THE DORK

Wicked

 

CHAPTER 2   THE DORK

 

 

BBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Loud thud filled the room when I fell out of bed and hit the floor. I opened my eyes.. still disoriented with my surrounding.

 

“Awww… Ohhh… my hip.. my …ouch..” I grunted and squirmed on the floor when my pain receptors kicked in.

 

I slowly got up and walked to my bedside table while rubbing my sore . I picked up alarm clock to check the time.

 

“Oh… it’s 10:30am.” I mumbled to myself.

 

 

“Brand new day, brand new life, brand new start!” That’s my tagline every morning when I wake up.

 

I picked up my towel and some toiletries, yawned and stretched my limbs on the way to the bathroom… still rubbing my sore .

 

I’m freshly out of college. I don’t have to look for a job because my family owns a restaurant and I started to work there full time last month. It’s cool not to be troubled with looking for a job since it’s a painstaking thing to do, but I still have plans of finding the right path for me.

 

It’s a Sunday… so it means its my day off. Yes, I have a day off. I don’t want to work every single day of the week. I want to be a normal employee.. an employee that rests just for a day.

 

Ahhh… boring.. I’m bored.

 

I sat on the couch and turned the T.V. on. After flipping from channel to channel and not finding an interesting show to watch, I turned the T.V. off and tossed the remote on the couch.

 

Oh man… What would I do?

 

Where would I go?

 

To the mall?

 

No… too crowdy.

 

Have a good time with my friends?

 

No… I want to be alone this time.

 

I have to do something. I have to go out of the house.

 

I opened the fridge and get a tetra pack of sterilized milk. I picked up my car keys and step out of the house.

 

With no particular place to go to, I continued to drive along the way. Time for an adventure. Let’s see where this journey would lead to.

 

Would I find an interesting place?

 

Would I see interesting people?

 

Well.. let’s just wait and see.

 

While driving for who know how long, I saw trees.. many trees beyond a  long metal fence. A park.  For some unknown reason, I found myself driving the car inside the park.

 

You’re in a picnic park.           

 

What the hell were you thinking?

 

You? In a picnic park?

 

Sheeshh.

 

I mocked myself.

 

I was never really fond of picnic parks or zoos or those similar places. I find it boring. I want lively places.. places full of energy.

 

Then why am I here now?

 

Well… I don’t know either.

 

I park my car and started strolling along the brick laden path. The ground is still moist and the sun slowly peeked from the clouds.

 

When I was walking, I noticed a girl sitting on the bench and holding her phone. I couldn’t clearly see her face because her head is faced the other way. I could only see the side of her cheek.

 

“Bad! Bad! Bad! You’re bad!”

 

The girl said while staring at her phone. She looked angry.

 

What’s wrong with this girl?

 

I have no intention to eavesdrop.. really… but my ears seemed to have minds of their own.

 

“You’re so bad! You’re so stupid! Why did you do that?” The stranger said again.. oblivious of my presence.

 

“You’re crazy!” She added.

 

Drama… *sigh*

 

“Huh? What did you say?” She instantly turned to me which surprised me. I almost jumped out of my skin.

 

“Wha---What?---?” I stammered in sudden shock.

 

“You…..” She narrowed her eyes on me. I looked straight to her. Finally I could see her face… her pretty face.

 

“What did I say?” I asked her back as I recovered from the shock.          

 

“You said drama…” She crossed her arms across her chest.

 

Did I say it out loud? O.o

 

“Yes you did.” She answered.

 

Oh my!  >.<

 

“No! I didn’t mean anything negative about it. I just got curious. I’m so sorry! I’m really so sorry! I’m sorry for disturbing you. I’m so sorry!” I bowed down repeatedly to the stranger.

 

I stopped when I hear her speak.

 

“Stop bowing. You already made your point.” She said in a less serious tone.

 

“Ah.. okay.” I replied.

 

She smiled then sighed.

 

I could see the sadness in her eyes. She smiled but her smile didn’t reached her eyes. Maybe this girl is really sad.. or really angry with something..with someone. Oh well… it’s none of my business.

 

I decided to continue strolling along the park. Before I left the stranger, I gave her a piece of my mind.

 

“Just let it out.. what ever you feel now.. just let it flow.” I told her.

 

She once again gave me a smile but this time, I could sense the gratitude in it.

 

“Thanks…. Ahmmm… What’s your name?” She asked.

 

“I’m Taeyeon.” I answered.

 

“Thanks Taeyeon… I’m Jessica.”

 

“Your welcome, Jessica”

 

I waved her goodbye and walked away.

 

Jessica… Jessica…..

 

My mind was occupied by the girl I met and I didn’t paid much attention to where I’m heading. I was looking down on the ground when I was walking and when I lift my head I was surprised to see a person coming into a collision with me. I tried to stop but its too late.. but I still managed to slow down a bit.

 

I slightly nudged the person.

 

“Oh! I’m sorry! I’m so sorry!” I immediately said sorry to the stranger.

 

“I’m so sorry! I wasn’t looking! I’m so sorry!” I repeatedly bowed.

 

She held my jaw and make me face her. Then she flicked my forehead… HARD.

 

“Owwww… Awwww… Ouch… that hurts..” I grunted and whined while rubbing my hurting forehead.

 

What the heck?! O.o

 

“Ohhh….” I kept on whining.

 

Ohh.. damn it! It really hurts! I’m seeing stars!

 

I heard her chuckled.    

 

I looked at her confusingly while still holding my poor forehead.

 

I saw the person’s face. Her pretty face.

 

She’s pretty….

 

 I stared at the stranger.

 

“Hey Miss… you can close your mouth now.” She teased me

 

Close my mouth? What? Why? O.o

 

I immediately closed my mouth when I noticed that my jaw dropped.

 

This is embarrassing… Huhu.. T^T

 

I felt my face flustered.

 

“It’s okay. I’m also at fault. I wasn’t looking. I’m sorry, too.” She told me before she proceeded walking again.

 

“Uhm.. wait..” I called her attention. She looked back at me.

 

“Hmn?” She raised my brows with no hint of annoyance.

 

I told her my name.  “Hi… I’m Taeyeon.”

 

She just smiled, nodded and walked away… not bothering to say her name.

 

Such a snob… a pretty snob…  ^_^

 

Jessica and the stranger…

 

Two girls that I met today when I decided to wander aimlessly.

 

Jessica…..

 

Nameless Stranger….

 

I’m done with walk in the park.. literally. So where would I go next? Maybe I’ll just go back home and watch dvds.

 

But before I could able to do that.. I should first find my way back home. I don’t remember how I  got here.

 

Ohh… nice work Taeyeon .. >.<

 

*sigh*