Chapter 50: The dragon traps the tiger.

Kingmaker: A Hidden Promise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“Everyone, everyone gather around! Old Jung has word from the court!”

 

“Already?”

 

“It has only begun two hours ago!”

 

“Now, now. My cousin’s wife’s older sister’s husband is a personal attendant of a fifth rank official attending the morning court. He heard from the imperial cook who served the court officials during a small break. The embroidered uniform guards have gathered evidence that pointed to the Prime Minister!”

 

“Truly?”

 

“Impossible!”

 

“Aiya, our poor crown prince to have such a corrupted teacher…”

 

“Could he have tainted the crown prince then?”

 

“Then he would be unfit for the crown!”

 

“Alright, alright, alright everyone we can’t spread such scandalous rumors until we hear more of what’s to come. Let’s wait until the court session ends.”

 

How more accurate could Old Jung have been! Could it really be that he is just an old beggar? True to Old Jung’s news, Donghae had decided to give up on his younger brother. Kyuhyun was present in court to submit evidence tailored to the Prime Minister as the mastermind behind the unethical crimes, according to the King’s orders.

 

Just as Seungwan was about to step up and correct them, a tug on her sleeve pulled her back. It was her father–in–law. Taeyeon saw what was to come and knew it would be pointless in interfering. The king had made his decision to protect the crown prince and overlook the eldest Bae daughter’s kidnapping. Nothing was going to change that. The war god general slightly shook her head at the seventh prince.

 

“Arrest the criminal Lee Eunhyuk. He will be beheaded at the execution grounds five days from now!” The court continued as the palace guards arrested the Prime Minister. Crown Prince Seungri was furious. But all he could do was watch his godfather being dragged away. His fists tightened on his sides as he recalled how the Prime Minister had warned him beforehand to not make a single move at today’s morning court. He bore a look of daggers at his seventh brother. He wanted revenge.

 

But as if the king had heard the crown prince’s thoughts, he called for the seventh prince. Seungwan stepped forward to the center front and bowed. “Royal father, this son is present.”

 

“I heard that your imperial captain assisted a great deal with this case?”

 

Taeyeon jerked her head towards the king from her spot. She frantically thought: no!

 

“Answering Royal father, she was one of the biggest contributors.”

 

“Very well, I am a benevolent ruler. I shall reward her for her merits as well. Shindong, summon the imperial captain!”

 

When Seulgi arrived, she kneeled right by Seungwan and bowed. “Greetings to Your Majesty!”

 

“You may rise. The seventh prince had informed me that you played a major role in uncovering the Prime Minister’s crime.”

Please log in to read the full chapter