his wife.

"My wife is so caring, and that is why I love her," he said.

"Hmm? You are making Eomma jealous!" Eomma teased them.

"Anio, Eomma," Yong said.

"Shin Hye-ya, what is this thing that Yong Hwa had called a week ago?" Appa asked Shin Hye. "He said you are pregnant?"

"Ne... Ne, Abeonim," Shin Hye confirmed happily.

"Waa, I hope it will be a boy this time," Appa hoped.

"Ne, so that the Jung line will continue," Eomma said.

The young couple looked at each other in bliss.

****

That night, as the couple were in bed, they could not help but be sad for Min Hyuk. Just when he was having the perfect life, his wife was cheating on him and squandering money.

"I feel so sad for your friend," Shin Hye said as she snuggled close to her husband.

"Me too..." Yong Hwa said.

****

The weekdays.

Yong Hwa drove the kids to school before he drove to his office, and Shin Hye waved them goodbye before going to her online job. She felt so contented seeing her family healthy and happy. With the delicious lunch she prepared for her twins and her hubby, she was sure that they could manage throughout the day.

"I feel so sick," she thought while running to the bathroom to gag. "I can deal with this..."

 

That afternoon, Yong Hwa was reprimanding Hyoyoung when he fetched them from school, and Shin Hye asked what was wrong.

"Hyoyoung-ah pushed a girl from the slides, and the girl's eomeonim asked for an explanation," he told his wife.

Shin Hye knelt down in front of the twins and asked, "Wae?"

"She is ugly, Eomma, and I do not like ugly people," Hyoyoung meanly said with a pout.

Shin Hye took her kids to the living room while Yong Hwa brushed off his suit.

"Kids, do you know that people do not look alike?" she started. "You should not hurt their feelings, and it is bad to call others ugly. If someone says that you are ugly, what will you feel?"

"I will cry," Hwayoung said.

"I will also cry," Hyoyoung replied.

"See? That is what the girl felt when you told her that she is ugly," Shin Hye said to Hyoyoung. "Tomorrow, I want you to go to the girl and say sorry to her. Saying that someone is ugly and pushing her off the slides is bad."

"Ne, Eomma..." Hyoyoung said, tears falling from her eyes.

"Do not do it again, Hyoyoung-ah," Yong Hwa said to the twins. "Be friendly with people at all times, so that you will have a lot of friends. Smile to them, be polite. Say hi, and help them when they need your help. Do you see how Appa helps Halmeoni when she carries heavy grocery bags?"

"Ne, Appa," the twins said.

"Be good to people all the time, and do not hurt them just because they look ugly," he finished.

 

And so, Shin Hye and Yong Hwa cooked dinner together, while the twins solved the multiplication problems Yong Hwa prepared for them. And they ate together, just as they always had. 

"Kids, we have good news," Yong Hwa started off.

"Eomma and Appa will have a new baby," Shin Hye remarked.

"Yehey! Where did you buy the baby?" Hyoyoung asked.

The couple looked at each other. Explaining it to them will be difficult just yet.

"Ani, Eomma's baby is in her tummy," Yong Hwa explained.

"Huh? Did you eat a baby, Eomma?" Hwayoung asked.

The couple explained to their kids in simple terms, and they felt it is better for parents to teach it rather than let society and other kids teach it to them. They might get misinformed, and Yong Hwa and Shin Hye wanted their kids to have the right information.

 

Tuesday afternoon, Yong Hwa saw Hyoyoung saying sorry to the other girl and being friends with her. He smiled because his and his wife's guidance had helped their kids become kids who will be role models in the future.

 

Friday evening.

"Why are you still studying?" Shin Hye asked the twins.

"We will study so that we will not have homework this Sunday," Hwayoung replied.

Shin Hye laughed at her twin's craftiness, so she bent down to kiss them. She told them making assignments on a Friday night is all right, but they need to study again on Sunday.

"Ne, Eomma, so that we will be bright just like you and Appa," Hyoyoung replied.

She hugged them again and helped them with their homework. After thirty minutes, the twins were done, and they raced to the remote control to watch TV.

"I got this first!" Hwayoung screamed.

"No, I said to you this morning that I will watch TV first!" Hyoyoung shouted back.

Shin Hye gingerly went to her kids, and Yong Hwa grabbed the remote control from them.

"Stop it!" he roared. "The two of you should not quarrel."

He sat on the couch and had each kid sit on either lap, but the kids were not talking to each other. Yong smirked at his wife, who hid her smile behind her hand.

"You know, it is not good to fight just because of the remote control. Both of you are sisters, so you should love each other. Hyoyoung-ah, you are already kind to the girl you quarreled the other day. You should also be kind to your twin sister."

Hwayoung turned to her twin and apologized, but Hyoyoung was bitter-hearted.

"Hyoyoung-ah," Yong Hwa called out.

Hyoyoung cried everytime Yong Hwa's voice stiffened, so she hugged her sister and apologized. Yong Hwa hugged his twins and kissed their hair.

"Kids, you should say sorry everytime you did wrong to somebody, not because your Eomma and Appa are telling you to," he told them.

"Ne, Appa..." the said.

Yong Hwa pushed the button of the remote, and it was a good thing that on Disney Channel, Peter Pan was about to start. Because Peter Pan could be a bit violent, and mostly catered to boys, Yong Hwa and Shin Hye watched the movie with them.

****

Saturday.

The kids did household chores and helped their parents, and Yong Hwa cooked lunch because Shin Hye went to a short trip to her OB-gyne. And after lunch, Shin Hye met up with her family to the park to spend some family afternoons with them.

"Ne, Eomma," Shin Hye said to someone over the phone. "Ne, ne."

"What is it?" Yong Hwa asked after she hung up. 

"Eomma said that she wanted to spend all Sunday at our house tomorrow," she shared. "I will cook something delicious for her and Appa."

"A good idea," he said.

Shin Hye sat on one bench as she enjoyed looking at her husband riding on the carousel with her twins. She was just so glad that her kids were brought up well, and she was glad that her husband was so dedicated to her the way she was to him. Seeing the loves of her life made her tear up in happiness.

"Soon, you'll join us, our little angel," she whispered to her unborn child as she rubbed her tummy.

 

~~~~END~~~~

(next, YongShin request by pheihyun)

 

~~~~