I Only Have You

Diary (Collection Of One-Shot Fics)

YongShin request by grace17

****

Shin Hye's POV

I am Park Shin Hye, and this is my life...

I used to be a princess... Well, not the royal kind of princess, if you know what I mean. I am a daughter of the owner of a shipping company which was famous in the past. I used to have all the luxuries that a little girl could ever want. Toys, good books, fancy clothes and shoes...

Until I turned nine... and I met an accident along with my parents. I almost died, but my parents succumbed. It was the saddest day of my life because I was alone. I was all alone. I do not have any siblings, and my relatives would not take me in. One friend, who was my father's lawyer, had told me that my father had pre-planned his funeral years after I was born, and it was stated that I will not have my father's inheritance until I am twenty-one years of age.

I did not understand what planning your funeral meant, and I did not understand what inheritance meant. The only humane (but still cruel) option (and I could not say option) or thing left for me is to be placed in an orphanage.

I am currently a first year student in university, and truth to be told, it is hard. I had known hardship through all my life. That accident had changed my life forever. Maybe it had even prepared me for the worst...

I did not have money for university, but I was glad that despite the hectic schedule I had in third grade in high school and the CSAT, I was still able to earn. I am a waitress here in the coffee shop owned by Jung Woo Bin-sajangnim, a rich old man whom I had never seen my entire life. His family, as I have heard, were uber strict and looks down upon employees, but the old man was different. I have learned from my manager that it was the old man who granted scholarships to working employees. He was the one who granted me my scholarship to go to Business School. The old man, I have heard, wanted his employees to go to Business School. I do not know what other courses to take, and I think Business School is a good way. When I will be turning twenty-one two years from now, maybe I can stop working in this coffee shop and live by the inheritance for a bit... if it can be helped.

Omo... my manager and the other employees are talking about a certain Young Master who had just arrived from London. Who could he be?

 

End of POV

****

Yong Hwa's POV

I have just finished a series of fashion shows in London, and I still have to attend to my London fashion business of two years. I am twenty-four and very much successful, having had my own fashion line and business since I was in college. No other kid had that feat, and I am proud to say that I am a self-made man. My family is into business, but I do not like having to engage in mining and ship building. What the heck? Those are not my types. I am not close with my family, which is why I never got their taste in business.

It was sad that I have to leave London and my business to my business partner, Lee Jung Shin, also a model himself. My parents said that I had to get back to Korea STAT. Well, STAT is a jargon that means "shortest turnaround time," a thing I got from my previous girlfriend, who is a nurse.

I arrived at the airport and hailed a cab, then straight to the manor. When I got there, my parents did not even let me rest. They told me something that had me shocked: I was being engaged to some girl whom I have never known. It was displeasure to be involved in a plan which I have no interest in. And as it was a matter of future, I think courtship, love, and marriage should be my own decision, not my parents! But they refused, no matter how much I explained. They said it was all stated in Harabeoji's will.

I was damn frustrated that I went to my harabeoji and told him about it. My harabeoji told me he had stated it in his will that I get married to the daughter of his friend. But why should I comply? Harabeoji said he will disown me if I do not comply. I thought of ways to convince him (or even threaten him) until I remembered that he had a coffee shop that was mediocre compared to the fast rising coffee shops in Gangnam. I told him I will manage it successfully, and if I do, they will have to forget about my fixed marriage.

Then Harabeoji shot three fingers.

He wanted me to prove my worth in three months.

Three months? It took me almost a year to be established in Korea, and Harabeoji expected me to succeed in three months? Well, I am Jung Yong Hwa, and I had gotten over obstacles. I told Harabeoji I will accept the deal.

I cannot be defeated. So, on to my next stop. The coffee shop.

End of POV

****

"Annyeonghaseyo?" the employees greeted a young man who was wearing smart clothes.

"O, Annyeonghaseyo?" the manager greeted from the counter. "I did not expect you to be here, Young Master."

The man in smart clothes, the young man, happened to be Yong Hwa.

"Annyeonghaseyo?" Yong Hwa greeted the manager.

He called on the manager and went to the conference room inside the shop. Yong Hwa discussed with the manager the stipulation regarding the fixed marriage and the success of the coffee shop.

"Algesseumnida," the manager said. "We will work hard, just as we have up to now."

Yong Hwa shook his head. He wanted his employees to double their work... That means, that if they had been very lenient with their work, they will have to work their bones off. The manager knew what that meant. It was the trademark of the Jung family. Yong Hwa nodded and stepped out of the door. But all of a sudden, he stopped on his tracks, making the manager collide him from behind.

"Min Hyuk-ssi, who is that girl?" he asked in a casual but shocked tone.

The manager squinted his already-chinky eyes and looked at the person in question.

"Oh, that is your Harabeoji's latest employee. She had been here last year when she was just in third grade," Min Hyuk said.

Yong Hwa stared at the female worker, who was busy accomodating customers and taking their orders. Yong Hwa had to admit, but he had never been captivated by a smile before.

"Her name is Park Shin Hye," Min Hyuk explained. "She is one of the scholars."

By the mere mention of "scholar," Yong Hwa's heart melted. Having been working on his own and not relying on his parents while being in school, he knew the feeling. He always had a spot for those working students. He instructed Min Hyuk to gather the employees so that he can talk with them. Min Hyuk nodded and gathered all the employees, save for Shin Hye, who was still busy accomodating customers. And there, during the small meeting, the employees got to know who Yong Hwa is, and they shook in fear the moment they knew his rules.

"Ne..." they said.

****

Yong Hwa stayed in the shop the whole day to learn the tricks of the trade. He was busy that he had no time to even talk with the manager. He was, instead, working like he was one of the staff.

"Ah...so tired," he thought as he sat at the counter.

"Jung-jangnim, would you like some coffee?" Shin Hye asked politely.

Yong Hwa smiled his boyish toothy grin at her, making her blush and bow for being rude.

"Animnida, gwaenchanhseumnida," he said with his boyish charm.

He found it odd to be flirting with an employee, but she was just so pretty and cute...no...beautiful is the right word.

"Caffe Americano, please," he said amiably.

Shin Hye bowed politely before going to the counter to prepare his coffee. He stared at her in wonder that Min Hyuk and an employee looked at each other before looking back at their boss.

"Jong Hyun-ah, did you see that?" Min Hyuk gossipped.

"Ne, Boss, I did," Jong Hyun said. "Jung-jangnim is attracted...ani...in love with Shin Hye."

The two of them smirked and went back to their own places. Shin Hye came back to Yong Hwa, bringing his cup of coffee. Yong Hwa saw the fern coffee art on his coffee and smirked.

****

That afternoon, midshift, Shin Hye bid everyone good bye, because she still have to attend to her classes. Yong Hwa was smiling in spite of himself when Jong Hyun passed by, bringing a  tray of cups.

"Areumdawo," Yong Hwa said, breathless, not knowing that Jong Hyun was near.

"Ah...ne..." Jong Hyun answered gingerly.

Yong Hwa realized that someone was there, so he turned to see the barista. He noticed Jong Hyun's eyes that he could not help but pout in contempt.

"For some reason, I think of you as a threat," Yong Hwa told him foolishly.

"W...waeyo?" Jong Hyun asked innocently, looking at the owner's grandson with his fierce but mysteriously sad eyes.

"You seem to like Park Shin Hye," Yong Hwa accused him.

"Jeo...jeoneun... Shin Hye-ssi-reul johahaji anhseumnida (I don't like Shin Hye)," Jong Hyun explained. "N..not that I don't like her... I like her because she is nice...but she is like a dongsaeng to me already..."

"Are you sure?" Yong Hwa asked.

"N...ne..." Jong Hyun replied.

Yong Hwa looked at him with triumph.

"Joha... I am interested in her, you know?" he said.

"Ah...ne... it is obvious," Jong Hyun said.

Yong Hwa softened a bit.

"Mianhae... I tend to be discriminating at people at times," he said.

Jong Hyun bowed politely and gingerly before leaving Yong Hwa to daydream.

