Chapter 17

[DISCONTINUED] family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This time Jennie calls her. And she doesn't even notice the other.

"Rosé!"

Rosé looks up and sees the woman. The face seems to pull her out of her mind for a moment.

Just for a moment, though.

"Umm, I uhh- is everything okay? You kind of rushed out from the party yesterday." Jennie speaks hesitatingly. And it looks like she regrets saying it.

"I mean Lisa. Is she okay? She seemed I don't know- not fine?"

Just like that she remembers about her friend. And she remembers that she didn't check up on Lisa this morning. She puts it on her to-do list.

"She's umm okay I think."

Rosé doesn't want to tell Jennie about Lisa's "little crush". Lisa probably wouldn't like that.

Tension arises between them, the atmosphere slowly turns awkward.

"Umm are you okay?" Rosé stumbles the words out. The next second she's slapping herself mentally, because the conversation now felt like a small talk.

Rosé doesn't want that, not with Jennie.

(But she doesn't know that Jennie wants to ask the same question.)

"I'm- uhh okay." Jennie looks down, fidgeting with her fingers.

"Do you want to have something, at the Café?"

Just why the hell am I blabbering stuff like that?

"I-I don't eat here, we could go out." Jennie mumbles the last part, but quickly adds. "I'll call Jisoo too, ask if Lisa wants to join..."

Of course she'll call Jisoo. Why would she go out with a stranger?

Rosé feels weird again, as if it's all out if sympathy, but it's okay, as long as she gets to hang out with Jennie.

Besides it's not like she doesn't like Jisoo. She loves the girl, she's just too fun too hang out with. But she's not sure if Lisa would want to come along. Heck, she doesn't even know where Lisa is, she didn't come on set the whole day.

"...or umm maybe your- uhh the other woman at the party..."

Rosé is confused at first but she then remembers who Jennie might be referring to.

"Oh, Wendy?"

Yesterday's events seem to rush back. Rosé is still suprised about what Wendy told her.

Joohyun, Joy's mother?

Just what in the actual hell happened?

All this time she was thinking about or rather curious about Joy's father and turns out it's not a father at all, not that it's wrong or something.

The thing that bothered her the most was that Joy is actually adopted. The information didn't rest well with her.

She remembers she had to chug three full glasses of water after that.

She wasn't sad, because she knew Joy had the best mother in the world and besides it that didn't happen, she wouldn't have met Joy,

The satanic, but actually soft Joy.

"Rosé!! Hello? Are we going?" Jennie jolts her out of her haze, for the second time today.

"Oh- uh yeah, I'm sorry, actually can I just go and ask Lisa real quick? If she wants to come, we'll meet you at the entrance in say....ten?" Rosé glances at her lock screen, to see the time.

Jennie just nods and Rosé leaves.

While walking to Lisa's room, she checks in with Wendy through a message, but she'd already eaten so she didn't want to go with them.

"Lisa, come on, open up!" Rosé is standing outside her room, knocking for two big minutes without an answer.

She's starting to panic a little now.

"Lisa I swear to god if yo-"

The door swings open and here comes Lisa. Still in her pajamas, with hair disheveled, and bags under her eyes.

Rosé moves closer, and is relieved she doesn't smell any alcohol.

"What?" Lisa's voice is beyond annoyed.

Rosé pushes herself inside and crosses her arms as if she's inspecting Lisa.

"What in the actual -" She softens her tone a little on seeing the other pouting like a kid. "Lisa.....darling what have you been doing?"

"Uhh I think...I dozed off umm I was probably also thinking about uhh you know-" Lisa rubs her eyes and tries to find words.

Rosé engulfs her into a hug and pats her head. Lisa just looks so cute, Rosé couldn't stop herself. She looks like a little kid who's confused and lost and is trying to find her parents in a big mall.

"Common freshen up, little kid." Rosé pulls her cheeks with both hands.

"Ahh! What....stop that, I'm going." Lisa sighs and heads to the bathroom.

"And listen don't take too long." Rosé shouts in hopes that the other would hear her inside the bathroom.

Lis finally comes out after ten minutes, and Rosé has to admit that was quick.

"Lis are you okay now?"

What a stupid question, .

Lisa doesn't say anything and Rosé remembers what she came here for.

"Listen, do you wanna go out for lunch? With Jisoo and Jennie?"

Rosé is expecting a big no seeing how Lisa looks right now, but she's suprised to see a tint of excitement in the other's eyes.

"Okay!" Lisa takes her phone and moves to the door, Rosé is still processing. "You coming Rose?"
 

--
 

Rosé had been very surprised when Jennie took them to a fancy looking restaurant, well of course she looks rich.

The whole car ride was just Jisoo singing or humming songs that were coming up on the radio and the others joining in and dancing (mainly Lisa) on some of the songs.

"What do you want?" Jennie asks, looking at Rosé, who is struggling in ordering.

This would be the first time Rosé is confused with food, she normally orders basically everything but this place is expensive.

"Umm anything uhh special would be fin-"

"Jennie! Jisoo! Girls it's been long." A girl appears and high-fives the two said girls. "I thought I told you to come often." The stranger pouts now.

"Look at this girl, not at me. She's the one who's been busy." Jennie quickly defends herself.

"Come on we're here now." Jisoo whines.

"I really want to sit with you guys, but I think boss will kill me, so ya." The stranger, looks back and points at a man staring at them with his arms crossed, he looks like your typical gangsters. "Anyways what do you girls want?"

Rosé didn't expect that this girl would be a waitress here, with her fashion sense she looked like a model who went to have lunch.

The stranger shifts her gaze to Rosé and Lisa and looks confused.

"Oh this is Chaeyoung and Lisa." Jisoo points out. "And this is Somi guys, our friend and a she works here, basically the source of our discounts."

Jisoo earns a little smack on the back from Somi.

"Well, have fun." Somi smiles cutely and walks away.

After about one minute she rushes back as she giggles in embarrassment. "I...forgot to take the order."

The others chuckle too.

"The same as always for Jisoo and I."

Wow. So they have a fixed order too.

Jennie finishes ordering for all of them, while Rosé doesn't even bother to hear.

"Jennie how come there's no fans hogging us." Lisa smirks.

Valid question. Jennie is famous yet they see no crazy people around her.

"Oh that's why we come to this place, everybody here is like famous or whatever, so no one goes crazy and takes pictures here." Jisoo replies proudly, like it was her idea to go there.

Rosé glances at Jennie who looks a bit uncomfortable, she doesn't know why.

"Lisa, how are you? You rushed out yesterday? What happened?" Jennie asks, but it feels like she's just wanting to change the topic.

Lisa hesitates a bit, Rosé nudges her elbow and nods encouragingly.

"It's fine if you're not comfortable, but I can assure you there's nothing to worry about." Jisoo pats Lisa on the shoulder.

"Umm actually I saw someone I like with uhh someone else, so..." Lisa trails off. And Rosé i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter