Mind Game, Love Game

Diary (Collection Of One-Shot Fics)

This is a Yong Hwa x Shin Hye x Geun Suk love triangle, plot and requested by yuri252. She was upset in one post during the 48th Baeksang awards, when one netizen said that Yong Hwa was asked by Geun Suk to deliver the flowers to Shin Hye, the netizen (obviously a GeunShin lover) even calling Yong Hwa as "delivery boy." We know that Yong Hwa is famous, but he risked his reputation to give flowers to his "girl friend" who is afraid of the antis. And I personally think that Geun Suk is the straighforward type. If he had roses for Shin Hye, he would not ask Yong Hwa to give it to her. Right?

The Baeksang event gives birth to this story--but the story plot is not related to Baeksang, whatsoever.

******

Geun Suk is a famous actor who had secretly been in love with the vocalist of the band Purple Sunshine. To him, Shin Hye is the perfect girl: beautiful, mild-mannered, intelligent, good-natured, and uber talented.

He could have all the resources he had just to woo her, but he was too shy to go to her.

 

One day, in the Purple Sunshine dorm, the manager of the group came in with a guy. The bassist Lee Jae Jin, the drummer Yoo So Young, and the lead guitarist Jung Jin Woon greeted the manager and the new guy.

"I would like to introduce to you your new band member, Jung Yong Hwa," Manager Wang said.

Yong Hwa bowed politely and exchanged pleasantries with them. The band members also introduced themselves politely.

"He will be working alongside Shin Hye for the vocals and composing, as well as with you, Jin Woon-ah," the manager said. "He is rhythm guitarist."

"Ah geuraeyo?" Jin Woon said.

"It is nice to have a new member," So Young said. "By the way, I am the leader. You can call me Noona."

Her shrill voice reminded Yong Hwa of Park Soon Dong the shaman girl in Dream High 2.

"Ne, Noona..."

"Shin Hye eodi isseo?" the manager asked.

"Taking a bath," Jae Jin said.

"Ah, let's wait for her then," the manager said.

After Shin Hye emerged from her room, the manager introduced her to Yong Hwa.

"Let us go to the studio and tour him around," Manager Wang said.

And that was what they did. Soon Dong was the leader, so she toured Yong Hwa along with the group. When they reached the studio, they met Geun Suk, who was taking with one stylist.

"Geun Suk-ssi, annyeonghaseyo?" everybody greeted.

He greeted them. He smiled at Shin Hye, but she did not notice it.

"Ah, this is our new member, our rhythm guitarist, Jung Yong Hwa," So Young told Geun Suk.

The two got acquainted. Yong Hwa was really starstruck because he was a great fan of Geun Suk, so he asked for autograph. Afterwards, the actor left the group. So Young, Jae Jin, and Jin Woon looked at each other slyly, then looked back at Shin Hye.

"Eonni, shall we start?" Shin Hye said naively.

"Ah, ne~~~~" So Young said.

And so the band started, and Yong Hwa got to practice with Shin Hye for duet parts.

****

That lunch time, Yong Hwa went to the loo when he met Geun Suk.

"Yong Hwa, right?" Geun Suk said.

Yong Hwa was still really starstrucked because he met the actor in the loo!

"Ne..."

Geun Suk smirked and told him that he'd wait for him outside. Yong Hwa nodded obligingly. After attending to his personal needs, Yong Hwa met with Geun Suk, who gave him a card.

"Please send this to Shin Hye," the actor said. "Please do not tell her it is from me, arasseo?"

"Ne... Geun Suk-ssi," Yong Hwa said.

"You can call me 'Hyung' if you want," the actor said.

"Ne..."

Geun Suk went away happy, knowing that he had given a part of his heart to Shin Hye. He was friendly with So Young and the rest, but he thought that if he gave it to her or to the other two, it would be so obvious. Besides, he had a feeling that So Young, Jae Jin, and Jin Woon knew about his sercret crush on Shin Hye.

****

"Shin Hye-ssi, a fan gave you this," Yong Hwa said, giving her the card.

"Oooooh! Fan letter!" So Young said with her shrill and nasal voice.

Shin Hye took it amiably and read it to herself. The other girl pestered her into reading it to the whole group, but Shin Hye declined.

"It looks...rather personal," she replied with a slight laugh.

*****

And eversince that day, Yong Hwa became Geun Suk's mailman and delivery boy.

One day, when he delivered the teddy bear to her in the dorm, Shin Hye was on the floor, in pain. She held her ankle and she found it hard to move.

"Shin Hye-ya!" Yong Hwa called out.

He placed the gift on the sofa, and rushed to her. He carried her to her room, where he elevated her leg and wrapped her ankle with his scarf. He knew about first aid because his sister is a nurse. He got some cold compress so that he could apply it to her ankle.

"What happened?"

"I slipped," she winced. "Good thing you are here."

"Where are Noona, Jae Jin, and Jin Woon?" Yong Hwa asked.

"They did the groceries...ah...apa..." she winced.

Yong Hwa told her that another fan gave her a teddy. He got it from the living room, and handed it to her in the room.

"Awwww....cutie..." she said, her heart melting. "I hope I had personally seen the fan..."

"Ah, he is too shy to tell you," Yong Hwa said. "By the way, what do you want to drink?"

"Just... just water," she said. "Gomawo..."

Yong Hwa hurried to the kitchen to give her water. And he brought it to the room to give to her. Finally, after drinking the water in one sitting, she held the glass back at him.

"Gomawo, Yong Hwa..."

"Cheonman..."

He stayed with her for the day. He got his guitar and started composing songs.

"You are fresh from training, and yet you compose like a pro," she said to him with a smile.

"Ah...gamsahamnida..." he said politely.

Shin Hye smiled at him and listened as he sang the song he composed. Jin Woon's voice was a bit husky, but a bit deeper. Yong's was...husky and light. She was put in a trance. After the song, Yong Hwa looked at Shin Hye, who looked at him as if he was some kind of a wonderful apparition.

"Shin Hye-ya?" he asked.

"Whoa....daebak...." she whispered.

"Ya, ya," Yong Hwa said as he snapped his fingers. "Snap out of it. I was just singing."

"Singing? You were not singing," she whispered. "You were...talking to me."

"Talking?" he asked.

"Your lyrics...so beautiful...." she said.

Yong Hwa smiled at her.

"I'm glad you like it," he said sincerely.

As he tried to stand to return the guitar, she held his arm and clung to him.

"Gajima..." she begged. "Nal tteona jima (Please don't leave me)."

Yong Hwa turned back to her. She was pretty much clinging to him, and she looked at him with begging eyes.

"Wae?"

"My ankle still hurts," she said. 'Please do not leave me..."

"I won't go anywhere," he said as he held the guitar. "I will merely return this to your cabinet."

She let him go and looked at him return the guitar. He got back and asked if she wanted to eat something.

"I don't want to eat," she said. "I want to sleep."

The pain was making her weary that he tucked her to bed. He sat on the floor, held her hand, and rested his head on her bed. That was what So Young, Jae Jin, and Jin Woon saw when they got back from doing groceries.

"Oooohhhh!" So Young said nasally.

"Someone is so gonna get jealous!" Jae Jin said.

"At least it is not my Jiyeon-jagiya," Jin Woon whispered. "G-minor!!!!! Krrrhhhh!!!!"

They smirked and left the duo.

******

"Yong Hwa-hyung! Shin Hye-noona! Come over here!" Jae Jin screamed over the phone.

"Huh? Ah....ne...." Yong Hwa panicked.

Shin Hye lagged behind comfortably, leaving Yong Hwa to rant about it and told her to make it quick.

"When they mean to make it quick, it only means that they are joking," Shin Hye said.

She was aware of pranks, but she had no idea when it comes to love.

"Nevertheless, let us just go," Yong panicked.

"Don't panic," she assured him. "Gwaenchanha...."

So, he mellowed down. They rushed out of the dorm, and along the way, they passed by a coffee shop.

"You want coffee?" he asked, and she nodded.

But Yong Hwa treated her to coffee, and she took it gratefully.

"Gomawo..." she said. "I owe you a lot."

"Aniya... it is I who owe you a lot," Yong Hwa said. "I'm only... being grateful to you."

Both of them walked carefree along the way. As she drank the coffee, she confessed she wanted to know who the mysterious guy was, the fan who gave her flowers and teddy bears and cards. But Yong Hwa could only listen.

"On the other hand, I think I don't wanna know who that mysterious fan is," she said. "I am just contented to receive gifts from him."

"Why not?" Yong Hwa asked.

"Geunyang..." she said. "Just...just wanting to keep the thrill and the identity a secret."

When they got to the studio, So Young was very serious.

"I told you to come fast," she said. "This time is no more joke."

She was serious indeed. They were to perform some songs at a charitable institution of which a famous Hallyu actress was advocating. They needed to practice because they would be performing tomorrow.

"Mwo????" Shin Hye freaked out.

"That was why I told you to get down here fast," Jae Jin said.

"Let's stop blaming, shall we?" Jin Woon said.

"Let's begin," So Young said.

*****

That night, Geun Suk called Yong Hwa up and asked him regarding the gig that they would be having the next day. Yong Hwa told him where they will be performing, and the actor asked help from him as to some details.

*****

The day of the gig.

The cancer patients gathered at the social hall because their favorite band would be playing. Finally, the band came to assemble their instruments. After that, the head of the institution welcomed everybody. And after a few speeches, the band began to sing. Since there were two girls, Shin Hye and So Young, they sang to After School's "Play Your Love." The guys accompanied them with the instruments, but the two girls sang.

 

 

I just wanna stay with you baby~
I just wanna stay with you baby~
I just wanna stay with you baby~

OH OH OH OH OH

I just wanna stay with you baby~
I just wanna stay with you baby~
I just wanna~ I just wanna~

Waenji niga seulpeo boyeoseo
Hal mari inneun geot gataseo
Buranhaeseo geuraeseo neo
Ni nuneul bol suga eopseoseo

Naga jago neoreul jollasseo
Hansum seokkin ireumman bulleo
Buranhaeseo geuraeseo neo
Geuman maneun anigil baraesseo

Sarange~ useuweojyeo
Sarange~ sumi makhyeo
Ireohke~ neowa na kkeutnael sun eopseo

Ireojima kajima kajima tteonajima
Da geojitmarirago
Jangnani eopttago mareul hae OOH
Mianhada hajima hajima mal hajima
Da gwaenchanheul georago
HEY~! HEY~! HEY~! HEY~! Malhajima

Algo isseotjiman na moreun cheok haennabwa
Ani moreugo shipeonneunji molla~ YEAH
Neol irheoganeun ge duryeoweo
Niga eopneun nan
Kajima majimak butak iya~

Ireojima kajima kajima tteonajima
Garago mal hajima hajima apeujanha~
Charari da gajyeoga gajyeoga da gajyeoga
Apeun gieok kkajido
Haengbok haetteon chueok kkajido OO~
Mianhada hajima hajima malhajima
Da gwaenchanheul georago
HEY~! HEY~! HEY~! HEY~! Malhajima

I just wanna stay with you baby~
I just wanna stay with you baby~
I just wanna stay with you baby~

OH OH OH OH OH

I just wanna stay with you baby~
I just wanna stay with you baby~
I just wanna~ I just wanna ~
HEY~! HEY~! HEY~! HEY~!

 

After the presentation, they mingled with the patients. Finally, Yong Hwa told Shin Hye that a fan wanted to meet her at a hotel.

"Why is the fan asking you instead of having to meet our manager?" Shin Hye asked him.

"Molla... but he begged, so I had to give in."

Shin Hye pinched his cheek for him being so naive.

"Arasseo. I will meet him."

When she knew she'd be meeting the fan at Park Hyatt, she was surprised.

"It must be a dinner date, or a date requiring me to doll up."

He told her it was indeed dinner.

"Would you want me to accompany you there?" he offered. "Like...uhm, your chauffer?"

Shin Hye laughed and told her he could do it if he wanted. She had a car which the two of them can use.

****

Finally, the day came. Shin Hye was all dressed up, and when Yong Hwa saw her, he politely accompanied her to her destination. She arrived there five minutes late. When she entered the resto, she saw Geun Suk.

