Dear Diary

Diary (Collection Of One-Shot Fics)

YongShin fluffiness. ^_^

****

Meet Park Shin Hye, the most popular girl in the campus. Every guy loved her for her slender and flawless legs, which were accentuated by her short skirts and super long pumps. Each guy loved her skinny frame, which was also enhanced by the beautiful tops that she wore. However, every girl hated her because all the guys, even though with girlfriends, would drool at her. The girls thought of her as a bully, but she did not mind.

"Can you blame me for being hot?" she would tell them.

She would carelessly pass each person by because she wanted to take advantage of the attention that she was getting.

One day, her bestfriend, Kang Sora, came to her with a problem in their Accounting subject.

"Shin Hye-ya, jebal?" Sora asked.

Shin Hye was not only the campus darling, she was also very intelligent. The two of them were inside their classroom, studying for a class discussion when they heard a husky voice singing outside in the garden. The two of them looked down to see another famous--or infamous personality in campus.

The blind guitarist.

"Whoa, his voice is amazing," Sora said.

Shin Hye felt the loneliness in his voice despite the smile on his lips. The blind guitarist was entertaining his classmates in their Music major. For a change, and for some inspiration, the teacher decided to hold the class under a tree.

"What's his name?" Shin Hye asked.

"They said...uhm... Jung Yong... Jung Yong Hwa?" was Sora's unsure reply.

From that day on, Shin Hye's thoughts never left Yong Hwa.

****

During lunch time at the cafeteria, Yong Hwa was sitting near the counter, waiting for his faithful friend, Kang Min Hyuk, to bring his food for him (because he was the one reserving the table for the two of them). When Min Hyuk came with their tray of food, he placed it in front of his blind classmate.

"Ahhh...carbonara," Yong Hwa said.

"Coz I know you like carbonara," Min Hyuk said.

"I can smell some dakbokkeumtang," he said to Min Hyuk. "Ah...I love it."

"Meokja (Let's eat)," Min Hyuk said.

Yong Hwa craftily grabbed the chopsticks, which Min Hyuk had placed at the former's right side. As they were eating peacefully, Yong Hwa heard excited murmurs getting louder.

"Mwoya?" Min Hyuk asked, irritated.

He saw Shin Hye coming to the counter to file, and Yong Hwa asked what the commotion was about.

"Your crush," Min Hyuk said dryly. "She's at the counter."

Yong Hwa turned around, deciphering the right direction to the counter. He, like the rest of the guys, fell in love with Shin Hye, but while the others love her for her beauty, Yong Hwa fell in love with her the moment he heard her voice one time in the same venue--the cafeteria. For him, she had an angel's voice.

"Shin Hye-ssi?" he called out.

Shin Hye, who was about to order, turned to look at him. When she saw it was the blind Yong Hwa, her heart suddenly leapt for joy.

 

Dear Diary,
Something good happened today
He finally called me by my name
I didn't know how to behave
What to say or do
I was so confused

 

"Annyeonghaseyo?" she greeted him politely, trying to maintain composure.

She really did not want to give away, and Sora had to elbow Shin Hye. Of course, Min Hyuk was watching.

"Is it all right if you...uh...eat lunch with us?" Yong Hwa asked.

The guys in the hall all looked at the despised blind man, who shyly invited the popular Park Shin Hye for lunch. The girls who fancied the blind guy fumed in anger. Does Shin Hye have to steal all the guys???

"Ah...ne..." Shin Hye replied coyly.

The guys gave up because she was giving her attention to the blind guy. After Shin Hye and Sora bought their meals, they went to the guys' table. Min Hyuk stood up so he could sit beside his classmate, so that the girls could sit across them. Sora sat across Min Hyuk, Shin Hye across Yong Hwa.

Shin Hye looked at Yong Hwa and thought he did not look like a blind man at all. There were no deformities in the outer layers of his eyes, but he was blind because he used his hands for eyes.

"Yong Hwa-ssi, Sora and I are your fans," Shin Hye gushed.

Min Hyuk and Sora looked at her. Sora thought she was sitted next to a new person, because Shin Hye never cared for anyone else but herself. She never noticed anyone, but suddenly, the blind singer took her sight away from everything else.

