Romance Bromance

Diary (Collection Of One-Shot Fics)

YongShin (Yong Hwa and Shin Hye)

 

VS

 

YongShin (Yong Hwa and Jung Shin)

pictures care of respective owners

****

Shin Hye and Jung Shin were in her room, lying on their stomach while watching some things on a fashion magazine.

"Noona, please buy me this," Jung Shin begged as he pointed at a black leather jacket.

"Mwo? I am not even your blood-related Noona, and you want me to buy that for you?" Shin Hye scoffed.

"Because you are a loving Noona, that is why Hyung and I love you sooooo much," he told her.

"You have a lot of money, yet you cannot spend your own?" she taunted him.

"Noona~~ jebal?~~~" Jung Shin begged.

Shin Hye could not resist his aegyo. It was like when Jung Shin had tantrums like this, his aegyo made her heart melt. Aish, if only she had a little brother, she would not spoil Jung Shin like this.

"If you were my namdongsaeng, I will really spank you," she frowned as she got up and sat straight on bed.

Jung Shin got up and hugged Shin Hye.

"Saranghaeyo, Noona~~"

And just then, the door opened. Yong Hwa caught them in the act.

"Wow, so sweet of you two," he teased the two.

"Hyung, Noona is gonna buy me a new leather jacket," Jung Shin said.

"I will not!" she ed at the younger guy.

"Why are you being such a brat again?" Yong Hwa asked him. "Shin Hye is saving her money to spend during the school year."

Jung Shin frowned in aegyo style.

"Ya, Jung Shin, did you forget that we are gonna meet with Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk today?" Yong Hwa asked him.

"I did not forget that, Hyung," the long haired guy said.

He got out of bed and went to his hyung. Then, the two guys waved Shin Hye goodbye before going away.

****

The three of them were boarders living under Yong Hwa's maternal aunt. and they study in the same university. Yong Hwa and Shin Hye had some fling going on, but sometimes, Yong Hwa gets jealous when Jung Shin acts like a spoiled namdongsaeng to Shin Hye. And Shin Hye gets jealous of Jung Shin when he and Yong Hwa engage in bromance. But to Jung Shin, his sweetness to Shin Hye was merely an attraction to a Noona and some attention because he never had a blood-related noona. And his sweetness to Yong Hwa was merely because he missed his own blood hyung, and partly because Yong Hwa is fond of him and wants to spoil him like a little brother.

Yong Hwa had his arm around Jung Shin's shoulder when they went inside the basketball court, where Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk were starting to throw some balls.

"Ya!" Yong Hwa called out.

Min Hyuk and Jong Hyun turned to them and smiled.

"I thought we will not be having some games today," Jong Hyun said with his strong Busan accent.

Yong Hwa and Jung Shin came in front of the other two.

"So, Hyung and Shinnie will be a team, Jong Hyun-hyung and I will be another team," Min Hyuk suggested.

"Call!" Jung Shin said.

The guys started to play ball and have their fill of weekend fun.

****

After the basketball game, the two guys hopped to the shopping arcade to shop for new clothes for the coming school year. And when they got home, Jung Shin walked in front of Shin Hye with his new leather jacket.

"Look, Noona," he bragged.

"Aish, you brat!" she said as she brawled with him and scratched him the way a cat scratches wooden furniture.

"Aya!!!!"

Yong Hwa looked at them in amusement, and at the same time, jealousy. Did their young friend intentionally make him jealous?

"Hyung!" the younger guy called out as he pulled Yong Hwa's hand.

Shin Hye looked in amusement, and at the same time, jealousy, as Jung Shin and Yong Hwa went inside the dongsaeng's room.

"I cannot understand Jung Shin," Shin Hye fumed to herself. "What is he up to?"

****

"Jung Shin-ah~~ my back aches," Yong Hwa groaned.

He took off his shirt and lay on his stomach on Jung Shin's bed. The younger guy got some liniment and began massaging the back of his hyung, just like he always had when Yong Hwa complained of back aches.

"I can rely on you to do this for me," Yong Hwa said before . "Arghhh... that feels good!"

"How about Noona doing this for you?" Jung Shin asked as he pounded on his back with his fists.

"Mwo? I cannot let Shin Hye in a room alone with a guy," Yong Hwa said. "Ya, you have been doing just that, right?"

"What, Hyung?"

"Staying in her room with her," Yong Hwa accused him. "Ya, you like her?"

"Mwo?" Jung Shin asked before laughing. "Hyung! I like Noonas but Shin Hye-noona is different! I just like and love her as if she is my real blood noona! What are you thinking?"

"Mianhae..."

