Guess My Love

Diary (Collection Of One-Shot Fics)

YongShin and Choi Jonghun, suggested by jhengot.

****

Yong Hwa came home from his vacation in Paris. When he got in his pad, he was filled with shock, then rage and anger.

He noticed some yellow signs from the police, who were investigating the scene of the crime. When Yong Hwa asked what it was about, the police told him what had happened.

Someone got in his pad and ransacked his belongings: his TV, laptop, radio, all other appliances. His clothes were in a mess, and even his money went missing. There was almost nothing left in his pad except for some old clothes. He ran to the next door neighbor and asked, and the neighbor told him that they had reported it to the police because even they had been robbed of their belongings the night before his return.

Good thing for Yong Hwa, because he had his ATM with him, as well as his clothes from his vacation. He took a shower in the neighbor's pad, then dashed to the bank to close all his accounts so that no one could withdraw. Good thing for him also, that the theft happened on a weekend, and the banks were not accessible. He did all he could to preserve his money.

And after that, he went to the police station to follow up the case. The police had no lead as to the whereabouts of the suspect, but they had a computerized sketch of the criminal.

The man had a moon scar on his forehead, the same way Harry Potter has the lightning scar on his forehead.

"I trust that you can help me with this," Yong Hwa said.

"Sajangnim, you know that our men are still at the scene of the crime, and we are not letting go of it," the police said. "You can trust that we will solve the case for you and your neighbor."

Yong Hwa nodded and left. He could not get back to the pad because the scene was under investigation. His only option was to go to his cousin's house.

****

Jin Woon let his hyung in. The student was very much surprised when he heard what happened to the businessman's pad.

"You can stay here, Hyung, for the meantime," Jin Woon said.

"Gomawo," Yong Hwa said.

He wanted to rest and forget about his problem first. After all, being a young businessman at the age of 24 was a bit stressful, but he could manage. It was his premise to bring vital papers and store them somewhere, and he had a lot of other more secrets on how to store his money and documents. However, this final vacation, it was his mistake to leave behind his money and his bank books. He could afford a new TV, laptop, and other appliances. It was just the money that mattered to him.

"Hyung, you can seek the help of a fortune teller," Jin Woon said.

"I do not believe in such nonsense," Yong Hwa said.

"Yong Hwa-hyung, I tell you, it is for real," Jin Woon said. "You need to pay him for the services, of course, but you can be sure that it is worth it."

Jin Woon told him about a certain Choi Jonghun, who was working as a tattoo artist. That is his front work, but his sideline is being a fortune teller. Yong Hwa decided to give it a shot.

****

Jonghun was lighting up a cigar before finishing the dragon tattoo for a client when Yong Hwa came in. The tattoo artist nodded and told the businessman to sit down. When the client was all done, she paid for the tattoo, with Jonghun giving her some more instructions. When the woman left, Yong Hwa directly told Jonghun that he wanted to be told of his fortune.

"Ah, ne. I will have to close my shop for the meantime," Jonghun said before puffing some smoke.

He closed the door and flipped to sign to "Close" so that customers will know that Jonghun was quite busy for the day. And so, he led Yong inside his chamber, where the businessman saw a deck of cards on the table. Yong sat down, and the fortune teller sat on the other said. First, Jonghun read his client's palm and contemplated. Then, he arranged his cards and flipped them one by one. When he saw the different figures on each card, he told Yong Hwa what it was about.

From the fortune teller's mouth, Yong Hwa knew that he can find the man with the moon-shaped scar on the seventh time at an apothecary shop by the south of the golden dragon. Jonghun could not even describe what the seventh time means because the card and Yong Hwa's palm were vague, but that was all Yong Hwa needed to know.

"What does he exactly mean by seventh time? Seventh hour of the day? Seventh day of the week? Or I will meet him at the seventh time that I will go visit the apothecary shop?" Yong Hwa thought as he paid the fortune teller.

Then, he smiled at Jonghun.

"I think I will have to pay everything that I can to make sure you tell me where the man is," Yong Hwa said, while Jonghun only nodded.

*****

As Yong Hwa was still in his vacation, he went all over Seoul to find the apothecary shop south the golden dragon. He knew where the south is, basing on the turn of things and logic. Then, he saw what to him was the golden dragon: It was a Chinese resturant with the golden dragon on its signage.

"This must be it," he thought.

Then, he looked at the store beside it. The store was "south" to the dragon in terms of location by compass, but to the person looking at the two buildings, it was the store to the right of the observer. And what seems to be an apothecary shop was actually a drugstore.

"This is it!" he thought.

He dashed inside and saw a lot of people filing in line. The drugstore also have some merchandise, so Yong Hwa grabbed some unnecessary chips and filed in line to pay for his purchase. As he lazily waited, he turned to the pharmacy counter and saw a pretty lady with shiny eyes and a ready smile.

"Please come back again, Sonnim," the lady said.

He was struck at such beauty that he was left in place.

"Ajeosshi, you are next in line," a lady snapped at him.

"Ah, joesonghamnida..." Yong Hwa said.

But he resented being called ajeosshi. After paying for his food, he stood at the corner and looked at the lady. When he remembered he had no stock of pain medications, he file to the medicine counter and waited for his turn.

Finally, his turn came, and the pretty lady attended to him. He read her nameplate and saw "Park Shin Hye" on it.

"Sonnim, annyeonghaseyo?" Shin Hye greeted.

"Annyeonghaseyo?" he greeted too. "Mefenamic acid jom juseyo. Make it ten."

"Geureohseumnida," Shin Hye said. "Do you need anything else?"

"Ah, ne, do you also sell heart medications?" Yong Hwa asked.

"Ne. There are a lot of heart medications," she said. "Do you have a prescription from your doctor?"

Yong Hwa shook his head.

"Animnida. I just thought, you might sell them because you cure my heart ache," he told her.

The other customers and the other pharmacists giggled at the joke.

"I am a pharmacist, not a doctor. And, ajeosshi, I will take it as a compliment," Shin Hye said.

But deep inside, she was fuming at his suave frankness. What an airhead!

"I am not an ajeosshi," he told her. "Jung Yong Hwa-imnida. Bangapseumnida, Park Shin Hye-ssi."

The others continued to giggle, and Shin Hye was blushing in embarrassment.

"Bangapseumnida, Yong Hwa-ssi," she said. "Sonnim, do you need anything else?"

"Eopseumnida," he said with a smile.

Shin Hye totalled his purchase and told him the price. Yong Hwa smiled as he handed her his credit card.

He did not make fun of her. He just wanted to get nicer and closer to her, but he had given her a bad first impression. The other pharmacists and the other customers began to say that both of them looked cute together. Shin Hye kept her cool, but deep inside, she was getting very angry. She did her work fast so that Yong Hwa could get his mefenamic acid in a jiffy and leave her alone. After giving him his meds and his card, she thanked him for coming.

"Please come again," she said. And deep inside, "I hope you will not come."

"Shin Hye-ssi, that guy is very handsome!" Hyomin said to her.

"Shin Hye-ssi, you really need to have a boyfriend already," a customer told her.

"Really, I am not in a hurry, Halmeoni," Shin Hye said.

But deep inside, she was already cursing Yong Hwa for making her embarrassed.

*****

After her shift at seven that night, Shin Hye got out of the drugstore and hailed a cab. She saw Yong Hwa standing beside her also, waiting for a taxi.

"Jeogiyo, there is no need for you to hail a cab for me," she told him.

Yong Hwa turned to her and smiled.

"I am waiting for a taxi too, mind you," he said with a wink.

Shin Hye fumed as she hailed another cab. It was rush hour, and many people had been riding taxis lately. She grabbed her hair with her slender fingers and cussed.

"Arghhhh!!!! Michigetda!" she shouted.

He smirked because she lost her cool. When she noticed it gave him satisfaction, she raised her eyebrows and cleared .

