GOOD TIME

Wicked

 

CHAPTER 13    GOOD TIME

 

 

 

“Come! Come inside my humble pastry shop!” My mom excitedly dragged Taeyeon and Jessica inside the establishment that my mother owns. I was rooted frozen on my spot as my mind went blank.

 

 

“Do you have plans of standing there all day?” Mom barked at me sarcastically and it took me back to reality. She gave me a wink before fully entering the shop along with my two y kittens… I mean.. my newly found friends.

 

 

I followed them inside the shop but I stopped by the door.

 

 

“Don’t be shy. Come on, sit.” Mom is still overly excited serving my two y kittens… *clears throat*.. Taeyeon and Jessica. She prompted the two to sit on the table near the counter.

 

 

My two y kittens…. Arrgghhh!!! *super inhale and super exhale*.. Taeyeon and Jessica took a seat reluctantly. Awkwardness plastered on their flustered faces.

 

 

Its okay my babies… I know how you feel..

 

 

O_________O                  O.o

 

 

“Hey! Don’t just stand there. Join your friends.” Mom called me. I didn’t failed to notice her annoying smirk when she said the word friends. *sigh*

 

 

Relax Tiff…. You’re going to be fine. Its not that your mom will strip you in public… although Tayeon and Jessica stripping you inside a room with a locked door would really be great.

 

 

O________O

 

 

Ah ! Huhu.  TT.TT

 

 

I walked slowly towards their table. I am beginning to sweat bullets. And knowing my overly open minded mother, she won’t take my little confession lightly.

 

 

You know what’s scarier that the scariest horror movies?... Its when my mom opens . Its really scary.

 

 

I sat in the six seater table along with Jessica, Taeyeon and my mom. With a help of a glare, mom made me sit in between my two y kittens… and I could imagine them purring..  O.o

 

 

*sigh*

 

 

The three of us sat in awkwardness. Fidgeting here and there. And the oldest one, my evil mom, smirking and enjoying the whole thing.

 

 

Taeyeon and Jessica are not flustered anymore. Now it’s the opposite. They are both pale, white as sheet.

 

 

“So… what do you like to have?” My mother, who is sitting across the table asked Taeyeon and Jessica. And yes, the smirk is still in there.

 

 

*sigh again*

 

 

The two who were staring at their fidgeting fingers a while ago are now staring at my mom with shocked faces… and flustered face.

 

 

Ooohhh… just what did these two thought about? Hehe.. hehe… *naughty smirk*

 

 

“Stop smirking Steph. I know what that smirk means because you got that smirk from me. Clean those dirty thoughts.” Mom told me flatly.

 

 

I exchanged glances with Taeyeon and Jessica. They looked flustered than before.

 

 

“Stop blushing or you’ll explode in any moment.” I told the two. “Just give us coffee and chocolate cake.” I told my mom in a slightly annoyed tone. Mom stood but stayed. My forehead creased.

 

 

“Are you just going to sit there?!” Mom asked. I thought for a while.

 

 

“Oh.. alright… I have to serve them.” I said, thinking that I understood what my mother said.

 

 

“No silly. You have to go to the counter and pay.” She said.

 

 

Oh okay.. pay…--------- what?!

 

 

“What do you mean I have to pay? You drag us here.” I retorted.

 

 

“Is this your first time to go out with them? A wholesome go out I mean.” She inquired. My forehead creased again with the question but I nodded in response anyway.

 

 

“Oh.. so you had with them right straight away.” My mother concluded with a nonchalant tone.

 

 

“Mom!” I whispered harshly trying to stop my unstoppable mother. Jessica and Taeyeon looked like they’re gonna burst in any moment.

 

 

“Why? is natural. And you didn’t cheat to be shameful of it, right?”

 

 

Yeah yeah.. *sigh*

 

 

“Whatever. Why do I have to pay anyway?” I retorted as I cross my arms over my chest. Annoyance is creeping in me.

 

 

“Duh! This is your first date with your friends. You should atleast show off. Be a little diva and show them that you could pay for the bill.” She told me.

 

 

O___O

 

 

Do I really have to do that? There are a lot of times that I could not understand my mother. She makes me sigh for an average of 100 times a day. *sigh*

 

 

 

 

“Sorry about my mother. She could really be annoying and shamefully scary most of the time. She doesn’t bite though.” I told Taeyeon and Jessica when I got back to the table from paying for our food which would be served later on.

 

 

The two remained silent and awkward. Argh! This is frustrating!

 

 

“Its okay…. My mom is also like that.” Jessica finally spoke.

 

 

“Really?” I asked Jessica and she nodded shyly without looking at me. I shifted my attention to Taeyeon who is having a staring battle with the table. She lifted her gaze when she felt that my eyes were on her.

 

 

“Uhm… my sister is like that, too.” She said shyly. I frowned at the memory.

 

 

Yeah… I know… but.. ahh… lets change to a positive topic. Finally, a decent conversation. Its hard to come by with my mom around.

 

 

“Here you go.” The three of us looked at the owner of the voice. It was my mom, holding the tray with our snack. Mom sat down on her previous seat.

 

 

“So… why don’t we start with the introduction?” Mom said after settling in her seat. She clasped her hands and acted giddy again.

 

 

“Uhm… I am……--------“ Taeyeon didn’t finished her introduction because someone interrupted.

 

 

“Is this a bad time, Martha?” The question came from a woman. My mom’s face lit up even more as she recognizes the owner of the voice.

 

 

“No.. no. It isn’t. It’s a good time actually. Steph came here with her friends. Come. Sit here with us.” She told the person. Taeyeon and I turned our heads to see the owner of the voice. It was Auntie Janine, mom’s friend. I met her only a few times but I know this person is very close with mom… and her open-mindedness is at the same level with my mom.

 

 

My mom… with Auntie Janine?... You would want to kill yourself rather than to be interrogated by these two.

 

 

“It is a good time.” Mom added.

 

 

Mom.. shouldn’t be you working and running your business? This isn’t a reunion. *sigh for the--- I lost count already*

 

 

I looked at Jessica and I noticed her paleness. Her back is still facing the newly arrived person but why is she acting like she saw a ghost..

 

 

…or maybe she’s just getting the Martha Effect.

 

 

“Really? Thank you then. I want to chat with you.” Aunt Janine said while walking towards us. Then she stopped and looked quite puzzled as if recognizing someone.

 

 

Jessica’s jaw dropped. I was puzzled with Jessica’s weirdness. She turned her head to see the newly arrived person and her reaction shocked Taeyeon, Mom, Me and even the new comer.

 

 

 

“Mom?!”

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________