"I know you like Noona a lot, and both of us know that you are courting her, so do not see me as a threat, Hyung," Jung Shin said.

After the massage, Yong Hwa wore his shirt and lay on Jung Shin's bed. The long-haired guy lay beside Yong and held his hand.

"Hyung~~~ I don't want to eat," Shinnie said in aegyo.

"My poor dongsaeng... what must I do to please you?" Yong asked in hyung style.

Jung Shin frowned in aegyo and scooted next to Yong, resting his head on his Hyung's shoulder.

"Hyung... I don't want to eat," Shinnie-choding said again.

"There you are, being childish again," Yong Hwa chided.

Jung Shin smiled and closed his eyes. He was so tired after the game and the shopping spree that he did not want to eat. Yong Hwa got up and looked at his "bromance partner." Yong Hwa smiled as he brushed his fingers through Jung Shin's long hair.

"Why do I love him so much?" Yong Hwa thought. "Ha~~~~ I just miss my younger brother and our bond... maybe that is why I am making Jung Shinnie as my baby even if I bully him many times."

Yong Hwa placed the comforter over Jung Shin, got out of bed, and went out of the room.

****

Yong Hwa saw Shin Hye about to prepare dinner.

"Where's Jung Shin-ah?" Shin Hye asked.

"He fell asleep after he massaged me," Yong Hwa said. "My poor dongsaeng...."

Shin Hye smiled. She knew the feeling of taking care and spoiling the long-haired guy.

"Let's eat out," he suggested.

Shin Hye nodded as she bit her lips coyly.

***

Yong Hwa waited for Shin Hye to emerge from her room, and when she did, he smirked at her usual fashion. Shin Hye was not one to really doll up, unlike the other girls who drizzle themselves with too much makeup, flowy skirts, glittering jewelry, dainty doll shoes, and costly-looking furs. She was just the usual jeans-and-top girl, and for tonight, she just wore a comfy pair of skinny jeans, an army-green tank top, and flip-flops. Shin Hye liked Yong Hwa's casual style, because he did not dress up like those idol guys out there, and she preferred Yong Hwa's simple style over Jung Shin's model style. Like her, he was wearing only jeans, muscle shirt, and Converse sneakers.

"Gaja," he said as he winked at her.

Shin Hye took his hand, and both of them went out.

****

Both of them went to Myeongdong, in the noodle shop where Go Mi Nyu and Kang Shin Woo had their phone date. Yong Hwa and Shin Hye ate kalguksoo, and like Shin Woo, Yong Hwa smiled to his heart's delight to see Shin Hye enjoying her noodles.

"Shall we go have some ice cream afterwards, Shin Woo-hyung?" Shin Hye asked him.

"Oh, Mi Nam-ah wants some icre cream?" Yong Hwa asked. "I know of a really good ice cream shop here."

"Jeongmalyo?" Shin Hye squealed.

So after the kalguksoo date, the two of them ate ice cream. Just like Shin Woo, Yong Hwa also secretly bought her an ice cream sandwich, with the waitress telling her that it was free, complimentary from the shop.

"Oh, but Shin Woo-hyung did not get any free ice cream," Shin Hye told him.

"Maybe they only give it to females," Yong Hwa said.

"Sonnim (Dear customer) gets free ice cream because she is 200th customer to come in today," the waitress lied.

"Ah, geureohseumnikka?" Shin Hye asked the waiter. "Gamsahamnida."

The waitress smiled, and looked at Yong, who gave her thumbs-up for a job well done. Job well done for lying, that is.

"Where shall we go after this?" Yong Hwa asked.

"I need new outfits," Shin Hye said. "Both you and Jung Shinnie are so cruel... You did not bring me shopping this afternoon."

"Mian...."

So, after the ice cream date, they went out of the ice cream shop.

"Oh, would it be all right if you go shopping ahead?" Yong asked, a bit flustered.

"Wae?"

"I remember, I need to buy some stocks of medicines," Yong Hwa said. "You know how our drugstores here close early, and you know how Auntie gets into a fit if her stocks of medicines get depleted."

"Arasseo," Shin Hye said. "Oh well, see you later."

"Ne..."

But Yong Hwa lied. In fact, that afternoon, he and Jung Shin already bought some meds, and what he did now was to watch and follow Shin Hye from afar, ala Kang Shin Woo style. He had to curse himself for lying, because Shin Hye had so much fun that she shopped for more than an hour.

Then, her phone rang.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Shin Hye-ya, eodi isseo (Where are you)?" Yong asked. "I am done buying some meds, and my gosh, one medicine took me more than five drugstores to look for it."

"I am done, Yong," she said. "I'm gonna go out now."

When she got out of the shop, she turned around and craned her neck to look for Yong Hwa among the crowd. She kept on walking.

"Eodi isseo?" she asked him.

"If you turn around, you will see me," he said in that mysterious Shin Woo-hyung mode before hanging up.

Shin Hye frowned when Yong Hwa hung up on her. So, she kept on walking and looking around for sign of him. Yong Hwa smiled, hoping that she'd find him.

But her phone rang, and she took it. Just like Shin Woo, Yong Hwa got disappointed.

"Ya! What is it this time?" Shin Hye shouted over the phone.

Silence.

"Mwo? But you already bought one leather jacket this afternoon!" he heard her say over the phone.

From the other line...

"Geureom, just buy me something to eat... ice cream?" Jung Shin begged.

"Arghhhhh!!! You told Yong Hwa you did not want to eat, and now you are begging me for ice cream? And were you not asleep?" Shin Hye asked over the other line.

"Jebal Noona....~~"

"Shirheo!" Shin Hye said before hanging up.

****

"Aish, I guess Yong Hwa and I spoiled him a bit," she thought as she continued craning her head to look for Yong Hwa.

And she found him, and he had a smile on his face.

"Shin Woo-hyung!" Shin Hye said. "Look Shin Woo-hyung, I got free clothes, I ate kalguksoo, and I had ice cream."

"Good thing your Hyungnim did not call you to fetch you," Yong Hwa said as he ruffled Shin Hye's hair.

"Ne, because some dongsaeng called me up for some ice cream," Shin Hye said.

Just then, Yong's phone rang, and he took the call. It was Jung Shin, begging him in aegyo for some ice cream. Yong Hwa smiled and promised to bring some ice cream.

"Ya, I think we should stop spoiling him," Shin Hye told him.

"Ara... I just love him. You love him too, right?" Yong Hwa asked her.

"Ne. Na do Jung Shin-eul saranghae...." Shin Hye said. "But I think we should stop spoiling him. He is sometimes getting to be so annoying like Orange."

Yong Hwa laughed. He knew Jung Shin was lovable, but he could not imagine Jung Shin with Orange's face and annoying humor.

And so, the two of them bought some ice cream for their beloved friend.

****

"Here you go," Shin Hye said to Jung Shin as she handed the ice cream.

"Noona, gomawo~~" he said as he wrapped his skinny arms around her before giving her kisses on her hair.

"Ya!" Shin Hye reacted.

The long-haired guy went over to Yong Hwa and hugged him the way a girl hugs a guy.

"Saranghae, Hyung!!" he said.

"You only say you love me because I have ice cream for you," Yong Hwa said. "I am so hurt."

"Don't be, Hyung," Shinnie said.

"Jung Shin-ah, I don't know, but I get jealous of you everytime you are being sweet to Yong Hwa," Shin Hye finally admitted.

The two guys looked at her.

"Na?" Jung Shin asked innocently while pointing at himself.

"Neo, I get jealous of you too when you are being sweet to Shin Hye," Yong Hwa told Jung Shin.

"Na? Hyung!" Jung Shin ed. "Both of you are so bad.... I am so hurt."

"M...mian..." Shin Hye said to him.

"Hyung, please do not misconstrue my sweetness to Noona," Jung Shin said Yong Hwa. "You know that I want Noonas for girlfriends, but with Shin Hye-noona, I just want to feel the love of a blood-related Noona. Please do not hate me because of Noona."

Then to Shin Hye...

"I am just overly sweet to Hyung because I miss my Hyung," he told her. "And I know Hyung misses his namdongsaeng. So, please Noona, please do not get jealous of me because of Hyung."

Then, he sadly got inside his room and shut the door. Shin Hye and Yong Hwa looked at each other before Yong Hwa barged inside Jung Shin's room.

****

"Jung Shin-ah, mianhae..." Yong Hwa said.

"Mianhaeyo, Hyung," Jung Shin said as he started to open the lid of his ice cream. "I... I did not mean to be upset."

Yong Hwa went over to the tall guy and sat beside him. Then, he wrapped his arms around Jung Shin.

"You know very much that I love Shin Hye, and I cannot let the chance pass me by, and I have to confess to her," he said. "But I am sorry for depriving you of the love you needed from her. You know I also love you."

"Ne, Hyung. It feels weird, but I love you very much."

"Why will it feel weird?" Yong Hwa asked as he released his hug.

"We are getting more skinship with our bromance, but I do not want you for a boyfriend, of course," Jung Shin said.

"Geurae! Who says you will be my girlfriend/boyfriend?" Yong Hwa asked.

Jung Shin smiled and fed some ice cream to his hyung.

"That is why I am so fond of you. You are a guy, but you know how to take care of a friend," Yong Hwa said.

"Ah, because I am a loyal friend," Jung Shin bragged.

And Yong's phone rang. When he checked it, it was Min Hyuk, so he excused himself. As he went out, Shin Hye went in.

"Mianhae, Jung Shin," she said.

"Na do mianhae, Noona," he said.

Then, he offered ice cream from the same spoon, and she ate them.

"That is how much I love you, Noona," he said. "I am willing to share my spoon."

"Mwo????" Shin Hye asked as she scratched him again.

"Noona, my ice cream will be spilled," Jung Shin said in aegyo.

Shin Hye smiled at him and scooted closer. She knelt in front of him in his bed and wrapped him around in her embrace, his face being buried on her chest.

"I love you so much," she said as she brushed his hair. "My dongsaeng has grown up, and he has a lot of collar bones."

"Ya, Noona! Do you think I have no collar bones at all?" Jung Shin asked, his voice muffled.

Shin Hye kissed his hair before releasing him from her embrace.

"Saranghae~~" he said in aegyo.

"Saranghae," she said before she pushed his nose like button.

"Noona! I do not want to have your nose!"

"You insult my nose?" Shin Hye asked. "I hate you!"

"Hehe, please don't hate me, Noona~~~" he said while offering her more ice cream.

Shin Hye smiled, ate some ice cream, then thanked him before going out. Shinnie smiled in spite of himself because he can have the ice cream to himself. It also felt good to clarify to the original YongShin couple of his love for them. Of course, he loved Shin Hye. He loved Yong Hwa too. But that does not mean that he will be bitter if Yong Hwa and Shin Hye get together.

****

If Jung Shin was not bothered between his relationship with Shin Hye, his relationship with Yong Hwa, or Yong Hwa and Shin Hye's relationship, Yong Hwa got bothered with his relationship with Jung Shin.

Shin Hye's jealousy rang through his brain.

One day, he was teaching Min Hyuk on how to play the guitar, though drums were Min Hyuk's real love. Min Hyuk got distracted at Yong Hwa's sighing, so he asked.

"You are a bit off, Hyung," Min Hyuk said. "Gwaenchanha?"

"Min Hyuk-ah," Yong Hwa started, unable to know how to do it. "Have you been confused between a romantic love and a sibling love?"

"Na? Eung, it was with my first love in middle school," Min Hyuk said as he strummed the guitar. "She was the adopted child of my uncle. At first, I was so kind to her because I never had a little sister, but eventually, when she grew up, she grew right before my eyes, and I was confused as to still love her as a cousin, or to love her as a girl. Wae?"

"Ah...nothing," Yong Hwa said.

"Is it about you and Noona?" Min Hyuk asked.

"Ani... I was just asking," Yong Hwa said.

Min Hyuk's face got sly.

"Hyung, is it about Jung Shin-ah?" Min Hyuk asked. "You fell in love with him?"

"Huh?"

Min Hyuk scooted near.

"Hyung, are you gay?"

"ANIYA!" Yong Hwa ed. "I.. I am so not gay! I admit that I love him, but I am not in love with him."

"Ewww Hyung, I will stay away," Min Hyuk said.

"Wae?"

"You might fall in love with me too!" Min Hyuk said.

"You babo, I love him with a brotherly love," Yong Hwa defended himself. "I don't want to love him with romantic feelings."

"Aish, Hyung... I am disappointed at you," Min Hyuk pouted cutely.

"Wae?"

"Jong Hyun-hyung and I idolize you a lot because you are a caring Hyung, but it seems you will only fall in love with another guy," Min Hyuk said.

"Ya! I am not in love with Jung Shin, arasseo?" was Yong Hwa's heated answer.

"Hehe, mianhae, Hyung," Min Hyuk said before punching Yong Hwa on the arm.

Min Hyuk continued practicing, but his words marked into Yong Hwa's consciousness. Was he really in love with Shin Hye or with Jung Shin? He knew he is not gay. So, what love did he really have for the male boarder?

However, his slight jealousy of Jung Shin for being close with Shin Hye was greater.

Does it mean that he had developed romantic feelings for Shin Hye? She is his fling, after all.

There is only one way to find out.

****

That Saturday, Yong Hwa faked sick when Jong Hyun called him to play basketball with him and Min Hyuk. Only Jung Shin was available, so he went with his other friends.

"Hyung has a headache," Jung Shin said.

"Games can cure headaches," Jong Hyun said.

"Nah, let Hyung be," Min Hyuk said. "Let us just go and eat!"