"There is no need for you to make fun of me," she said. "You had done so much already this evening."

"Geureomyeon, would you accept dinner as an apology?" he asked her.

Shin Hye wanted to refuse, but her stomach was already nagging.

"Bae gopeuda..." she murmured.

"So?" he asked with a smirk.

"Joha!" she said dryly. "Just this once."

****

Both of them went to an old-style restaurant serving good ol' Korean food. Yong Hwa looked at her eating daintily, like she was a goddess or something. At first, it was him doing all the talking because she had been very mad at his uber frankness. When he mentioned about the theft of his pad, Shin Hye stopped slurping her noodles.

"I saw it in the news," she said thoughtfully. "So sorry to hear that."

Yong Hwa gave her a sad smile.

"Gwaenchanha," he said. "I am glad that only a small portion of my belongings are lost."

It was a small portion for him, but despite being small, all his belongings meant a lot to him.

"Have you already went to a fortune teller?" she asked him.

"Choi Jonghun?" he asked in a whisper.

Shin Hye knew it might be a secret, so she nodded knowingly.

"I had been there this afternoon before I went to the drugstore," he said. "I am planning to bribe him more so that he can accurately tell me who the thief is."

"That is a waste of fortune, Yong Hwa-ssi," she said. "You better keep your belongings safe and let the police do their job."

"Bribing Jonghun won't hurt, won't it?" he asked. "I am a businessman, and I know when to take risks and when to stop."

"Aish, you are a businessman, but you do not obviously know that fortune telling is not the same as investing in the stock market," she said.

"I know how to invest in the stock market," he frowned.

"Well, what I am telling you is, do not waste your money in something that is just based on luck," she said.

"Well, stocks are like that too."

"But Yong, stocks are both luck and scientific," she said. "Fortune telling is not scientific. So end it there."

Yong Hwa fumed. He did not want someone to order him around, not when he is boss of his own company.

"Well, I will do as I please with my money," he said.

Shin Hye noticed his tone of voice, which was almost irate, and she knew because the manager at the drugstore tended to be like that too.

"Algesseumnida (I know)," she said. "All I wanna say is sorry for what happened to you."

Yong was taken aback. He had the nerve to be angry when it was he who had been pestering her back there at the drugstore.

"I just wanna say sorry for being too forward on you this evening," he said.

As he apologized, she was willing to forgive him.

"May I know where you live?" he asked.

She raised her eyebrows at his straightforwardness again, so he assured her that he wanted to take her home. Shin Hye agreed and told him it was all right.

*****

He took her home, and she thanked him for his act of kindness. Despite acting the part of a player, he could be a gentleman too.

*****

The next day, Yong Hwa went back at seven in the morning after jogging, but to his surprise, the drugstore was still closed. He thought he should consult Jonghun on the way to the office.

Which was he did. The tattoo artist was surprised that the businessman came back to bribe him even more.

"Yong Hwa-ssi, I cannot change my mind," Jonghun said. "Your lines in the palms will not change, will they?"

But Yong Hwa gave him a check.

"Igeo," he said to Jonghun. "Give me a favorable prediction."

Jonghun sat on the chair near the cards and read Yong Hwa's palms again. There was no change, so all Jonghun could say is that he needed to still get back to the apothecary shop.

*****

That night, at seven, Yong Hwa passed by the drugstore and went in to see Shin Hye. Hyomin remembered him, so she elbowed her friend and .

"Annyeonghaseyo, Shin Hye-ssi?" Yong Hwa greeted.

As she greeted the customer, the eldery customers began teasing the two of them for their cuteness.

"Who knows, both of you can have cute babies," one halmeoni said.

"Aish, she could be my granddaughter-in-law who can produce cute babies for my grandson," her halmeoni friend said.

Shin Hye got embarrassed with all the questions and teasings being thrown at her, and Yong Hwa just smiled at her.

"Omo, if I am not wrong, you were dating that tattoo artist Jonghun, geureohchyo?" the third halmeoni asked her.

"Ah, animnida, Halmeoni," Shin Hye said. "We are just friends."

Yong Hwa looked at Shin Hye. He could imagine her beside Jonghun, and he found himself not wanting what the halmeoni had said.

Because he had started to like Shin Hye the first time he saw her.

He bought a bottle of multivitamins and politely got out of the scene.

"Well, he is better than that Jonghun, Shin Hye-ya," the halmeonis said that Hyomin had to agree.

"That young man looks fine, while Jonghun had lots of tattoos on his arms!" the other halmeoni ed. "Why draw on your skin when you can draw on paper? Aigooooooo...."

Shin Hye smiled at them, but then looked far ahead to see a glimpse of Yong. But he was nowhere to be found.

****

Yong Hwa went back to the fortune teller, obsessed about catching the thief. When Jonghun told him his business was closed for the day, Yong Hwa insisted and gave him a large amount.

"I told you about the apothecary south the golden dragon," Jonghun said. "Why did I find you by Yoo Guk Jang's drugstore?"

"Where am I supposed to find the golden dragon?" Yong Hwa asked.

"The place I was telling you is in Myeongdong," Jonghun said. "You wasted your time."

Yong Hwa cursed Jonghun before getting away. It was past seven already, but maybe, the thief could be hanging out in there. And just as Jonghun had said, the apothecary shop, another drugstore, was located beside the golden dragon stall, still south according to prediction.

He got in and found that there was no sign of the man with the crescent scar at all. Yet, he felt that maybe, Jonghun wanted him out of the other drugstore because he was dating Shin Hye.

"Could it be that Jonghun did not want me to see his fling?" was his thought. "They are not lovers at all, so I can still have the right to court her."

He ran out of the drugstore and went back to the other drugstore. To his surprise, he saw Jonghun about to kiss Shin Hye. His heart was clenching because he had liked her even if he had met her just yesterday.

"What chance can I have?" he thought. "They had known each other for years. We only met recently..."

So, he walked away sadly.

"Jebal," Shin Hye whispered to Jonghun as she sealed her lips with her finger.

"Waeyo?" Jonghun asked.

"Can... can we take it slow? I mean, we are friends, but you see..." she explained.

"You are in love with someone else?" Jonghun asked.

Shin Hye was flustered, but she had to lie.

"Aniya..." she said. "It's just, it is awkward to love a friend... can we just stay like this?"

"Ani," Jonghun said as he held her shoulder. "You should love me! Only me!"

And he harassed Shin Hye with his harsh kisses, but she pounded his chest for him to back off. Just then, someone pulled Jonghun and boxed him hard. Jonghun fell to the floor and looked at the assailant.

"Yong Hwa-ssi?" he asked.

Shin Hye looked at the guys and tried to stop them.

"Is that how you treat a girl?" Yong Hwa asked. "You treat a friend like this?"

The halmeonis all went out to see the commotion, and even Hyomin, who was about to leave, got out.

"Stay out of this!" Jonghun said. "She is my girl!"

"I am so not!" Shin Hye shouted at him. "I told you I am not ready for you!"

Jonghun stood up and looked at everyone in anger before leaving. Yong Hwa held Shin Hye's shoulder and asked.

"Gwaenchanha?" he asked her.

"Eung..."

"Jeogiyo, Yong Hwa-ssi," Hyomin interrupted. "Jonghun-ssi might harass her on the way home. He is a dangerous guy. Can you accompany her home?"

Then, she shivered. The halmeoni took pity on Hyomin and Shin Hye and told the latter not to associate with her friend much.

"Algesseumnida," Yong Hwa said.

Shin Hye grew weak as he held her hand, and they went away. The halmeonis all went ooohs and aaahhs at the cuteness of the two. Somehow, Hyomin was able to breathe easy to see Shin Hye taken cared of by a cute stranger.

"I don't have to worry, right?" Hyomin asked the halmeoni next to her.

"I am a good judge of character," the halmeoni said. "Shin Hye-ya will be in good hands."

