Key Part 1: The Haunted Memory

The Dangerous Pocky Game!!

The bottle landed on Kim Kibum - the Almightly Key, that nagging umma. We stared at each other for a few seconds. I can hear people sigh. I wonder why. Out of the entire SHINee group, Jonghyun oppa was the only excited member. It seemed like he’s been impatient for the game to start, ever since I arrived to the dorm. He took out a green tea Pocky. That boy was eager.

“Here…Ready…Set…Go…” Jonghyun oppa shouted excitedly.

Key oppa and I stared at each other for a couple of seconds. Then, we slowly nibbled the end of the Pocky. It’s been such a long time since I’ve eaten green tea pocky – its bitter sweet taste. We continued to nibble on the pocky until our faces were less then 5mm apart. Now I’m starting to feel nervous. I want to win but I don’t want to lose my first kiss to the nagging umma. Well, it’s not really my first kiss since, but I want a kiss that isn’t related to work. The pocky between us almost disappeared when…

“Oh my gosh! Is that a cockroach on the floor?” Stupid Jonghyun oppa shouted.

I hate cockroaches more than anything in this world! I quickly stood up so that I can save myself from the cockroach. When I did, my lips accidentally touched my opponent’s lips. The kiss was the last thing on my mind at that moment. I ran to Minho oppa and clung onto him.

“OPPA! OPPA! OPPA! KILL IT!! KILL IT NOW!!” I screamed from the top of my lungs.

Minho oppa was carrying me like a little baby. He patted my head as he tried to calm down my emotions. The rest of the oppas were trying to kill the cockroach. As for me, I was still in Minho oppa’s embrace. After their five minutes of attempting to kill the cockroach, I had to let go of Minho oppa so that he can kill that cockroach for us. Knowing that I feel unprotected, Taemin oppa walked over to me and replaced Minho oppa. I was so scared that I slowly fainted. The world just turned black…

~Third POV~

When the cockroach was finally dead after numerous attempts, Taemin let go of Kyungmin and walked to the kitchen to get her something to drink. Just when the other SHINee members were about to turn around, they saw a figure slowly sliding down the wall. Minho and Taemin ran to Kyungmin in order to keep her in balance. It seemed to them that she fainted due to the shock of the cockroach.

“What do we do with her now?” Onew asked. He was worried from how pale her face was.

“I guess we have no choice but to bring her to our room so that she can get some sleep.” Taemin answered.

When Jonghyun and Onew was about to carry her, KyungMin mumbled something.

“Minho oppa, don’t leave me. Stay with me tonight…I’m scared…I don’t like cockroaches. They’re scary…”

They decided to let her sleep in Minho’s room because Key and Taemin’s room can barely fit three people. Minho carried KyungMin into his room and placed her on the empty bed next to his. KyungMin wouldn’t let go of his hand so Minho told Taemin to get the big black teddy bear that was in the corner of his room. After Taemin handed Minho the bear, he slowly switched his hand and replaced it with the teddy bear. He brushed strands of her hair off of her face. He tucked her into bed and kissed her on the cheek before he left the room.

Just when he thought nobody saw his actions there, Key, on the other hand, observed the scene. Key was filled with rage, but the rage itself is a total mystery.

When Minho walked into the living room, he saw the worried expressions on all SHINee members, who were sitting in front of the T.V. The mystery behind Kyungmin’s abnormal fear of cockroaches and her abnormal trust in Minho rather than Taemin was revealed.

KyungMin and Taemin loved camping when they were younger. They would go with their families every weekend and enjoy the wonderful view of the scenery nearby. Nonetheless, they always ended up in a random forest. There were lots of bugs as well. That is where her fear of cockroaches came about. Once, when they went camping, they forgot to throw away the garbage properly. So during the night, the cockroaches came to visit them. Kyungmin, being the closest to the garbage, was surrounded by cockroaches when she woke up. She screamed so loud that the possibility of waking up the dead was possible. That was also how she found her soprano voice. Anyways, ever since then, her fear of cockroaches was uncontrollable. One time, she was visiting Taemin at a Dream Team recording and came into contact with a cockroach. She kept on screaming. Taemin was recording at that time so he couldn’t do anything to prevent the cockroach from going near Kyungmin. Later, Minho found her and killed the cockroach. After that, it took Minho and Taemin a good half an hour to calm her down. The Dream Team recording was also cut short that day.

~I know this chapter not really about you and Key but I need to develop this for the next chapter~

SUBSCRIPTIONS AND COMMENTS ARE LOVED AND WELCOMED!!!