"Ah...geuraeyo?" Yong Hwa asked shyly, scratching his head. "Gomapseumnida..."

"Ah, anieyo..." Shin Hye replied. "I have never seen someone sing so good."

"Eonni, I can sing too!" Min Hyuk said, trying to divert Shin Hye's attention.

Shin Hye, though careless about other people's feelings, can be good-natured too.

"Ah, I will like to hear it," Shin Hye said to him.

Min Hyuk smiled sheepishly and said it is impolite to sing while everyone else is eating with you on the table. As Sora and Min Hyuk talked merrily, Shin Hye looked at Yong Hwa smiling and laughing along with the two. His toothy grin was a darling, and if she could remove all the other people in the hall, she wanted to pinch his cheeks and kiss those adorable lips. Even his laughter was so contagious that it sounded like music to the soul.

 

That afternoon, Shin Hye and Sora left the campus gates when they saw Min Hyuk and Yong Hwa with their other two friends, Lee Jong Hyun and Lee Jung Shin. The four friends talked about their gig, which was to happen this coming Saturday. They did not notice that the two girls were right behind them.

"I wish Park Shin Hye will come," Yong Hwa said.

"In your dreams, Bro," Jong Hyun mocked him.

"Isn't she, like, the most famous girl in the school?" Jung Shin asked. "Come on!"

"She might have joined us for lunch, but we don't know if it happens again," Min Hyuk told Yong.

Shin Hye felt a bit bad that Yong Hwa's friends were not supportive of his crush on her. Her chest was throbbing hard because she realized that his friends might be telling him to find a girl who can be easy to mingle.

Sora realized that her friend had a crush on Yong Hwa when Shin Hye told him after lunch that she wanted to hear Yong Hwa sing again. But when Sora heard Jong Hyun's mocking, she felt that it may seem impossible.

Sora held her friend's wrist so that the boys can get away, and Shin Hye looked at her bestie.

"Shin Hye-ya, let's show those two freaks that we are going to their gig," Sora whispered to Shin Hye.

 

Dear Diary,
I wanna talk to him again
But whenever he is with his friends
He keeps trying to pretend
But I already see
The way he feels for me

 

"I...I have to agree, Sora..." Shin Hye said.

"Why the hesitation?" Sora asked. "I thought that my bestfriend Shin Hye is the most confident girl in the universe. Why are you suddenly being hesitant?"

Shin Hye did not reply, but Sora grinned.

"Omo~~~~ you are in love!" Sora . "Why! The Park Shin Hye I know never looked at anybody but herself!"

"I guess...Yong Hwa took my sight away..." Shin Hye confessed. "He's all I see..."

"Wohooo!!!!" Sora cheered. "I am so happy for you, Girl. So~~ you wanna come with me to their gig?"

"N...ne..."

Just then, some hot guys came over to them. A lot of jealous girls saw the incident, stopped, and scoffed at the attention that Shin Hye was getting.

"Hey, so what are you gonna do tonight, Baby Girl?" Choi Jonghun asked as placed an arm around her.

Shin Hye flirted a bit as she tousled his hair before toying with his cheek. She, then, looked at the jealous onlookers in triumph before looking back at Jonghun.

"Well, Baby Boy, I'm not...busy tonight..." she said.

"So... are you gonna go out with me?" he asked.

Sora felt so disgusted just hearing Jonghun's advances.

"Ani," Shin Hye crooned. "I may not be busy, but I'll be sleeping early."

She calmly released herself from Jonghun's embrace and winked at him.

"See you around, Hot Guy," she told him. "Ciao!"

Sora strutted away with her bestie and frowned.

"Wow, Bestie, you sure pushed that braggart away!" Sora said.

"You know, I like hot guys, but I will let them chase me all they can... I will never give them the satisfaction," Shin Hye said.

"Wicked!" Sora told her.

"I can be a if I want to," Shin Hye replied.

Then, Sora noticed the sudden change of behavior.

"Ah, you were so sad when Yong Hwa's friends had forbidden him from dreaming about you, but you are back to yourself when Jonghun played around with you."

"Jonghun is different, Yong Hwa is different," Shin Hye insisted. "I will give Jonghun what he wants just as long as he cannot benefit anything from me. As for Yong Hwa... I just want him to know the real me..."

 

What can I do?
Tell me what can I say
When do I let him know I feel the same way?
How can my feelings be so hard to show when
I really want him to know

 

"I understand, I truly do," Sora said.

****

That Saturday, the two friends hung out at the bar where the guys usually played. At that time, it was only Jong Hyun, Jung Shin, and Min Hyuk who were playing. Jong Hyun's soulful voice caught the attention of many girls, who went so wild with delight. Some crazy girls shrieked and shrieked like they were trying to destroy their voice boxes, and some fainted on the spot. Some threw flying kisses at Jong Hyun, who obviously was enjoying the weird attention he was getting from the girls. Min Hyuk, from the drums, slightly stuck out his tongue in disgust, and Jung Shin coolly moved away so that his shoes won't get wet with all the flying saliva that came with most of the girls' screams.

"Yuck, what are THEY doing?" Shin Hye asked.

"Good thing, your fan boys are not doing THAT to you," Sora .

"Yuck, still yuck," Shin Hye cringed.

"Maybe Jong Hyun can just take all the kisses, make chocolate out of them, and sell them," Sora said.

"Ewwwww!!!!" Shin Hye cringed again. "Those girls are soooo pathetic!"

"Oh, but I bet that throwing your underwear to your idol is even more pathetic, ahahahaha," Sora said in amusement.

"Sora-ya, will you stop talking about disgusting things? Those kind of things just freaks me out, like worms crawling to my skin," Shin Hye said.

"Ara, ara, I will shut up, ahahahah," Sora said.

After the show, Jong Hyun and the guys bowed and went away, leaving the girls embarrassed that the handsome singer did not collect his "gifts" from them.  Some ran backstage after the guys, but Jong Hyun and the rest hid well in order to avoid being harrassed.

"Ew," Min Hyuk said to Jong Hyun. "Just what kind of girls fantasize you?"

"s?" Jung Shin joked.

"Aish, I love girls, but why do they have to behave like that?" Jong Hyun said. "Destroying your larynx just to get my attention? Tsk! I practice hard and do my best not to abuse my voice!"

"You better stop being a playboy," Yong Hwa said as he grabbed his guitar.

"Ah, yes, Yong, do you know that I recognized Park Shin Hye from among the crowd?" Jung Shin told him.

"Huh? Did...did she really come?" Yong Hwa asked in happiness.

"Aigooooooo," Jong Hyun said. "And I thought she was just a dream to you! Tsk tsk."

"Dreams come true, right?" Yong Hwa told them with a smile. "I'm just glad that she came."

He signaled to Min Hyuk to assist him in going to the stage, for he was not familiar with the setup. The Lee guys noticed that Yong Hwa was so eager to start performing already.

****

Shin Hye and Sora were boredly stirring their milkshakes when the girls screamed again when the lights of the stage . They saw a man sitting on a stool, and he was cradling a guitar.

"Yeoreobun, annyeonghaseyo?" Yong Hwa greeted, and the girls got wild with joy. "I will like to sing a song, which was popularized by Ken Zhu in his drama, 'Love Storm.'"

He began strumming his guitar, and his husky voice floated gently into the air. Shin Hye could not stop looking at him as he sang, and tears suddenly fell from her eyes. How can someone blind be so wonderful and talented?

 

Now, there's a place i want to show you
And don't you know it's not too far
And there's a place i want to know you
Inside of my guitar

In my guitar there is a garden
Where rainbows bloom and shine like stars
If you say no, i beg your pardon
Come inside of my guitar

I'll make you laugh
And make you sing
And we can play among the stars
And we'll make love and dance beneath the strings
Inside of my guitar

Come inside of my guitar

 

"Shin Hye-ya," Sora asked as she patted her friend. "Gwaenchanha?"

"Ne...." Shin Hye replied as she wiped her tears.

"You know, we should go to him," Sora said.

"And stalk him?" Shin Hye asked. "I may like him, but I will not do what the other girls do."

Sora stood up and held Shin Hye's wrist.

"Come on, Bestie," Sora said. "Now is your chance to make the move!"

And while Yong Hwa was singing some serenades to the other girls, Sora and Shin Hye went backstage, where they met the other guys.

"Annyeonghaseyo?" Sora greeted them.

The Lee guys' eyebrows went up in unison.

"Ah, ahahah, so you are here for Yong Hwa?" Min Hyuk asked with a smile, finding a way to shoo them off backstage.

"His biggest fan is here, you know," Sora said.

Shin Hye fumed, then took a glance at Jong Hyun, who looked at her in disgust. At least, she know knew two guys who never fell for her.

"You think I like you?" Jong Hyun asked her.

"And you think I will shriek at you like crazy?" Shin Hye shot back.

"Whoa! Easy, People," Jung Shin snapped at them. "Jong Hyun-ah, we all know that you hated the way girls acted today, but should you include the person who is not even interested in you? And Shin Hye-ya, do you always think that all guys like you? I personally don't."

Shin Hye lit up a smile.

"I am glad there are still guys who are not chasing me for my legs," she said.

Jong Hyun and Jung Shin looked at her from head to foot. Yeah, she was wearing those y pumps and the cute mini-dress, but they were the least .

"You look cute, but I prefer the nerdy girls," Jong Hyun said. "It gives me a lot of space to fantasize about them."

"Ew," Min Hyuk said.

"Aish, let's stop talking nonsense," Jung Shin said. "Let's wait for YOUR lover boy to come here."

Shin Hye began to blush.

"L...lover boy?" she asked them.

Min Hyuk and Sora grinned like the Cheshire cat when Shin Hye blushed and did not know how to act. Finally, Yong Hwa ended his act, and came in with his walking stick. After being led once by Min Hyuk, he had known the way. When Yong Hwa came in, he smiled.

"Park Shin Hye-ssi?" he called out.

The others got wide-eyed, even Shin Hye herself. Min Hyuk did not tell him that she was there, so how was the blind man able to decipher?

"Your cologne fills the air," Yong Hwa said admiringly.

Shin Hye bit her lips coyly as she tucked some stray hair behind her ears, and the Lee guys looked at each other in amazement. It was true. Yong Hwa's wish came true, but Shin Hye was also trying to act like she was interested.

They thought she was acting, but she was not.

"Annyeong...haseyo?" Shin Hye greeted, her voice trailing off.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Yong Hwa-ssi?" Sora greeted. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Sora-ssi?" Yong Hwa greeted back with a warm smile.

"Ah... Yong... I am kinda hungry..." Min Hyuk lied.

"Oh, please buy me some food," Yong Hwa said as he got his wallet off his pants.

"Uh, I am hungry too," Jong Hyun said. "But I don't wanna go out and eat in front of the girls. They're killing me."

"Shall we all go out and eat?" Jung Shin suggested.

"Let's!" Shin Hye said excitedly, and the other three guys looked at her, deadpan. "What?"

"Gaja," Jong Hyun said.

Shin Hye circled her arm around Yong Hwa and offered Min Hyuk that she'd be his guide for tonight. Min Hyuk was surprised, so he let her be.

"He's trained," Jung Shin told him.

"Ara," Shin Hye said, trying to find an excuse. "Just let me, huh?"

The other four exited quitely for fear of the fans, while the two lovey dovey people followed them.

****

The other three guys looked at Shin Hye in disgust as she fed Yong Hwa, who was smiling from ear to ear. Jong Hyun shook his head and suddenly felt his appetite leaving him.

"Oh dear, she is as pathetic as those screaming fans..." Jong Hyun whispered to Jung Shin.

"Geurae!" Jung Shin replied.

****

The other four waved them goodbye because Yong Hwa wanted to be alone with Shin Hye. The two walked along the park. She got to know the real Yong Hwa, who was a guy from a middle-class family. He was blind since birth, and he had learned how to fend for himself, though Min Hyuk, who was his bestfriend ever since, was guiding him faithfully.

She learned that despite his blindness, he was able to appreciate the other things which people do not see, and he could feel the emotions of people just by hearing their voices.

"You do not believe all that you see," he told her. "There are some emotions that can be denied with a smile, but not with how you say it."

He held her hand.

"Open your palm," he said, and she did.

He began to trace some letters into her hand, and she blushed. What did he write?

Actually, he drew.

A heart.

