Chapter 4

Locker-Confined Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Am I really doing this? Oh God…I’m only a few steps from their booth. C’mon Taemin. You can do it.

I took a deep breath as I willed myself to take a step forward and walk towards the booth. He was sitting comfortably on his chair while writing some things on his planner. Two girls are standing by the table and are handing out some flyers. From the looks of it, they are on the same year as me.

Just a few more steps. One…two…three…four…five…then I stopped. The girls gasped upon seeing me. The other people around the booth were surprised as well. I didn’t mind them though, I grabbed the pen on the table and scribbled my name on the piece of paper in front of me. I stood up straight and held on to the strap of my bag. I looked at Kibum. His attention was still on his planner but I guess the deafening silence is starting to get to him. “Yah. Why is everyone suddenly quiet?” He closed his planner and looked up and caught my eye. “Oh…Taemin-ah…”

He stood up and walked towards the table. He stood at the opposite side of me. “What are you doing here?” His gaze went down to the sheet of paper on the table. He grabbed it and a smile formed on his face. “You signed up…” It was more of a confirmation than a question.

I cleared my throat and opened my mouth but nothing came out. I’m sure I’m looking like an idiot right now.

“What’s wrong?”

“N-nothing…”

He chuckled and shook his head. “Okay…the auditions are two days from now. I’ll see you at the dance studio.” He made his way back to his comfy chair.

“I’ll see you at lunch right?”

He turned around and smiled at me. “Of course…take care.”

I nodded in reply. I’ll see him soon. As I turned around, I noticed a pair of eyes focused intently on me. I looked at her again but she’s now walking towards Kibum. What’s up with her?

My morning classes passed by slowly. Chemistry class was boring. I just spent my time staring at the neat handwriting on my worksheet. I took out a piece of paper and tried to copy it. I wrote the same words, I followed the but somehow it looked different. I crumpled the paper and hid it inside my bag.

“Lee Taemin.”

I looked up from my desk.

“Is there something you want to share with the class? You seemed preoccupied with a piece of paper. Are you passing notes during my class?”

“No mam…I was just…uhm…I was just checking my answers to yesterday’s homework.” Nice save Taemin.

“Is that so? Then…can you answer items 2 to 3?”

I smiled secretly to myself as I approached the board. Those questions are quite difficult ...good thing Kibum answered it for me…I’m not going to embarrass myself. Kekeke. Remind me to thank him at lunch.

“Taemin!” I looked around the crowded cafeteria. Then I noticed a long arm wacing at me. “Right here!” I walked towards the table where Minho was seated. I put down the tray and sat opposite him. “How’s your day?”

“It’s okay so far. How about you hyung?”

“You can call me Minho. And my day’s great! A lot of freshies signed up for the football team.” He took a bite of his burger. I looked at his tray. There was a bowl of salad and a glass of orange juice but he’s only munching on a burger and he’s drinking some coke.

“Aren’t salads supposed to come first in a meal?”

“Oh…these are not mine. It’s Kibum’s…”

I turned my head from side to side. “He’s already here?” Where is he?”

“He’s still doing some work…but he’ll be here soon.”

My mouth formed an ‘o’ as I ate my sandwich. “Are you his slave or something?” I gave him a teasing smile.

“Me? Slave? No way!”

“You look like one hyung. Yesterday he made you carry his things…”

To my surprise, Minho laughed. “Why are you lau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter