Chapter 62: The demise of an Imperial Deputy Commander of the Royal Palace Guards.

Kingmaker: A Hidden Promise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

The night had cooled to a pleasant breeze as the streets of Zhaoyun fill up from the Mid–Autumn Festival. Lanterns of all shapes and sizes lit up the city. People of all ages crowded vendors selling sugar painting candies and funny looking gimmicks. People of all classes gather with awe around fire performances and circus stunts.

 

The Royal Palace was holding a banquet in celebration of the festival. Security had increased since the majority of the royal family were gathered. But a lonely figure had been able to sway her drunken self through the palace without much restraint. Was it because she held a high rank in the palace or maybe it was planned beforehand?

 

With a jar of osmanthus wine in one hand, Seulgi let herself roam the strangely empty palace courtyards. She knew her limit, but she needed to look truly intoxicated in order for her plan to work. She took another sip and began singing loudly at the top of her lungs: “keep the wine of dreams flowing endlessly until we are drunk with abandon~”

 

The Imperial Deputy Commander had ended up in a random chamber when she felt something amiss. The highly luxurious decorations were ignored. She felt something warm. It started from her chest and began spreading outwards. She thought, hot.

 

Before she could fully process it, Seulgi felt a draft of air. Then she heard a loud shriek. Her mind spun as she tried to regain her consciousness. It proved difficult as she was handled into captivity and forced on her knees.

 

“Kang Seulgi! I’ve regarded you as one of my best soldiers. This behavior has deeply disappointed me. Considering your past with the seventh prince, I’ll give you a chance. Explain this immoral act!” It was the King.

 

“Your Majesty, please have mercy!” That was Jongin. The Imperial Palace Guard Commander repeatedly bowed his head against the floor.

 

“Mercy?” The Queen sarcastically laughs. “Did she have mercy when she forced herself on me!”

 

Seulgi’s vision began clearing. Her mind buzzed, slowly becoming aware of her current condition. Presently, she was on her knees, two metal blades were kept on both sides of to restrain her movement. Jongin was bowing on her left. Across from her stood the King and Queen along with their personal attendants. Although she can’t see them, her heighten skills as a seasoned soldier told her there was a huge group of palace guards waiting outside.

 

Her eyes slowly drifted around. They were in the Queen’s bed chambers. The person, herself, seemed to be in a state of unruliness. Her robes were loosely tied and her hair unkept.

 

What Sunmi had mentioned was far from the truth. She was set on removing Seulgi from her post as the imperial deputy commander of the palace guards. According to her plan, her people were to drug Seulgi’s wine with an aphrodisiac and slowly guide the deputy commander towards her chambers. Then the Queen was to retire from the banquet after receiving word that Seulgi had entered. Her maids had strip Seulgi to her inner robes. She was able to frame Seulgi into a lustful hooligan without much effort. Her only miscalculation was that Seulgi was a female guard…

 

Based on the information she’s received about the seventh prince’s imperial guard, she had assumed that Seulgi was a male based on the rumors of achievements that’s spread across the kingdom far and wide. But it didn’t matter, male or female, it was a sin to touch those that bel

Please log in to read the full chapter