Runaway

Diary (Collection Of One-Shot Fics)

Minami Shineyo fic request by petrabigail

 

*****

"Mwo?" Mi Nam asked Tae Kyung in disgust. "Shirheo! I don't wanna be one of your groom's men. I just want to bring my sister to the altar."

"How many guys do you think we have?" Tae Kyung asked dryly.

"Shirheo! Just ask Jeremy and Shin Woo-hyung," was Mi Nam's hot reply.

Tae Kyung shot a look at the other members. 

"I'd rather be a spectator and enjoy good food," Shin Woo said nonchalantly.

"I'd take the challenge," Jeremy said.

"Why am I some challenge?" Tae Kyung asked. "Am I not a friend?"

"Mianhae, Hyung," Jeremy said.

For Tae Kyung and Mi Nyu were planning their wedding already, and the vocalist had brainstormed with his band members. Shin Woo and Mi Nam would not cooperate, only Jeremy.

"Just ask Manager Ma," Mi Nam said. "I'd not take part on things that have to do with YOU."

"Tsk. I will be marrying your sister, so you should accept me already," Tae Kyung said.

"Bummer. Why did my sister choose Hyungnim? Shin Woo-hyung is even better!" Mi Nam thought furiously.

He could see ahead.

Even with simple things, Mi Nyu and Tae Kyung would be arguing at one point, then agreeing, with Tae Kyung mostly making the decision, like Mi Nyu is just a puppet.

With Shin Woo, she could decide because he would ask her what she wanted.

With Jeremy, she would be surprised because he would do unexpected things to make her happy.

Shin Woo and Jeremy were better candidates, though Mi Nam could not imagine himself childishly quarreling with Jeremy. He'd pick Shin Woo as the winner.

****

Mi Nyu got help from Coordi Noona because the stylist knew many things about weddings and obviously had a lot of contacts. Coordi Noona invited He Yi to the wedding because the National Fairy was starting to like Mi Nam too. It would be rude not to invite her.

****

Finally, two days before the wedding, Mi Nyu and Mi Nam got inside Shin Woo's room because the guitarist wanted to give them something. It was the first time that the twins had been in Shin Woo's room, and for all the majestic aura that Shin Woo was showing, he had less things in his room in reality.

"Hyung, you are too poor," Mi Nam asked.

"Wae?" Shin Woo asked.

"You have less clothes," Mi Nam said in worry.

"Where are all your clothes, Shin Woo-hyung?" Mi Nyu asked.

"I usually just keep them in the agency," he said with a heavy smile.

He handed an envelope to her, which she received with curiosity.

"Igeo... ige mwoyeyo?" she asked.

"Open it," he said.

Mi Nyu opened the envelope to find bills.

"WOW!" Mi Nam screamed. "Hyung, you are so rich!"

"Just frugal," Shin Woo said. "You can have that much if you live frugally."

"Why...why is Shin Woo-hyung giving me money?" Mi Nyu asked.

"I am giving you an early gift," he replied. "After all, I don't want my gift to get lost in a sea of gifts at the wedding reception. It might not be noticed, you know."

"Gamsahamnida," she said with a bow.

Shin Woo looked at her with tired eyes.

"Shin Woo-hyung, please attend my wedding," she told him.

He only smiled. She did not know if he had moved on or not, though he told her he had practiced moving on after being rejected more than a hundred times already. 

But hey, don't take a guy's word for it.

"Hyung, how about me?" Mi Nam asked, palms wide open.

Shin Woo smiled, got his wallet, and handed some bills to Mi Nam.

"You should have a lot of cash in your credit card," Shin Woo said. "Why are you asking me?"

"Of course! As twins, both of us should receive the same," was Mi Nam's sly remark.

After that, the twins left the room.

****

The wedding day.

Mi Nyu left early with the stylist to go to the hotel to prepare with makeup and all. As He Yi was one of the bridesmaids, Coordi Noona noticed He Yi a bit paler than usual.

"Gwaenchanha?" she asked the actress.

"Ne..."

Mi Nyu was worried that He Yi spoke less and was silent. She was a far cry from the evil and scheming He Yi who used to terrorize everyone. But He Yi said she was all right, and Mi Nyu heaved a sigh of relief.

****

"Hyung, what's with the suitcase?" Jeremy asked Shin Woo.

"I'd bring this over to my cousin's house," Shin Woo said. "He has some stuff still in my room."

Mi Nam's eyebrow rose. Did Shin Woo still have some stuff? He thought Shin Woo had less stuff in his room.

"Don't be late," Tae Kyung told Shin Woo.

"Geokjeongma (Don't worry)," Shin Woo said. "I will follow."

Aunt Mi Ja, who surprisingly was with Mi Nam instead of Mi Nyu, looked weirdly at the guitarist, who was bringing the suitcase outside to his car.

"Can he not give it tomorrow?" she asked.

"What can we do?" Tae Kyung said. "He has his own ways."

Everyone got ready and went to the little chapel where the wedding was to take place.

*****

The ceremony started, and everyone was attentive. Mi Nam, however, was feeling uneasy. It had been hours, but there was no sign of Shin Woo. He leaned over to Jeremy.

"Have you seen Shin Woo-hyung?"

"Hyung?" Jeremy asked, craning his neck. "Now that you have mentioned it, I haven't."

"Jamkkanman," Mi Nam told him. "I have to go."

"Wae?"

"I feel something fishy," Mi Nam said. "Call me before the exchange of vows."

Jeremy nodded in confusion, leaving the male twin to scurry off the venue.

****

Mi Nam had a weird feeling when he saw Shin Woo's almost bare room, and the suitcase the guitarist was dragging along.

"Please don't tell me..."

He arrived at the dorm in time, and flung open the door leading to Shin Woo's room.

It was empty. Very empty.

He grabbed open all the cupboards and dressers, but there was nothing left, not even a note. So he hurried back to his car even before Jeremy can call him. He frantically dialed Shin Woo's number, talking to Shin Woo on his bluetooth headset.

After a few rings, he finally got hold of Shin Woo.

"Shin Woo-hyung, eodi isseo (Where are you)?" Mi Nam almost shouted over the phone.

"Mianhada," Shin Woo said calmly. "Nan jigeum Ilbon-e isseo (I am in Japan now)."

"MWO?????" Mi Nam shouted.

"Mian..."

Then the phone dropped.

"Yeoboseyo?????" Mi Nam asked. "Aish!!!!"

No wonder Shin Woo's room was almost bare. He did not believe in Shin Woo's frugality. He had realized that Shin Woo had been planning to run away, making small steps to make it less noticeable. And with the suitcase in hand, the guitarist was not bringing it to his cousin's house, but to Japan.

****

Shin Woo was thinking of going to Shibuya, which reminded him of the busy life at Myeongdong. He suddenly remembered his phone date with Mi Nyu which ended in disaster.

"Mianhae, Mi Nyu," he thought sadly. "I cannot attend your wedding. I am still not prepared to see you happy...with Tae Kyung... I want to run away...."

****

"Do you, Go Mi Nyu, take Hwang Tae Kyung to be your lawful wedded husband?" the priest asked.

Tae Kyung had alreay said yes, and he was happy that she will be taking him too. But even before she could answer, someone was shouting at the top of his voice.

"Stop!!!!!" 

Everyone turned to see Mi Nam running along the aisle. Even Mother Superior was startled.

"Stop the wedding!" Mi Nam said.

Tae Kyung looked at the male twin in anger.

"Your sister is about to answer," Tae Kyung said icily. "Why are you objecting?"

"Mi Nyu-ya, do not answer, listen," the male twin said to his sister. "Shin Woo-hyung...is missing!"

"Mworaguyo????" Mi Nyu asked, very startled.

Tae Kyung got betrayed at her loose emotions. Mi Nyu dropped her bouquet out of shock. And all the people were also as startled as they were. Ripples of voices came across the whole venue.

"He is not here at the wedding," Mi Nam said.

"Young man, we need to get to the wedding ceremony," the priest said dryly.

"Animnida," the male twin begged the priest. "Please listen to me first. Shin Woo-hyung...is in Japan."

"He promised!" Mi Nyu complained, shedding hot tears. "He promised to attend to the wedding!"

"Just because he smiled, does that mean a 'yes'?" Mi Nam asked.

Tae Kyung held Mi Nyu's hand and looked at her. But instead of conviction to go ahead and marry him, he saw something in Mi Nyu's eyes.

She was worried to death about Shin Woo.

"Hyungnim...let's..let's..."

She could not say more. She darted through the wedding venue with her wedding gown, leaving the groom at the altar. Tae Kyung felt even more betrayed that he ran after her. It caused scandal among the crowd. Good thing, it was a private wedding with no nosy Reporter Kim.

"What's the meaning of this?" Ahn-sajangnim asked in confusion.

Simultaneously, the priest shook his head and closed his books. Mother Superior and the other nuns exchanged worried looks.

"Joesonghamnida," Mi Nam said to the priest.

"Aigooo....such things happen," the priest said. "I cannot blame her. But if she had been subconsciously half-hearted in going with the wedding, she should not have married. Marriage is not a joke that everyone can just do as they please."

"Joesonghamnida," Mi Nam said again.

The priest and his altar boys went away, leaving the crowd very confused. Ahn-sajangnim tried to calm the people down, and even Manager Ma and Jeremy. As Tae Kyung was about to reach Mi Nyu by the door of the chapel, someone began shouting to the left.

"Yoo He Yi-ssi!"

He turned around to see He Yi lying on the floor, having some fainting spells. He looked at his supposed-to-be bride, and then his ex-girlfriend.

"Jebal.... we shall get her to the hospital," her stylist said in tears.

"Mwo?" Tae Kyung asked.

He looked back at the running Mi Nyu, but there was also the He Yi who was going pale. He went over to her and carried her bridal style to her van. Her stylist was sick with worry and blamed herself for allowing He Yi to be bridesmaid.

****

"Mwo?" Tae Kyung asked, getting pale.

"Ne... He Yi-ssi has leukemia," the stylist said. "She did not tell the press about it because she did not want her fans to worry."

"Algesseoyo," Tae Kyung said.

Why was his wedding day ruined? First, his bride ran away after hearing about Shin Woo. Next, his fake ex-girlfriend was dealing with a battle without telling everybody else.

Then, he found himself more worried about He Yi than about Mi Nyu. Though he hated He Yi to death, he could not bear to not reconcile with her before she got worse.

****

Mi Nyu was at the telephone booth, dialing a number from long distance. She hoped she could get to talk to Shin Woo. 

"Please...please answer..." she begged.

She hoped nobody recognized her, what with all the wedding gowns galore. Then, somebody picked up from the other line.

"Yeoboseyo?" a husky and caring voice answered.

Her heart was pinched to death, and she suddenly missed him.

"Shin Woo-hyung..." she spoke, starting to sob.

"Wae jeonhwa haesseo (Why did you call)?" he asked in curiosity.

"Shin Woo-hyung...ran away..." she said, crying.

"Mianhada, I made you cry again," he said. "You did not want to make things hard for me. I will not  make it hard for you by making you cry."

But she was still crying.

"By now, I guess everyone had known I was not there... and maybe, by now, you are Mrs. Hwang."

"Anio, Shin Woo-hyung..."

"Wae?" Shin Woo asked. "I know you are now Mrs. Hwang. Chukhahae..."

"Shin Woo-hyung... I..."

"Mianhande," he said, cutting her out. "I may say this at the last minute, but I am still trying to be happy for you and Tae Kyung, even if I cannot... I will...forget you..."

"Shin Woo-h..."

And the line was cut. When she looked at the screen of the phone, her coins were all used up. She cried because she could not tell him that the wedding had been ruined, and that...

...she had started to see his worth in her.

*****

Mi Nyu returned to the dorm with Jeremy and Mi Nam, and told them that she'd be goint to Japan. And that was what Tae Kyung had heard. He called her, and they talked alone in his room.

He told her that he was hurt that they did not get married, but it seems that they need to settle some things.

"He Yi has leukemia," he said.

"Huh?" she asked.

"It seems our marriage cannot be true yet, as there are a lot of unfinished business," he said in tears. "I love you, and you know that. And I see that you were so worried about Shin Woo to even accept me as your husband, and I cannot live with that, the two of us together, but your mind is with him."

She could not deny it, for it was true.

"I still have unfinished business with He Yi too, so settle yours with Shin Woo," he told her. "You can go to Japan and find him."

"Joesonghamnida," she said to him, crying.

He pulled her close to an embrace and told her to go where her heart should lead her.

"Maybe your heart is not leading towards me," he said.

"Hyungnim...maldo andwaeyo..."

"Maybe your heart is walking towards Kang Shin Woo," he said in tears.

Mi Nyu was sad that Tae Kyung was pushing her away, but she was a bit thankful because her heart was calling out to Shin Woo.

****

Tae Kyung went inside He Yi's room in the hospital. There were IV drips of medications for chemotherapy, which the doctor had to start right away. He sat on the stool beside her, and she smirked.

"Don't smirk on me like that," he said. "I was deeply worried, you know."

"Worried?" she said weakly. "It does not suit you."

He smiled because she was still able to joke a bit despite being weak.

"It's not like I am going to die," she told him. "I had won this battle when I was a child, and I will win it again."

No wonder she was feisty and a go-getter.

"Don't be so sure," he told her.

"I will make sure I will win this," she said. "Ah, it is too bad that we will be talking comfortably like this just because I have leukemia. Pathetic, is it not?"

He shed some tears.

"Was it also because you were sad that I was getting married?"

"What can I do?" she said. "You chose her, not me."

"But she chose him," Tae Kyung said.

"Don't get worried if I were you," she told him. "She is worried over a friend, but she loves you."

But deep inside, she was hurting because she was still in love with him. She just did not want to let him know.

"For screwing up your life, mianhamnida," she told him.

He knew what she meant. He had been into a lot of fights and scandals because of her. And now, she is saying sorry.

"It's over now, He Yi," he said. "I will be at peace with you."

"Arasseo," she said. "But don't treat me like I am someone who is about to die. I'm strong, you know."

He nodded and looked hopefully at all the IV drips that were hanging on the IV stand, with all the medications going through her veins.

"I will try not to act like you are so sick."

"Good!" she said in her mean voice, though a bit weak. "And fight for Mi Nyu if you have to."

"Ani... she is going to Japan right now," he said.

"What do you mean? She is going to... Are you going to let her chase Kang Shin Woo?"

"They have unfinished business to attend to," he said. "I told her I love her, but I silently had to let her go in order to go to Shin Woo."

"Well... I am not hoping either that you'll come back to me," she voiced out openly.

He was shocked.

"You heard it right," she said dryly. "I just want to focus on recovery, then I will have to deal with the press."

He looked at her sadly because she did not include him in her future plans. But he was willing to wait, to help her, and to make sure she gets him to be in her future.

*****

Mi Nyu was all over Shibuya, with phone in hand, to her ear.

She did not know why Shibuya of all places, but she suddenly remembered her phone date with Shin Woo, which up to now, she did not know that he was with her.

And finally, he picked up.

"Shin Woo-hyung!" she said. "Please listen!"

Shin Woo was looking at some new Gundam robots at a store in Shibuya when he received the call. The sellers were smiling because a celebrity was visiting their store. He did not notice that the television station on the TV screen in the store was reporting about the alleged cancellation of Tae Kyung and Mi Nyu's wedding. And Ahn-sajangnim was with Jeremy and Mi Nam, answering all rumors with more lies.

Of course, the president did not want to let people know it was because of the scandal that Mi Nam--no, Shin Woo, had caused.

Shin Woo told her. "I did my best all the way, and since you are married, I can no longer hold on to you..."

Mi Nyu saw him touching the Gundam robot, and her heart burst out into tears.

"Please...please don't walk away where I cannot see you."

He was astonished to hear her that, and then, he was shocked when somebody pulled him away. He followed a short person in disguise all the way to the subway, and he was astonished why the call was suddenly cut off.

"Mi Nyu?" he asked her.

The person turned to him and took off the beanie and the scarf. It was indeed Mi Nyu. He was astonished and shocked that he could not talk.

"The wedding was cancelled."

"M...mwo?" was his shocked expression.

"Mi Nam-oppa demanded to have the wedding stopped because you were missing," she said in tears. "He told us all that you are here."

Shin Woo shed his tears.

"You could have just go on with the wedding," he said. "After all, you love Tae Kyung, not me."

"Shin Woo-hyung...did you know how much I was hurting when Oppa said that you were missing? I almost died!"

"Mianhada..."

She slapped him... The first attempt that she slapped someone.

"You promised to be at my wedding...but you broke your promise!"

"I...I did not confirm," he said. "I did not say anything, if you can remember that day."

In fact, he did not. He only smiled that day. And Mi Nam was right.

"If you are happy to see me, if you only want to drag me to the wedding venue, then you can go on with the wedding," he said.

He turned around to get back to the store.

"Why are you pushing me away, Shin Woo-hyung?" she cried her heart out.

He turned around and looked at her.

"Me? Pushing you away?" he calmly asked, holding more tears. "I had been holding on to you, but your answer never changed. You were the one who pushed me away."

"Saranghaeyo..." she cried.

He looked at her in disbelief. He could not digest what he had just heard.

"I love you so much, Shin Woo-hyung..." she said. "I thought I love Hyungnim, but everytime you were trying to get away from me, it was me walking towards you... and when I knew you were gone, I tried ways to get hold of you... and I had to leave Korea just to find you..."

He had been there, he had done that. He had so many times walked out of his way just to find her, only to lose her to Tae Kyung.

"Mianhada..." he said. "I will forget you, starting today."

Geureol geomnida, ijeul geomnida, oneulbuteo nan...

Mi Nyu cried even more when she heard Lee Jong Hyun's melancholic and tender voice over the sound system in one store in Shibuya. She ran to him and gave him a hug.

"Jeoreul tteonajimaseyo (please don't leave me)," she begged.

Her hug was so tight that his chest was screaming in agony. He could not deny that he still loved her.

"Yeojeonhi saranghae (I still love you)," he told her.

"I found you now, so please don't make me lose you," was her assertive statement.

Shin Woo hugged her back and kissed her hair.

"Do you know how happy I am that you love me?" he asked her. "I was just thinking of running away and coming back after your wedding... and telling Ahn-sajangnim that I'd quit AN Jell and go solo... but look! You are here with me..."

"Take me with you..." she said.

And so, he pushed her gently so he could wipe the tears from her eyes.

"I will treat you ice cream, ramen, and clothes, like the way I had done in Myeongdong," he accidentally said.

"Shin Woo-hyung... you were there?"

"Eung..." he said.

Tears flowed down from her eyes again.

"You are an angel to me, Shin Woo-hyung... I will treasure your heart from now on..."

She took his hand and placed it to her cheeks.

"You will always be the warm and caring Shin Woo-hyung that I have known," she said. "And I promise to love him and be careful with his heart."

He hugged her again.

"After our date, I will bring you to my pad."

****

Indeed, after the date of ice cream and ramen, he brought her to the pad where he was staying. It was his getaway from the heartache. And now, he was bringing here the cause of his heartache.

As there was only one bed in his room, he told her he will be sleeping on the sofa.

"Animnida," she begged."Just stay with me."

Both of them did their nightly rituals before settling to bed. Instead of her being with Tae Kyung for the honeymoon night, here she was with Shin Woo instead.

Technically, she and Tae Kyung were not married because the priest had not said his blessing, and the two were not announced as man and wife.

She scooted close to him and smelled his heavenly perfume. It was her consolation.

"I am happy to be with you, Shin Woo-hyung."

She told him what had happened during the wedding, and she told him about He Yi.

"Geurae?" he asked. "No wonder she had less shows lately."

But they stopped talking about other people. They talked about themselves.

For Shin Woo, it was a dream come true. He finally had the girl of his dreams.

For Mi Nyu, it was a mistake which could not have been remedied if not for her brother. And she finally had seen who loved her the most...even to the point of letting go.

"Saranghaeyo, Shin Woo-hyung."

"Saranghae, Mi Nyu."

He leaned forward and gave her a soft kiss on her lips. It was their first real kiss, and they were sharing it for the night.

 

 

~~~~END~~~~

(Whooh!!!! I almost ended up in tears while writing this fic! 

Anyway, up next, although not YongShin fic, but please support this.

Jung Shin and T-ara Jiyeon fic, requested by my dear Bunny chingu, CNBlue-Lee-Jungshin ^_^)

 

~~~~