Chapter 15

Locker-Confined Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lunchtime…

I looked around the cafeteria for Minho and Jinki hyung because they’re not at our usual table.

“Taemin oppa!”  I looked for the source of the voice. I saw Sulli waving at me. She’s seated at a table with some of the members of the dance club.

“Oh. Hey Sulli.”   I waved back. “Have you seen Minho hyung?”

“He’s with the librarian’s assistant. They’re eating lunch out there.” She pointed outside the cafeteria where a few stone tables can be found.

“Thanks.”

“Don’t forget about our practice this afternoon oppa.” She shouted at me before I reached the exit.

“I won’t. See you!” I rushed off to my two hyungs who were pretty preoccupied with each other. “Hello!”

Jinki noticed me first and moved an inch far from Minho. The younger of the two looked confused for a second then turned around and smiled. “There you are…”

“Why are you guys seated here?” I took of my backpack and settled it on the table.

“Kibum usually reserves our spot but when we came, he’s nowhere to be found.”

“I thought he just went to the bathroom or something.”  I pulled out my phone from my pocket and checked for a new message. “He hasn’t texted me. Where is he?”

“If we knew, then we would’ve told you already.” Jinki hyung said as he was picking which chicken lollipop is bigger than the rest. He pouted when Minho purposely got the biggest one and pretended to take a bite.

I took my eyes off the two and dialed Kbum’s number. It’s turned off.

“I think I should look for him.”  Pulled on the strap of my backpack and stood up.

“No need.” I turned around and saw Kibum approaching us. “Sorry, I had to stay at the office to fix some things.” He sat down and fanned himself with an envelope.

“What’s that?” I took a seat again and peeked at the envelope but Kibum quickly hid t in his bag.

“It’s nothing. Just some paperwork.” Minho eyed him conspicuously and Kibum just stared back. This looks too familiar now. Jinki hyung and I know that everytime these two had a little staring competition it means that they know something that we don’t, in short, they have a secret that’s exclusive to themselves. We’re not mad though. We know it’s something grown out of years of friendship. We can wait, I’m sure they’ll open up about these secrets soon.

“C’mon. Let’s eat.” I pulled Kibum’s arm but he didn’t move.

“I’m too tired.”

“Sheesh. Fine. I’ll just buy your lunch for you.” I stood up but all of a sudden he got up too.

“If it’s too much work for you then forget about it. I’ll get it myself.” He walked away and entered the cafeteria.

“What’s his problem?” I asked Minho.

He just shrugged and took a bite of an apple. “PMS?”

Jinki, who was halfway through his water bottle, stifled a laugh causing him to spill some of the liquid on the table and on his uniform. Minho rummaged through his backpack and handed him a towel. I rolled my eyes and followed Kibum to the cafeteria. He was already paying for his lunch when I got in line.

“Hey! Wait up!”

He spared me a glance and muttered. “I’ll be waiting for you at Sulli’s table. I’ve got something to tell them.”

“Okay.” I grabbed a carton of juice and a sandwich then paid for it. I made my way to the table when someone tapped my shoulder.

“Hi.” It’s Krystal beaming a smile at me.

“Hello.”

“Hmm. I’m just wondering…are you free after dance practice?”

“Why?”
“Well, I’ve got gift checks to that new restaurant acro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter