Chapter 8

Locker-Confined Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s a beautiful Thursday morning when I decided to go to school early. Tomorrow’s the day of the auditions and I still need to practice. I can’t practice much here at home and my schedule’s full today. I can’t risk lunch time today, I have a feeling Kibum will get mad if I skipped lunch. This morning is all I’ve got.

I hurried to the bathroom and took a quick shower. Then I ran down the flight of stairs to eat breakfast.

“Taemin?”

I stopped rummaging food from the fridge and looked behind me. I saw Heechul hyung rubbing his eyes open. “Good morning…”

He blinked thrice and walked over to me. He pinched me. “Ow! What’s that for?” I rubbed the sore spot on my arm.

“I’m just checking if I’m awake.” He sat on a stool and stretched his arms on the counter.

“Hey, you’re supposed to pinch yourself to check if you’re awake. I saw that in some dramas and movies hyung.”

“I’m not an actor. I can do whatever I want. Besides, I’m your hyung. I got you under my command.” He looked and stuck his tongue out.

“That’s child abuse!” I yelled over my shoulder as I grabbed a pitcher of juice and put it on the table.

“You’re not a child…” He smirked. “Unless you wanted to be treated like one…oh, wait. I AM treating you like a child.”

“I’m in my third year hyung! I’m not a child!” I stomped my feet for an added effect.

“Well act like one!” His shoulders shaking as he laughed. “You always use your aegyo to get what you want…”

I sat across him and sipped my juice. “It’s not as if I’m doing it on purpose.” A lie. “I can’t help it if that’s the way I am.” A fact.

He grabbed my glass and took a sip. “I see your confidence level is skyrocketing to a different level now…I like it.”

“Really???”

“Yup. I’d prefer you like that instead of an insecure kid.”

I nodded. To tell you the truth, I feel a lot better. It’s not even a week since the bullying stopped but it seems a lot is already changing. This is what I’ve always wanted-to be normal.

“So…who do I have to thank for?”

“Thank for what hyung?”

“I’m sure someone is behind all this transformation.” I opened my mouth to say something but he beat me to it. “Don’t even deny it.”

“What’s his name?”

“He’s Ki-…wait a minute. Did you just say ‘his’???”
He gave me a teasing smile. “Yes, I did say ‘his’…and you’re busted. You already said ‘He’s’.”

My throat dried up. Should I tell him it’s Kibum?

“Well…?”
Breathe in…breathe out. Relax Taemin. It’s just a name. “His name is Kibum.”

“Is he Kim Kibum?” His grin grew wider.

“Yah…hyung, how did you know him?”
He shrugged off his shoulder. “I ran through the notebook you left by the couch last night. His name was written at the pages at the back.”

My hands are trembling as I raised a piece of bread to my mouth. I chewed for a while and spoke “I was copying his handwriting.”

He let out a laugh and shook his head. “Whatever. Are you done?” He stood up and started walking to his room.

“I’m just going to eat a few more hyung…”

“Take your time. I’m going to wash up. I’ll walk you to school.”

~

We’re closing in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter