Play Your Love

Diary (Collection Of One-Shot Fics)

My Minami Shineyo fanfic, as promised!

Mi Nyu and Shin Woo pairing.

*****

Mi Nyu and Tae Kyung became one hot couple in the dorm, leaving Shin Woo and Jeremy to be loveless. But a few weeks from now, Mi Nyu will be flying to Africa for a mission with her nun friend.

A few days before her leave, Coordi Noona and Jeremy organized a farewell and good-luck party for Mi Nyu. It was Jeremy's specialty, and he thought it was the best way he could give her, at least.

Shin Woo brought in desserts from the most expensive pastry shop he could find, hoping that the yummy treats could make her change her mind. However, during the party, Mi Nyu did enjoy the pastry he had bought, but she opt to share it with her Hyungnim instead. He only let out a small smile when she thanked him for the pastry, but deep inside, he was hurting.

"Ya, ya, let's go to a noraebang!" Mi Nam suggested.

"I am in!" Jeremy said.

"Why do you like noraebangs so much?" Tae Kyung asked, exasperated.

"Because it is fun!" Jeremy said. "Shin Woo-hyung, come with us!"

"Arasseo," he calmly replied.

Mi Nyu and Tae Kyung hopped in his car, while the other two younger ones hopped in with Shin Woo. They went to the noraebang, and later, Coordi Noona and Manager Ma arrived to join.

Jeremy sang first, much to Mi Nam's irritation. It was Mi Nam who suggested going to a noraebang, but it ended up Jeremy singing first. Coordi Noona even argued with Mi Nam and started to sing a song by After School: Play Your Love.

"Is Noona heartbroken?" Jeremy asked Shin Woo.

"Not that I know of," he calmy replied.

Mi Nyu was staring at the screen when Tae Kyung held her hand and allowed her to lean on his shoulder. Shin Woo saw it, but kept his mouth shut to hide the pain.

"Oh, by the way, I need to go first," Shin Woo said.

"Wae?" Mi Nam asked.

"Lee Jong Hyun of CN Blue invited me to an event," he said. "It's his birthday today."

"How come we were not invited?" Mi Nam complained.

"Molla," Shin Woo said.

"It seems you are getting more invites out of our circle," Tae Kyung finally commented. "Please tell Jong Hyun our greetings."

"Can I go with you?" Jeremy begged.

"Ah...I am afraid I have no authority over it," Shin Woo joked. "If you are really interested, I can give you Jong Hyun's number."

Jeremy got the number from Shin Woo, but Jeremy had no guts to tell Jong Hyun that he wanted to be a gatecrasher. And so, Shin Woo started to go.

"By the way, Tae Kyung, I will be back before twelve," Shin Woo said.

"Why are you asking my permission?" Tae Kyung asked. "I am not your Appa."

"But you are the leader," Shin Woo said. "Ciao."

Then, he left.

*****

The gang had finished their jam, so they started to go home.

"I wonder if Shin Woo-hyung is having a blast," Jeremy asked.

So, he dialed Jong Hyun's number first. He greeted him happy birthday.

"Jeremy-seonbaenim, is Shin Woo-hyung there?" Jong Hyun asked.

"Huh? I thought he was there. He said he was going there," Jeremy said.

"But Jung Shin said that there was never a sign of Shin Woo-hyung," Jong Hyun said over the phone.

"Ah, geurae?" Jeremy asked, confused and upset. "Arasseo, I will try to call him."

After he hung up, he looked at Tae Kyung, who was driving.

"Hyung, Jong Hyun-hyung said that Shin Woo-hyung was not there," Jeremy told him.

"Maybe he went somewhere else," Tae Kyung said.

But Jeremy was starting to feel anxious. There seems to be something wrong.

"Gwaenchanhseumnikka, Jeremy?" Mi Nyu asked when she saw worry etched on Jeremy's face.

"Ani..." Jeremy said as he dialed Shin Woo's number.

After a few rings, someone answered--and Jeremy wondered why it was not Shin Woo's voice. He listened to the voice of the other person from the other line.

"MWO?????" Jeremy asked.

Tae Kyung was shocked at Jeremy's scream that he stopped the car abruptly. He looked back at the blonde guy, only to find tears from his eyes.

"Ye, ye, geureohseumnida.... Ne, gamsahamnida..." Jeremy replied in between sobs.

"Jeremy, is Shin Woo-hyung all right?" Mi Nyu asked, her chest tightening.

"Shin Woo-hyung...met an accident," Jeremy informed.

Mi Nyu started to burst into tears, making Mi Nam start to cry as well. Tae Kyung was disturbed at the news as well. He was a bit upset too at Mi Nyu's reaction, but he understood, because Mi Nyu and Shin Woo were close.

"Where is he?" Tae Kyung asked, and Jeremy supplied the details.

Tae Kyung drove to the scene and found Shin Woo's car badly damaged, so bad that it would be a miracle if he were alive. Mi Nyu got out of the car despite Mi Nam's protest, and she wildly cried her eyes out.

"Shin Woo-hy....hyung~~~" she sobbed.

"Agasshi, he has been taken to the hospital," one witness said, pointing at an ambulance driving away.

She got in the car, and Tae Kyung drove in hot pursuit of the ambulance. Mi Nam, meanwhile, called Manager Ma and Coordi Noona, while Jeremy called the president to inform what happened. As it is, the event was hot news that in no time, the media was able to get the story.

****

In the hospital, Tae Kyung and the rest learned that Shin Woo was taken to the operating room for immediate surgery. The doctors were afraid that he would have blood clots and broken bones due to the impact. And the police who were there reported that there were no signs of alcohol intake. The only thing they found was a large box which was addressed to Lee Jong Hyun.