****

Yong Hwa started to like working in the coffee shop because he could see Shin Hye. The female employee, polite as usual, treated him the same way she gave respect to Min Hyuk.

One Saturday afternoon was Shin Hye's day off. Yong Hwa was driving to Hongdae when he spotted her walking, so he pulled over and stopped in front of her. Shin Hye puffed some air in annoyance, but had to bow in fear when she saw Yong Hwa opening the car window.

"Annyeonghaseyo?" she greeted in fear.

Yong Hwa smiled at her.

"Eodi ga?"

"Uh... b...pyeonijeom-e gamnida (I am going to the convenient store)," she politely said.

He smiled at her and told her to come in. He opened the car and beckoned her. She pointed at herself, and he told her to come in.

"I know you are not going to the convenient store," he told her when she closed the door of the car.

"Eh?"

"You are only giving that excuse because you are afraid of me," he told her gently.

She did not maintain eye contact with him. She was obviously scared of him.

"Please do not be afraid of me, Shin Hye-ssi," he told her.

She turned to him shyly and told him to speak informally to her.

"Yong Hwa-nim is my boss, so he can speak to me informally," she said.

He really liked her because she was a shy maiden whom he can only encounter in fairy tale books. She told him that she was just actually killing time because she was bored in the dorm where Jung Woo Bin's scholars stayed. She got out of the orphanage after graduating high school, and so, she stayed in the dorm. Yong Hwa smiled at her and drove off.

He brought her to Gangnam, where everyone is rich, or even pretend to be rich. He went shopping with her or even brought clothes for her. She hesitated because she did not want guys to buy clothes for her.

"I am not just a guy," he protested cutely. "I am your boss."

She blushed and apologized politely.

"I can bring all the shopping bags," she offered. "I am your employee."

"I am a guy," he told her. "It is impolite for a guy to let a girl hold all the shopping bags."

Shin Hye giggled for the first time. She did not tell him that it was her point that he was a guy. He did not ask her why she laughed, but he just enjoyed the sound of her laughter on his ears. He invited her to coffee, and she politely accepted. He could have coffee at the coffee shop, but he knew that his employees, particularly the manager, was extremely sly and sharp. He knew the guys could not afford the Gangnam style (no, not related to Psy's Gangnam style), so he brought his crush there.

Shin Hye worked in the coffee shop, but oddly, is not fond of coffee. When she tasted the Caffe Americano that he ordered for her, she cringed. He also ordered Irish latte, in case she wanted something creamy and sweet. She liked the latte and was diligent enough to finish it. As she did not finish the Americano, he drank it for her instead.

As they were drinking coffee, he started the conversation. He told her that he had a soft spot for working students because he was once a working student--a businessman student, that is. He knew the hardship of juggling studies and work, that is why he was kind to her.

"Please do not mistake my kindness for pressure," he said. "I just like you."

She looked at him in the eye, then nodded.

"G...geuraeyo?" was her unsure answer.

"Please do not think of me as your boss while we are together," he said. "I just want to get to know you more."

She was hesitant to open up to him because he was too fast about it. He told her about his hardship in London, but he did not mean to brag. He just wanted to tell her that despite not being close to his family, he was able to stand for himself. She also told him her sad story, and even told her that she planned to stop working once she turns twenty-one.

"But on the other hand, I think I have to continue," she said. "I am under the scholarship program after all..."

"Do you like going to noraebangs?" he asked.

She shyly nodded, and he told her not to be shy around him. He told her she should only give him that fear when at work, so she nodded again. They drove out of Gangnam and went to a chic noraebang, where she learned that he loved to sing. First, they started something fun, with Yong Hwa singing to Psy's "Gangnam Style." (I know, this is not his style). Shin Hye started to open up and sang to T-ara's "I Go Crazy Because Of You."

Later, Yong Hwa sang a CN Blue song (My Miracle) because he had been loving this song since he had heard it. Shin Hye looked at him in admiration, like he was some sort of a music icon that fans idolize.

 

Such a feeling’s coming over me from you
There is only one wish on my mind

I long to be close to you
I long to be close to you
I’ll be on your side Forever more

You are a miracle to me, miracle to me
Let me tell you this
I don’t wanna lose your love, my love

You are a miracle to me, miracle to me
Let me tell you this
But, I can not explain how much I love you

How can I tell you now?
How can I say to you?
There is only one wish on my mind

I long to be close to you
I long to be close to you
I’ll be on your side Forever more Forever more

I long to be close to you
I long to be close to you

 

"He is good," she told herself.

She felt her heart beating fast when he looked at her with his y eyes. He looked like one who had indeed fallen for a girl that he had liked.

 

You are a miracle to me, miracle to me
Let me tell you this
I don’t wanna lose your love, my love

You are a miracle to me, miracle to me
Let me tell you this
But, I can not explain how much I love you

You are a miracle to me, miracle to me
Let me tell you this
I wanna hold you tight tonight, my love

You are a miracle to me, miracle to me
Let me tell you this
But, I can not explain how much I love you

Such a felling’s coming over me from you
There is only one wish on my mind

I long to be close to you
I long to be close to you
I’ll be on your side Forever more Forever more

 

After the song, he handed her the mike, and came the song which she had chosen. She took the mike shyly and started to sing. He loved how she sounded so sweet when she sang the cute pop song, "Love Is Only You," by AOA.

 

Love is only you Love is only you
Love is only you yeah
Love is only you (ma Love is only you)
Love is only you (ma Love is only you)
Only you (ma Love is only you you you)

When I listen to good songs, when I walk on pretty streets
I think of you, I think of you
just thinking of you makes me nervous
When I watch good movies, when I wear pretty clothes
I keep thinking of you and smile

Though I don’t say it, I know it by feeling
My heart is speaking of love

You are my sunshine of my life my sunshine of my heart
Oh, always whisper love to me by my side
You are my sunshine of my life my sunshine of my heart
I will be held tightly in your embrace and dream baby

Love is only you (ma Love is only you)
Love is only you (ma Love is only you)
Love is only you (ma Love is only you you you)

Uh even if you don’t try to make me laugh,
even if you don’t have funny stories
I laugh for no reason when I look at you,
I smile without a reason
I won’t be nervous that you will find out
how I feel because you’re a bit special
I won’t hide myself, I want to
show you my heart for you
I want to be an unconditionally giving tree for you

Look at me, tell me you love me
Can you hear my heart beating?

You are my sunshine of my life my sunshine of my heart
Oh, always whisper love to me by my side
You are my sunshine of my life my sunshine of my heart
I will be held tightly in your embrace and dream baby

Even when I’m blue, if I think of you,
a smile spreads on my face
24 hours a day, oh oh, is not enough
and I think of you all day
Oh no no no no no

 

"After my ex-girlfriend, I thought that I would never love again," he thought. "I am in love with Shin Hye."

Thus, he continued staring at her, admiring that sweet face singing in front of him.

 

You are my sunshine of my life my sunshine of my heart
Oh will you softly hold my small two hands?
You are my sunshine of my life my sunshine of my heart
I will confess to you everyday, I love you, I love you baby

Love is only you (ma Love is only you)
Love is only you (ma Love is only you)
Love is only you only you (only you)
only you only you (it’s you)

 

After the song, she declared that she was tired and wanted to go home. He offered to take her, but she refused.

"It might be an issue that I am flirting with the grandson of my benefactor," she told him.

He told him it was all right, and that if some scandal might brew up, he was willing to explain to his grandfather. She insisted, so he had to give up. She requested him to drop her off at the corner. And he did as she requested.

On the way home, he confessed to her that he wanted to have fun as a young guy because he would be married soon. She looked at him and asked if his girlfriend knew about her. He only shook his head.

"My ex and I broke up years ago, but," he said. "My bumonim told me that I am engaged to someone. And I had never even met the girl."

He told her of his agreement with his grandpa, but he did not tell her that he was willing to make the coffee house successful so that he can be with her instead.

"Engagement is really sad," she said.

"Ara...."

Finally, he dropped her off near the dorm and watched her go. He was so in love with her that he could not help but let out a sigh.

****

For a month, the sales and productivity of the coffee house increased, and Yong Hwa spent his energy to make the coffee house successful. He had two months to continue to prove to his harabeoji that he wanted to back out from the arranged marriage. But, at the same time, he and Shin Hye were secretly dating behind everyone's back, and not even his parents knew because he started wearing disguises just to be with her.

And during that span of time, Shin Hye also started to fall in love with him because he was not acting like the son of some chaebol.

****

A month before the deadline, Woo Bin saw a dramatic improvement to the performance of the coffee shop. He was proud of his grandson, but he reminded him that he still had a month to continue to prove. Yong Hwa lit up a smile, feeling happy that he would succeed.

****

It was a humid Saturday afternoon when a stiff man came in the coffee shop. Shin Hye was supposed to be off-duty, but she covered for the other waitress. Min Hyuk greeted the man who came in, who declared that he wanted to talk to Shin Hye.

****

Shin Hye and the man talked in the conference room inside the coffee house.

"I am not sure if you remember me," the man said. "I am Choi Segwang, the lawyer who had explained to you regarding your inheritance."

She suddenly remembered who he was, so she welcomed him warmly. As he was a lawyer who meant business, he told her of the other part of the will which he did not explain to her when she was young. He only told her now because she was of legal age. And all he had discussed to her was about her engagement to his nephew.

"M...mworaguyo?" she asked, her face getting pale.

She had fallen in love with Yong Hwa already, and she could not accept it that she was being betrothed to some young man whom she had never met. Choi-byeon told her that she had no right to protest because it was stated in his father's will.

"You will meet the young man tomorrow evening," the lawyer told her.

He gave her full details, and he told her that he will be the one to pick her up. Then, he left.

So, during the whole time that she worked at the coffee house, she was lifeless. Her plans that she had set up for the future will all be put to waste because of the fixed marriage. She understood what Yong Hwa had been through, and she felt that the two of them were fated to be sad for the rest of their lives.

****

When she got to the dorm, she picked from among her clothes the best that she could find, until she found the scarlet princess mini dress that Yong Hwa had bought for her. She also found the white mini dress that he also bought for her. She chose the scarlet one, hoping that the red color of the dress will remind her so much of his love for her.

"How can I go on being with that guy, when all I am thinking of is Yong Hwa?" she wept.

Preparing for her date was like going to the a building with no exit.

****

The family was sitted at the table, waiting for the old man's son-in-law to come. Yong Hwa was fidgetting in his seat, and he was getting impatient. His bumonim were very much displeased that Yong Hwa might not push through with the wedding because the coffee shop was doing better than expected. Woo Bin was ambivalent. He wanted the coffee shop to succeed, but he also want Yong Hwa to be married to the girl who was the daughter of his friend.

And the son-in-law came in with the girl. Yong Hwa stood up, unable to register the event.

"Sh...Shin Hye?" he asked in shock.

Shin Hye looked up to see that he was the one being engaged to her.

"Y... Young Master?"

Woo Bin and Yong Hwa's parents knew that Shin Hye knew Yong Hwa and that Yong Hwa knew Shin Hye. And they expected the shock in their expressions though they never knew that it was because the two were secretly dating. Shin Hye was offered a seat, and sat down beside Yong Hwa. Both of them could not believe that they were being engaged to each other.

Woo Bin introduced himself to Shin Hye, as well as to his son, Yong Hwa's father, and to his daughter-in-law, Yong Hwa's mother. The son-in-law who came happened to be the lawyer, who is also Yong Hwa's eomeoni's brother.

"I am your father's business friend in the shipping industry, and years ago, we already have that agreement. I just did not expect him to die so early," Woo Bin said.

Shin Hye looked at Yong Hwa helplessly, and she felt him hold her hand from under the table.

"You see, Shin Hye-ssi, Yong Hwa was adamant into getting away from the engagement, so he made a deal with me," the old man said.

He shared to the lady what the agreement was about.

"It seems that he will be successful in getting away from the engagement and choose any girl that he likes," Woo Bin said. "So I am telling this to both of you. If Yong Hwa will be successful by the end of next month, the third month, we will break your engagement."