"Gaja," Jong Hyun said.

*****

When Jung Shin left the house, Yong Hwa went to the kitchen to check some analgesics.

"What's the matter, Yong?" Shin Hye asked as she got in the kitchen.

When Yong turned around, he saw that Shin Hye was wearing a princess skirt with the hem at knee length, a pink tank top, and cowboy boots. She had her long hair tied in a high ponytail.

"Wow, you look..."

"Ya, are you not gonna hang out with the guys?" she asked in confusion.

"I have a headache," he lied.

"Ow... too bad," Shin Hye said.

She grabbed a kettle and an herb from the cupboard.

"What are you going to make?" he asked.

"I will make a headache-relief drink for you before I go," she said.

"W...wait, hajima," he said.

"Wae?"

"Truth is, I do not have a headache," he said, knowing that the drink Shin Hye will make is gonna be a bitter one.

"Aish, you fooled me," she said. "Oh well, I am gonna go to the mall and hang out by myself."

"Is that why you are all dolled up?" he asked.

"Dolled up?" she scoffed. "I am not like other girls who go out in fancy clothes. I just choose what is comfy."

"If you are willing to stroll alone, why not go on another date with me?" he offered.

The mention of date had her going straight to him.

"Why not... have a date with me here?" she asked him.

Yong Hwa nodded. Shin Hye declared that she's gonna kick off her shoes first and change into more comfy clothes.

****

The two of them agreed to cook and have some ice cream party. As Shin Hye cooked, Yong Hwa skipped off to buy ice cream. Then, when he got back, he helped her cook.

And so, the two of them feasted on food while watching some action flicks.

"Aish, I really need to burn these ice cream off," she winced. "I have to fit into my new clothes for the new school year."

"So, shall we dance?" he offered.

Shin Hye giggled and turned the TV off. Yong the radio, tuning to the station playing songs from the oldies.

"Ahhh, so nice," Shin Hye said.

Yong Hwa held her hand and brought her close. Then, he brought her into an embrace and smelled her beautiful body. Both of them danced to the slow music.

"I really like you," he whispered.

Shin Hye felt herself melting at the revelation. She knew she and Yong Hwa had something for each other, though they would not admit it. With his confession, it was sure that she likes him too.

"Na do... aniya... I don't like you... I love you," she said.

It was one indicator that Yong Hwa needed to know. With her confession, he was now sure that what he had for her was romantic love, and what he had for Jung Shin was just sibling love.

Shin Hye pushed him a bit so that both of them could look at each other in the eyes. And as if the magic of love, Yong Hwa leaned forward and gave her a soft kiss on her lips. She gushed at his kiss and kissed him back.

*****

"Ice cream, ice cream," Jung Shin sang to himself happily as he brought home some ice cream for his noona and hyung, without knowing that the two also had ice cream.

When he was about to enter the door, he saw the two enganged in soft kisses.

"Omomomomomo, this is a must see!" he happily thought as he grabbed his phone.

He recorded the kiss until it ended. He also witnessed the two engaging in a dance. He saved the dance and sent the vid to Min Hyuk and Jong Hyun, who were at the gym, building their bodies and watching chicks.

"Hyung, hyung!" Min Hyuk shouted at Jong Hyun.

The two of them watched the vid of Yong Hwa and Shin Hye kissing.

"Whoah!!!! Romantic!" Jong Hyun exclaimed.

Min Hyuk knew that his Yong Hwa-hyung is not gay at all.

****

"Hyung and Noona are sure to announce that they are a couple," Jung Shin thought. "Meanwhile, I will jump into my room window as to not disturb them, kekekek."

He went to the back of the house to enter his room. Good for him, he left one window open, so he got in without problems.

*****

"Twirl me around, Jagiya," Shin Hye said.

After the kiss, Yong Hwa asked her if she wanted to be his girlfriend, and she accepted with joy. She really wanted to be because she loved him so so so much!

"Arasseo, Jagiya," he said.

And they continued to dance to old music, with Yong Hwa twirling Shin Hye around, the way a prince dances with his princess in a ballroom hall. Both of them were having a blast just hanging out in the house.

And who would have thought that a simple date like this ended up with confessions, kisses, and a dance?

 

~~~~END~~~~

Hmmmm... I had the fancy of making a sequel for this fic, with an M rating... answering to the call of romance, bromance, and . However, I had written too much M full fics, and one M violent one-shot... So, I guess, I'd not write it anymore. Kekekekek.

By the way, my YB fic, "Play Your Love," is on-going. So please subscribe.

Up next, YongShin and Choi Jonghun, request by jhengot.

 

~~~~