 

Dear Diary,
He wrote some letters on his hand
It wasn't hard to understand
I figured I'm part of his plans
But now I'm in his heart
I don't know where to start

 

"Yong Hwa...ssi..." she gasped, her body heating up in anticipation.

"Johahae (I like you)," he told her with a smile.

That toothy grin just got to her again, and all her sight for herself suddenly disappeared as she got into his world.

"May I touch your face?" he asked. 

"Ne?" she asked.

"I want to know your profile," he said.

Shin Hye held his hand and let him trace the countour of her face. Yet, his profiling included touching her ears and her jawline.

"You're so thin," he told her soberly. "Do you eat well?"

"I... I go on a diet, you see," she sheepishly said.

"I am worried," he told her. "Eat well, huh?"

She saw the worry etched in his eyes, and though his eyes had died, his heart could see her.

"Can...can I tell you something?" she asked him.

"Ige mwoyeyo?" he asked.

"My short encounter with you tonight let me realize many things," she said. "You who are physically blind understand many things as though your heart can see, but I who am able, is blind to the feelings of the people around me... I... I take advantage of the attention that the guys gave me, and I have fun without worrying about broken hearts."

"It's all right to enjoy attention, and I cannot blame you if you get it because you are so beautiful," Yong Hwa said. "But do not flirt like you are gonna make them hope, when, in the end, you are gonna break their hearts."

"I am guilty of that, I admit," she said.

"You are blind," he sadly told her.

"Ne...geureohchyo..." she replied sadly.

He noticed the sadness in her voice after he called her blind.

"M...mianhamnida..." he said. "I should not have said that..."

"Ah...gwaenchanhseumnida..." she said, wiping her tears.

He heard some subtle sniffs, so he held her cheeks and found them wet.

"You're hurt because no one had said those kind of things to you," he said.

"Ne...majayo (You're right)," she said.

She looked at him, for their faces were so close that all that was lacking was for her to kiss those soft lips.

"Can...I tell you something?" she asked.

He nodded, and she leaned forward to whisper, "Saranghae."

 

You're my secret hiding place
Where my private thoughts are safe
And just one look and he will see
What's inside of me

 

Yong Hwa felt his heart throbbing like he was over-caffeinated.

"Jin...jinjja?" he asked happily.

He leaned forward, their faces too close. She could feel him teasing her, his fingers to her cheeks, his thumb to her lips, his breath to her face. She closed her eyes and waited as that pair of soft lips gently landed on her upper lips for a tender kiss.

Shin Hye never had been kissed though she flirted with a lot of guys, and being kissed for the first time (and from the guy that she liked first) was really exciting and scary at the same time. Will she know how to kiss? Will she please him?

But it did not matter.

Yong Hwa tasted as sweet as his face, so Shin Hye kissed him with all the love her young heart could feel. It was the taste of first kiss that gave excitement and good feelings for the two.

After the kiss, Yong Hwa confessed he was really thankful that she also loved him despite his disability.

"I did not look into it," Shin Hye said. "The moment I heard you sing under the tree, you got me blind, but you got me to see the real thing. You make me see a wonderful person past that disability."

She hugged him tight.

"Thank you so much for letting me see," she whispered.

"I will do that because I love you," he replied.

"Just you see, I will also do all I can to show my love," she said.

"Will you be my yeojachingu?" he asked.

"I'm the happiest if I will be your girlfriend," she replied. "Of course I do."

And so, the two of them got to be lovers that night.

****

The next day, the girls cried when their gentle balladeer was stolen by the , and the guys frowned when their princess got stolen by the pauper. But for the two, it did not matter anymore because they were in love. And with their encounter, they have seen and distinguished the truth from lies.

 

What can I do?
Tell me what can I say
When do I let him know I feel the same way?
How can my feelings be so hard to show when
I really want him to know

What can I do?
Tell me what can I say
When do I let him know I feel the same way?
How can my feelings be so hard to show when
I really want him to know

Dear Diary
Dear Diary
Dear Diary
Dear Diary

 

 

~~~~END~~~~~

Inserted songs: "Dear Diary" by M2M, and "Inside Of My Guitar" by Ken Zhu of JVKV.

 

up next, more YongShin fluffiness! ^_^

 

~~~~