Why Are We Still Friends?

Diary (Collection Of One-Shot Fics)

Love square between YongShin, SuJu's Kyuhyun, and 2NE1's Dara... plot by EmotionalStar.

 

*****

Kyuhyun and Shin Hye were lovers, and were dating--exclusively.

They were the famous love couple that had been paired up in a lot of movies, dramas, and CFs, and the fans were going gaga over them.

"Kyu-oppa, I hope you and Shin Hye are lovers for real," one netizen commented over a picture of their poster.

"But they ARE real!" another netizen insisted.

"Game-Kyu and Hallyu Princess Shin Hye are the next best thing!" a third asked.

"Evil-Kyu, I hope you and Shin Hye are lovers for real," the first netizen said again.

Cho Kyuhyun and Park Shin Hye were promoting their new romantic comedy movie, much to the anticipation of the netizens and their fans. They were interviewed, and the fans got wild when Kyu gave Shin Hye a peck on her lips.

"How many times have you kissed each other off cam?" the host asked.

"Ah... we never had kissed each other off cam," Shin Hye said with a blush.

"We're a wholesome team," Kyuhyun joked.

Finally, the show wrapped up, and the two stars went to the backstage to get ready to go home.

"I'll be waiting for you at the red carpet premiere tomorrow," Kyu said.

"Ani, Oppa. What if we go there together?" Shin Hye suggested. "By the way, I'll be cooking some food at home that we can share after the movie."

"Jinjja?" Kyu asked. "I'll cook too, and bring the food at your dorm so my hyungs cannot steal my food."

They went to their PAs (personal assistants) who were waiting for them.

"Kyuhyun-ssi, joesonghamnida," his PA, Sandara, started. "May I go out early? I need to bring Dadoong to the vet."

Kyu was not one for cats, but he could feel the love that Dara had for her cat--er, her brother Sang Hyun's feline friend. His heart went being mushy when he saw tears in her eyes. Dara really had a soft spot for animals, but mostly, for Dadoong. If only he could shift her attention from Dadoong to him...

"Arasseo," Kyu said. "Just make sure to come back to the dorm for dinner. I will be cooking."

"Ah, ne... gamsahamnida," Dara said, tears in her eyes. "Dadoong is really sick..."

Shin Hye and Kyuhyun waved goodbye.

"Shin Hye-ssi, what do you want me to cook for dinner?" her PA, Yong Hwa asked.

"Uh... you can cook Italian, right?" Shin Hye asked, remembering the spaghetti that he cooked for her during her birthday.

"Ne... but it was a flop..."

"Aniya~~~," Shin Hye said. "I love your spaghetti."

Yong Hwa bowed politely as he gathered her things. Shin Hye had her eyes following her PA.

"Awww....why is he so cute?" she thought, her thoughts going mushy over her toothy-grinned PA.

*****

But nobody knew that Shin Hye and Kyu were not really dating. They were just on-screen lovers, nothing else. The netizens thought that the two were dating. Yes, they were dating...

On cam.

Kyuhyun was secretly in love with Dara, and Shin Hye was secretly in love with Yong Hwa. Each star was jealous of the other's PA, thinking that the PAs were lovers as well... because Yong Hwa and Dara were also close friends. And that jealousy was what Shin Hye was feeling when Yong Hwa was driving the car.

Manager Jun was asleep because of the pressures, and Yong Hwa was the only one fit to drive.

"Dara-noona had been crying this afternoon after lunch," Yong Hwa shared to her. "Her brother's cat did not eat since last night, and they feared that Dadoong is sick."

Shin Hye's thoughts went back to Bongji and Nori, her dogs. She felt the love that Dara had for the cat, though she was not so much into cats. But Yong Hwa was talking about Dara and Dadoong (most especially Dara) the whole time that Shin Hye was almost getting fed up.

"Yong Hwa-ya...could you... could you please just drive a bit faster?" she asked, her primadonna persona kicking up a bit. "I am hungry."

Yong Hwa sweated, especially when Shin Hye's voice would get a notch higher. She was not like that to other people, only to him. She could get a bit bossy, but only to him.

"Ah, ne...." he said.

****

Shin Hye helped him cook dinner that night, but Manager Jun was only watching them. Somehow, he felt a bit surprised that Shin Hye was a bit touchy with her PA.

"Yong Hwa-ya, for raising my voice a bit, mianhae..." she said.

"Gwaenchanheuseyo, Shin Hye-ssi," Yong Hwa said.

But deep inside, it hurt him that she slightly raised her voice at him...it made him less human, so he told her nevertheless that he was not all right with it at all.

"Ara," Shin Hye said. "I... I don't want to talk to you like that.... Just because you are my PA... you don't deserve it...."

And Shin Hye looked at him, and Yong Hwa looked back at her.

"Why is Shin Hye-ssi staring at me like that?" he asked.

"Can you speak to me in banmal? If only here at home and when it is the two of us?" she asked him.

Yong Hwa felt his cheeks burning.

"Ah...mothamnida (I cannot)," Yong Hwa protested politely. "Manager Jun will get angry at me..."

Shin Hye felt sad. She just wanted to be close to her PA who had been doing many things for her, including taking her phone calls, shopping for her, arranging her schedules, giving gifts for her celebrity friends when she tended to forget their birthdays, or getting embarrassed while buying girly stuffs for her (feminine pads or makeup).

"Please, Yong Hwa-ya, you have been doing many things for me..."

"Because I am your assistant," he cut in. "Shin Hye-ssi, I am contented with my post... I... I am not fit to be at par with you..."

Shin Hye's chest tightened when he tried to bring himself down, just when she was trying to reach out to him.

"Ehem, what is taking dinner so long?" Manager Jun asked.

"Mianhae, Oppa," Shin Hye said.

Manager Jun turned to Yong Hwa.

"Shin Hye calls me 'Oppa', but speaks to me in banmal," he told the PA. "I think I have to agree that you should start using banmal in talking to her. Goodness, Yong Hwa, you have been her PA for two years now, and you are still speaking to her in jondaemal?"

"Arasseoyo," Yong Hwa said.

Manager Jun smirked then laughed at Yong Hwa's cuteness. The PA was just super polite that he was overdoing it. The manager went away happy.

"See?" Shin Hye said while pinching his cheek. "You know many things about me already. I think we should get to being familiar, arasseo?"

"Ara...sseo..." he said.

"Awww....cute...." she said while pinching him again.

Shin Hye was really fond of Yong Hwa, and she really liked him. She wished she could just hug him and be his nanny.

****

Dinner time was uneventful, and Shin Hye and Manager Jun washed the dishes because the PA was super busy with his work. That night, Manager Jun slept early, leaving Shin Hye and Yong Hwa to utilize the electricity--he, doing his PA activities for the premiere the next day in the afternoon, and Shin Hye cleansing her face.

At around ten-forty five that night, Yong Hwa was dozing off when someone knocked.

"Nugu...awhhhhhh!" he was yawning already.

Shin Hye came in to his room, just like the way she did when Manager Oppa was asleep.

"Awww... my PA is already sleepy...." she crooned.

"Shin Hye---ya, I am not yet done with fifteen invitations," he said.

"Just let me help you," she said.

He gave her a flash drive of the invitations that he made, and she helped him send the remaining fifteen. After sending the invites, Yong Hwa did his nightly rituals, but Shin Hye was still in his room.

"I'll be sleeping now," he said.

Shin Hye sat on his bed and told him to lay on her lap. He obliged because she wanted him to. Somehow, Yong Hwa liked it that his boss was being sweet and cheesy when she his hair.

"Just let me do this for you, all right?" she whispered to him.

"But..."

But Shin Hye sealed his lips with her finger.

"No buts," she said.

Yong Hwa smiled and closed his eyes as Shin Hye caressed his hair.

****

The next day, few hours before the premiere.

Manager Jun and Yong Hwa prepared the food in the dorm because Shin Hye planned of sharing some foods with Kyuhyun, who was also bringing some food. The vistors came in with their share.

"Kyuhyun-oppa, I cannot wait to dig in your food," Shin Hye said.

"Ah, I cannot believe a lady like you have such a big appetite," Kyu said. "Dwaeji (Pig)!"

"AH!!! So bad of you, Kyu-oppa," Shin Hye said. "No wonder your Super Junior hyungs think you are evil."

"But I am evil, kekekek," Kyu said. "I am a bully... but only to them! Not to girls."

"Ah, I think you are still a bully," Shin Hye said playfully.

Kyu smirked.

"Ah, the title Dwaeji Tokki (Pig Rabbit) suited you perfectly," Kyuhyun said.

"Oppa!" Shin Hye said as she frowned.

Dara came in happy with Dadoong in her arms. Yong Hwa went to the other PA, much to Kyuhyun's and Shin Hye's jealousy.

"Look, Yong Hwa-ya, I thought Dadoong is sick," Dara shared. "He is just in heat for the mating season."

"Geurae, Noona?" Yong Hwa asked as he the soft fur of the gray cat.

"Dadoongie is already grown up!" Dara squealed like the krung-krung that she was.

Kyu looked on angrily at Yong Hwa. If only it was he talking to Dara like that and playing with Dadoong. And Shin Hye also looked angrily at Dara. The thin girl was obviously five years older than Yong, but Yong treated her like she was his agemate, as he was very affectionate to Dara (and Dadoong). With her, no matter how much she tried, Yong Hwa was too reserved and too shy.

Dadoong, my Dadoongie! =(^.^)= cute cute....

Kyu stayed in the dorm to get ready for the big day, as he and Shin Hye were going to go to the red carpet premiere together.

*****

The premiere went well, and the crowd cheered for the on-screen lovers. After the show, they were interviewed and asked if they are as sweet in real life.

"Anio," Shin Hye revealed. "Kyu-oppa lives up to his reputation as Super Junior's Evil Maknae."

To this, the crowd laughed.

"And Shin Hye lives up to Hwang Tae Kyung's expectation of her being a Dwaeji Tokki," Kyu said. "But if given the chance to be Hwang Tae Kyung and Shin Hye as my Go Mi Nam, I could have done it."

"Well, it was a miss," the MC said. "If you had been Hwang Tae Kyung, you and Shin Hye could have been together a long time ago."

"I agree. But I like Kang Shin Woo's role too," Kyu said, getting to be talkative and alert. "I envy Kang Min Hyuk-ssi for being Kang Shin Woo."

(What if Min Hyuk was Shin Woo, not Yong Hwa?)

"Ah geurae, geurae," the MC said.

"But we do not know what happens in the future, so I think my relationship with Oppa is better now," Shin Hye said.

"Do you think your relationship would have been different had he been Kang Shin Woo or Hwang Tae Kyung?" the MC asked Shin Hye.

"Moreugetseumnida (I do not know)," Shin Hye said. "As I have said, we do not know the future."

The MC remembered that Kyu and Shin Hye never had an off-screen kiss, just a peck, so he asked Kyu to kiss Shin Hye. To this, the couple gave each other sweet kisses, not just pecks, and not torrid either.

"Kyaaaaaaa~~" one fan said. "Melting for them both!!!!"

*****

Back at the dorm.

Yong Hwa was setting the table for dinner, and Dara prepared the patbingsu for dessert.

"Noona, please put more ice on my glass, please?" Yong Hwa begged.

"Nyahahaha!!!!" Dara laughed. "Parang halo-halo lang naman (Just like halo-halo)."

"Mwo?" Yong Hwa asked because Dara was speaking in Tagalog because she had lived in the Philippines for quite some time, and he did not understand her.

"The Korean patbingsu has a Filipino equivalent called 'Halo-halo.' It is delicious too, yum!!! They also have another variety that is more on sweet yellow corn, ice, and milk. Yum-yum-yum!!!!!"

"Ah~~~" Yong Hwa said.

He was very fond of Dara because she acted like a child still even if she was going twenty-eight.

"Haaa~~~~ so tired," Shin Hye said to Kyu after coming in from the living room. "I do not want to celebrate in a posh restaurant."

"Na do," Kyu said. "That is why I want to celebrate just here. I am tired of acting posh for the camera."

"Ah... I know how you feel," Shin Hye said while looking at Yong Hwa and Dara preparing the food. "Sometimes, I wish I can have a break wherein I can go and have fun and sit on the ground like a Zen monk."

Kyu caught up with her sentiment and stood close to her.

"You like Yong Hwa?" he whispered.

Shin Hye thought that her secret had been found out, so she instantly shook her head.

"Anio, Oppa," she lied.

Kyuhyun smiled.

"You can lie to others, but not to me," he said. "Gwaenchanha. Our on-screen lovers image will not be affected. Trust me."

"Oppa," Shin Hye said, looking at him.

"We are just the same," Kyu said. "I love Dara-noona."

Both of them looked at their PAs getting friendly. The PAs saw the two of them standing by, so they politely finished setting up the dinner table for the five of them (the stars, the PAs, and Manager Jun).

The whole dinner, Shin Hye and Kyu got silent because Yong Hwa and Dara had fun talking about cats and dogs and mating seasons, and Manager Jun joined in by talking about some neighborhood dogs who fell in love with Nori. To this, Shin Hye shot a glare at her manager, who apologized in laughter.

Later, Shin Hye changed outfit and went out of the dorm because the manager offered to take Kyu home. Manager Jun and Yong Hwa waited for her in the car.

"Shin Hye-ya, I will be staying at my cousin's house tonight, so the two of you will be left alone in the house," Manager Jun said.

"Arasseo," Shin Hye said as she got in the car.

*****

They dropped Sandara off to her parents' house so that Dadoong can sleep well. She would only get back to the SuJu dorm tomorrow just to make sure that the cat will be doing fine. Then, they dropped Kyu off to the Super Junior dorm, where his hyungs retaliated with a lot of teasings.

"Revenge, Evil Maknae!!!! Bwahahahaha!!!!" Dong Hae laughed.

*****

Shin Hye assisted Manager Jun in bringing his things in his cousin's house. She went down the stairs and went to the car. But Yong Hwa looked at her strangely as she got in and sat beside him in the front seat.

"Gwaenchanha?" she asked him.

"Uh... jeo~~~ can I tell you something?" Yong Hwa said. "You might get embarassed."

He whispered to her that her red tide leaked. She shrieked.

"Eotteohke????" she thought in fright. "He saw it! What to do???? A guy saw it! Good thing it is only Yong Hwa."

"Let's go home," Yong Hwa said, worried about her.

"Yong... I know it is my period,  but I never knew it was this heavy!" Shin Hye said. "Jebal... could you...do something for me?"

Yong Hwa shuddered. He had been embarrassed once into buying feminine pads for Shin Hye.

"I still have stocks at home, don't worry," Shin Hye said. "Just... just buy some pain reliever for me? I might pass out tomorrow if my cramps kick in."

Yong Hwa knew how Shin Hye fared everytime she had cramps. She would get pale and would not get out of the house the whole day. She would feel like she was gonna pass out anytime. So, Yong Hwa drove the car and stopped in front of the drugstore. He bought lots of pain relievers and (to his embarrassment) more feminine pads for Shin Hye.

"Whoa! That guy buys girly pads?"

"Awww... He is a thoughtful boyfriend."

Yong Hwa blushed. He was Shin Hye's PA, not her boyfriend. And he felt like Lee Min Ho's character, Jin Ho, in "Personal Preference," when he bought feminine pads for Gae In.

"This is getting to be so embarassing," he thought as he looked at the four packs of pads that he bought.

"Omo, is he not Park Shin Hye-ssi's PA?"

"Awwww... his PA is cute!"

"Jinjja? He is a PA?"

Yong Hwa hoped that the time would fly fast. When he got to the counter, the sales lady looked at him strangely before smiling.

"Uh... for my sister," Yong Hwa lied. "She had it heavy today, and she could not walk."

"Sonnim (Customer) is a real gentleman," the lady told him. "Yes, menstrual cramps that are really painful can render one invalid. And girls really need to have a lot of stock of the pads at home. Your yeodongsaeng is really lucky!"

"Yeah, right," Yong Hwa cursed himself as the sales lady smirked to his disadvantage.

When his purchase was finally done, he flew out of the door to avoid further embarrassment.

****

"What took you so long?" Shin Hye asked, grimacing.

He saw beads of sweat starting to form from her temple.

"I'll bring you home in a jiffy," he said.

"Why are you buying me pads?" she asked.

He  blushed when he explained that he did not want  her to run out of stock for fear that he'd be embarrassing himself again into buying. Shin Hye held his hand and thanked him for the effort. He felt his blood rushing to his cheeks that he was rendered speechless. And so, another awkward moment came up, so he drove the car in silence.

*****

Shin Hye felt her lower abdomen cramping, so she took the pain reliever. Yong Hwa was extremely worried for her because although she would be free for the next day, but she was planning of taking Bongji and Nori to the vet.

"Gwaenchanha, Yong," she weakly said as she held his hand with her cold and clammy hands.

*****

The next day, Yong Hwa was done making breakfast when he knocked upon her door. He heard her groaning, so he came in without permission. Shin Hye was crouching in bed, which had been disheveled with all the tossing and turning.

"Shin Hye-ya..." he said. "I'll... I'll prepare some hot compress for you."

He dashed to the kitchen and prepared the hot compress. He placed it on a tray, along with the pain reliever and a glass of water. When he got to her room, she was pale and weak. It was a relief if she would be all right during her first and second days, but it was only seldom. Most often, she would be in agony. He sat on bed and assisted her in getting up, letting her lean on him for support. He assisted her in taking the meds, then propped a pillow on his lap for her to lie down. She was so weak to move, so he moved her shirt up to reveal her tummy.

"Is the compress warm?" Shin Hye asked. "The last time, it was hot."

"M..mianhae..." Yong Hwa said as he handed her the compress.

She placed a towel to her lower abdomen before putting the compress. After which, Yong Hwa held her hand and massaged it because it was so cold and clammy.

"Hang in there, Shin Hye-ya," he said. "I am alone, and Manager Jun might only be back by nightfall."

"I am glad you are here, Yong Hwa," she said with a weak voice.

Yong Hwa brought her hand to his lips and blew some warm breaths to facilitate warming. Shin Hye liked the warm sensation in her hand.

****

Later, he was brushing his hands through her hair when his belly grumbled.

"Are you hungry?" he threw the question at her to hide the fact that it was him who was hungry.

"An...ani..."

"I will bring our breakfast here," he told her. "I'll eat here, and I'll feed you."

He positioned her comfortably before going out to get breakfast, which he brought to her room. She sat on her own after feeling a bit fine with the pain reliever and the compress. She looked at the food with no interest at all, but he coaxed her to eating. It was he who fed her because she did not have enough strength to fend for herself.

"If these cramps are just like pieces of paper, I can just get it out of my system and through it away," Shin Hye said.

"Dara-noona said that most girls tend to lose the pain of dysmenorrhea after they give birth," Yong Hwa said.

Not Dara again????

"Ah... That is still a remote possibility. I have a career to focus on," she said. "And aren't sports good to decrease the pain?"

"Ne... ne," he said. "My cousin is an athlete, and she never had the cramps."

"Ah~~" she winced. "Apa...."

She only ate three spoonfuls, and he was worried that she'd get sick. She only ate less everytime she had the cramps. She scooted to the wall and leaned.

"Gomawo," she said to him.

He only smiled, but it was a painful smile. He knew that she'd rather be with her on-screen partner. And he finally realized that he had fallen for her.

Then, her phone rang, and he took it. It was Kyu from the other line, and Yong Hwa told him that Shin Hye had dysmenorrhea again.

"Omo, I better go there!" Kyu said.

******

Kyu got to the dorm with Dara, much to Yong Hwa's and Shin Hye's secret annoyance. Shin Hye hated Dara a bit, and Yong Hwa kinda did not like Kyu as well.

"Shin Hye-ya, gwaenchanha?" Kyu asked as he got near the bed.

Yong Hwa stood up and looked at Dara.

"Shin Hye-ssi, Kyuhyun-ssi and I brought in something to eat," the thin girl said, holding a basket of sweetmeats and some other goodies.

"Go..gomapseumnida, Eonni," Shin Hye said, hiding her jealousy.

As Kyu massaged Shin Hye's hand, Dara looked away. She did not like it that her star was being snatched away by another star. It made her feel like she was living a black-and-white life.

"Noona, let's go to the kitchen," Yong Hwa said to the other PA to give the stars some moments together.

The two stars looked at their PAs getting to the kitchen. Shin Hye felt Kyuhyun's hand trembling in hers.

"Kyu-oppa?"

"I am so gonna confront Yong Hwa already!" Kyu told her.