****

Jin Woon was busy preparing dinner when Yong Hwa came in with a girl. The younger guy blinked his eyes in confusion.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Agasshi?" Jin Woon greeted her politely.

"She will be eating dinner with us here for tonight," Yong Hwa said dryly.

"Waeyo?" Jin Woon asked.

Yong Hwa said he will explain later, and so the three of them feasted on the food that Jin Woon cooked. Yong Hwa was so proud of Jin Woon because the latter could really cook like he was a girl about to get married. At dinner, Shin Hye shared to them who Jonghun was.

Yes, they were childhood friends, but she only harbored friendly feelings for him. Jonghun hated it that he started to harass her that night with a harsh kiss so that he could mark her as part of her territory. Jin Woon was agitated and began to curse, stating no proper guy would treat like that to a lady.

"Chill, Jin Woon-ah," Yong Hwa said.

Jin Woon nodded.

"I will take you home," Yong Hwa offered.

"Gamsahamnida," Shin Hye said.

And so, he did took her home with him driving in his car. When they reached the destination, he received a call from the police, stating that they found the lead to the man with the moon on his forehead. Yong Hwa hoped they will succeed.

"Is it them?" Shin Hye asked.

"Eung."

Both of them got out of the car and went to the gate.

"Thanks for taking me home," she said in polite way.

"You don't have to be formal around me," he said. "I am a businessman, but I give you the privilege to be familiar with me."

Shin Hye blushed as she tucked some stray hair behind her ears.

"You are beautiful," he said.

Shin Hye bit her lips coyly because he stated it with sincerity, unlike the arrogant manner he did at the pharmacy.

"Gomawo..." she said shyly.

He held her face and caressed her skin with his thumb. The electric jolts from his fingers sent some tingling sensation to her spine.

"Good night," he whispered.

He smiled at her, and she blushed again. As he tried to go away, Shin Hye pulled him for a back hug.

"Gomawo... gomawo... you are my angel," she whispered.

Yong Hwa smiled and held her warm hand.

"Ani. You are my angel," he told her.

Then, she released her hug and looked at him who turned his back back at her.

"You need to sleep now," he said.

"Ah...ne..." she said politely with a bow. "Annyeonghi jumuseyo (Good night)."

He smiled as she got in the gate. Aish, no other girl had made him feel this way.

****

He stayed outside of the gate, looking up the second floor, where a room suddenly illuminated after she came in. He leaned against his car, imagining what she did behind the curtains of her window. She could be counting her money, or brushing her hair, or reading some books. He had a smile to himself, imagining all the cute things that she might do.

Meanwhile, Shin Hye did not hear the sound of the ignition, she she peaked from her curtain. She saw Yong Hwa leaning against his car, his arms crossed on his chest.

"Eotteohke?" she asked with a blush. "He is still here! What am I gonna do?"

The handsome man was still outside, looking at her window.

"Is he interested in me?" she thought with a demure smile as she covered her hand with her fingers. "Omo?"

She could not help from blushing and getting giddy. No other guy had made her feel this girly. She felt warmth creeping through her whole body that she liked it so much.

"I... I like him..." she admitted to herself.

When she checked her mirror, she saw her face a palette of red and pink. All blushes. She could not help but put her clammy palms against her cheeks.

"Eotteohke? Ayiiii~~~~"

She was not aware that she could be heard from below.

****

From down below, Yong Hwa smiled as he heard her giggles and her sighs and her uncertainties.

"Is she a high school girl?" he asked in curiosity.

Nevertheless, her cuteness made his heart jump with glee.

*****

The next day, Yong Hwa went to the office early without getting to the tattoo artist. He was regretful that he wasted his money on fortune telling stuff. He had another reason to be early: the policemen called in and said they found the whereabouts of the criminal.

The police where there when he came, and they talked. He begged them to catch the thief so he can get back to living in his pad.

"Algesseumnida," the police said.

For the whole day, Yong Hwa did his office works while keeping his hopes up that the criminal will be caught.

****

For the whole day, the police had not reported him anything. He went back to the police station and asked, but all the police got where failed leads. He asked to see the computerized sketch just in case he'd meet the criminal.

"But what did that Jonghun say about the seventh time?" he thought.

He remembered that he had to go and meet with Shin Hye again, lest that Jonghun would harass her again. He got in his car and drove to the drugstore.

He got down and almost tripped along the curb, and he accidentally stumbled across a man.

"Ya!" the man shouted in disgust.

Yong Hwa apologized...

And saw the face of the man.

Moreover, he had that moon scar on his forehead.

He was the man!

"Neo!" Yong Hwa hissed as he grabbed the man by the shirt.

"Let go!" the man shouted.

But Yong Hwa boxed the man hard, and the passersby all shrieked in fear. Some were starting to run away from the scene when Yong Hwa uttered.

"I had been looking for you!" he shouted. "You stole from my neighbor, and you ransacked my pad!"

The man said he had no idea what he was talking about. As Yong Hwa boxed the man even more, a green wallet fell off his jacket. It was the wallet that Yong Hwa's sister left in his pad.

"Call the police!" he shouted to the bystanders.

The man pushed Yong Hwa hard so he can escape. Good thing for Yong Hwa, a body builder who had witnessed the incident grabbed hold of the man and held his arms on his back to disable him.

"I got him," the body builder said.

"Gamsahamnida," Yong Hwa said.

A police car came from the scene, and they saw the man. They recognized him as one from the computerized sketch.

"This is him," the police said.

The people inside the drugstore had no idea what had happened outside because the store was busy. Only when Shin Hye, who ended her shift, got out of the store did she know what the commotion was all about.

"Yong Hwa!" she shouted.

But Yong Hwa did not hear her, because he got inside his car and followed the police to the station. She clutched her chest, hoping he'd be all right.

By now, the people were all calm, so they went back to their separate businesses. Shin Hye had no number of Yong Hwa, and she could not contact him to ask him if he was all right.

****

Shin Hye waited for Hyomin to get out of the store, so they ate dinner together. As they ate dinner in a Korean resto, they met Jin Woon.

"Oh, annyeonghaseyo, Noona?" Jin Woon greeted.

Shin Hye invited him, but Jin Woon declined.

"Ah, gwaenchanhuseyo," he said. "I am waiting for Yong Hwa-hyung."

"He went to the police station," Shin Hye said.

"He did?" Jin Woon asked. "Geureom, was the thief arrested?"

"So said the witnesses," she replied.

"Just eat with us," Hyomin said.

Jin Woon was obliged because two noonas were asking him out for dinner. And in return, Jin Woon gave Yong Hwa's number to Shin Hye.

*****

Shin Hye called Yong and apologized for being bold, telling him how she acquired his number. She was blushing as she explained, demure and all.

"I am on my way to Jonghun," Yong Hwa said. "I have to thank him for the fortune."

Shin Hye dropped the call in fear. She was afraid as to what Jonghun could do because he could get dangerous.

****

Yong Hwa looked at the clock in his car. It had the date and time, and he realized that the seventh time that Jonghun meant was the seventh day of the month. He sped to the tattoo shop and parked his car.

He got out and went to the shop, but it was already closed for the night.

"Yeogiseo wae (Why are you here)?" A voice asked.

When Yong Hwa turned around, it was Jonghun, who was sitted at the corner while enjoying his smoke.

"I want to thank you for helping me get the thief," Yong Hwa said.

Jonghun puffed the smoke and replied. "My predictions are quite accurate, had it not been for your vague lines on your palms. I will ask for something in return."

"What is it?" Yong Hwa asked.

"Stay away from Shin Hye," Jonghun said jealously. "She is mine."

"I am not," a female voice blurted out.

The two guys turned to the sound, and Jonghun stood up. It was Shin Hye, and she had a fiesty look on her face.

"Choi Jonghun, please do not get hurt with what I say, but I am sorry I do not feel anything for you..."

Tears started to come down her eyes.

"Why are you crying?" Jonghun asked casually.

