It's Raining Cats And Dogs

Diary (Collection Of One-Shot Fics)

Min Hyuk and Woori pairing

****

Min Hyuk went in the lecture room and looked around. He saw his best friend, Jung Jin Woon, waving at him.

"Ya, Min Hyuk-ah!" Jin Woon greeted.

"Eo!" Min Hyuk said with a smile.

As he strutted to the back of the room, the girls looked at him in happy wonder.

"Is that really Kang Min Hyuk-oppa?" one girl asked.

"He is different from last year!" another said.

"Is he ever hawt!" one exclaimed.

"Awwwww..." they sighed.

Min Hyuk knew he was the object of affection of the girls, but he did not mind them. After all, he never cared about girls. He only cared about getting famous as a rockstar. And with Jin Woon on the guitars, he would be taking on the drums. And girls love drum-rocking guys.

"How did you manage to get a makeover in just half a year?" Jin Woon asked.

"Let's just say, it's not bad to change," Min Hyuk said in grand airs.

He turned to the girls and winked at them, sending them into nosebleed mode.

****

In high school (and even in middle school), Min Hyuk looked like a disheveled cat =(^.^)= with his shaggy hair and unkempt look. He was really childish and was always looking for food. He was smiling from ear to ear for no reason at all. Because of his childish appearance, many kingkas bully him. Jin Woon was his best friend since elementary, and he was doing all the defending for Min Hyuk, who would often cry like a toddler when he was being bullied.

Jin Woon taught him that he needed to fight, and in one time in high school, as one kingka taunted him, Min Hyuk scratched him hard that the kingka got a deep wound on his face. Since then, they did not bother to bully him.

But it was the girls who hated him the most. They liked Jin Woon for his good looks, but they resented him for having a cat for a pet. Min Hyuk was being taunted by the girls, and most especially, his first love, Goo Hara.

Upon graduating high school, Min Hyuk asked Jin Woon to help him into a makeover. With the other guy's help, Min Hyuk transformed from a silly and lovable boy into a snobbish and playboy-looking hearthrob in college.

****

One morning, Min Hyuk was alone in the library, doing some research. The girls all went to his table to look at him, but he just winked at them and continued studying.

"Oppa is cute!" one said.

However, one began to whisper.

"Ya, Miss is here!"

And they all went away from the table. Min Hyuk did not mind them but went on doing his assignment.

"Ya, you are in my table," a thin girl with sharp eyes and long hair told him.

And he looked up.

"Is there a name plastered here?" he asked.

The ire of the girl was aroused.

"Ya! I told you that it is my table! I had reserved that since I came here!"

The librarian came to them awkwardly, telling the girl to keep her voice low.

"And? I will tell my Appa if you will not allow me to fight for my territory!" the girl said.

"Woori-ssi, we know that," the librarian said. "But..."

"No buts!"

"Are you even a dog?" Min Hyuk told the girl.

"Mwo?"

"Dogs are territorial animals. You said this is your territory. So you are a dog," he coolly said.

"Mwo?" Woori asked as she slapped him.

"Slap me all you want," he said. "But you cannot make me get out of your table unless I finish my assigment."

Woori snatched his book, but he held it fast. She snatched his notebook, but he held it again. Then, she snatched his book, but someone got it.

"I had been looking for this!" Jin Woon said happily. "Gomawo, Min Hyuk-ah...."

Min Hyuk told Jin Woon to sit down, much to the annoyance of Woori, who walked out after being humiliated.

*****

That afternoon, Min Hyuk and Jin Woon parted ways after eating ice cream. Min Hyuk walked to the park to clear his mind of the thoughts of the day before going home.

Just then, he heard a woman shriek. To his astonishment, it was Woori, who was being surrounded by guys.

"Missy, just give us your money, and we will not hurt you," one thug sneered.

"And what if I won't?"

"That is your problem, not ours," the other said.

"Is there anything I can help you with?"

The thugs and Woori turned to the sound of the voice.

"Neo????" Woori asked in dismay, while Min Hyuk only smirked.

"Ya, Kid, if you are this girl's boyfriend, give us your money instead!" the leader said.

"Ya, he is not my namjachingu!" Woori ed.

"So? Give us your money instead!" the thug demanded to her.

Min Hyuk saw a stone on the ground and kicked it, and the stone hit the thug on the arm.

"Are you playing childish games, huh?"

"Bullying a lady is childish," Min Hyuk coolly said.

But the thugs were so angry that they charged at him, but they were no match because Min Hyuk was strong. After he was bullied in high school, he built up his body even if he was the nerd, and later, he dropped the nerd image to be Mr. Cool. The thugs could not believe that this skinny guy was too strong for them.

"Don't hurt us!" the thug begged.

But Min Hyuk kicked him hard, and he and the guys ran off.

"Gomawo," Woori said, dropping her pride.

Min Hyuk smirked.

"I help girls, and I am a gentleman," he said.

Woori bit her lips and smacked him on the arm.

"Mianhae," Woori said to him.

"About this event in school?" Min Hyuk asked. "Nah... Forget it."

Woor smiled at him.

"Do you want some ice cream?" she asked.

He just had ice cream with Jin Woon, but something free is better!

"Joha," he said with a smile.

He and Woori walked to the nearest ice cream shop (the shop where he and Jin Woon had eaten ice cream), and Woori treated him as a thank you gift. Many girls oggled at Min Hyuk and sighed because he was just so cute, and they cried because he was dating Miss .

After the ice cream date, he accompanied her home.

"So, see you tomorrow," he said coolly.

"Ne. See you tomorrow too," she said.

Then, she tiptoed and gave him a peck on his cheeks.

"Good night," she said before getting in the gates.

Min Hyuk smiled in spite of himself when he touched his cheeks.

"So cute... No other girl got my attention for more than ten minutes!" he thought.

Indeed, it was true. Their cat-and-dog fight that school hour got him engaged, as well as that incident at the park.

"She is interesting,"  he thought. "I might as well get to know her better."

That encounter that started as something stormy might just get him the girlfriend he was seeking.

 

~~~~END~~~~

(up next: Minami Shineyo one-shot)

 

~~~~