Yong Hwa spoke up.

"If that is the case, then, I will not continue in making the coffee house successful," he told everyone.

His parents all lit up smiles, for Yong Hwa had finally given in. Woo Bin frowned because the coffee house will not be successful.

"So that means, you accept Shin Hye to be your fiancee, geuchyo?" his eomma said.

Yong Hwa shook his head.

"I am not abiding by the engagement either."

His abeoji stood up and punched the table.

"Then, what is it you want?" the middle-aged man screamed.

Yong Hwa began to relate that he and Shin Hye had been in a romantic relationship without knowing that each one was engaged to the other. He wanted to get away from the engagement because he wants to be on a relationship with her on a no-pressure level. When he meant no-pressure, he meant that he did not want the two of them to be married so soon. And Woo Bin smiled.

"Her father and I had a deal, but I guess it will not be followed," the old man said. "But the outcome is something that we both have wanted."

"Gamsahamnida, Harabeoji," Yong Hwa bowed as he replied.

Shin Hye also thanked the old man, whom she had just seen at this occasion. Yong Hwa's eomma and appa smiled because their son will finally be in an open relationship with Shin Hye.

"How about the coffee shop?" Harabeoji asked.

"I already backed out from the deal, so it is up to you to decide," Yong Hwa said. "Actually, I miss my business in London, and only Jung Shin is currently managing our affairs."

"Everything turned up wonderful as expected," Woo Bin said. "How about this? You need to continue the last month that was part of the original deal. After that month, you can do anything you like, be it to continue to manage the coffee shop or continue with your fashion business."

Yong Hwa did not expect it, but he was glad that his harabeoji gave a fair resolution. His shop in Gangnam was doing fine, but his store in London was faring better. He had to plan with Jung Shin on what to do. And for the rest of the dinner date, the elderly were getting very amused at the polite way Shin Hye was acting or speaking to them. Harabeoji was not wrong in dealing with Shin Hye's father. Even if the deal did not end up the way they exactly wanted it to, the most important thing is that Yong Hwa and Shin Hye got to be lovers.

****

Jung Shin and Yong Hwa agreed that the former will have to manage the London branch while the latter will manage the Korean branch. Yong had successfully completed the three months, and that the coffee house was more famous than the ones in Gangnam. He found it a great challenge to manage the fashion house and the coffee house, but he was always successful in everything that he did.

****

And true to her father's wishes, Shin Hye got her inheritance.

She graduated Business school and took graduate studies. Soon, she was the one managing the coffee house because Jong Hyun, the barista, was promoted and was assigned to the newly opened coffee house, which Yong Hwa had established in Hong Dae. Min Hyuk became manager to the fashion boutique that Yong Hwa had in Gangnam,  while the owner travelled to Italy to establish a new branch.

****

As was the wish of the ancestors, Yong Hwa and Shin Hye continued dating despite their busy schedules, often flying to Hong Kong or Macau to go on vacations and be together. Yong's eomma liked Shin Hye so much that she treated the young lady like her own daughter, and even about giving Yong Hwa several children.

And so, it came to pass that Yong Hwa and Shin Hye eventually got married and lived together happily.

****

Shin Hye's POV

Not all fairy tales involve witches or evil stepmothers. Mine have that fateful accident, living in an orphanage with others like me, juggling school and work, and being in a weird engagement. But I still get to be happy in the end with my Prince who loves me dearly. Love is only you, Yong Hwa...

 

Yong Hwa's POV

I thought that love is nothing and that success is everything. But love can bring me back to reality and make me realize that life is wonderful when you love someone. And I realized that the moment I laid my eyes on my Princess. Shin Hye, you are my miracle...

 

 

 

 

~~~END~~~~

Lyrics translations and videos care of respective owners. Gamsahamnida...

There are two requests made even if I had not opened my services, but I will accept the two requests, a YongShin request by yuri252 and a Minami Shineyo request by petrabigail. I will accept these first... and stop until there yet...

Please wait for me to open the requesting because I am kinda busy lately.... And sorry for the very late update. For understanding, gamsahamnida...

 

~~~~