"Annyeong, Oppa?" she greeted. "What brings you here?"

He smiled as he invited her for dinner.

"Oh, thank you," she said. "But Yong Hwa said that a fan wanted to meet me here."

"I am that fan," he said.

Instead of feeling thrilled and flattered, Shin Hye smiled politely, but deep inside, she was expecting someone else.

"You are disappointed?" he asked her jokingly.

"Ah, aniya," she said. "I was just surprised."

Geun Suk brought her to the table where he offered her a seat. When she sat, he sat across her. He ordered their course for the night. And over dinner, they talked about many things, mostly personal.

"I just want to get to know you more," Geun Suk said boldly. "To be honest, I am very much interested in you."

"Ah...geurae?" she asked modestly. "That is a compliment."

****

After dinner, they went out of the hotel.

"Do you want to catch some flick?" he asked.

Shin Hye wanted to be honest, so she said to him.

"Oppa, I am very much obliged for your kindness, for all the teddy bears and the cards and the flowers you sent me," she said.

"Flowers?" Geun Suk asked.

"Ne... those were from you, right?" she asked, puzzled.

"Ani. I never had given you flowers," he answered, puzzled as well.

"Ah, I must have mixed them up with some fan gifts," she said.

He got a bit jealous, so he boldly asked her if they can go out some other time.

"I am afraid there is no next time," she said. "Mianhae..."

"What do you mean? Am I not interesting to be with?" he asked.

"Ah... you are, Oppa... But we cannot go on dates like this," she said. "I am sorry I cannot reciprocate your feelings."

Geun Suk could not go on getting bold because she had stopped him. His eyes were about to water, so he smiled sadly.

"I guess, it will be fine with you if we will be friends, right?"

"Ah, ne, ne!" Shin Hye assured him. "We will be friends."

"By any chance, is it because of someone?" he asked.

Shin Hye shook her head.

"I do not know, Oppa," she said. "Mianhae..."

He looked at her walk ahead and get in front passenger seat of the black car.

"Just when I started to get to know you, you cut me short," he said sadly to himself.

****

"How's the date?" Yong Hwa asked her.

She sighed and told him she was thankful that Geun Suk treated her to dinner, but she was not thrilled to be in a blind date.

"Did you know about this all along?" she asked him suspiciously.

"Ah...ne..."

He told her everything, and she seemed to understand.

"He took advantage of the knowledge that you do not know much about me, you being new to the group," Shin Hye said.

He the ignition and started to drive.

"You know, I was not thrilled to be on a date with him," she said as she looked at him drive. "Because I wanted to be with someone else."

"Ah...geurae?" Yong Hwa asked sadly.

"Can you please pull over so we can talk?" she begged.

He pulled over and stopped the car.

"What is it?" he asked.

"When I told Oppa about the gifts, he was surprised, but he said he never gave me flowers," Shin Hye shared. "Do you know who gave them to me?"

Yong Hwa tried hard to look at her, but he found it hard.

"Those flowers...those roses...are from me," he confessed.

Shin Hye blushed when he confessed.

"I do not have the money to buy you expensive stuffed toys, and all I can afford you are simple roses....and a song," he said.

Then, he sang to her the song, which he sang the day she got sprained. After the song, he looked at her, and saw her blush.

"You really are not singing to me, you are talking to me," she whispered.

"Mianhae... For liking you..." he said.

Shin Hye lit up into a smile.

"Since when?" she asked.

"Since the first day I saw you."

Shin Hye shed a tear as she smiled at him.

"Yong Hwa... I...I feel the same way. I do," she said.

And she wrapped her arms around him.

"When?" he asked.

"The day you tended to me..." she said. "Do you also remember the day I said I did not want to meet my secret admirer?"

"Ne?"

"It is because... I'd rather be with you," she confessed.

She released her embrace, and Yong Hwa leaned forward.

"Neol johahae..." he said before giving her a kiss.

Shin Hye closed her eyes the moment his lips touched hers, and she allowed him to drown her in his kiss. She pressed her lips close to let him feel the feelings she had for him.

 

~~~~END~~~~

(up next: YongShin and GeunGeun couples, suggested by leedarane)

 

~~~~