Chapter 2

Locker-Confined Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I opened my eyes and looked around. White walls. The place reeked of the smell of disinfectant. Where am I again? I tried to get up but my stomach hurt a bit so I rested back on the bed.

“Oh…you’re awake.”

I turned my attention at the foot of the bed. There stands a tall boy, with short hair and big eyes. I knew who he was. It’s impossible to not know who he was.

“Choi Minho…”

“Yup. That’s me.” He sat on the chair beside me. “Are you feeling better?”

I nodded in reply and looked around. “uhm…where’s the other guy?”

“Other guy?” He tilted his head to the right with confused eyes. “Oh, you mean Kibum!”

“K-kibum?”

He smiled. “He’s got a class. He’ll meet with us after school.”

“He’ll meet us after school?” Why? My eyebrows furrowed. I guess he noticed it.

“Taemin- You’re Lee Taemin right?” I nodded. How impolite. The guys were so good to me and I haven’t introduced myself yet. “We’ll take you home. Just to be safe.”

I smiled and bowed my head a little. “How did you know my name?” He ruffled my hair and gave out a bitter smile.

“You’re not that ignored as you think. Of course we would know your name. Everyone in this school knows you’re name. How can no one know the name of the school’s pretty boy?”

“P-pretty boy?”  They called me that?

Minho gave a hearty laugh. “I told you…you’re not that ignored. I know a bunch of people who wants to get to know you but sadly…they’re scared of Chansung and his gang.”

“Why did you help me then?”

“Are you implying that I should be scared of those guys?” His big eyes opened wide…I never thought they could get any bigger but surprisingly, they did.

“I, Choi Minho, am not afraid of some jerks.”

“Oh…right. Flaming charisma?”
“Ding! You’re right! And for that…” He rummaged through his gym bag. “You won a special prize!” He got a brown paperbag and gave it to me. “Ta-da! The Almighty’s special!”

I reached out and grabbed the paperbag. I smelled its content. Smells like chicken. A chicken sandwich? “T-thanks…”

“You should be really grateful! It’s the almighty’s!”

“Almighty?” I took out the sandwich and took a bite.

Again, Minho’s eyes opened wide. “You don’t know the almighty?”

I shook my head. “s-sorry…should I know him?”

“It’s not like you ‘should’ it’s more of…hmm…I can’t explain it. It’s just unbelievable that you don’t know him.” He handed me a carton of milk. “Here. Another treat from the almighty.”

“T-thanks…” I continued to eat in peace. Minho just sat there and watched me eat. When I finished eating, he grabbed my bags and stood up.

“C’mon. Let’s go. You need to rest.” I quickly got out of bed. I bowed and thanked the nurse on the way out.

We were walking down the hallway. Surprisingly, all eyes were on us. No, it’s surprising for me. Minho’s used to this kind of attention. I kept my head down all the way. Suddenly, the hallway seemed so long. I mentally slapped myself. Oh yeah. I always run here, no wonder the distance seemed so short before.  
Students were whispering to one another. I’m sure they’re talking about me. Gosh, it’s really awkward. Then suddenly Minho stopped walking. He pulled my arm to stop me from walking. At the other end of the hallway,  Chansung’s gang are talking to a group of girls. They turned their attention to us. The atmosphere seemed thick. The girls moved away, they obviously don’t want to get in between.

I looked up to Minho, his eyes were challenging Chansung’s. Oh no.

RINGDINGDONG

“Okay guys and gals. Tomorrow is recruitment day! It’s your chance to sign-up for some clubs. Club presidents and officers, don’t forget to set-up early. Drop by the student affairs office and reserve your booths.” It’s the radio guy. Yeah, I call him radio guy because I don’t know who he is. I’m not that sociable remember? Anyway, He’s the one reminding students of the upcoming activities and stuff.

“Alrighty…Today, I have a cool song for you all!” Right. Before he goes off air, he plays a special song. Well, it depends on him, sometimes it would be some girl group stuff but nobody seems to mind. From what I’ve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter