Chapter 36: When you catch someone’s heart, you will never be apart.

Kingmaker: A Hidden Promise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Lee Taemin rushed into Yueliang Palace in search of his seventh brother.

 

“Brother!” Taemin barged into Seungwans’ chambers. The intimate scene before him left him speechless.

 

“Brother, could I ask for some advice?” He quickly turned his back around.

 

Joy untangled herself from Seungwan’s arms and retreated from the room with a quick bow.

 

“What is it, Taemin–ah?” The seventh prince looked at her younger brother with worry. Aside from the Crown Prince, Seungwan held a caring and affectionate role in the hearts of the royal heirs.

 

Although she was mostly close to Princess Yongsun and doted on by Princess Hani, her brothers have looked to her for much support as a sibling. Princess Hani was the one who taught her how to drink. Thanks to Princess Hani’s guidance, she’s able to take on many of her elder brothers in a game of drinking. She had helped her sixth brother compose several poems that were spread far and wide. And although she’s never met their fourth brother, she’s had hopes he would return home one day and teach her the arts of the sword when she was a lot younger.

 

For the twelfth prince, Seungwan was a supportive figure who advised him on matters of the heart. Which was rare for someone keen on living with big ambitions. It was very few that he sought for the seventh prince concerning issues of his emotional mentality.

 

So when her twelfth brother came to her with the troubles of his marriage, Seungwan was beyond shock and she didn’t hide it.

 

“A courtesan?” Seungwan jumped from her seat. “You want to what!”

 

Taemin looked down at his hands, a blush creeping up his neck. “I wish to marry a courtesan.”

 

“Taemin–ah…” The seventh prince looked at her younger brother with sympathy. “Do you understand what you’re asking for?”

 

Taemin nodded his head.

 

“T–this is…” Seungwan was still trying to process everything. “Taemin, it’s no big deal to marry her. But you’re of royalty, she can’t be your legal wife. A concub–”

 

“No.” Taemin’s voice emitted with resolute. “I will marry her as my legal wife. My only wife. In this lifetime I will love only her.”

 

Seungwan looked at him with a proud smile. The little boy is growing up, she thought. “You know very well Empress Mother will be against you marrying her at all. Making her your legal wife…”

 

“I know…” Taemin fell back in his seat. “That’s why I can only ask this of you. Please help me.”

 

Seungwan also sat back down. “Your last resort if you’re that determined…is to surrender your rights as a royal heir. Are you still willing to go that far?”

 

A long moment of silence passed. “Yes.” Taemin gaze hardened and directed his stare into Seungwan’s eyes. “For her, I’m willing to give my all.”

 

“Ta– just who is this courtesan that has stolen my brother’s heart and mind?” The seventh prince was beyond shock. The twelfth brother that she’d witnessed grow up all these years was someone with great visions and ambitions. “You’re willing to give everything up just for a mere courtesan?”

 

Taemin jumped up from his seat. “She’s not just a mere courtesan! Her name is Naeun. She works at the Happiness Brothel in Dongqian. An-and she’s amazing! She’s the most beautiful girl in the world. She’s got these pure eyes and that smile of hers… But she’s more than just a pretty face. She…she completes me.”

 

“…” Happiness Brothel…?

 

“I know.” Taemin

Please log in to read the full chapter