"So... so Hyung went to buy a gift, then started to go to the CN Blue dorm?" Jeremy asked Mi Nam.

"Seems like it," Mi Nam said in tears.

"No wonder Jong Hyun-hyung was looking for him."

CN Blue came in when they heard the knews, and the police handed the big box to Jong Hyun. The burning-eyed guy shed some tears when he learned that Shin Woo was actually on his way to the dorm when the accident happened. He blamed himself for inviting Shin Woo, but Tae Kyung and Yong Hwa assured him it was not his fault.

Mi Nyu, meanwhile, was dying of regret that she was not able to say some good things to Shin Woo before she left. She paced near the OR complex, waiting for the operation to end. Coordi Noona, who came, told her that the operation might take long.

Mi Nyu turned to Noona and declared that she is not going to Africa. She was willing to wait to see Shin Woo.

"You need to inform your nun friend."

The operation lasted for more than five hours, and later, Shin Woo was transferred to the ICU for critical monitoring. Mi Nyu informed her friend nun the next day that she is not coming with her to Africa, even telling the nun of the bad news. The nun, from the other line, was making the sign of the cross when she heard the bad news. She vowed to tell Mother Superior about it and pray for Shin Woo's fast recovery.

*****

Tae Kyung and the gang took turns in taking care of Shin Woo in the ICU, and from time to time, President Ahn was informed of the updates. Shin Woo was recovering faster than expected, and the doctors confirned that after a day or two, they could transfer him out to the private room. But it was Mi Nyu who was there there for twenty-four hours, guarding him.

Even with his fast recovery, Shin Woo was still in coma. And finally, after a day, he was transferred to a luxury suit.

*****

Mi Nyu was attentive to how the nurses took care of Shin Woo, so she also assisted them with diligence. If this was the way she could repay Shin Woo for all he had done for her, if this is the way for her to mend his broken heart, then she would do all she can to make him recover.

"Mi Nyu-ssi, it is good that you are here," one nurse said. "Shin Woo-ssi must have been proud to have a friend like you."

"Ah...ye," Mi Nyu replied.

The nurses did not know, however, that Mi Nyu was the cause of Shin Woo's heartbreak, and that she was willing to do anything just so he will forgive her. It seems he forgave her, but she suddenly realized that he could not forget her easily, and he might not have forgiven her.

Shin Woo was in coma for a week. And finally, one morning, as Mi Nyu was eating breakfast, Shin Woo's hand began to stir.

"Shin Woo-hyung!" she gasped, smile on her face.

Shin Woo slowly opened his eyes, then stared at her.

"Shin Woo-hyung," she called out to him.

He looked at her in confusion. "Nugu?"

Mi Nyu's tears suddenly fell.

"Shin Woo-hyung, don't you remember me?"

"Shin... Woo?" Shin Woo asked.

He got up and grabbed his head.

"Nan nuguya (Who am I)?" he asked, crying.

Mi Nyu pushed the call button, then started to inform him that he is Kang Shin Woo. She was in pain to see him that he could not remember his own name, and it pained her that he could not even remember her. The nurses came in with the resident doctor, and they were astonished to find him awake.

"Kanhosanim, Uisa-seonsaengnim, Shin Woo-hyung cannot remember me..." Mi Nyu reported, tears in her eyes.

The doctor checked on him, then wrote his findings. He gave the chart to the nurse to carry out his orders. He got his phone, and started to call the neurosurgeon.

Mi Nyu held Shin Woo's hands, hoping that her touch could make him remember that he once cared for her, that he once loved her even if she did not love him back

But too bad, because Shin Woo was pre-occupied with the thought that he could not even remember his own name, who he was.

*****

Tae Kyung, Jeremy, and Mi Nam watched Mi Nyu holding Shin Woo's hand.

"Hyung, eotteohke?" Jeremy asked.

But Tae Kyung hated what he saw. He knew Shin Woo had amnesia, but Mi Nyu suddenly caring for his defeated love rival was something alarming.

"Gaja," he told his younger members and went away.

****

"Jeoneun Go Mi Nyu-imnida," Mi Nyu introduced herself slowly so he will know her.

"Go Mi Nyu?" he echoed back.

"Ye, Shin Woo-hyung," she said.

"Why are you calling me 'Shin Woo-hyung'?" he asked. "Is that my real name?"

"Anio. Your real name is Kang Shin Woo," she said to him.

"Kang Shin Woo," he repeated. "What is 'hyung'?"

She explained to him what it means.

"If you are a girl, why are you calling me 'hyung'?" he asked.

Tears suddenly dropped from her eyes. The sight of the helpless and confused Shin Woo-hyung was totally different from the calm, collected, and caring Shin Woo-hyung who she knew him to be.

"Ireohke haji mashibshio, Shin Woo-hyung (Please don't do like this, Shin Woo-hyung)," Mi Nyu cried.

"Huh?" he asked.

"Please say you are only joking with me... that you really did not forget me..."

"Mianhae...," Shin Woo-hyung. "But I really cannot even remember where I am from. And why am I here?"

Mi Nyu knew that she was Tae Kyung's girlfriend, and that Shin Woo was the lover she did not give a chance. But it seems to her that it was like Shin Woo was breaking up with her. She saw how upset he was that she cried, getting all the more confused as to why she acted that way.

"Shin Woo-hyung..." she sobbed.

"Why are you crying?" he asked.

Mi Nyu wrapped her arms around him, making him confused even more.

"Shin Woo-hyung.... why am I feeling like this?" she asked herself. "Why do I find myself needing you?"

 

~~~~END~~~~

(up next, some random stories about CN Blue and YongShin, since no one requested yet. By the way, sorry if the story is hanging. This is the one-shot, but it is the general plot of an upcoming full-length Shin Woo and Mi Nyu fic. Stay posted!)

 

~~~~