Chapter 46: If the parent is a tiger, then the child will also be a tiger.

Kingmaker: A Hidden Promise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

As if prophesized, turning 18, Seulgi witnesses the wedding of the two she cherishes most.

 

On the night of the Lunar New Year Festival, King Donghae decreed:

 

A joyous occasion of matrimony. The Seventh Prince, Son Seungwan, of eighteen years, is a gentle, refined, and magnanimous scholar who has earned the hearts of his people. Outstanding in appearance and manner. The Eldest daughter of the War of God General, Bae Joohyun, is as brave as she is graceful. Yet to succumb to defeat in her five years of military service, she is equipped with chivalry, righteousness, and loyalty. A distinguished talent of our kingdom. A match made in heaven.

 

The Twelfth Prince, Lee Taemin, of sixteen years, is a talented, dashing, and unrestrained young man. Met with trouble he was rescued by the virtuous, graceful, and elegant adopted niece of the Grand Princess, Young Miss Naeun. A meeting of fate.

 

I allow for these two pairs of couples to tie the knot. The date of the double wedding is set for the twenty–first of the second month.

The palace staff scattered around and about to prepare for the grand ceremony three weeks away. As royal heirs, the two princes, have had their wedding robes prepared since birth. Of course, measurements were taken every month in order to design the best fit.

 

As for Joohyun, although she was not born of noble birth, the eldest daughter of the Bae Clan was raised with much devotion and care. Lady Miyoung had started planning on her wedding dresses the moment the crying swaddle settled in her arms. When Taeyeon accepted her role as Head of the clan, Joohyun’s dowry was one of the first arrangements she prepared. Biological or not, for as long as her daughter continues to call her father, Joohyun will always be her eldest daughter.

 

The wedding was approaching, and the Seventh Prince was confused. It was a tradition for the groom and bride to not meet a month prior to the ceremony, so why was she also seeing less of her imperial guard each day?

 

True to Seungwan’s concern, Seulgi had resumed her endless heap of duties. The security of the grand wedding was revised to accommodate the safety of two princes and two princess consorts. That meant the imperial forces were split between the two groups.

 

Although they’ve identified the Crown Prince to be the mastermind, there wasn’t anything Seulgi could do to prevent an accident from occurring on the day of the ceremony. The best she could do was intercept it. She would’ve overworked the imperial ghosts to the brink of death if it wasn’t for Moonbyul’s reminders.

 

Seulgi had divided the ghosts into two rotations to overlook the Bae Manor during a day and night shift up until the day before the wedding. On the eve of the wedding, she’ll return to the Bae Manor and keep Joohyun safe herself. The ghosts were ordered to get a good rest in order to safeguard the Baes during the day

Please log in to read the full chapter