Just Like The Guy In The Song "Inspector Mills"

Diary (Collection Of One-Shot Fics)

Setting like Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge

*****

Yong Hwa was hiding behind the door, looking and pining at the landlord's niece, who was cooking breakfast. Jung Shin passed by, looking at his hyung strangely.

"If you want to eat breakfast, you don't have to hide," the goddess-looking guy said.

Shin Hye turned around and saw Yong Hwa hiding.

"Yong Hwa-ya, come in," she merrily said.

Yong Hwa looked at the goddess and then his princess. Jung Shin nudged him to come in, so he did.

"Ah, uhm.... I'll help you cook," Yong Hwa said.

"Just set the table," she said.

*****

During breakfast, the landlord was busy talking to Shin Hye and the guys that he did not notice that one of them was staring at her like she was a star. Min Hyuk elbowed Jong Hyun, who elbowed Jung Shin, who elbowed Jong Hyun backed. The three noticed that Yong Hwa was hopelessly in love with Shin Hye.

"So, what do you want for your birthday today?" her uncle asked.

"Ah...gwaenchanha," she said with a cute expression on her face. "Anything is fine."

"There is no anything in the market," her uncle insisted.

"A pair of green shoes?" Min Hyuk suggested.

"Ah! Like Shin Woo-hyung!" Jong Hyun mused.

"I don't want to be given shoes, sorry," Shin Hye said. "I'm picky when it comes to shoes."

Min Hyuk smiled from ear to ear. That was something that Yong Hwa had to steer clear.

"Why shoes?" Uncle asked.

"Geunyang...I just thought of it," Min Hyuk said.

*****

After breakfast, Shin Hye went out of the house, for it was a bright summer morning. Her uncle left for business, leaving the boys in the house to clean the house.

"Min Hyuk-ah, you gotta help me," Yong Hwa begged. "You know her tastes in shoes, right? You've seen her shoes, right?"

"Ne, but she does not want shoes for presents" Min Hyuk said.

"But I want to give her shoes," Yong Hwa insisted.

"Am I gonna play Mr. Mills for you?"

"Huh?"

And Min Hyuk sang the song, "Inspector Mills."

Jong Hyun was busy scrubbing the upper halls, while Jung Shin was busy cooking food and pastries. But Min Hyuk was irritated that his hyung pestered him and not the other two guys.

"Because you have good taste," Yong Hwa said.

"Ask Jung Shin," Min Hyuk flatly said. "He's a model, after all."

"But he is busy," Yong Hwa argued.

"Arasseo!" Min Hyuk said. "If you need to confess to her, do so."

"What do you mean?"

And Min Hyuk sang the rest of the song.

"Such a sad song," Yong Hwa said.

"Yeah, so you better tell her, or some other guy will steal her away," Min Hyuk said. "You've been pining for her, for like, two years already????"

****

Yong Hwa pulled Min Hyuk, and they went to a mall. Min Hyuk pulled out lots of shoes of Shin Hye's size, and Yong Hwa picked one after another. Min Hyuk as his facilitator, and finally, they were able to pick a shiny black pair of heels with some golden accessories.

"Perfect, ne?" Yong Hwa asked.

"I love the shoes, but definitely not Shin Hye's type," Min Hyuk said.

"Never mind," Yong Hwa said. "I can imagine these on her."

And so, Min Hyuk bought his gifts, as well as the other guys' gifts.

****

That night, after dinner, Shin Hye began opening the gifts. She received five tickets to Macau from her uncle.

"Whoa...." Shin Hye said. "I really can use these tickets!"

She opened Jung Shin's gift (bought by Min Hyuk) and came upon a cute pink jacket.

"Whoa... Jung Shin-ah... this is so girly! I love it!"

Then, at Jong Hyun's gift, still bought by Min Hyuk. It was a cute purse.

"Jong Hyun-ah~~~~so cute!"

The Lee guys just smirked. They only bribed Min Hyuk to buying the gifts because they took care of the house. Shin Hye opened Min Hyuk's very expensive gift: a DSLR camera.

"M...Min Hyuk-ah....I love it!" she squealed.

Then, Yong Hwa's gift.

"How did you know I was looking for this pair of shoes?" she asked him, puzzled.

"Huh?" Yong Hwa asked. "Uhm, I just bought it. I did not know you needed those."

Shin Hye kissed the pair of shoes, as if the pair saved her life. Min Hyuk was wrong into thinking that the shoes were not her type. 

*****

That night, Shin Hye was sitting at the front porch when Yong Hwa came to sit beside her.

"I love the shoes," she said.

Yong Hwa smiled, then shyly held her hand. She allowed him to, and she blushed when his fingers brushed against her soft skin.

"I like you," he confessed.

Shin Hye looked at him and asked when, and he said that he felt for her since two years ago.

"I was waiting for this day..." she said.

Yong Hwa turned to her.

"So...you...like me too?" he asked.

Shin Hye nodded.

He brought her hand to his lips and kissed her, then he brought her close to a warm embrace.

"We have been through a lot, but I do not want to miss this chance to say how I feel, and I do not want to let you go," he whispered. "Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

Shin Hye nodded happily and hugged him.

"This is my best birthday ever!" she squealed.

He rubbed her back and smiled in spite of himself. Min Hyuk was right. He should step forward to tell her how she felt, and not being the guy in the song, "Inpsector Mills."

 

~~~~END~~~~~

(up next, one shot suggestion Yong Shin x Hong Ki x another girl by bluenstar... and by the way, my full-length "Play Your Love" is already up.)

 

~~~~