Chapter 11

[DISCONTINUED] family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They've just finished the first-ever shoot for this company, and everybody has decided to go out tonight.

Lisa loves parties, but she's confused today. She wants to go out with her friends, but she also wants to go to the practice room to dance. And if she goes, she will be incredibly tired to properly have fun at the party anyways.

She's been going there every day, even if it's for just 10 minutes. Even when she's going there so often, she still wants to go.

I love dance so much.

She thinks for a while and it's as if her hands have a mind of their own, they pick up the phone and call Rosé to tell her she's not going. She just wants to dance, it's enough of a party for her, at least that's what she thinks.

"What? You're not sick right?"

"I'm not, Rose. I just have to do some work."

"Okay if that's what you want, fine."

She cuts the call and gets ready to go to Seulgi's room. She and Seulgi have grown closer, not like best friends close, but they can talk to each other freely, without any judgements.

Lisa feels like she can talk to the other about anything, just like with her other friends. It all started with talks about different dancers and other stuff and now they're at a point where they can share their problems with each other.

She looks at the time but it was still pretty early and people could be practising there, though she never saw anyone she knew that there could be someone else, so she waits.

It's 8 in the night now and she locks her room and walks towards the practice room. She reaches and just barges in.

Seulgi is as usual sitting at that one corner and evaluating different dancers of the company. She notices Lisa and gives her a warm smile.

She knows her routine after entering the practice room, she has to go to the laptop, play a song, listen to it and dance to it. But something's different today.

Seulgi gets up and jumps, stomping her feet on the ground.

"I'll teach you a little something today cause I will have to leave early for this party with my friends."

"Really? Ohhhh my god, it'll be fun." Lisa exclaims, never once had Seulgi actually taught her a whole routine, she's obviously excited. She thinks about the coincidence of Seulgi going to a party where she is missing one.

"Nuh-uh not so quick, look at it first." Seul brings her phone and shows the routine. Lisa's jaw drops after seeing it. It's a full contemporary piece, and a very hard one.

It definitely won't be fun.

"You want me to do this? Seul you know I'm not good at contemp."

"That's why. It'll help you loosen up, common now, stretch out."

Seulgi goes and ties her hair in a messy bun, after a few moments Lisa realises she's staring and clears and looks away.

She starts learning it, and it was safe to say that,

She can't do it at all.

She gets some moves right, but now it was time for the dance break, she's been trying it for 15 minutes, yet she can't get this one move right. She's frustrated now.

"Aahh! This is so easy. Why can't I just do it right?" She slaps her right hand with her left hand, then slaps herself.

"Yah! Calm down! I told you, patience is the key, Lisaya." Seulgi says to comfort her.

"Maybe I should stop, I'm not good, Seul."

Even though it's just one move, it's frustrating if you can't even get it right, doing it with elegance is another thing.

"Come here." Seulgi motions her hand indicating Lisa to come closer to her.

Lisa has this confused look and she doesn't seem to register what was just said, so she just keeps staring at her.

Seulgi pouts in frustration and moves towards her.

She stands behind her and takes Lisa's right hand in her own hand, she shows her how to do the right-hand part.

But Lisa still can't understand anything, because of a different reason.

Seulgi is behind her, both their bodies touching. Their cheeks are also almost touching. She can feel Seul's warm breath on her shoulder.

A tint of red paints her whole face, but she's lucky Seul is busy counting and teaching her the move that she doesn't notice.

She looks at her hand, which is still in the other's hand, she doesn't want her to let go, but she does.

"See, now try." Seulgi mutters, Lisa is glad she can't see her face.

Lisa instantly misses the warmth and just wants the other so close to her again.
 

What the ? What is wrong with you?
 

"I- uhh I..t-think." Lisa stutters. "I mean I s-should head b-back."

"Why? You didn't get it, should I show you again?"

Seulgi moves forward but Lisa stumbles back, she hides her face with her hands and just sits down on that one corner.

Get a grip, Lisa.

Seulgi comes and sits beside her.

"I'm sorry, Seul, I-I'm just stressed." Lisa lies. "I think we should stop for today."

"Yeah, of course." She starts.
 

"We have all the time in the world, right?"
 

Lisa looks down, avoiding looking into the other's eyes.
 

Afraid of what she's feeling right now.
 

They just sit there, in silence. And Lisa doesn't dare to say a word. She's already used to this silence, which she can only tolerate with the person beside her.

"You know, I never told you what I was doing when we met." Seulgi sighs. This makes Lisa straighten up and look at the other, she sees a little bit of anger, no sadness in Seul's eyes.

"You can tell me now, I'm listening."

"I was dancing." Seulgi starts. "I was angry, at- at-"

She looks at nothing, just the air, trying to find words.

"Seul, it's okay, you don't have to." Lisa pats her back, the other looked uncomfortable.

"But I want to." Seulgi glances at Lisa now, facing her. "Look, I....I tend to...sometimes...dance to- to forget stuff, or emotions. I um I was angry or- or, I don't know, but I wanted to forget what happened."

Seulgi keeps on rambling, trying to find words, but there aren't enough.

"I- I saw someone, someone I never expected to see again, maybe I d-didn't want to." Her voice sounds weak now, it doesn't show anger, like she said earlier but just pain.

"But it was, it was selfish, Lisaya." Lisa sees tears in her eyes, she's almost about to cry.

Lisa doesn't think for a second and pulls her into a hug. She's always seen Seulgi either cheerful or confused, it hurts her when she sees this sad Seulgi for the first time.

"I don't know who or what you're talking about, but you, Seul, I know you can't do anything even close to selfish. You're too pure."

She just says it out loud, she's not supposed to say it, even though it's true.

Lisa is not supposed to say it.

She grabs Seulgi tighter, rubbing her back, while Seulgi just stays like that.

After some time Seulgi pulls away and Lisa misses that warmth again, she won't admit it, but she does, badly.

"You okay?" She puts her hand on Seul's shoulder.

"Yeah, thanks Lisaya."

"No need for a thanks, Seul."

"Awwhh, now you saw me like this, I looks so ugly."

You're beautiful, Seul.

"Wait, let me grab a photo of you quickly."

She picks up her phone and pretends to click a picture.

"Yahh! Stop!" Seulgi giggles. She had the cutest smile, with her nose scrunched and her eyes small. Lisa has never found a human this cute, she just wants to protect her from the world.

Lisa laughs too and sets her phone down before chaos ensues. She then rests her back on the mirror, with Seulgi following beside her.

They just sit in silence again.

But Lisa is thinking, thinking alot.

No,no,no she's a great friend, that's what she is.

There's no way I- no, no, just a great friend.

Her thoughts come to a halt when Seulgi rests her head on Lisa's shoulder.
 

There they are, in the same corner.



With the same silenc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter