Magic Word

Diary (Collection Of One-Shot Fics)

YongShin couple with Jung Shin (no, Jung Shinnie is not third party here... he is just the annoying/important party.)

****

In an interview (Star1 Vol.3 June 2012 Interview : CNBLUE’s Dream Escape), Yong Hwa said this:

I want to have a vacation abroad, If I can go I will absolutely take Jung Shin and go together. If I can put Jung Shin in my pocket, I really want to put him in my pocket and take him everywhere. I will pay for all of his expenses as well, as long as Jung Shin agree, no matter where it is I want to go with him. He really makes me willing to do things until this extent. Very comfortable, good at taking care of me, and concern about me… Really a brother that I really like.

****

Yong Hwa's officemates bid him goodbye.

"Hyung, it is a cool Friday night," Jin Woon said. "Chill out."

"You are such a killjoy," Wooyoung told Yong Hwa.

"Go out and have fun," So Young told him with her shrill and nasal voice. "You did nothing the whole week but do overtime, overtime, overtime."

"Arasseo, Noona, Wooyoung-ah, Jin Woon-ah," Yong Hwa said.

The three left him to finish his overtime work. The engineering firm had been busy these past few weeks because of a lot of projects, and Yong Hwa, being the assistant to the head engineer, was pushing himself to the limits.

He left the office and went to a bar, where he could unwind. He usually goes to bars by himself because he could not stand Wooyoung's lame drunken tendencies, where he would get drunk even after a gulp or two. It was no fun. Yong Hwa went to the counter and sat on the stool before ordering a bottle of beer. Of course, he was free to drink because he did not bring his car.

The bartender gave him his drink. As Yong Hwa gulped down some, his attention was shifted to a girl who was dancing y in the middle of the dance floor. The spotlights were on her, and the people, most especially the guys, were howling. She was really enticing to his senses that he could not stop at looking at her beautiful figure and her chic clothes. Even the way she danced had blown his mind away.

"I wonder who she is," he thought.

He had his gaze on her the whole time that she was dancing. Later, when he got bored, he went to look for her after she danced, but he could not find her, so he went home in disappointment. What could have been a naughty Friday night turned out boring.

****

The next day, he woke up to see rainbow on his window sill, so he got up in his tee and boxer shorts, and followed the rainbow. To his annoyance, the rainbow ended near the garden. He thought he should get into decent clothing, or his boxers might expose some things not required. And so he did. After putting on his jogging pants, he followed again the rainbow to the garden. When he saw the end of the rainbow, he saw a pot of gold and a little man in green. The man was as tall as a soda can, and he looked like he was mending some shoes.

"A leprechaun?" Yong Hwa asked in an audible voice.

The little man looked up in spite, and stood up.

"Ya! I am Korean, and there are no leprechauns in Korea!" the little man said.

"Omo, this leprechaun even speaks in Korean!" was Yong Hwa's statement.

"I told you I am not a leprechaun!"

"Then, what are you?"

"I am a dwarf," the little man said.

"Then, why are you mending shoes? And why do you have a pot of gold?" Yong Hwa asked him.

"I am mending MY shoes because the neighborhood cat chased me, and I tripped over some stones. And what you see as a pot of gold is not gold," the little man said.

Yong Hwa bent forward and saw something familiar inside the pot.

"What are those?"

"It's my food," the man said. "Popcorn is our staple food, unlike yours which is eaten for leisure."

It indeed was popcorn, and Yong Hwa took some without the dwarf's permission. He tasted it, and found it to be caramel-flavored popcorn.

"Jung Yong Hwa-imnida," he introduced himself.

"Jung Shin-imnida," the little man said.

"What is your surname?" Yong Hwa asked.

"Surname? Never heard of it," Jung Shin said.

"So, do you grant wishes like a genie?" Yong Hwa asked.

"Ya, do you take me for a fairy godmother?" Jung Shin asked. "I do not grant wishes even if I have magic. But I can tell you jokes."

And so, Yong Hwa squatted and listened to the dwarf.

"What is lethargy?" Jung Shin asked.

"Uhm... it is the state of being sluggish?" Yong Hwa asked.

"WRONG!" Jung Shin said. "It is the 'lethar' before 'lethar H!' Bwahahahahahah!!!!"

Yong Hwa frowned. He never thought that the dwarf could be this evil.

"What is tenacious?" Jung Shin asked.

By now, Yong Hwa might have guessed that the dwarf tended to tell literal jokes.

"Tenacious?" Yong Hwa asked. "Those are shoes worn when playing tennis."

"Very good!" Jung Shin laughed while rolling on the ground. "You really get the hang of my joke!"

Yong Hwa smirked. The dwarf was indeed fun to be with.

"Next. What is 'deposit'?" Jung Shin asked.

"Deposit, deposit," Yong Hwa murmured, trying to make sense of the word. "I give up...."

"It is the fixture on your sink where water flows out! Nyahahahahah!!!!" Jung Shin said before laughing.

Yong Hwa laughed. He told the dwarf that he could really be a good companion and friend.

"I can bring you anywhere I want and laugh all I want," he told Jung Shin. "Can I even place you inside my pocket?"

"Oooh~ I love pockets," Jung Shin said. "I love the warm compartments of clothes."

He told Yong Hwa that he would be telling jokes, but the catch is, the dwarf would do some magic so that Yong Hwa will look serious to their eyes, even if in reality, he was laughing hard at the jokes.

"By the way, your boxer shorts are peeking from your pants," Jung Shin said.

Yong Hwa stood up and pulled his pants up.

"You know, the scent of your breath tells me you had beer last night," the dwarf said. "Did you meet a beautiful lady at the bar?"

How did the dwarf know that, Yong Hwa asked himself. The dwarf told him that he can associate bar and beer, and it would be a given that if you go to bars, you meet people. If you are a guy, you meet girls. Common sense.

"Ah..." was Yong Hwa's dumbstruck answer.

The dwarf jumped up and down for Yong Hwa to bring him to his pad. And so, starting that day, Jung Shin became Yong Hwa's constant companion and joke doctor.

****

And so, Jung Shin went with Yong Hwa everyday to the office. Yong Hwa often wore ear buds so that his companions thought he was merely listening to music in his phone. And his friends saw the serious Yong Hwa as usual, but the fact is, Yong Hwa had been laughing like crazy at Jung Shin's jokes.

One day, a woman came in the office to talk to the company's payroll officer. She introduced herself as the CPA who was to do their new payroll, as the company had outsourced their payroll works. Yong Hwa passed by the office to grab some hot coffee when he saw the woman. To his shock, she was the woman who was doing some wild y dancing at the bar last Friday night. When the woman saw Yong Hwa, she greeted him and bowed politely.

"Ah, Yong Hwa-ssi, this is Park Shin Hye-ssi, from Im Tae Ree CPA Firm," their payroll officer said. "She will be doing our payroll works from now on."

"Annyeonghaseyo? Jung Yong Hwa-imnida," Yong Hwa said, then held out his hand for a handshake.

Shin Hye got his hand and shook it.

"Would you want some coffee?" he asked her.

Shin Hye smiled because he was polite and not to mention, handsome.

"Ne," she said.

The payroll officer and Shin Hye went to her office, where they talked about the outsourcing. Yong Hwa came in and brought in coffee, then stood at the back, looking at Shin Hye.

"Yong Hwa-ssi, are you not busy?" the payroll officer asked.

"Ah, anio. I just wonder why the payroll work has been outsourced," he asked the payroll officer.

"Ah, none of your business already," the officer said. "And by the way, thanks for the coffee."

"Thank you for the coffee," Shin Hye said to Yong Hwa demurely.

Yong Hwa blushed as he smiled. She was really different back there at the dance floor. So, he excused himself and went back to his office.

"Sooooo, that was the girl?" Jung Shin asked as he perched on Yong Hwa's shoulder.

"Ne, that was she," he told the dwarf. "Beautiful, right?"

"Ah, ne, she is a beauty," Jung Shin said. "You must get to woe her before somebody else does."

"Eh?"

"I heard that some Kim Heechul was courting her too," the dwarf said.

"Jinjja? Aish, I really need to win her," Yong Hwa said.

"You heard that she is from Im Tae Ree, right?" Jung Shin said as he grabbed a flute from his little pocket.

"Ne... I need to go there," Yong Hwa said with conviction.

Yong Hwa worked and worked, just like the way Wooyoung, Jin Woon, and So Young saw him often. But they did not know, Yong Hwa was singing along to the song that Jung Shin was playing in his flute.

****

That afternoon, Yong Hwa finished his tasks with no tasks left, much to So Young's astonishment. He went out of the building, rode his bicycle, and pedaled to a flower shop, where he bought a bouquet of pink roses. Then, he rode to Im Tae Ree.

When he got there, he asked the receptionist if the flowers could be deliverd to Park Shin Hye. The receptionist nodded and called upon the runner of the said office. The runner came, and upon seeing the flowers, smirked at him.

"Ah, you are the first person to ever give flowers to Shin Hye-ssi," he said while eliciting a laugh from the receptionist.

"Ah, geuraeyo?" Yong Hwa asked in slight embarrassment.

"Would you mind waiting?" the runner asked.

"Ah, I will not wait. Please just give this to her," he told the runner.

The runner took the flowers, bowed politely, and went his way. The gossipmonger that she is, the receptionist told Yong that even if Shin Hye's suitors come to the office, none of them came with flowers.

"You must be a very romantic man," the receptionist said.

"Ah... gamsahamnida," he told her.

Then, he went away.

****

Shin Hye received the flowers and asked the runner if the giver was still there. The runner told him that the giver went away. She pouted in disappointment. Nevertheless, she saw a card attached along with the flowers. When she opened it, she saw a note.

"If you don't remember me, I happen to be that engineer/loitering man who gave you coffee back at the engineering office. And I happen to see you last Friday night at Velvet Bar. You looked so beautiful, and I loved the way you danced."

Shin Hye remembered him very well. If she was not intelligent with numbers, she could not even remember the formation of Hangeul.

"Tsk... Yong Hwa is so sweet..." she smiled in spite of herself.

She was flattered that he even saw her back then at the bar, and even remembered her.

****

The next day, Jung Shin was stretching and doing some moonwalk on top of Yong Hwa's table when the latter was checking his face for the last time before getting his bag.

"Can I call you 'Hyung'?" Jung Shin asked.

Yong Hwa turned around to see the dwarf in a funny dance, so he laughed again.

"I can really be your hyung, you know? Bringing you around like a little brother makes me happy," he told Jung Shin.

"Ah, thanks for thinking of me that way, Hyung," Jung Shin said.

"Jung Shin-ah, can you help me win Shin Hye?" Yong Hwa asked the dwarf.

"I can do magic, Hyung, but love is a different story," Jung Shin said as he flipped. "You need to work hard on it for her to say the magic word."

"Aish, I thought you can be of great help to me," Yong Hwa frowned.

"I already told you, I am not a fairy godmother or a genie who can grant your wish," Jung Shin said. "I will only make you laugh."

The dwarf hopped onto Yong Hwa's shoulder, and Yong Hwa went out of his room.

****

The clinic nurse, Woori, came to the office one day to bring some nasal drink for Wooyoung when she saw Yong Hwa laughing like crazy while working on some plans. She got a bit upset when she saw Jung Shin dancing on top of Yong Hwa's table. Woori gave the drink to Wooyoung before giving a spiteful look at Yong Hwa, who saw her in such displeasure. When Woori got out of the room, Jung Shin said to Yong Hwa.

"I'm busted!" the dwarf said. "That woman has a third eye!"

"But, she won't tell anyone, will she?" Yong asked.

"That depends. And it also depends if people will believe her or not," Jung Shin said.

Nevertheless, he continued laughing at Jung Shin's jokes while Wooyoung and the rest thought that Yong Hwa was busy working on the plans.

"What is the Chinese term for 'the coffee table is too low'?" Jung Shin asked.

"What?"

"Ai Bang Mai Ni," Jung Shin said.

Yong Hwa laughed and laughed until his stomach hurt.

"How about the Chinese for 'why is your car here"?"

"Mwo?"

"No Pa King," the dwarf said.

Yong Hwa snortled until his chair flipped to the floor. Jin Woo reacted in the instant and helped his hyung.

"What's wrong, Hyung? I am sure that our seats are in good condition," Jin Woon said.

"Ah, nothing is wrong, Jin Woon-ah," Yong Hwa lied.

When Yong Hwa got back to his seat, Jung Shin apologized.

"Annyeonghaseyo?" a woman's voice called out to everybody.

All of them stood up, and Yong Hwa rushed on to give Shin Hye a seat. She smiled at his effort, which was noticed by his office mates. Yong Hwa offered coffee to her, and Shin Hye said that she had a meeting with the CEO of the company, and that she just stopped by to visit.

"Thanks for the flowers, Yong Hwa-ssi," she said demurely.

So Young and the rest giggled in their seats to see Yong Hwa doing his smooth moves. Jung Shin just watched as he ate his popcorn.

"Hyung and the girl look good together," he thought. "Ah, Hyung has to work hard for her to say the magic word."

****

Good thing for Yong Hwa, Woori did not tell anybody that she saw the dwarf goofing with Yong Hwa. She feared that nobody would believe her, considering that she's the company nurse.

Yong Hwa brought another set of flowers for Shin Hye at the CPA firm, and this time, he waited for her. When she received the flowers, she went out of the office to meet with him.

"Yong Hwa-ssi, these... so sweet," she said while blushing.

The runner and the receptionist exchanged meaningful and eager glances for the two. Yong Hwa invited her over for dinner, and she nodded. Both of them exchanged numbers.

"I will fetch you for dinner," he offered.

So, she told him where she stayed. The runner and the receptionist were all ooohhhs at the exchange of information. Looks like it was love at first sight at Yong Hwa's side.

"I'll be off in a few minutes, so please wait for me," she said.

Yong Hwa indeed waited, and when she came, he held her hand. Good thing for him, he brought his car instead of using his bike. Jung Shin got back to hiding inside Yong Hwa's pocket in his jacket.

"Hmmm.... I wonder how a date looks like!" the dwarf thought to himself.

When the two went away, Heechul came in, bearing some food. When he asked for Shin Hye, the receptionist said that she went away with her suitor. Heechul fumed because he thought he had the chance.

****

Indeed, that night, Yong Hwa went to her pad and fetched her. The dwarf was perching on Yong Hwa's head when he went to get Shin Hye. Yong saw that she dolled up real well, and she looked so pretty.

"Gaja," Yong said.

"Ne..."

"Ohhhh, so this is how a date starts!" Jung Shin thought as he pulled Yong Hwa's hair.

"Aya!" Yong Hwa screamed as he held his hair.

"Omo, is something wrong?" Shin Hye asked in concern.

"Ah....nothing... I think my clothes just ate some of my hair..."

"Amusing," Shin Hye said.

He opened the car door for her and let her in. Meanwhile, he flicked the dwarf's ear and told him not to tell him jokes during the date.

"Arasseo, Hyung," Jung Shin said. "I am a fan of you and Noona."

And so Hyung got in the car and drove off.

****

They went to a chic restaurant and enjoyed dinner together. Yong Hwa offered to take her to the bar that Friday night, and she gave in.

"CPA work is tiresome, that is why I drink and dance," Shin Hye said.

"Can I dance with you here?" he asked.

Shin Hye looked at the elderly dancing to some sweet waltz near the pianist, so she nodded. He stood up, asked for her hand. She took it, and allowed him to lead him to the middle of the dance floor.

When they got to the middle of the hall, he held her other hand, and her waist, while she held his shoulder and his other hand. They looked at each other in the eyes, talking without words. The elderly looked at the cuteness of the two and talked among themselves. The old couples also began to talk about the young couple as they danced.

Jung Shin peaked from Yong Hwa's pant pocket and began to look around.

"Ya... Hyung is turning round and round," he thought. "Aish, I hope there will be no third eyes here."

Good thing for him, none of the spectators had extrasensory perceptions.

"You are really beautiful," Yong Hwa said to Shin Hye.

"Gomawo," she said. "And you look like a prince."

"Hyung is a prince," Jung Shin said before eating his popcorn again.

"Gomawo," Yong Hwa said.

After their dance, the two of them went back to the table to continue their dinner. The dwarf crept out of Yong Hwa's pocket and sat on the table, grabbing some pieces of veggies from the plates. He worked magics again so that Shin Hye will not wonder about flying vegetables and flying potatoes.

****

After the date, as Yong Hwa was lying on his bed, he was thinking of Shin Hye: her soft hair, her silky smooth, her luscious lips, her bright eyes, her mild manners, her stylish clothes, and her y and naughty aura. He did not notice the dwarf tossing on his table, as if unable to sleep.

Shin Hye brought her palms to her cheeks, and felt them warm. Yong Hwa was adorable in his own way: his y eyes, his boyish grin, his gentle arms, his awkward way of getting her attention. Everything about him was so cute. Even his romantic way of bringing her flowers was really one that caught her heart. Unlike Heechul who was full of himself, Yong Hwa was humble and fun to be with.

"I think I am falling for him..."

****

That Friday, as Yong Hwa was driving to Shin Hye's pad before going to the bar, Jung Shin was telling him jokes again.

"Thanks to you, I am in good mood everyday," Yong Hwa said.

"Hyung, I might not be here all the time because I also need to bring food to my parents," Jung Shin said. "Stay happy all the time, and do not be stressed. Chill."

"Ne. Thanks for being here for me, Jung Shin-ah."

"Ah, cheonmaneyo, Hyung," the dwarf said.

Yong Hwa finally arrived, and fetched Shin Hye. Then, he drove to the bar where he first saw her. They settled at the counter, but he did not drink because he would be driving. Shin Hye did not drink too because she was being considerate for her date.

"May I dance?" she asked.

He allowed her to, because he wanted to see her dance again. She stood up and went to the middle of the dance floor along with the people. The DJ played G.na's "Top Girl," and she danced just like how G.na danced in the vid. It was not as wild as the y dancing she did the first time he saw her, but nevertheless, it blew his mind away.

"She... she is damn y..." he thought.

Shin Hye winked at him and beckoned him to come. Yong Hwa got a bit embarrassed and got to the center of the dance floor, and the people howled and cheered. He blushed when she began doing some mild dirty dancing on him, much to the delight of the crowd. He excitedly gave in to the dance and danced with her.

"Your girl is hot!" one guy said.

"Oppa! I want you!" a girl cried out.

"Ah, so that is how Noona got him," Jung Shin said while looking at the pair. He was sitting at the counter, eating the popcorn from his little sack. "I think I am a bit harsh on Hyung for not helping."

So, the dwarf waved his hand to the air, and magic flew over to the couple.

"Sorry, Hyung, I think that is just it," he said.

After the dance, Yong Hwa pulled Shin Hye by the hips and pulled her close.

"Saranghae," he confessed before pushing himself to give her a surprise kiss.

Everybody howled again, and she got a bit embarrassed after the kiss.

"Y...Yong, that was fast!" she exclaimed.

"Well, you are good at stealing my heart," he told her. "Without you knowing it."

She smiled at him and told him that she loved him too.

"Daebak!!!!" the people shouted.

"Ah, sorry Heechul-hyung, but my hyung won the girl," Jung Shin said. "And Hyung needs to give me french fries."

After some good hours of dancing at the dance floor, the couple went back to the counter to eat and drink--but not alcoholic drinks. Yong Hwa ordered french fries, much to Jung Shin's delight. The dwarf did not mind the couple being sweet and all because all he cared for was the fries.

****

That night, the dwarf was mending his shoes again at the roof of the car, not minding the couple being sweet inside the car.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Yong Hwa asked.

"Ne...." Shin Hye answered.

"It was love at first sight," he admitted.

"Ah, but you worked hard to get me," she said as she wrapped her arms around him.

He pulled her close for another kiss, and she closed her eyes at the sweet and luscious lips caressing hers. Her body was starting to get warm, and he too got warm with all the sweet kisses.

"Ah, just as I told Hyung, he needs to work hard on the magic word," the dwarf said happily as he pounded his hammer on his shoes. "Oh, when will Eomma and Appa buy me new shoes?"

Then, he examined his shoes.

"Ah, I wonder what Hyung and Noona are doing inside the car," he thought as he wore his worn-out shoes.

Yes, something was going on inside the car, making this Friday night one hot and naughty one.

 

~~~~END~~~~

(up next, YongShin romance vs YongShin bromance)

~~~~