"Oppa, hajima," Shin Hye said. "Please do not hurt Yong..."

"I am not gonna hurt him," Kyu said. "I am just gonna confront him about him and Dara-noona. I cannot take it that they are so sweet while we are looking at them in jealousy."

"Just... just promise me, Oppa, that you will not hurt Yong Hwa," Shin Hye begged weakly.

"Geurae!" Kyu said. "I won't hurt him because I know you love him."

He was showing that evil smirk again that Shin Hye had to spank his arm.

*****

Yong Hwa and Dara were cooking lunch for the four of them, and they thought that some cool drinks would add fun to the warm day, so the two of them walked out and drove to the nearest convenient store. When they got to the dorm, they found Kyuhyun by the door, arms crossed, one foot tapping in anger.

"Eodi isseosseo (Where were you)?" he asked the two. "You did not ask permission to go, and Shin Hye was calling on you, Yong Hwa."

"Shin Hye?"

He started to run in, but Kyu held him tight.

"You are really scatter-brained," Kyu said. "I wonder where your manners went, huh?"

"M...mianhae..."

"Kyuhyun-ssi!" Dara called out.

"Stay out of this, Noona," Kyu said to her. "This is a war between me and Yong Hwa."

"War?" Dara asked.

"Geurae?" Yong Hwa asked, his pride hurt. "What war is it? And are you using Shin Hye-ssi to get me into this fight?"

"Stay away from my PA!" Kyu shouted at him as he threw Yong Hwa out of the door.

"Yong Hwa!" Dara screamed as she went to him. Then, to Kyu, "What's wrong with you? I respected you a lot for fear of your fans! But why are you doing this to my friend?"

"Your friend?" Kyu asked. "Or should you have said, your lover boy?"

"Lover boy?" Yong Hwa asked.

"Animnida!" Dara explained. "Yong Hwa is just my friend. I... I like someone else..."

It made Kyu stop. Who was that someone else? He got a bit jealous still as Dara helped Yong Hwa to his feet, and the SuJu maknae looked at the two get in the house.

"Who... who does she like?" Kyu asked in sad curiosity.

****

Dara finished cooking lunch when Kyu went to her.

"Noona...mi..mian..."

"You should say sorry to Yong Hwa, not to me," Dara said.

Dara saw a very guilty and worried look on Kyu's face.

"Noona... I... I just want to know who you like..."

Dara felt her cheeks heating up, so she got her bag and retrieved something, then she handed a chocolate gift to him. Kyu saw the fancy pink ribbons tied around the glass box.

"What...what is this, Noona?" Kyu asked in confusion.

"Don't you get it, Kyu-ssi?"

Kyu lit up a wide smile.

"N...Noona... I... I did not know you feel the same way!" Kyu said.

"Huh????" Dara asked. "But...but I thought..."

"You saw that Shin Hye and I were not even a couple, right?" Kyu said. "You know that very well. You had been with us for so long. So you know that I never looked at her like I look at you."

"Kyu..." Dara said.

Kyu wrapped his arms around her and leaned on her shoulder.

"Saranghae, Noona..." he said. "I do not mind having a Noona for a girlfriend."

"Kyu~~~~" Dara crooned as she hugged him too.

****

 

We do almost everything that lovers do
And that’s why it’s hard, just to be friends with you
Every time your heart is broken by the fool
I want you to know that it hurts me too
It’s hard to wipe your tears away (tears away)
Knowing that you should be with me
Now tell me why

[CHORUS:]

Why – why are we still friends
When everything says
We should be more than we are
And tell me why every time I find
Someone that I like
We always end up just being friends (Just Being Friends)

I would hate for you to find somebody new
Who you really love, cause it would mean losing you
But am I a fool girl not to say
If I’m always scared I’ll lose you anyway
Somehow somewhere I’ve got to choose (got to choose)
No matter if it’s win or lose
Now tell me why

[CHORUS]

I don’t wanna be like your brother
I don’t wanna be your best friend
I only wanna be your lover
When will this end
If I told you that I wanna be in your life
Then you could be the woman in mine

[CHORUS x2]

 

Yong Hwa was brushing his fingers through Shin Hye's hair when Kyu came in. The two of them talked, and Kyu apologized for getting jealous. The star revealed that he and his PA are already lovers.

"I envy you, Kyu-ssi," Yong Hwa said while looking at the sleeping girl.

"You should tell her how you feel," Kyu said with a wink before exiting.

Yong Hwa thought it was right, so he bent down to give Shin Hye a kiss. He was successful when he was able to give her a soft and tender kiss to her lips. And with that, Shin Hye woke up with weak eyes.

"Uh... what happened?" she asked.

Yong Hwa blushed, and she saw it.

"Am I not dreaming? Did you just...kiss me?" she asked.

Yong Hwa shyly nodded.

"Sh...Shin Hye-ya... johahae... Anio! Saranghae..." he said.

Shin Hye lit up a smile.

"You never know, but I got jealous of Dara-eonni..."

"Ani... Dara-noona and I are not lovers," Yong Hwa explained. "And today, she and Kyu-ssi are lovers."

"Good for them," she said. "Na do neol saranghae..."

She whispered to him to kiss her again, and he bent down to give her another set of sweet kisses. She received his lips into and cherishing every part of him, hoping that it would, at least, ease the pain of the cramps.

*****

Lunch time.

Shin Hye forced herself to eat lunch at the proper venue, so Yong Hwa assisted her. And so, the four of them ate lunch happily.

****

That evening, Manager Jun came in, and Shin Hye told him that Yong Hwa's her namjachingu already. The manager laughed in amusement.

"I never thought that kid knows how to court!" Manager Jun said.

Then, he got serious.

"I know that the fans are going to get angry if they know the truth," he said. "Let's talk to the management so that we can plot on how to tell the netizens and the world."

"N...ne, Oppa," Shin Hye said.

"I am sure Super Junior knows that you and Kyuhyun are not a real couple," Manager Jun said.

"Ne, they know it," Shin Hye said.

And so, Manager Jun and the manager of Super Junior talked about it. They decided that Shin Hye and  Kyuhyun tell the truth to their respective CEOs so that a fabricated tale of a breakup will be told to the press and to the netizens. Shin Hye hated to lie to her fans, she wanted to tell them that there was never her and Kyu. But Manager Oppa thought otherwise.

****

And so, the SM CEO and 4HIM Entertainment CEO agreed to tell the world that Kyu and Shin Hye were only on-screen lovers, clearing some confusions, misunderstanding, and fan wars. The two heads wanted to fabricate some stories, but they thought it would only make things worse.

And so, an annoying little news from an insider was posted on the internet, which caused fans to complain. They loved the pair, and they thought that the two were really lovers. Some thought that they were on the verge of getting real, while some thought that they were dating and were on their way to becoming a couple. It caused the pair to lose some fans, but then, most of the Elfs still defended their Kyu-maknae, still supporting him despite the clarification of the rumors. The Starlight Angels still loved Shin Hye because she was being true to herself. Those netizens who were open-minded berated the hard-core KyuShin to knock it off and keep quiet and have a life.

As to who each star loved, it was never revealed because the netizens were harsh people who never did anything right at all. It was up to time for netizens to finally accept the truth that there was only KyuShin in the reel.

****

One night, Kyu called Shin Hye up and asked her how she had been. The two of them talked about their past, and they did not regret standing up for what they feel.

"Shindong-hyung called me and Noona as 'Dadoong couple,' because Dadoong really likes me," Kyuhyun said.

Shin Hye laughed.

"As for me, Yong and I do not have a unique name... just YongShin," Shin Hye said, looking at the pendant of a necklace that she wore.

"That's cute!" Kyu said.

After an hour of talking, they hung up.

"Jagiya?" Yong Hwa called up. "Are you ready?"

Shin Hye was dressed up in a beautiful mini dress, and she was ready for their date.

"Ne," she said.

She daintily went to him and held his hand.

"Gaja," he whispered with a wink.

She really loved that her ex-PA is so romantic. She held his hand and allowed him to lead her to their date venue.

The venue where he and three other guys would debut as a rock band, which later on, would change the face of Hallyu wave.

 

~~~~END~~~~

(up next, YongShin and Geun Suk love triangle, plot and suggestion by yuri252)

~~~~

(regarding suggestions of plots, please read the comment section for further announcements. ^_^

~~~~