"Because we are friends, and I do not want to hurt you," she said.

"You already hurt me last night," he said. "You rejected my kiss."

"That was because I don't love you... Mianhae..." she said.

"Mianhada, Shin Hye-ya," Jonghun said as he threw the cigarette on the ground. "I am too rash. I know even from the start that you don't love me."

He got up and walked towards her. Yong Hwa stood as a spectator, watching the two friends talk. Jonghun wrapped his arms around Shin Hye and her hair.

"Mianhada. I am just rash. I am pushing myself, trying all my efforts to get you to see me," he said gently.

"Can we still be friends?" she asked.

Jonghun's chest tightened. He definitely not want her for a friend anymore but his girlfriend. But since she did not want the latter, he would rather choose not to be friends with her anymore. But he could not refuse.

"Aish, I will only be friends with you because you asked me to," he casually said as he ruffled his hair.

But deep inside, he was hurting to give his friend away. Then, he turned to Yong Hwa after hugging her.

"Ya. You like my girl?" the tattoo artist asked, unabashed.

Yong Hwa looked flustered because he did not want Jonghun to know.

"Take care of her. If you hurt her, I will sue you," Jonghun said with a mocking smirk.

"Ne..." Yong Hwa said, confused if it was true or a joke.

"Gamsahamnida..." Shin Hye said to Jonghun.

Jonghun ruffled her hair for the last time before going away. Shin Hye looked once at him, then back at Yong Hwa.

"Why are you here?" he asked.

"Because I thought that Jonghun would hurt you," she said.

Yong Hwa smiled as he went to her.

"You are worried," he told her.

"Ne...."

He held her soft hand and squeezed it gently.

"We need to get out of here," he said. "It's kinda dark, and some bad guys might harm you. And I don't want that."

Shin Hye smiled as he played knight. He was so cool.

"Gomawo..."

The both of them went inside his car, and they sped off.

****

Both of them got out of the car and got the gate.

"Thanks to your friend, my problem is solved," Yong Hwa said.

"Ah, ne~~~"

"And thanks to him, I got to know you," he said.

Shin Hye bit her lips and avoided his melting gaze. He smiled at her cuteness that he pulled her again for a soft embrace.

"You know that I like you," he said. "And I enjoyed listening to your giggles last night."

Shin Hye cringed in embarrassment.

"You didn't have to," she complained.

He pushed her gently away from his hug and looked at her fair face.

"Can we be friends?" he asked.

"Ah...are we not?"

"Ah, geurae, we are... Well, friendship leads to any possibilities, including love," he said.

Shin Hye blushed and was speechless.

"Just wait for me, and I will make you mine," he whispered in a naughty manner.

"Ah....ne..." she said clumsily.

"Should you say that I'd chase you instead of saying just ne?" he asked in playful disappointment.

"Ah...aniya.... What I meant is... uh..." she stammered.

Yong Hwa smiled at her cuteness that he could not get enough of her.

"You are so naive, Shin Hye-ya," he said boldly. "Your naivety makes me want to chase you."

"Ah...geuraeyo?" she asked in clumsiness again... "I will make it hard for you."

A smile lit up Yong Hwa's face.

"Ah... all the more you make me want you," he said.

He took her hand, and she blushed again, taking her gaze away from him.

"Good night," he said.

Then, he wrapped his arms around her and confessed that he really did like her. After bidding each other good night, he let her go of his hug and let her in. He waited for five minutes before going away to Jin Woon's house.

Shin Hye lingered by the window and covered her lips.

"He likes me... he wants to chase me... I will make him chase me... until it all leads to a kiss," she thought.

It was too early for a kiss, and she was willing to make him wait, willing to make herself wait. She brought a finger to her lips and caressed it.

"I like you too," she said.

 

Strangers destined to meet will become friends. If really meant to be, they might end up as lovers...

 

~~~~END~~~~

(Up next, Shin Hye's golden ring, as requested by sayafars)

Sorry for the loooooooooong update.....

 

~~~~